Football Manager Podcast March 28th edition out now

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JordanC:

For those that hate using iTunes (myself included), there's a general RSS feed you can use:

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/podcast.xml

That's how I get the new podcast updates and download it from there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent! Thanks very much for this info.

icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Miles, you managed to count up to 10 until you lost count! icon14.gif Xmas special was actually #11, not #10 as you incorrectly stated, but well done for trying.

Just done an all nighter session on FM while also listening to all the podcasts from start to finish. Fantastic. Definately can hear the quality and organisation improving. Sadly you seem to be getting less and less drunk as the podcasts go on icon13.gif. Drink more, it makes them ever more entertaining! What happened to the hints and tips you started giving out in the first few, you just kind of stopped? Is this due to overrunning?

Quite amusing listening to all these podcasts a few weeks after the events, such as when you said there was no chance Gary Megson would join Bolton as he had only just joined Leicester... How wrong could you have been!

Awesome podcasts however, and keep up the good work. Can't wait for the next one!

• SI Staff

John Van Lampard - the same one you sent the competition entry to should work.

Abaddon879 - I knew keeping count wasn't a good idea icon_frown.gif

Sure, I got it wrong about Megson. But lots of stuff right too - such as Spurs coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 during one icon_wink.gif

As for drinking more, the Xmas one was the only one where I didn't drink just as much. Maybe I'm getting better at hiding it.

The "players to buy for teams" stuff will come back - seriously over ran the last 3. Any suggestions can be made to either the email address given out, or on the Facebook page.

Guanyuzhizi - Xmas is the time for Father Xmas and Reindeers, not the time for trolls.

Hi, great podcast, really enjoyed it. The sound quality has improved since the first one (which I downloaded just for info). Congratulations on making the top ten over Christmas, good work. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JordanC:

For those that hate using iTunes (myself included), there's a general RSS feed you can use:

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/podcast.xml

That's how I get the new podcast updates and download it from there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This link worked for me for podcasts 11 and 12 but when I try and download number 13 whatever I click takes me to iTunes which I don't really want to download.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

Try this then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one mate, cheers, can you do that every week? icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

Guys - PLEASE download it from Itunes, and not direct links. It makes a big difference to the chart position, and if it drops out the charts, it'll end up being stopped. Whilst I'd quite like my Thursday evenings back, there seem to be a lot of people enjoying it, hence we've continued it beyond what was going to be the initial run.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

Guys - PLEASE download it from Itunes, and not direct links. It makes a big difference to the chart position, and if it drops out the charts, it'll end up being stopped. Whilst I'd quite like my Thursday evenings back, there seem to be a lot of people enjoying it, hence we've continued it beyond what was going to be the initial run. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem is not everyone wants iTunes software on their PC.

• SI Staff

rooneymagic88 - as I've said above, if people don't download through Itunes and our chart position drops, we'll stop doing it. I can't, personally, think of any valid reason to not have Itunes installed.

Joor - there's a group for the Football Manager podcast on there. The actual podcast is available through Itunes.

Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

rooneymagic88 - as I've said above, if people don't download through Itunes and our chart position drops, we'll stop doing it. I can't, personally, think of any valid reason to not have Itunes installed.

Miles, that's fine it's obviously your choice, I didn't realise why you were insisting on downloading through Itunes. Given the choice of having Itunes on my PC or not listening to the podcast then I will choose the latter so everyone loses out. icon_confused.gif

That's the first time I listened to the podcast - mainly because I didn't realise by the forum thread title that you didn't need an iPod to listen to it.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it (all 2 hours of it nearly).

Great ideas in there for the future episodes and I'm looking forward to listening to them.

p.s. As for adding yourself into the game (as you spoke about in the podcast), I haven't done that but I did add my wife as a Physio so she could get her hands on the footballer's bodies. Everyone's happy then. icon_wink.gif

Keep up the good work.

ok, im gonna have to put my request on here, as i wont have time over the weekend and ill probably forget to do it. love some feedback on it.

1. Like to know more about what influence the weather/state of pitch & its size as to do in the game.

I look on the tactics forum quite often.. people say 'oh try this great tactic,no need to change it in the season, use it in all your games,just tweak this n that blah.. blah... blah.." if thats the case, why bother with the weather reports etc. Surely this has some outcome to the matches played.. i mean in real life not many teams play a short passing game on a muddy pitch, so does it effect the game?

Same with pitch size's, im confused with that aswell, im sure its easy to explain.

Ive looked on the forums for topics like these but i havnt found any, guess i could start one lol

2. Coaches and how best to use them.

Do you bother with youth coaches? how many?

Same with 1st team coaches etc...

What would u recommend having, not who!

I play with spurs most of the time and i can only have a max. of 8 coaches, so whats the best balance to have?

ie: 1 1st team/GK/Fitness/2 coaches n 3 youth coaches etc?

If thats the case, how can you then get 7star coaching in every stats?

Thats all i want to know about, any feedback would be appreciated.

Ive listened to the podcasts since day 1, they are great (withdrawel symptoms at moment as i havnt heard any for 2weekd now lol)

+ to be honest there isnt much FM08 conversations going on, Heard Miles say that if we want them to talk abut FM08 more then give them some topics, so there's 2 for you Miles, if you think there ok.

Cheers

matt

Just listening to the podcast. Don't really see the point in it, is it supposed to be about football manager or football in general?

Just sounds like a load of opinionated southerners to me.

Although I have only listened to one so far, hope you discuss the reason FM08 is so bugged etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bRAzIL:

Just listening to the podcast. Don't really see the point in it, is it supposed to be about football manager or football in general?

Just sounds like a load of opinionated southerners to me.

Although I have only listened to one so far, hope you discuss the reason FM08 is so bugged etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you just listened to that one podcast, I can understand why you were disappointed. It wasn't that great I didn't think, but I did listen to the one from the 7th Feb I think and it was enjoyable.

And I agree that they should incorporate the game much more in their discussions.

icon14.gif BRILLIANT!

This last podcast (28th February) is easily the best yet. Well done guys. !!!!

Please keep more of this coming.

The style was great, the content and questions asked by Miles all added up to a thoroughly enjoyable experience - although it could have been a bit longer (please).

icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Miles, any plans to do a bit on the FM community sites? Like a litttle bit on whats going on at all the major community sites such as Sortitoutsi, FMGLive, FMBritain etc. would be nice to include that and some general news such as FMGLives closure then reopening.

Just an idea, loving the podcast and I liked the bit you did for Gamespot UK by the way icon14.gif

Love it.

I do my work on a 30 inch Mac cinema screen and listen to the FM podcast to go along with a cup of coffee. Living in the U.S, it's about the only FM chat I get to listen to.

May I suggest Skype for any calls to researchers or other interviews. There may be a very slight delay, but it does a very good job. Email with any questions.

Archived