Football Manager Podcast March 28th edition out now

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miles loved the podcast. More on the Scottish teams mate would be great. The SPL is getting better this year and with some of the results so far it makes interesting chat i think.

Maybe in the podcast you could have Manager of the week, Player of the week etc etc for a bit of fun. Maybe something daft they have done, IE: Dida gets diddy of the week for that way he went down like a ton of bricks at Celtic park last wed. or if a mananger gives a really lame or daft excuse for getting beat that week or something.

this is great, really enjoyed it! made me want to go to the pub though, don't know if thats so good!

agree about people talking at the same time, its difficult to listen to but its going to happen in any convo and doesnt happen that much anyway!

love the line "hes amazing in FM" - lost count of how much i do that when im out watching football icon_biggrin.gif

all in all, good job!

First things first,

Im new to the Forums but have been a FM/CM fan since 94. I've never realised Miles is a Watford fan, like myself, and glad to hear your willing us back up next season!

Second thing. An Hour of beer and football talk.

Awesome

3rd thing, i agree Aurelio is "toilet"

What media players are people using to listen to this? I have tried Windows Media Player and Winamp without success and have also tried converting the M4A file to MP3 using AltoMP3 Gold without success. Thanks.

I have only just got round to listening to this. Great podcast lads, when's the next one going to be released?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rooneymagic88:

What media players are people using to listen to this? I have tried Windows Media Player and Winamp without success and have also tried converting the M4A file to MP3 using AltoMP3 Gold without success. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It worked fine for me on Windows Media Player, so I assume it's a codec problem. Download and install this codec pack and you shouldn't have any more problems in the future. icon14.gif

Well done on the podcast.

Sounds like a few people chatting candidly as you would in a nice, cosy pub.

But whoever the chap was that said that Reading FC will go down 'dark horse' and 'second season syndrome...' I am happy and more than willing to put on a £500 bet that Reading will not go down.

I am serious about this and the loser can donate this to this winner's prefered charity...

So how about it???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan3msden:

I have only just got round to listening to this. Great podcast lads, when's the next one going to be released?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rooneymagic88:

What media players are people using to listen to this? I have tried Windows Media Player and Winamp without success and have also tried converting the M4A file to MP3 using AltoMP3 Gold without success. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It worked fine for me on Windows Media Player, so I assume it's a codec problem. Download and install this codec pack and you shouldn't have any more problems in the future. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, worked a charm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan3msden:

It worked fine for me on Windows Media Player, so I assume it's a codec problem. Download and install this codec pack and you shouldn't have any more problems in the future. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, worked a charm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happy to help mate. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

What about those of us without itunes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont have itunes either, will there be a seperate download in mp3 format?

Cheers

Guest LUFCRACE

for those without itunes, i'd recommend downloading it, it is free and isn't a bad way of organising your music. also you can download loads of other podcasts via itunes (i'd recommend the podcasts of russell brand and chris moyles)

• SI Staff

We're no.1 in the games and hobbies section at Itunes, which is pretty damn amazing! Thank you to all those who have subscribed so far - tell all your friends, as it would be amazing to crack the top 100 overall chart, and knock John Cleese out of it. Hmm.....

i enjoy the podcast. i listen to several football pods, some quite obscure, but the FM one is actually a good laugh. wide ranging and fun. now the games out will we see more game related chat? and mention how awesome Bristol City are doing back in the championship! what the odds for a Watford/BCFC 1/2 like back in 97/98 eh? icon_wink.gif

cheers for that Miles.

PS out of interest, do you just use one mic? because the only thing i'd say is that some of the guys are a bit quiet in the background. i realise that's being right picky, but just thought you might benifit from the feedback. keep up the good work

• SI Staff

Redhood1 - at the moment, we are using 1 mic. As the podcast has been so popular, we are investing in a little mixing desk thingy, so that'll change in a few weeks.

The new one should be up in an hour or so. It's quite long, there is some game stuff in there, and the strangest competition known to man. Or dinosaur.

I must echo the comments of it being harder to hear the guys in the back ground. Hopefully this will be sorted when you invest in an extra mic.

So far I've listened to the first and third podcast, missing out on the second as I didn't know it had been released and as I wasn't yet subscribed on iTunes. Maybe it would be a good idea to update the title of this thread once a new podcast is released, ie. 'The Football Manager Podcast - Episode 4 Out Now'. I'm sure it would be to much effort once a week icon_smile.gif

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to tomorrows podcast.

New podcast was great, i like all the footie banter as ever. I have a small gripe though - why do you insist on using spanish pronunciations? i.e. valenfia, faragofa! nooooooooo! it's valenCia and ZaragoZa icon_wink.gif

(Thanks for discussing James Beattie for England too icon14.gif)

listened to the latest podcast yesterday and i have to say it has amazed me how good it is. After listening the first podcast i was undecided whether it was going to be a good idea but after listening to the latest one i have been fully won over.

I would like to make one suggestion though. This is that there is more talk about European football for example Spanish football, Italian football and maybe french and german football (maybe not german football because no one is interested in germans)

Thanks and keep up the good work

(What i said about german football and germans was not what i was thinking it just came out)

Archived