[RELEASE] Commentary Pack (V1)

JoeLatics

Hi everyone, I'm back at last! (Run!)

As I said before, I've been offline for a while (a month and a half!!!! My life has been hell! :D ), so I'm sorry for the complete nothingness from my end!

The situation at the moment as far as I go is that I've had to get rid of my Windows completely (because the useless Microsoft call centre are pathetic!), and I'm now on Ubuntu.

I'm 100% new to this, so I have no idea what the hell's going on, nor how to get FM actually onto it (I'm looking into a programme called Wine to help me, but if anyone has any idea at all, please drop me a line!)

This means that I'm going to struggle to test it, though I should still be able to read the file, and check for bugs.

Thanks a lot for your continued patience whilst I figure this out!

Cheers,

Joe

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

A bit late, but in case you still need help, I'll sugest http://www.fmtux.net/index.php That site helped me a while back on getting FM10 working on Ubuntu (9.04), but I got back to Windows now, so I can't be much help. In any case, if editing is your problem then as an audio editor try Audacity (same software as on Win). Advanced text editors are in no short supply on *NIX platforms: just look in the repository.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I know we're developing a our own KO commentary file due for release next week, but just wanted to say Keep up the Good work ! Nice to know that there are those out there that realise this has always been a feature slightly neglected by SI ...

Maybe in the future we'll be able to form a large joint pack. Take care guys and goodluck with your file.

Archived