FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Added your Id mate.Now im in Jan 2012 only got 750k to spend not gonna bother may sell Insua as i have Dobo whos starting to show signs of a good fullback.

Nice one

The 2 Fernandos are doing well so far as a strikeforce combo.

How much did you pay for Llorente?

Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool

Gerrard (10)

Rooney (38)

Plenty of yellows cards! 8 all together 5 for us; Skrtel, Johnson, Carragher, Criscito and N'Gog.

Decent result at OT tbh, United dominated the game overall but we still put in a good performance.

EDIT: Fans were slightly concernced... wtf! That's a great result!

:thup:

18.5mill im playing his as complete forward support hasnt scored as much as Nando but sets up alot & is a tall striker.

Sound i play 2 upfront and have Torres/N'Gog (Poacher) and Dzeko/Kuyt (Advanced Forward) although am getting rid of N'Gog and looking to bring Suarez or Neymar in but unsure about Kuyt

Connor Wickham is been poor for me in the 2 years hasnt scored & always injured ive got Nando to tutor maybe it will change him & Baracar has been great & is the future of the club.

Might have a look at Babacar as backup to Dzeko

ive just finished season 1 and there is a load of manager changes Ancelotti, Houllier, Martinez and Mancini got sacked Moyes is now manager at Chelsea
Must be a bug even in my game alot of managers get the sack.Man city sacked 3 managers in season lol.

Some transfer tips for the first window, after heavily experimenting.

There's a number of players with new contracts in the team that you can't really get rid of in the first window, no matter how much you'd love to (hi to you Konchesky and Jovanovic!). On to the ones you can sell:

Sotos: Mixed case. Sometimes there's tons of teams interested in him, sometimes none. If you get interest, offer him for 7.5mil, so you get bids for 4mil which is his release clause. Offering him for 4, will yeild bids of 2.8-2.9m. (all prices in euros)

Lucas: You can get 12-13m for him. Make sure you offer him for 30m so you get the maximum bid. Usually from Bayern.

Maxi: 11-12m for this one, but will most likely demand compensation to move, offer him for 22.5m.

Kuyt: 12-13m for Kuyt as well. Offer him for 30m.

Babel: Around 9m for Babel, not always guaranteed. He'll ask for compensation as well most of the time. Offer him for 15.

N'Gog: If you put him on the transfer list, Napoli is interested among others, and are always willing to exchange him directly for Hamsik, which is a pretty sweet deal.

Make sure that you set the players as not needed by the club and unavailable for loan before offering them. Otherwise you could get tons of loan offers or deals breaking by the player thinking he's still in your plans.

On average you can easily get 30-35m by getting rid of whoever you consider dead wood. You can also ask the board for more transfer money which will give you an extra 7m. Coupled with the initial 40mil, we're talking 80m+ for transfers. You can pretty much make a new Liverpool and just keep Reina, Stevie and Torres.

Hmm, so basically the tactic is to offer clubs with high price and they will negotiate ?

my highest sale so far is lucas 5 million (heart-wrenching considering his recent RL good form)

jova, babel all went for 1mil and 2.5mil respectively.

biggest problem being aquilani and poulsen, demanding me to pay for their transfer, so im just loaning them out till their contract end

kuyt and maxi served me well, maxi basically won the champions league for me in the 2nd season, subbed in at half time and score 1, assist 1 to beat real 3-2

ngog, continuing to be a able backup for torres

but im coming off a poor 3rd season, finished 4th(barely) and a FA cup

top of the league after about 10 or more games. Not won a game when Gerrard & Torres have not started, made no signings and sold nobody in my first season.

Good luck with the season

Hes worth it mate hes been a super sub for me just scored with 10 mins left against the gunners to save it 1-1 :)

Will get him if i can

Hmm, so basically the tactic is to offer clubs with high price and they will negotiate ?

my highest sale so far is lucas 5 million (heart-wrenching considering his recent RL good form)

jova, babel all went for 1mil and 2.5mil respectively.

biggest problem being aquilani and poulsen, demanding me to pay for their transfer, so im just loaning them out till their contract end

kuyt and maxi served me well, maxi basically won the champions league for me in the 2nd season, subbed in at half time and score 1, assist 1 to beat real 3-2

ngog, continuing to be a able backup for torres

but im coming off a poor 3rd season, finished 4th(barely) and a FA cup

Welcome to the thread :)

I just won the Euro cup after a great 3-1 victory over FC Bayern Munchen thanks to a hat trick by Kuyt. I've pulled the miraculous quad and claimed the english cup, FA cup, Euro cup, and premier league. Now I just have to finish my last game against blackpool and I'll have finished up my first season.

My english cup final was against Sunderland... I'm not entirely sure how Sunderland made it to the english cup final, they are current sitting at 17th in the league table. If they loose this last match, they'll be relegated, but still qualified for the Euro Cup.

8 games into the league season, played 8, won 6 and drew 2 with this 4-2-3-1:

GK: Reina

DR: Johnson

DCL: Agger

DCR: Carragher

LB: Riise (I just love the guy.)

MCL: Lucas

MCR: Meireles

AMR: Cole

AMC: Gerrard

AML: Coentrao

STC: Torres

Bench:

Jones

Skrtel

Aurier

Poulsen

Babel

Jovanovic

Maxi

Joe Cole is doing pretty well as an Advanced Playmaker on the right, something like 6 goals and 7 assists in 12 appearances.

Torres, as ever, is devouring everyone, with a goal-per-game ratio.

Lucas is rapidly improving, and chipping in with the odd screamer here and there.

Riise has about 8 assists and 2 goals in 11 appearances from LB.

I've so far beaten Arsenal and Chelsea, and drew at the City of Manchester stadium. I'm about 3 points ahead at the top, but Man. City are attempting to tap up Suso. Which is annoying me no end.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good coaching staff for my second season? Other teams keep poaching off all my couches.

Some of the below may differ in your game. I still have Angel Vales and Carragher is a 4 Star Defending, Tactics coach.

Lemos Filho - 5 Star Shooting, Ball control. 4.5 Att

Moniz - 4.5 Shooting, Ball control

John Versleeuwen - 4.5 Star Defending, Tactics

Tanajura Flavio - 4 Star Defending, Ball control

Chagas Rodrigo - 4 Star Shooting, Ball control

Harold Schumacher - GK - 5 Star

Pedro Jara - GK - 5 Star

Omar Feitosa - Fitness - 5 Star

Paul Winsper - Fitness - 5 Star

Hi All

Just started my Liverpool game after a few years off. I've scoured this thread and it's nice to see some names I recognise from over the years.

Done my usual thing of bringing in a shed load of players to try and find the best ones before I start a new game properly, however I seem to have found a goodun, Xerdhan Shaqiri (we've been linked with him in real life I believe) superb prospect. I haven't managed to work out the screenshot posting techniques yet, but I would urge anyone who needs a young prospect winger to give him a try. Skins players for fun.

Pastore seems to be the bug bear in mine, just can't get Palermo to part with him, they keep rejecting bids, I got to about 25m and they came back with a counter offer saying they wanted 67.5m up front with another 25m over 48 months. Needless to say I baulked at that!!

Hi All

Just started my Liverpool game after a few years off. I've scoured this thread and it's nice to see some names I recognise from over the years.

Done my usual thing of bringing in a shed load of players to try and find the best ones before I start a new game properly, however I seem to have found a goodun, Xerdhan Shaqiri (we've been linked with him in real life I believe) superb prospect. I haven't managed to work out the screenshot posting techniques yet, but I would urge anyone who needs a young prospect winger to give him a try. Skins players for fun.

Pastore seems to be the bug bear in mine, just can't get Palermo to part with him, they keep rejecting bids, I got to about 25m and they came back with a counter offer saying they wanted 67.5m up front with another 25m over 48 months. Needless to say I baulked at that!!

I had a look at Shaqiri but went for bigger names in the end, but if he devlops well will be a good buy. Be patient on Pastore, I couldn't get him in season 1 but got him for 12m at the start of season 2.

It's so annoying - FM11 wouldn't work on my computer or laptop because the 'graphics system could not be set up'. So I checked online and it seemed that downloading the direct x sdk update would fix it. I did it and then FM started working. But yesterday when I tried to open FM, I could the same error thing. How is that possible? Anyway, can anyone tell me where to ask for help or does anyone here know what to do?

It's so annoying - FM11 wouldn't work on my computer or laptop because the 'graphics system could not be set up'. So I checked online and it seemed that downloading the direct x sdk update would fix it. I did it and then FM started working. But yesterday when I tried to open FM, I could the same error thing. How is that possible? Anyway, can anyone tell me where to ask for help or does anyone here know what to do?

if i was you i would post in here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/24-PC-Mac-General-Discussion

2nd season squad:

GK: Reina, Jones

DR: Diogo, Johnson, Darby

DL: Angel, Aurelio, Insua

DC: Skrtel, Carragher

DC: Agger, Wilson

DM: Lucas, Poulsen, Spearing

MC: Meireles, Aquilani

MC: Gerrard, Shelvey

AMR: Kuyt, Maxi, Pacheco

AML: Albin (inj long term), Jovanovic, Cole

FC: Torres, Tardelli, Griffiths

First three games:

Man U in Charity Shield, 3-1

Everton, 2-0

Brum, 2-0

Anyone seen a big improvemwent statwise from anyone in this year's game? I've had loads of good first team performances by the likes of Robinson, Suso, Shelvey and Silva, but little improvement.

Just starting to get into the second season now, some changes in personel over the summer and so far so good....

2nd season squad:

GK: Reina, Jones

DR: Johnson, Kelly

DL: Insua, Robinson

DC: Skrtel, Carragher

DC: Agger, Wilson

MC: Meireles, Lucas

MC: Gerrard, Shelvey, Pacheco, Suso

AMR: Kuyt, Affelay

AML: Coentrao, Assulin

FC: Torres, Derdiyok, Lukaku

Major outs were Jovanovic, Cole, Maxi, Aquilani

Major ins were Lukaku (£3M), Affelay (Free), Wickham (£1.5) also picked up some decent youngsters to nurture through the U18 and reserves.

Anyone managed to increase their youth recruitment standing yet? I got told to sod off basically by the board

Season 2011/12 Review

league:1st

fa cup:4th rd

carling cup:q/f

Europa league:2nd rd knockout

Awards

Player of the year:Torres

Top goalscorer:Torres

Team Of the Year Gerrard,Torres & Reina(Subs bench)

Happy with the season gonna work on my defence as i let in to many goals lost 5-0 to Chelsea & 5-1 to Man City not gonna let it happen next season wont bring in to much next season will bring in youth for the future maybe 2 or 3 signings.

alright guys, im new here, been following this thread for 2-3 days and finally decided to involve myself since i needed someone to share my story and game with, so thought, why not all the/a few fellow liverpool fans?

anyway, to the point, im 35 games into the season, im 3rd and im 8 points behind arsenal, who also have 3 games left. They need to slip up in order for me to win the league, provided that i win all my games, and i got man utd as my 2nd last game, and man utd are 2nd by a point but have played a game more than me and arsenal. my only hope is that man city perform in their last game against arsenal, i have a chance, but it all depends on beat man utd.

im also in the final of europa against werder bremen, so hopefully i should win that!

EDIT: scratch that, arsenal just won their game so i have no chance to win it now since they're crowned the champs, but i can still come 2nd to get auto qualification to Champs league...where we belong!

alright guys, im new here, been following this thread for 2-3 days and finally decided to involve myself since i needed someone to share my story and game with, so thought, why not all the/a few fellow liverpool fans?

anyway, to the point, im 35 games into the season, im 3rd and im 8 points behind arsenal, who also have 3 games left. They need to slip up in order for me to win the league, provided that i win all my games, and i got man utd as my 2nd last game, and man utd are 2nd by a point but have played a game more than me and arsenal. my only hope is that man city perform in their last game against arsenal, i have a chance, but it all depends on beat man utd.

im also in the final of europa against werder bremen, so hopefully i should win that!

EDIT: scratch that, arsenal just won their game so i have no chance to win it now since they're crowned the champs, but i can still come 2nd to get auto qualification to Champs league...where we belong!

Welcome to the best thread in FM :)

Alright lads just loading my save up would of been on earlier but got called in to work for a few hrs

Season 2011/12 Review

league:1st

fa cup:4th rd

carling cup:q/f

Europa league:2nd rd knockout

Awards

Player of the year:Torres

Top goalscorer:Torres

Team Of the Year Gerrard,Torres & Reina(Subs bench)

Happy with the season gonna work on my defence as i let in to many goals lost 5-0 to Chelsea & 5-1 to Man City not gonna let it happen next season wont bring in to much next season will bring in youth for the future maybe 2 or 3 signings.

Well done mate i finished season1 and will post a review up later or tomorrow

Welcome mate :)

Archived