[RELEASE] Commentary Pack (V1)

JoeLatics

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, just to give you an update:

I'm a good 1/2 way through the file, now, and I have found a few mistakes, those stupid ones that are absolute buggars to locate, such as putting "With a weighted first time pass...||p1> moves the ball down the right for <p2>" instead of "With a weighted first time pass...|<p1> moves the ball down the right for <p2>" , and the REPORT ENGLISH line being on the same line as the INGAME ENGLISH.

I reckon this could well fix it, if so, that'll be V1.5

Cheers,

Joe

Hey Guys

I think we may have fixed it so some time this weekend version 1.5 will be out and hopefully (touch wood) bug and error free!

We also have been looking at the press conferences and on a basic level we understand them but if anyone has a in depth knowledge of them would be great to here from you

cheers boys and girls

Will be fine on 09, mate, you just need to locate the events file in the 09 folders, which should be something like:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009\data\updates\update-931\data\events

(May be slightly different, just go to the FM09 folder in steam if the above doesn't work directly, then go data->updates->9.3.3->data->events)

Seems great so far, but just 1 observation... When there's a goal it flashes "GOAL!" and then when that has finished it flashes "GOAL FOR X!" ... Just ends up being a bit to much flashing :)

I think they made it that way on purpose, i remember in the beta test thread a few people were talking about the longer flashing comentary bar when a goal is scored.

Some people like it and some people don't, i don't mind it.

Been playing with it since yesterday and must say its a joy to read, good work lads very good work. :thup:

But just loaded my FM up today and in my first match about 5 mins after half time i just got a 'array out of bounds message' Don't what line it was on cause it didn't tell me it just said array out of bounds.

So i clicked ok then the game carried on for about 5 seconds then it came up with another array out of bounds message, so i clicked ok again and then the match carried on like normal.

I hope these 2 in quick succession are the first and last .... :p.

At least it didn't fully crash, Barker!

I'm planning on another full-on-read-of-every-line before we release V2 (hooray!), so hopefully it'll be 100% bug free.

Mikal, you want to try the BETA if you think that's a lot of flashing ;)

It was flashing for about 10 lines in BETA!!

We should start work on V2 soon!

No CTD or array out of bounds with version 1.5 so thanks gents. I am seeing a little bit less variety however than I expected in the commentary, each goal comment doesn't apply to said goal, merely flashing the gooooalll or goal for X. Still love this edit and am continuing to use it, just hope somehow this flaw will be fixed in v2.

I've downloaded v 1.5 and used it for 10 matches now. I've had the array out of bounds message, just the once when confirming my team talk pre match! I clicked OK, it popped up again but only twice - then the game continued as usual. That's the only occasion it's happened so it's a lot less frequent then it was before.

Still impressed with this pack and will probably keep using it for now because you seem to have sorted the crash bug. Love the pack!

Thanks all. I had my first array error yesterday, it put the game into windowed mode, but had no other effect. Same as everyone else, it was prematch, came up twice, and then didn't come up again. Will be bug free for V2,with any luck.

Cheers, Joe

UPDATE

Talking to the guys at SI, fingers crossed we can bring some exciting news so watch this space!

Version 2

Wont be around for a while yet even though we are working hard on it, time is hard to come by at the moment but we hope to maybe bring a Beta out in the next few weeks this should have press conferences!

Has anyone got any idea for V2 they feel we haven't covered yet? Of course we will be adding more lines but anything else?

Your feedback is great so keep it coming guys

Cheers

Downloaded earlier and was just about to say how pleased I was when I got my 1st 'array access out of bounds'. Wasn't watching close enough to spot the line though. I'll keep going with it for a bit and see how I got on. Until thenm my only problem was seeing the 'lollipops' commentary too often.

Great pack lads just installed it on my retail version as im not ment to install it on my beta testing builds and works a treat great addition ive had a couple of array access out of bounds but just deleted them and played on did't crash game or anything KUTGW :thup:

Great pack lads just installed it on my retail version as im not ment to install it on my beta testing builds and works a treat great addition ive had a couple of array access out of bounds but just deleted them and played on did't crash game or anything KUTGW :thup:

Cheers pal!

Your beta version? what you testing or carnt you say?

Cheers pal!

Your beta version? what you testing or carnt you say?

Im a beta testa for si mate but were not ment to add like 3rd party stuff to our beta builds as its hard for the si staff to find bugs they cause :thup:

Thanks to the kind people at SI, I've just released V1.51

Remember to change the name of the file to just "events", rather than "events_community"!

I'd like to give a massive thank you to SI, they had no obligation at all to fix the file, but did so anyway; and I now take almost personal offence at people who claim that SI are 'lazy'.

http://www.filefront.com/15304785/events_fixed_si.rar/

Just tried to play the game again and crashed again same time right at start of 1st half im playing as leeds away against millwall

just reinstalled 1.5 guys and thats fine so must be 1.5,1 thats currupt somewere

Hey Guys

I think we may have fixed it so some time this weekend version 1.5 will be out and hopefully (touch wood) bug and error free!

We also have been looking at the press conferences and on a basic level we understand them but if anyone has a in depth knowledge of them would be great to here from you

cheers boys and girls

I don't know much about how it works but I would be willing to contribute questions from the media aswell as possible answers. I'd really like to get involved in the media questions as the current ones are shocking and not really the things the media asks either.

Archived