Football Manager Podcast March 28th edition out now

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

Podcast no.5 is out now, with guests Craig Bloomfield (Loaded) and Andrew Dickens (action online editor at Shortlist), alongside the regular cast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you update the link at the top of this page Miles, I've not been checking for the new ones assuming it would be.

• SI Staff

01everton - the long term plan is to move onto a different country (or club in a country) each week with an expert from that country (most likely one of our researchers!). But we haven't worked out how to get a telephone to go through the mixing desk yet, so once we have, we'll start doing that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

Parmie - I think that only one of the guests so far has actually been from London. Most of the guests live or work there, as it's somewhat easier to get people to travel from a short distance, but are certainly not from there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Difficult to tell one SE England accent from another icon_razz.gif get Trevor Francis on from my neck of the woods.

Could only hear Miles well, the guests were barely audible apart from the odd occasion of a can being opened.

Still enjoyable though but I'd suggest even a basic sound check is needed, no point having guests if we can't hear them.

Nice job Miles,

Listening to the podcast since day 1 when you only had the one mic lol

Getting better.... except no 7's doing my head in.

I can hear you in my right earplug and everybody else in my left earplug. Not exactly stereo sound is it, but cant complain much, at least your not all huddled around the one microphone anymore lol

By the way, you give away a copy of FM08 as a competition prize, as it occured to you that most people who listen have already got the game, hence why they tune it to listen to you guys?

Also, what were the silent crisps you were eating as ive been moaned at today at work for crunching my crisps to load.

Just listened to the podcast for the first time walking to work this morning, and really enjoyed it! The randomness and the broad variety of topics discussed was pretty entertaining it has to be said.

The constant sound of crisps being munched, and the resulting sounds of bits of crisp being sucked from betwixt the teeth was annoying though!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tatman303:

Is there an non iTunes version of these podcasts, as I hate iTunes with a passion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate iTunes, however however iTunes software doesn't work on my OS (Linux) so I'd like an answer to this question please. Is there any other way to obtain the podcasts other than via iTunes?

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by binobasher:

i've only just subscribed to the podcast from episode 10, via itunes. is there any way of downloading past podcasts?

the link in the above reply did not help, sorry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Search for Football Manager in the iTunes store, and click on the icon. On that page, there should be a list of them to download at the bottom.

PLease stop eating crisps with (what sounds like) your gob right next to the mic!!!!!

How about flumps or something instead???

Apart from the grating annoyingness of the crisps, it's a cracking podcast and my third fave behind the Guardian's Football (twice) Weekly and The Times' Game Podcast.

Archived