FM Career Updates Awards - Yes or No?

dafuge

Do you want an awards?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want an awards?

• Yes, and I will vote/nominate
    • Not fussed, I probably won't take part

If your going to write my name down, spell it properly. I don't mind you missing out the 'Blade' but 'Swify' just sounds like I dropped one on a monday morning after a full english brekky :p

Sorry SWIFTY (and to everyone else sorry if I somehow wrote your name wrong. I have a really good feeling I somehow spelled hrbfrcule wrong :p)

And no I didn't write 23 wrong. I didn't include the mods in the headcount. :)

True, I'm hoping quite a few of them will express an interest, we've certainly got enough people if they want it.

I was thinking of doing away with a committe and just going for a free vote for everyone which leads to a shortlist of three to be voted on. I've also got a few other ideas but don't really want to go into details until I know I've got enough interest.

That's fine too if there's no committee.

How many of the awards are you actually planning to actually have people to nominate? And once we get to the final 3, are we going to PM the votes to you?

I suppose I might as well mention my ideas.

As far I can see it, we could have two types of awards. The subjective stuff like 'best thread', 'best international career', 'funniest user' etc. and then the quantitative stuff like 'longest career', 'most club wins', 'longest stint as manager of Brazil' etc.

For the first set of awards I was thinking of a nomination round, where people have a free vote to nominate up to three threads/users for each awards. The three most popular threads/users for each award would then go forward to the next round which would be straight vote. Obviously no nominations/votes for yourself would be allowed here.

For the second set of awards, people could submit their own bids (with a screenshot) to win a particular award. It would be a bit like the Records Thread but just for games that have been posted in this forum. The top three entries would then be revealed at the awards ceremony.

I haven't got as far as the lists of awards but let me know what you think.

Sorry SWIFTY (and to everyone else sorry if I somehow wrote your name wrong. I have a really good feeling I somehow spelled hrbfrcule wrong :p)

And no I didn't write 23 wrong. I didn't include the mods in the headcount. :)

Yer its hrbfcrule (as in Hampton & Richmond Borough Football Club RULE) but you only got 2 letters the wrong way round thats good enough for me :D

To be honest I didn't realise you spelt it wrong till you mentioned it in your post :o

I think dafuge's ideas on both sets of awards are good, 2nd one especially

I'm up for it, well duh, I wouldn't have posted in this thread otherwise.

Your idea of the two set of awards seems well thought out. So I'd go with it, like the general feeling is, you don't want a big awards ceremony as there isn't enough people.

I saw something about most sackings above. Give Pete a ring Nobby! :D

Apart from the quantitative awards like longest Brazil stint and such, I think this will only be a popularity contest. People follow the threads they are interested in anyway. Don't think the dafuges and Nobbys out there need a stamp of approval to their name.

I'll probably vote if it goes ahead, but I'm not sure if the forum is active enough to warrant a wide range of awards.

Apart from the quantitative awards like longest Brazil stint and such, I think this will only be a popularity contest. People follow the threads they are interested in anyway. Don't think the dafuges and Nobbys out there need a stamp of approval to their name.

I'll probably vote if it goes ahead, but I'm not sure if the forum is active enough to warrant a wide range of awards.

I agree with this. Probably nice just to have a small awards. Maybe something 'bigger' next year once this forum has really become known and a few more users become active.

I saw something about most sackings above. Give Pete a ring Nobby! :D

I tried to ring him on his work mobile, but he's got sacked and it's been disconnected.

We currently have just 18 people in favour of having it, which I think is quite a small number considering the number of people who use this forum. Unless there's a massive surge of interest in the next few days I just don't think we have enough interest to warrant it.

I agree on the 'keep it simple' idea.

How about 5 awards, shortlist of 3 per award and links to the careers nominated

Put them up a week before voting commences so that people can make an informed decision instead of a knee-jerk vote!

Any good?

Dafuge, what about doing a test vote?

Perhaps pick three for best story and put it up on the forum.

Then see what response that gets?

I'm sure that would get quite a few votes, as it is nice an easy. I just have my doubts that many people will take part if it is something substantial.

I'm sure that would get quite a few votes, as it is nice an easy. I just have my doubts that many people will take part if it is something substantial.

True enough. Thing is making it easy first time could be the best thing. From a simple first year, it can always evolve.

How about instead of an awards we set up a 'Hall of Fame' thread or something like that? Prior to the release of each new version of FM we could nominate and choose threads to be inducted. At least that way the best careers get some sort of recognition.

How about instead of an awards we set up a 'Hall of Fame' thread or something like that? Prior to the release of each new version of FM we could nominate and choose threads to be inducted. At least that way the best careers get some sort of recognition.

I like this idea.

That was pretty much what I had in mind for the voting part of the awards. I think Deisler26 is planning something along those lines, something small and simple just to see how it goes.

Archived