FM10 Top2Bottom - Game Thread

ToptoBottomLogo.gif

WelshWizards.png

WELSH WIZARDS

Created By: I\’mTheRulerOfAllTheWorld

PRE-SEASON HIGHLIGHT: Deportivo La Coruna 0-1 Welsh Wizards

PRE-SEASON LOWLIGHT: None – won all six games

PLAYERS IN: Adam Johnson, Dave Kitson and Steven Taylor (free); Pavle Ninkov (5.75m)

PLAYERS OUT: None

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToptoBottomLogo.gif

OldhamNorthStars.png

OLDHAM NORTH STARS

Created By: Almondo

PRE-SEASON HIGHLIGHT: Oldham North Stars 3-0 Beitar Jerusalem

PRE-SEASON LOWLIGHT: Monaco 3-1 Oldham North Stars

PLAYERS IN: Fabio (loan from Capite Ad Calcem); Abel (220K); Segundo Castillo (5.25m); Eric Djemba-Djemba (3.3m)

PRE-SEASON HIGHLIGHT: Bari 0-3 Fafeful United

That's a great result to walk away with that.

PRE-SEASON LOWLIGHT: Fafeful United 1-1 Olympique Marseille

Well really I cannot be disappointed with that, my club is clearly doing things right, looking forward to the challenge of the Premiership.

PLAYERS IN:

Alan Smith - Well that should help with the midfield

Steve Simonsen - Another Goalie, I have no idea why when we have three already.

Jan Kromkamp - I really like the signing, but given we don't use wingers I guess he will take the DR slot.

Tom de Mul - I assume this is Tom de Mul not Tim Another winger into our side, I am not understanding this, but given that our lowlight so far is a draw to Marseille I have to say it looks like it is working.

Loaned out Fabio, meaning we only have one recognised left-back - Charles Insomnia, who really is needed on the wing. My manager better know what he is doing.

Edit: Looks like he does, signing 2 new half-decent, cheap full-backs and Gael Kakuta to cover Insomnia on left wing. Sorry for ever doubting you Cygnis, but still would have preferred to keep Fabio.

Sportstv.jpg

CarlingCup.jpg

LEAGUE CUP FIRST ROUND DRAW

The thirteen Top2Bottom teams in the Coca Cola Championship will face early domestic cup action in the new season and a stern test of their credentials as they face lower league opponents determined to spring a surprise and dump the big names on the League Cup scrapheap. With Round 1 seeded to keep the big teams apart, it was impossible for the Top2Bottom sides to meet but there were to be some difficult League 1 sides floating around that could prove a tricky test in an away tie.

NordicThunder.png

As if to prove exactly that point, Nordic Thunder were handed what looks to be the trickiest test when they drew League 1 side, Brighton and Hove Albion. The Seagulls will host Thunder at the Withdean Stadium – a local athletics track with temporary stands – and the big names of the Nordic Thunder will have to be on their game to cope with the poor facilities there. With a capacity crowd of around 6,000 expected on the South Coast, it could be a tough night for Viljhalmur Baldursson and his men.

Melbourne.png

After their Wembley heartache last season, Melbourne manager Zac Smith will be hoping that there is no Play Off hangover as they look for a good start to the 2009/2010 season. Their first attempt at a return trip to the Wembley Arch comes in the League Cup where they have a potentially tricky home tie with League 1 Swindon Town. The Robins, with Danny Wilson in charge, have an excellent forward line and could cause problems to the Demons’ defence if given chance. The Championship hopefuls will need to be on guard against the Robins.

Here are the selected Round 1 fixtures involving the Top2Bottom sides:

Brighton and Hove Albion vs. Nordic Thunder

Bristol Rovers vs. BC Lions

Cheltenham Town vs. Horden All Stars

Exeter City vs. Hangover

FC Libourne Saint-Seurin vs. Wycombe Wanderers

Gillingham vs. Hallendren Awakeners

Helsinki Hurricanes vs. Millwall

Leyton Orient vs. CSKA Oddworld

Melbourne vs. Swindon Town

Oldham North Stars vs. Aldershot Town

Phoenix vs. Yeovil Town

Rampant Ravishers vs. Southend United

Sporting Stronburg vs. AFC Bournemouth

PRE-SEASON HIGHLIGHT: Leyton Orient 1-4 Boreham Badgers

PRE-SEASON LOWLIGHT: BC Lions 1-0 Boreham Badgers

PLAYERS IN: Mark Viduka and Stuart Taylor (free); Milos Ninkovic (2.1m); Glenn Loovens (5m); Tomas Hubocan (6.5m)

Not a bad pre-season by the sounds of it. Never heard of Ninkovic and Hubocan but I hope theyre good :D. Don't really need Taylor and Viduka must be getting on a bit by now. But Loovens isnt too bad :p

And big thanks to LLR for my kits

badgershome.pngbadgersaway.png

GNOME’ANIA UNITED

Created By: 5ergio

PRE-SEASON HIGHLIGHT: Gnome’ania United 0-0 Barcelona

PRE-SEASON LOWLIGHT: Gnome’ania United 1-2 Bordeaux

PLAYERS IN: Kevin Phillips and Mark Noble (free); Tony (4m)

PLAYERS OUT: Tom Cleverley (loan to Horden All Stars)

Decent back up signings on free and I have no idea who Tony is tbh :o Cleverley loaned out, hopefully to improve himself and come back better all around. Nice to hold down Barcelona on 0-0, even though it's a friendly game :D

Sportstv.jpg

ChampionsLeague.jpg

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

After their third placed finish last season in the T2B Premier League, Kodaly McMaster’s Northern Extreme face a qualifying tie to make it into the group stages of the UEFA Champions League and join holders Discworld, Premier League champions Coedpoeth United and bitter rivals New Bloc. However, with some rather big names – French side Lyon, Spanish giants Atletico Madrid and Steve McLaren’s FC twente amongst others - in the draw, Extreme will face a tough two-legged affair if they are to avoid the Europa League and make it into Europe’s elite competition.

Here is the draw for the Champions League Best Placed Play Off:

Panathanaikos vs. Celtic

FC Twente vs. Fiorentina

Lyon vs. Anderlecht

Atletico Madrid vs. Stuttgart

Sporting Lisbon vs. Northern Extreme

A tough trip to Portugal for the Extreme then but it could have been worse. They will start as favourites to make the Champions League for the first time in their short history.

EuropaLeague.jpg

EUROPA LEAGUE

Jack Browne’s Essex Eagles faced an early start to their competitive season as they entered the Europa League in the First Qualifying Round. A 6-0 aggregate win over Georgian side Olimpi Rustavi was followed by a 3-1 aggregate win over Austrian side Sturm Graz in Round 2. However, disaster struck in Round 3 as Russian side Krylja Sovetov shocked the Eagles with a 5-4 aggregate win to end their hopes of European success before the domestic season kicks off.

Top2Bottom newcomers Capite Ad Calcem entered the Europa League in the third qualifying round with two ties to navigate their way into the Europa League group stages. A comfortable 6-0 aggregate win over Cypriot side Omonoia Nicosia means that they face an early season Qualifying Round 4 match with Swedish side FF Kalmar for a place in the Europa League this season. The Romans – managed by Cygnis Insignis – should have no problems winning this tie and progressing into the main European competition.

League Cup winners London Titans – under the guidance of Spaniard Jose Rodriguez – start in the fourth qualifying round but could not have received a more difficult tie if they had tried. Spanish giants Valencia stand in their path as the two sides meet for a place in the Europa League. It could be a tricky second leg in the Mestalla for the Thames Warriors.

It should be a little easier for the final T2B side in the Europa League as Stix Zadinia’s Steel Panthers face a trip to Slovakia to face MSK Zilina. A home second leg should give the Panthers the ideal chance to secure a place in the Europa League once it begins.

PRE-SEASON HIGHLIGHT: Oldham North Stars 3-0 Beitar Jerusalem

PRE-SEASON LOWLIGHT: Monaco 3-1 Oldham North Stars

PLAYERS IN: Fabio (loan from Capite Ad Calcem); Abel (220K); Segundo Castillo (5.25m); Eric Djemba-Djemba (3.3m)

NIce win over Jerusalem there although shipping 3 against Monaco is disappointing.

Also the players in well Thanks for the Loan Kenco and Djemba-Djemba coming back to England. Don't know the other 2 players there though

Queensland Origin FC

queenslandhome.png

queenslandawaycopy.png

Queensland Origin FC Best XI

Frey

Lahm Davies Mancienne

Navas Sneijder Faye Babel

Anelka Lopez Kallinic

Owners Prediction- Probably haven't recruited well enough across the defence and in the event of an injury for all but the strikers, we will struggle. 12th, but we are one of those teams who at their best could really shake things up and possibly getto Europe.

*Kits a TM of Lower Leagues Rule

HORDEN ALL STARS[/b]

PRE-SEASON HIGHLIGHT: Horden All Stars 3-0 Rangers

PRE-SEASON LOWLIGHT: None – won all six games

PLAYERS IN: Kyle Walker (free); Tom Cleverley (loan from Gnome’ania United); Banel Nicolita (220K)

[/center][/font]

Won all 6 :) kyle walker is a decent youth same with the on loan Tom Cleverley

never heard of Banel Nicolita

No losses so far? Delighted!

Ok, so now time for the big unveiling of the kits after a collaboration between LLR and Umbro! :D

hangoverhome.pnghangoveraway.png

Paddy O'Potato, long time Irish male, and world famous baggage handler, was in attendance at the unveiling and had this to say for the Irish Independent.:

First we shall also take this opportunity to get a few words from our captain and vice captain on the kits.

"The chairman as always has done well. All hail Mr.Shane!"

-Zlatan Ibrhimovic

"Sacre bleu!! Zey look quite familiar....c'est la vie. I am a proud Frenchman, not a gay Italian, so I do not care how zey look."

-Willim Gallas

Slightly militant and racist was the general impression recieved by the public from the team's moral leaders.

Rumours that Hangover FC chairman bought the home jerseys from the now extinct club Hull, and stole the away design from the still active Valencia have been met with coughs and sideways glances. When questioned again while coming out of a notorious Dublin brothel, chairman Shane Socks tried to bribe the reporter with a ham sandwich before fleeing on his scooter.

Meanwhile manager Dylan Moran has been missing for the past 3 weeks since the club's initial press conference, explaining the lack of signings.

To me, all things seem well after 6 straight wins in pre-season and a strange yellow glow emitting from the club's younger players. This club is destined for great things, or catastrophic failure, that's for sure. Over and out, Paddy O'Potatoe.

Do my finances say "in debt" or are they okay now?

It says insecure.

can i ask who is in my resevers?

Federici, Martin, McManus, Kacar, Guarch, Maierhofer.

As a low reputation Championship club I wouldn't mind asking if any of my lads look like they might move?

Doesn't look like it at moment.

Sportstv.jpg

ToptoBottomLogo.gif

AUGUST 8th 2010 – FIRST DAY OF THE SEASON!

Welcome to SPORTS.tv for the first day of the 2009/2010 season. For eighteen of our clubs in the Premier League, the season opens next weekend. However, last season’s top two – FA Cup winners New Bloc and T2B Premiership champions Coedpoeth United – get their season on the way this afternoon at Wembley Stadium as they meet in the Community Shield for the first silverware of the domestic season. SPORTS.tv will be live at Wembley later today.

The main action today though concerns the T2BChampionship as the thirteen Top2Bottom clubs get their seasons on the way. There are three all-T2B match-up’s on the first day and we will be live with the clash at the Noisy Box Place where a sell-out crowd of 30,000 is expected for the game between two T2B newcomers: Hangover FC and the Rampant Ravishers. The other Championship fixtures will also be covered.

Blackpool vs. Doncaster Rovers

Bristol City vs. Nottingham Forest

CSKA Oddworld vs. Preston North End

Hallendren Awakeners vs. Phoenix

Hangover vs. Rampant Ravishers

Helsinki Hurricanes vs. BC Lions

Nordic Thunder vs. Coventry City

Peterborough United vs. Horden All Stars

Plymouth Argyle vs. Oldham North Stars

Scunthorpe United vs. Melbourne

Sporting Stronburg vs. Barnsley

Swansea City vs. FC Libourne Saint-Seurin

There are also a couple of pre-season friendly matches involving some of the Top2Bottom Premier League sides:

Velez vs. Essendon

Levante vs. Essex Eagles

Northern Extreme vs. Juventus

It’s now time for our weekly show: the SPORTS.tv Football Show. Today, we feature the Community Shield clash between New Bloc and Coedpoeth United, we visit Essex Eagles manager Jack Browne and we speak to Melbourne’s Zac Smith and FC Libourne Saint-Seurin’s Jerome Hebert ahead of the first day of the T2B Championship season.

Hryhorii Zahorchak, bringing the truth to Sports TV, and maybe getting something else... ;)

Every other manager in the league is likely to be getting it too. She'll do anything for the scoop will our Hazel ...

Definitely was the best GCB :D, "You can dominate me anytime" :p

What a tart she is.

Every other manager in the league is likely to be getting it too. She'll do anything for the scoop will our Hazel ....

Don't tease me like that GCB, I'm just a large headed lego-esque character! What other woman would want me *cries*... :p

PRE-SEASON HIGHLIGHT: Brighton 1-4 CSKA Oddworld

PRE-SEASON LOWLIGHT: Darlington 1-1 CSKA Oddworld

PLAYERS IN: Iban Zubiaurre (2.2m); Thomas Chatelle (350K); Jorge Ribeiro (375K)

1-1 with Darlington, terrible and no idea who those players are :(

Sportstv.jpg

CocaColaChampionship.jpg

T2B CHAMPIONSHIP – Matchday 1

Welcome to Wembley Stadium for the first live Top2Bottom games of the season as Premier League champions Coedpoeth United face Premier League runners-up and FA Cup winners New Bloc. After their thrilling final day title deciders back in May, the two sides renew their rivalry with both managers looking for an important psychological advantage from the ‘friendly’ at the national stadium.

Before that though, SPORTS.tv is live and exclusive with the opening day of the Championship season and we are live and exclusive at Hangover’s Noisy Box Place as they entertain fellow T2B newcomers, the Rampant Ravishers. Both sides will be desperate for a morale boosting win to start their season as they seek to find the combination needed for a Premier League promotion come May. We will also be providing the updates from the other Championship games as well as the three Pre-Season friendlies involving Premier League sides.

Let’s head for the Noisy Box Place.

Sportstv.jpg

CocaColaChampionship.jpg

T2B CHAMPIONSHIP – Matchday 1

HangoverFC.pngRampantRavishers.png

Hangover vs. Rampant Ravishers

Live from the Noisy Box Place

Welcome to SPORTS.tv and our first live transmission of the season. We’re live and exclusive with the T2B Championship as Hangover and Rampant Ravishers meet at the Noisy Box Place.

TEAM NEWS:

Hangover: Dylan Moran goes for a 4-1-4-1 formation as the Fuzzy Heads look for a victory today. Zlatan Ibrahimovic starts as the lone striker for Hangover with Florent Malouda and Park Ji-Sung looking to supply him with the chances from out wide.

Rampant Ravishers: An interesting 3-5-2 formation for the Ravishers who will use Ashley Cole and Bjorn Helge Riise as the wide men with responsibility to get forward and track back. A front pairing of Dirk Kuyt and Mario Gomez will be the men charged with scoring the goals to win games for Pablo Hernandez’ team.

ODDS FROM BET365:

Hangover: 5-4, Draw: 11-5, Rampant Ravishers: 7-4

The referee is Keith Hill and he gets the game underway.

01 mins:

Early free kick on the right for Hangover. Tom Huddlestone pulls the ball back cleverly to William Gallas whose shot is low and hard but turned away by Buffon in goal to deny the French defender. Corner for Hangover.

Yellow card: Gallas (Hang)

08 mins:

Rafinha on the right for Hangover, finds Ibrahimovic just over half way. The Swedish striker runs towards goal past defenders into a great position on the edge of the area but a tame shot is straight at Buffon who collects easily.

14 mins:

Collison sprays the ball out to the Hangover right again towards Rafinha in space. He delivers the cross which is met by Ibrahimovic but the header is easy for Buffon to save.

Sub: Cole off, Traore on (RR)

Yellow card: Huddlestone (Hang)

Sub: Collison off, Kelly on (Hang)

31 mins:

Witsel brings the ball forward for the Ravishers and slides it towards Gomez on the edge of the area. The German striker with a clever touch to make space and a vicious shot that is excellently palmed away to safety by Vilar in the goal. Great stop.

Yellow card: Ibrahimovic (Hang)

43 mins:

Free kick here for Hangover, 25 yards from goal in the centre. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is lining this one up, low and round the wall but well saved by Buffon and cleared to safety by Traore.

45+1 mins:

Park Ji-Sung picks up the ball and finds Huddlestone on the edge of the area, turns well and shoots. Saved by Buffon who parries it to Malouda but the offside flag is up against the French winger.

45+2 mins:

Good run by Ibrahimovic down the right hand side, crosses deep towards Malouda. Good header but another easy save for Buffon.

Half time:

Not the goal fest that we were hoping for as the game is goalless at half time. Hangover have probably edged the game but haven’t looked sharp enough in front of goal to deserve to be leading. Manager Dylan Moran may be a little worried about the yellow cards that are stacking up so far though. For the Ravishers, they will be looking to keep it tight at the back but will be thinking of snatching a goal on the break as well.

Join us for the second half in a moment.

Archived