Mr Hough 4-1-2-1-2 Tactic 10.3

Gonna try this with my French third division side, currently leading the table, but just lost my two good wingers, and have no backup AMR, so will have to play narrow. Will be able to tell you how a lower league team fares with it, cheers.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty impressive so far to be honest, did not expect the set-up to be so good. :)

First friendly with Southampton against Cheltenham should have been more than 5-0, got the woodwork 3 times and they were definite goals!

edit: Won my second friendly clean and without doubt, 0-4 (i'm away) against Eastleigh. Something to note is that I always see opposition trying to play more offensive against me, or always set offensive instructions whenever I use this tactic.

just won Real 3x2 at home in a friendly (i'm Fiorentina, just signed with them, third season), but lost Liverpool 3x1 (BUT, i had 4 clean sheets and they had 3, but they also have Torres, Gerrard and Gourcuff :/)

tactic is amazing, but my FB's are getting low rates, as Jovetic (my AMC here :]) is saying.

Playing in the French third division with a midtable team (though I am undefeated after 22 games);

4-1

4-0

3-0

4-1

Looks like you've done it again Mr. Hough, many thanks. Defense is a bit shaky at times, however I find that changing the defensive line can fix this. I usually push up more, if that makes it worse, I drop it back to around deep.

mr. hough,

Do you always play very attacking football? If not, what do you switch to in order to close out a result, if need be?

Increase time wasting to max, remove forward runs on fullbacks and MCs. Then, if you want, you can also reduce the width of the tactic.

Now, if you are also good at reading how the opposition are closing you down, then you can also adjust the tempo. Lets say the opposition is not pressing you much, then you can reduce the tempo in the last 10 minutes. But the main things are to increase time wasting and remove forward runs on the FBs and MCs.

OK i'm going to come out and say it.....i don't think this tactic is any good.

It's simply too attacking, very much a Kevin Keegan approach to football in that it's just attack, attack you score 4 and they score 3, no class and your players end up knackered too. It's set to overload and what tends to happen is one decent though ball from the opposition and they are on to you like a flash.

Like i said great attacking and no problem with scoring but you always feel that you are about to conceed...

I'm sure i've now left myself open for a loads of screenshots with it working great.........from people managing the likes of Barcelona, Inter and Man U!

It's not a bad tactic, but I wouldn't say it's the most effective from Mr Hough. I'm giving away too many chances and goals with this one.

I've gone back to the trusted 433 final version, much more solid with my team(Farnborough, League 2)

Oh and as Dave mentions, my players are getting a bit too tired with this one too.

It's simply too attacking, very much a Kevin Keegan approach to football in that it's just attack, attack you score 4 and they score 3, no class and your players end up knackered too. It's set to overload and what tends to happen is one decent though ball from the opposition and they are on to you like a flash.

Like i said great attacking and no problem with scoring but you always feel that you are about to conceed...

I'm sure i've now left myself open for a loads of screenshots with it working great.........from people managing the likes of Barcelona, Inter and Man U!

Personally I have had alot of success with the tactic so far. Haven't conceeded much and my Palermo team is playing really well, certainly not noticing my players getting too tired using this. Maybe you should actually try the tactic for yourself, maybe for a season, or even half a season, then you can decide what you think of it.

Steve

Personally I have had alot of success with the tactic so far. Haven't conceeded much and my Palermo team is playing really well, certainly not noticing my players getting too tired using this. Maybe you should actually try the tactic for yourself, maybe for a season, or even half a season, then you can decide what you think of it.

Steve

Try it for myself? I did, how do you think i was able to comment on it?!

Try it for myself? I did, how do you think i was able to comment on it?!

It only came out last night, if you did try it then you couldn't of tried it for very long...... unless you were just quickly doing matches without really bothering with them.

Steve

It only came out last night, if you did try it then you couldn't of tried it for very long...... unless you were just quickly doing matches without really bothering with them.

Steve

Don't assume you know how others play the game.

It's been out over 12 hours. I'm a self confessed FM addict and in that time i can assure you (not that i need to) i've played enough games with the new tactic to see how it performs.

I'm currently managing a non league side that i've taken into the premership (and kept there) and i didn't acheive that by 'not bothering with games' and 'quickly doing matches'.

The tactic has only been out for about 13 hours, sorry but whether you are a self confessed FM addict or not, I very much doubt you could of done extensive testing with this tactic..... even if you didn't sleep at all last night.

Steve

The tactic has only been out for about 13 hours, sorry but whether you are a self confessed FM addict or not, I very much doubt you could of done extensive testing with this tactic..... even if you didn't sleep at all last night.

Steve

So if after 25 matches you can see the failings of a tactic you'd say that wasn't enough games? You'd carry on would you doing worse, letting in more goals and doing worse in the league that you did before?

So tell me wise one, just how long should i play with a tactic that clearly isn't working for my team before i give up on it?

So tell me wise one, just how long should i play with a tactic that clearly isn't working for my team before i give up on it?

Maybe your team don't have the best players for the tactic. Still 25 games or not, with a team you have "managed to keep" in the Premiership from lower league is still not proof that the tactic doesn't work. I take it you conceeded every game with your world class defenders, and all your young players with great stamina were all unfit after using it and you lost/drew most games etc etc?

Steve

Maybe your team don't have the best players for the tactic. Still 25 games or not, with a team you have "managed to keep" in the Premiership from lower league is still not proof that the tactic doesn't work. I take it you conceeded every game with your world class defenders, and all your young players with great stamina were all unfit after using it and you lost/drew most games etc etc?

Steve

And thats my point you fool! It isn't working for my team which is all i'm trying to say! Why do you have such difficulty understanding that this tactic will not work for everyone just because it works well for you?

Read this thread again, i'm not the only one raising issues with the tactic being too attacking, giving the opposition too many chances, leaking goals and tiring your players. We don't all play with world class players, and if we did it wouldn't really matter what tactics we used would it?

I know that's the thing to do, but with other tactics I've found that sometimes it just remains blank. I have no idea why lol. It's not always that people are thick :p Though most of the time it is :p

I have noticed this too but both MC's are the Playmaker and Target man

And thats my point you fool! It isn't working for my team which is all i'm trying to say! Why do you have such difficulty understanding that this tactic will not work for everyone just because it works well for you?

Read this thread again, i'm not the only one raising issues with the tactic being too attacking, giving the opposition too many chances, leaking goals and tiring your players. We don't all play with world class players, and if we did it wouldn't really matter what tactics we used would it?

In that case then NO tactic will work with every team, and you being such a 'self confessed FM addict' would understand that you don't need to be using someones tactic with ONE team, and when it doesn't work coming straight on here to critisize it :)

Steve

Can you tell us why the mc is the target man please?

I was just testing it really and when i clicked it on i noticed that they had more time on the ball and the opposition would try and close them and this would create spaces either on the wing for the fullbacks or in the center for either the strikers or amc

Hmm first game, Man Utd - Man City 4-2

Despite the win I'm having my doubts, we gave away 4 clear chances AT home...

But I love the fact that the strikers score now!

Thanks!

Yes i agree it can be a nightmare somtimes and i have noticed this myself in my Everton Game.

1 game i remember distintivly against Stoke where they had 2 CCC's i had 0 but i still won 3-0.

In that case then NO tactic will work with every team, and you being such a 'self confessed FM addict' would understand that you don't need to be using someones tactic with ONE team, and when it doesn't work coming straight on here to critisize it :)

Steve

lol, i'm not critising as such. At the bottom of the OP it says "As always Compliments and Negative feedback is always welcome.". I'm just sharing my opinions.

Pretty impressive so far to be honest, did not expect the set-up to be so good. :)

First friendly with Southampton against Cheltenham should have been more than 5-0, got the woodwork 3 times and they were definite goals!

edit: Won my second friendly clean and without doubt, 0-4 (i'm away) against Eastleigh. Something to note is that I always see opposition trying to play more offensive against me, or always set offensive instructions whenever I use this tactic.

I woudn't worry about it that, It's because you are either winning or looking or likely to score and the opposition will automaticly go into attack mode to try and counter this.

Thanks for the comments, I know the defence is shaky but i thought it might have been ok.

I will be having an indepth look and will release and updated version if i think it's good enough

Thanks for the comments, I know the defence is shaky but i thought it might have been ok.

I will be having an indepth look and will release and updated version if i think it's good enough

My comments are in comparison with your previous 4-1-2-1-2, the joint venture one with JP Woody, that i had been using (although slightly tweaked by me). That just seems more solid, despite the formation being exactly the same.

Cheers as always Mr Hough for taking on all feedback..

Don't argue guys i want people to give me there honest opinion then i know how i can improve the tactic.

You players are invaluable to how the tactic progresses because you will see things that i will have missed and then tell me and it gives me a chance to put that right.

that tactic a great second half tactic or supporting tactic when you already controlled match

im playing with a lower league team and when begin match with your tactic i am loosing match control and failed at defence(still have nice attacks) but when begin the match with a fluid control tactic and after switch your tactic when have match control.result of that i make lot of clean cut chances and no defence problem and still have control of match like %55-65(lots of match im not concede any goal)

my starting tactic setup(mentality control)

---------st----------

-inf-----------adpl-

---at.mc--dpl-----

-wb---dm-----wb

------dc---dc-----

and switch to your tactic after 45 min(sometimes when i cant control match i am switch to your tactic after 60min)

summary:i think that tactic a great supporting tactic but not a starting tactic

ps:sorry for my bad english

whislist:waiting a tactic which inside wingers(i prefer 4-5-1 variations : D )

I've gotta say Dave... I have been looking forward to this tactic for awhile now.

I have been using your previous 4-1-2-1-2 (the JP Woody one) and been getting excellent results.

So naturally was looking forward to any improvments over that!

But i gotta say, im a little dissapointed.

I totally agree with the guys above, its VERY attacking, and the games im winning are like 3-2, 4-3, 1-0, 2-1, so just scraping wins.

To be fair I am winning them, but still losing more than the previous tactic, and I think its because its just that little bit too attacking.

So the opponent is breaking through my back line, fortunately I have super pacy DC's so they catch them, but it happens often when the opponent has fast strikers.

Also I have noticed that the FC L (Advanced Forward) is constantly running wide, and towards the wing, and crossing the ball in.

Leaving just the Poacher in the box to accept the ball.

Not sure if this is how you wanted it, but its constantly like that not just once or twice a game, but all the time he gets the ball...

Just my 2cents worth so far.

I've tried this tactic out for about 7 games so far and i'm impressed. After a slow start we are just starting to kick in. Here's the stats:-

P8 W4 L1 D3 F16 A5

I'll carry it on till the end of the season and report back. I'm at the start of january btw. Top tactic Mr Hough!!!!!!

Like others have said, This tactic does tire players out quickly. I might try the other tweaked 41212 version.

I would love it if you managed to release a successful 442/451 in the future as I enjoy using wingers.

is there any other tweaked version...please show me

Archived