The Manchester United Thread 2007/08 - Home of the Champions

Nick OGS20

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramos welcomes United interest

Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has admitted that he is flattered by Manchester United's reported interest.

On Thursday, it was claimed that United were monitoring the Spain international's situation at the Bernabeu as manager Sir Alex Ferguson lines up a long-term replacement for Gary Neville.

Ramos' brother, Rene, moved to play down the speculation, and the 22-year-old right-back has reiterated those comments, insisting he is happy with his current deal at Real.

"It is a good sign that such big teams are interested in me, but not I have no ideas about that (a transfer)," Ramos told Marca.

Meeting

"I have a good contract with Madrid and I am focussed on the Spanish team. When the European Championships finish we can see what happens."

Ramos' agent, Pedro Bravo, did admit that reports of him having recently travelled to England were true, but did not reveal whether he had met with United officials.

"One thing I would ask is what clubs are not interested in a player like Sergio Ramos?" Bravo said.

"It is true that on Monday I was in England. I have a good relationship with Manchester United."

Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

payback icon_biggrin.gif

Or hypocrisy icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nowhere in that article is anyone from United quoted about anything to do with him. It's his agent saying, well, absolutely nothing, as it would happen.

Would love Fergie or Gill to come out and make some claims about Ramos, hypocrisy ftw

Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

payback icon_biggrin.gif

Or hypocrisy icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rubbish. Where's the succession of quotes attributable to United officials talking about him? This is completely different.

United in general, and Fergie in particular, would never do things as awful as Madrid have. when we tap people up, we have the common decency to do it in private behind the selling clubs back. That's integrity.

Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Like Owen Hargreaves

people keep bringing the hargreaves transfer up, but i honestly don't remember it being that bad. wasn't it more a case of fergie publically admitting we'd lodged a bid that bayern refused and then hargs or his agent saying they wanted to be allowed to move?

stand to be corrected on this ofc, but i doubt it was anywhere near as bad as madrid always conduct themselves. we certainly weren't discussing squad numbers and salaries for him, or talking about what a difference he'd make to the side seeing as we thought we practically owned him and to hell with what bayern thought type thing...

Originally posted by alilaw:

Suppose it would be quite nice to have Ruud back so as to finally demonstrate to people how we wouldn't be nearly as effective, but that's to the detriment of the team and not really worth it imo.

Would be nice for the exact opposite reason actually, but anyway, pffffffffffft to you all.

Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Pretty sure he was quoted as saying he wanted to sign Hargreaves to replace Roy Keane, a year or so before you did actually sign him

I thought we placed a bid and then the curly haired wife shagger broke something important?

"Wait, wait, can I just ask one more question, I've just taken a five-and-a-half-hour train journey to get here?" - Sky Sports News reporter Gary Cotterril bursts into this afternoon's Dutch press conference just as it is ending.

Nick says:

"Edwin [van der Sar], do you think it would be a bad move for Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Manchester United?" - Sky Sports News reporter Gary Cotterril is allowed to ask his question.

Nick says:

"I'm only here to talk about the Dutch team. Sorry about your journey" - Van der Sar's response.

Edwin icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Rcjuk:

yeh I mean there's noway that ruud could have fit into our style of play.

WHAT a turn that was boys?icon_cool.gif

Still the best :*)

Any team in the world would be better for having him in it.

Pre season friendlies (that I know of)

12/07 Aberdeen (A)

19/07 Altrincham (A)

26/07 Oxford (A)

02/08 Espanyol (H)

04/08 Peterbro (A)

06/08 Juventus (H)

10/08 Portsmouth (N)

12/08 Bury (A)

I know we play Pompey in Nigeria and Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs sometime/somewhere too.

Aberdeen, Alty and Portsmouth in the Charity Shield will do me!

Originally posted by Rcjuk:

yeh I mean there's noway that ruud could have fit into our style of play.

WHAT a turn that was boys?icon_cool.gif

nah, he's past-it and a tap-in merchant. doesn't contribute anything to the team when he's not scoring.

Archived