[RELEASE] Commentary Pack (V1)

JoeLatics

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, the SI dude didn't actually fix the main errors :(

I'll have to get John to email him to ask what exactly he did do, surely he didn't just send it back without doing anything to it?!

Which si person was it i'll ask him in beta forums if its 1 of lads from there most top si guys all in beta forum usely

This is what he said to me..

Josh,

I've had a quick look and run it through the events tool that I have.

I'm not exactly clear what was wrong as there is only very basic error

reporting in this tool and no error was reported but when I split it by

language and put it back together it came back with 1029 events rather

than 1030. So I added the missing event and hopefully this is the issue.

I've not got time to test this out now so when you get a chance give

this a go and if it's still no good let me know and I'll look into it in

more detail next week when I'm back working full time

Cheers,

Woodg

Hi all!

Just thought I'd update you, there's not been a lot coming out of our end, recently!

We're really cracking on, the Press Conferences are about 3/4 - 4/5 done now.

I need to figure out which is the missing line in the events file, and that should hopefully sort everything!

V2 is going to be massive, and I can't wait to release it!

Cheers,

Joe

Cheers, Publius :)

Josh has just PM'd me to say that the soundpack is coming along nicely, although he has A-Levels coming up, so progress may slow a bit (which is more than fair enough!)

I myself will have to be getting on with GCSE work in a couple of months or so, but hopefully we should have V2 out well before that.

Thanks,

Joe

Some new feedback, I had a lot of repetition of goal comments the first 10 consecutive matches I used this cfg with. Only Goooaall and Goal for X comments. But now..ive had take a bow son, brilliant, its innnn, and a plethora of others. Seems to be a hump the cfg needs to get over before it begins to spew comments pertaining to the goal. Not sure if this has happened with anyone else, just my take.

Some new feedback, I had a lot of repetition of goal comments the first 10 consecutive matches I used this cfg with. Only Goooaall and Goal for X comments. But now..ive had take a bow son, brilliant, its innnn, and a plethora of others. Seems to be a hump the cfg needs to get over before it begins to spew comments pertaining to the goal. Not sure if this has happened with anyone else, just my take.

Hey Publius

We dont control what is said its a some what random comment for the goal for example as all the chances are set as the same!

Glad you enjoy V1 though.

Josh

1. Download the pack from the link at the bottom of this post.

Steam, not patched:

1. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\events .

2. BACKUP THE 'EVENTS' FILE IN THAT FOLDER SOMEWHERE ELSE, e.g. DESKTOP!!!!!!!

3. Replace that file with the 'events.cfg' file you downloaded from us!

4. Go ingame, and go to preferences. Tick 'always reload on confirm' in the display bit, and hit confirm.

5. Enjoy!

Steam, patched:

1. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1010\data\events

4. Go ingame, and go to preferences. Tick 'always reload on confirm' in the display bit, and hit confirm.

5. Enjoy!

Not Steam, not patched:

1. Navigate to:C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\events

5. Enjoy!

Not Steam, Patched:

1. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1010\data\events

5. Enjoy!

That's it!

Might be a while yet, mate!

By the way, the info above is about of date, you'll want C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\data\events or C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\data\events instead if you're patched!

this was an alright file and that, just got a bit fed up with a few spelling mistakes and the time it takes from the GOAL!! after we score to disappear. So im going to return to the normal commentary, but i've completely removed the original football manager events file off my computer, if anyone could provide me a download for it i would be very greatful

Thanks for all the feedback.

Are you sure you aren't exaggerating at all there, Drakestone, mate?

I'll get maybe 1 or 2 in a play session tops, myself...

I'm still bug-searching, though, so keep your fingers crossed!

No, I'm being honest mate, not an exaggeration at all. I'll find i'll either get none in a game or a stupid amount where i have to continuously click ok to get rid of it, like I said around 7-10 messages at once.

this was an alright file and that, just got a bit fed up with a few spelling mistakes and the time it takes from the GOAL!! after we score to disappear. So im going to return to the normal commentary, but i've completely removed the original football manager events file off my computer, if anyone could provide me a download for it i would be very greatful

Sorry for not being on for a while, turned out I had 26 viruses on my laptop, and had to totally wipe it!

My internet's also down at the minute, so I've had no way at all of getting on, except at school!

Drakestone: We'll have to get to the bottom of this, have you installed any other edits etc. that might have interfeared or something?

Jamie: Just look in the media folder from a previous patch, it's the same file :)

UPDATE

Not done much work ob our pack atm

I think sometimes a break is a good so we can come back and hit it fresh

Joe is working on Press Conferences and i'm looking into adding chants into the game, this is hard as im not sure how long each highlight will be so how long to make the chant is almost impossible..but in the next few weeks there will be a update to the commentary, and im trying to get hold of SI so we can get rid of any errors!

Cheers

it's alright i've just realised i'll get the original events file once i've got the new patch, i enjoy the commentary pack it just gets annoying, i have it on my lowerleague game for horsham, but after the patch is released i plan on doing a liverpool career and would rather not have the annoying commentary

it's alright i've just realised i'll get the original events file once i've got the new patch, i enjoy the commentary pack it just gets annoying, i have it on my lowerleague game for horsham, but after the patch is released i plan on doing a liverpool career and would rather not have the annoying commentary

what do you find annoying?

help would be nice

i'm sorry im just not a fan of the custom informal lines that typical commentators might use in real life i prefer the formal stuff, also there were a few spelling mistakes. I think you've done really well with the pack it's just not my cup of tea.

I've downloaded this and find it pretty good. However, since I installed it, I'm getting loads of array out of bounds.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Hey mate!

yes i'm talking to SI as we speak and there trying to see what the issue is!

we dont know why this happens but if you bare with us

Cheers

Archived