FM Career Updates Awards - Yes or No?

dafuge

Do you want an awards?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want an awards?

• Yes, and I will vote/nominate
    • Not fussed, I probably won't take part

So, we've had a whole year with a version of FM, now seems like the best time to consider the introduction of an annual awards ceremony.

Firstly, we need someone to run it. I'm not massively keen on doing it but as an active mod here I'll take it on unless anyone else would like to. Let me know if you are interested, if no one comes forward by the start of August (when I get back from my holiday) then I'll try and put something together myself.

Secondly, we need ideas for awards. Let us know your ideas but we could do with a broad range which would reward the greatest number of threads/people as possible.

Thirdly, we may need people to be involved in shortlisting before voting. Ideally we could do with a group of people who read a range of threads who could suggest the best threads/people for whatever categories are decided on.

Let us know here if you are interested in any of the above :thup:

Good to see this up :thup:

I'll also be very busy come September and I'm off on my hols for the last week of August but I'm happy to be involved anyway that I can fit in.

Ideas for awards:

Best Journeyman Career

Best Single Club Career

Best International Career

Best Updates

Most Helpful/Supportive User

Discovery of the Year - for the best player (regen?) to appear in a career

Manager of the Year - for the forum user who has achieved the most in their career

I'm sure I'll think of more later. ;)

Again, I'd love to sort it all out, but I'd need a little help!

Most Obscure - For those careers that stray from England's green and pleasant lands into lower leagues uncharted.

Most Spectacular Fail For that time NOT well spent at a club

The FMCU Poster Of The Year - Ronseal

Best Thread Name again, Ronseal

Any more?l

Greatest Achievement - could be a one-off thing like winning the World Cup with Indonesia, or a sustained thing like several consecutive Champion League wins or a career-spanning effort of taking a club from the doldrums of world football to the very top.

And to steal a couple from CSE, perhaps we could include a Best Thread Idea and a User of the Future to encourage others to get into long-term careers.

Greatest Achievement - could be a one-off thing like winning the World Cup with Indonesia, or a sustained thing like several consecutive Champion League wins or a career-spanning effort of taking a club from the doldrums of world football to the very top.

And to steal a couple from CSE, perhaps we could include a Best Thread Idea and a User of the Future to encourage others to get into long-term careers.

One of my threads have surely inspired you to write that. :p

Can't think of any specific award names atm. Most of the ones I thought of were already posted by DodgeeD.

I'll happily help, although I'm mildly upset that I won't be winning an award :) Serves me right for going away from this place for a while though :D

Maybe as this is the first awards we could do a kind of history for all the old threads (like Rawares) that may get forgotten.

I've been thinking aout this and while I've got a few ideas, they require a reasonable amount of people to show an interest and take part. So far only 12 people have posted in this thread, which just wouldn't be enough to warrant it.

Are people interested enough in this happening to take part in a nomination and voting round? Just a quick yes or no would do.

I'd take part in nominations like I did with the CSE one but that's about as much as I can contribute tbh.

If it does go ahead I'll be looking for something very simple. Just a few nominations/votes from each person, shouldn't take too long at all.

You could try having a first, second and third place in each of the votes. So then one person can vote for 3 differant people under one award. With 1st place getting so many amount of points, 2nd a little less and 3rd the least.

E.g. (Name of award insert here)

1. Brock Lee

2. Jenny Tull

3. Tim Burr

(the numbers dictate the vote, Brock Lee gets my first vote, Jenny Tull gets my second)

If there's enough interest then I'll do it. I'd hate to plan it all out just for 10 people to vote though :D

I can already think of more than that off the top of my head :p (won't write Paul as I assume he'll be part of nomination committee, unless they can vote too?)

• me
  • DodgeeD
  • Raware
  • Nobby
  • Nep
  • crouchy
  • Jason
  • AcidBurn
  • Sax
  • Pangaea
  • MeLikeFM
  • Swify
  • CoachFlu
  • Deisler
  • hrbfrcule
  • lutontown1991
  • psychonaut
  • jackripper
  • WH
  • uncle ron
  • acidmonkey
  • XXXtreme
  • JonnyCurrie
  • and of course the mods like Neji and Purefun, and a quite a few I didn't mention

That's already 23 names that I recognize that have had relatively long careers and active on the Careers Forum. I think there's no problem finding enough people to vote. :)

I can already think of more than that off the top of my head :p (won't write Paul as I assume he'll be part of nomination committee, unless they can vote too?)

<snip>

That's already 23 names that I recognize that have had relatively long careers and active on the Careers Forum. I think there's no problem finding enough people to vote. :)

True, I'm hoping quite a few of them will express an interest, we've certainly got enough people if they want it.

I was thinking of doing away with a committe and just going for a free vote for everyone which leads to a shortlist of three to be voted on. I've also got a few other ideas but don't really want to go into details until I know I've got enough interest.

Archived