Talented Unkowns

polskaGOLA

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty sure ive posted both in this thread... or possibly in the other bargain thread :S i get confused..

theres also another brilliant amc who's from africa... cant for the life of me remember.. but i had one game with leeds when i had a nice african triangle in midfield with the two amc's and benson as a dmc

Modise is wanted by every Championship club on FM. I tried to get him when I was So'ton last week time.

South African teams have some great players.. some very physical ones as well.

I am not sure if he has been mentioned before but Anele has been a rock at CB for me with my South Africa side :D

This is him in season three. But for some reason he can't speak Dutch or French so hasn't got Belgian as a second Nationality

anelepatch103.jpg

Sorry guys, but why exactly is Modise mentioned in this thread ? He's not an unknown player by any stretch of the imagination :confused:

Edit: And neither is Mhlongo. Both are seasoned South African internationals and Modise has been the star player in the South African league for several years now.

Sorry guys, but why exactly is Modise mentioned in this thread ? He's not an unknown player by any stretch of the imagination :confused:

Edit: And neither is Mhlongo. Both are seasoned South African internationals and Modise has been the star player in the South African league for several years now.

and yet relatively unused in the game... hence unknown

Is there any way of editing the requirements for work permits in the English leagues via the editor/FMRTE without having to do it individually on every player?

The thread is excellent stuff and thanks a lot for the pre-loaded shortlist. Saves a whole heap of time. Don't suppose anyone has done the same thing including all the South American players is there?? - or at least the ones with dual EU citizenships??

My final quation is if you had to limit the size of database to around 75,000 players and you are playing as lower league (given the infernal WP problems) what would you choose to load to the database??

Depends, what league are you planning on playing as?

If you are playing in Lower League England for example, than definitely. Polish football is very similar to English football, so players should adapt immediately, and you can find lots of lower league bargains from Poland.

Of coarse though, since I am Polish I have a Polish database which adds Poland down to the 4th Liga, and I load it all in my games! :p

Than yes. You should find some cheap bargains from the Polish league, who are willing to join SPL clubs due to their low reputation.

edit: Yes, there are a couple of Polish youngsters which should be quality IRL, dunno about in game though. (I am using an edited database, so don't know if they would turn out the same in an unedited database.)

Look for Sobiech, Robert Lewandowski, Kamil Pozniak, Maciej Sadlok, Mateusz Pogonowski, Marcin Kaminski, Maciej Rybus, Damian Jaron, Marcin Budzinski, Michal Pazdan, Wojciech Wilczynski, Piotr Grosicki, Ariel Borysiuk, Pawel Wszolek, Grzegorz Sandormierski, Michal Chrapek, Maciej Korzym, Mateusz Cetnarski, Damian Adamczyk, Kamil Glik, Fidzukiewicz, Michal Kucharczyk, Zyro etc. etc.

Don't know how they will turn out on your game though.

Is there any way of editing the requirements for work permits in the English leagues via the editor/FMRTE without having to do it individually on every player?

The thread is excellent stuff and thanks a lot for the pre-loaded shortlist. Saves a whole heap of time. Don't suppose anyone has done the same thing including all the South American players is there?? - or at least the ones with dual EU citizenships??

My final quation is if you had to limit the size of database to around 75,000 players and you are playing as lower league (given the infernal WP problems) what would you choose to load to the database??

lower league england?

load all of france ( mainly for the reunion players), all uk, all south american players, and a smattering of romania, poland, and scandanavia

Don't know if he's been mentioned but Albert Yague is quality for less than a million. I got him for £750k as Real Madrid in January during the first season. Get him tutored and game time and his already decent stats may already go up a notch, in the second season he's my top scorer in the league with 14 goals in March.

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=201047

lower league england?

load all of france ( mainly for the reunion players), all uk, all south american players, and a smattering of romania, poland, and scandanavia

Yep...Lincoln City in Div 2. I wasn't sure whether it was worth going for the whole of S America because of the WP problems.

My machine starts to creak when I go for more than around 80,000 players and I wanted to take advantage of as many players from this excellent thread as poss.

Am I better going for Eastern Europe than South America - seems to be a lot of Ukraines floating about on here!

Ukraine isn't the EU, so WP will be a problem.

Your computer starts slowing down at 80,000 players? You could try loading very little leagues and just adding extra players via a costum database.

That's how I'm doing it at the moment. My last new game I went for English Div 2 and above and then on custom added all Eastern Euro players, players from top divisions in South America and players from South Africa - came to 83,000 I think. I then loaded suggy33's very helpful shortlist.

Now wondering whether I should have gone with a different custom set-up to take better advantage of the shortlist and the players I can actually sign.

I know I've asked it before and no-one answered but is there any way to edit the English league system to remove the need for work permits or is it "hard-coded" so to speak.

I've never tried to build a new league system but is it possible to "re-build" the english leagues and not have WP needed?

you can change nation rules but it creates problems down the line... alternatively .. you can bring nations into the eu continent..

as a by and by... loading all eastern european players is a MASSIVE amount of players.. and most are useless, cant be bought due to WP issues and generally not worth it when on a limited pc ... load players from certain eastern european countries instead... even by reputation or by top league only ....

Blimey, I thought I had an eye for a bargain....

Have any of you had Salvatore Caturano from Empoli? I've only had him for 12 months and he's turning into quite a nice find. Just wondering if he amounts to much. Would use the editor to check, but I don't have it.

Looks like a half decent tutor as well.

I would happily sign him for a N'castle-esque team first season on a year contract. :thup: Great as usual CPS.

CPS which skin are you using?

I would recommend Derry City as a club to explore for very cheap yet decent players.

I honestly think I could list 50 players. But I am using the unpatched version at the moment and as most of you are probably not, I will recommend one from a few years ago in my game - Gary Crilly who cost me just £60k

I am not 100% sure he is the game from the start, but I think he might be (even though he is a FM generated one),

gc1.jpg?t=1270413151

gc2.jpg?t=1270413193

Archived