Ben Greenhalgh

i would like to add that he was 16 when he was at welling so to say that he wasnt good enough is stupid, what 16 year olds are strong enough a make a good impression in non-league. the higher the level the more the emphasis is on technical rather then physical ability. Anyway good luck to the lad, i hope he does well because maybe this could lead to more engliah youngsters moving abroad at this age, which would only benefit all the england squads.

Well done to the lad, i can only see the bitterness is jealousy, the last 5 players were good and if they work hard can do something in football, Heesham was a deadly striker, just needs extra training and Craig is a good player but to say one is better than the other from the little clips shown is unfair.

I personally do think that at least 5 or 6 of them will have a career in professional football at some level.

I don't think any of them will make it anywhere near the top flight but I do believe that a few of them have enough potential to make it to league 1 or about that level.

Given their age and lack of physical training I think that they performed very well when training with the Inter youth players and that with enough focus on the physical side of their game then they could make it.

Like almost everybody else here, I don't think that Ben will make it at Inter but he will learn more in 6 months there then he would in 10 years at Welling United and even if he does get released after 6 months, he should have no problem getting a professional contract over here somewhere a bit below the top flight, espcially seeing as some of the kids who were on the program have already signed with decent clubs over here, such as Connor Smith signing for Watford and Jordan Spencer (?, can't remember his surname, the black defender with the afro) is being considered by Cardiff.

Tbh, I think he's trying to say that he wont end up anywhere near the first team - just like we saw with Sam Hurrell, and Carl Magnay on Football Icon. Don't think he'll do it but anyway, good luck to the lad. :thup:

Carl Magnay was on Leeds United's books initially, no?

Good luck to the lad - he had the confidence in his own ability to go and do something like this. I did not see the show so do not know how good he is.

At least he had the balls to do something about it and try and better himself and get noticed.

Do not knock him.

Ben comes from round my way and my mate played for the same team as him and he said no way is he going to stay there, they said their under 18's is so much better than the group of next stars, he said that show makes out their better than what they actually are but good luck to him and that Craig or Connor has got a scholar at watford

IIRC the only regular first-teamers who went through their youth academy are Santon and Balotelli. so obviously the odds favor him getting released. not to mention clubs like Inter and Milan have huge youth systems. but that doesn't mean they're all bad...

I thought that Milan is an old folks home (kidding)...

Maybe he'll struggle with the lifestyle and language first before struggling to break into first team..

Yeah That Is Him, The Little CM Something Matcham I Think :thup:

Just Watched It Now

Dom Matcham, was in the same year in my school until he left to go to the 'posh boys college.' Played in the same team as him and never really seemed that good. I would have given him a -4 ;):D

Archived