kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,006 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

Originally posted by knap:

Scott

If using V1 take farrows off FBs and move outside AMCs to AML and AMR and farrow to as before. This is a good "normal" tactic.

Jack

If you can make these tactics more effective they will have to be banned!

In v2. I think I'm just going to start another game with another team. Maybe it's just my players who fit in ridiculously well in the tactic.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man City team is now 4 wins 0 losses, +12 goal difference, sitting happily atop the table.

That includes a 3-1 victory over Liverpool at Anfield.

One of the things that I really like about this tactic (v1) is that so many of the players are easily interchangeable so I don't need a huge squad to be able to have ample cover, and its easy to keep rotating players in and out without anyone ever having to play out of position.

Happy happy joy joy.

Okay guys, after seeing all the success this has got I've decided to build a team around it on a new game as Shakhtar, as they've got BUCKETS of money.

As I can more or less fulfill any requirements, what sort of players are recommended in EVERY position from all your experiences, please be as detailed as possible.

In my first season as Liverpool, I used VDV (10m pounds) in the central AMC position, Matias Fernandez (10m) on the left AMC, and Stevie Gerrard on the right AMC. If you need to buy a right sided AMC, Belluschi for 5-7m is a good bet.

All have good long shots, finishing, composure, passing and pace too. Generally the left and right sided AMCs score more, center AMC has more assists (VDV had 40).

ST - Torres/Kuyt. Think any decent striker will do here. You do get some crosses in so good headers are a plus.

DMCs - I liked to use all-rounded ones like Lucas, Veloso, etc. Mascherano was a bit wasted here, can't cross or shoot. Also had Banega and Alonso. Usually gets crap ratings no matter who you play.

DL - Veloso (10m) mainly, Arbeloa as well.

DCs - Barzagli (12-13m), Agger, Samba (1.2m), Felipe (4.5m) (wasn't good for me).

DR - Sergey the Russian captain (Free!). He was surprisingly good here for me as DR, gets into position for long shots often, plenty of assists too. I used Samba here a bit too, he's a decent DMC-type. With both Samba and Barzagli on the pitch you can exploit the corner bug.

Full-backs get into the DMC positions when you have the ball, so decent passing (as opposed to crossing for normal FBs) and long shots is a plus.

You say use a fast striker against Chelsea & then say that Berbatov scores 5 against them, Berbatov isn't a fast striker .

you right....... icon_biggrin.gif

i mean if he has pace and acc more, he will get alot more goal, in that match he lost alot of open space chance as the chelsea defender faster than him....

Originally posted by andrewyo:

where is V3??~~i use V2 away results so bad......

v3 is not ready yet, i create v3 tactic with 3 strikers... but not a good one, so i didnt upload it yet icon_frown.gif

v4 is more promising, but it designed for away games againts good team, so far so good, but it need alot of testing before released

Originally posted by masher8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jase1982:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jance:

Hello kimz and everyone else

This tactic seems really interesting so I will give it a try with Man Utd og Real Madrid.

But I don't know which tactic to use. v1 or v2? Which one should i use when facing:

- a strong team away

- a strong taem at home

- a weak team away

- a weak team at home

Would really appreciate if someone could help me here.

Thanks in advance

Looking forward trying both tactics

no matter which one you use, these tactic will battering your opp if you are MU or Real icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to elaborate on this and ask has anyone tried this with a lower league team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried it with Forest Green in the conference. Won the league with no squad alterations (it was my first time in lower league management and I had no idea what I was doing). Next season after being given a transfer budget of £0 I made a couple of loan and free signings. We struggled to about mid table in the league by christmas, when I took the Aston Villa job. Overall it worked well but when completely outmatched it struggled.

In general I now adjust the mentality depending on what the other team seems to be doing and how attacking they are and I usually manage to be on top in almost every game home and away. The squad isn't brilliant, but we should win the league this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The tactic works fine if you are not heavily outmatched. Otherwise you leak a lot of goals. Obviously that is the most likely scenario when you play LLAMa and try to climb up the ladder. To make the tactic more solid on defensive end (especially on the road or in hold the score situation) put the fastest DMC (acceleration and pace) in the left position, and put short barrow on the right DMC. lDMC is the key for this tactic to be offensive, thus putting both DMCs on barrows will limit offensive chances.

I use this fix always if my team is set to fight for relegation before the start of the season. With media odds of 1:2000 to win the title (basically media predicts a loss in every game) I get a mid-table finish. As odds grow I start to employ original tactic, especially at home when I am a favorite to win.

v4 is more promising, but it designed for away games againts good team.

Recent away games as Spurs with V2

MU 3-0

Lpool 4-0

Milan 2-1 (Kaka long range)

Just use plain zonal at back

Usual 7 past Chelsea but at home Guilherme 6

MCs do well as DMs even Jenas knocked one in from edge of box.

You can really just buy all your favourite players and press win button (mostly).

Well, v1 has sadly fallen apart for me. After a roaring start to the season, almost every game I play now is a draw or a loss even though I haven't changed anything either the tactic or the players (other than rotating when players fall below 95% fitness)

I've noticed that the tactic is particularly vulnerable to inferior teams who play direct or long ball games and simply hoist the ball over midfield and usually over most of my defenders who are playing well up the park.

It's almost as though the tactic worked well when it was new and hadn't been seen before but other teams are now adapting to it and exploiting its weaknesses.

Bummer.

it just won't work for me! have great players - villa up front with raul garcia, aguero and luis garcia in attack mid and still few goals. any ideas why?

also, why can't you just set tackling to hard and tight marking on in tactics rather than opponents instructions each time?

Originally posted by rune_star:

In my experience V1 doesn't work without opp instr.

The OI 'forces' the fullbacks and MC's to come back and hunt down their targets when possesion is lost high upfield...

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I had been getting a bit lax with setting OI - especially not bothering to pick up substitutes when they came on.

Now I've started stringently sticking to setting OI and started winning again.

Sweet.

great tactic kimz.Just finished my last friendly using derby my best result was 4-2 against lyon.Was 4-1 up at half time.Lyon scored as soon as we kicked off so i parked the bus.thought a comeback might be on

Sorry but it was shocking for me. I used it with my Spurs reserve squad, who until then were greatly outclassing everyone, they then started leaking goals consistently, (this reserve squad featured King, Robinson and Woodgate) Then I tried it for a month with Lyon, and it nearly cost me the title. (I switched back when I was level on point with Monaco and got my form back)

Still does the trick for me! I've slightly changed the settings for V1 and I'm currently holding on to a fourth place in La Liga after 14 games with... GETAFE!!!

I've also qualified through the group stage of the UEFA as group winner ahead of Palermo and Benfica amongst other, as well as I'm still alive in the Spanish cup.

For those unknown to the Spanish league, this is quite an achievement!

Getafe has a tiny transfer fund from the getgo (about 5 mill€) which is NOTHING in la liga! However the biggest problem is that no-one will come to Getafe, so it's basically the original squad.

The tactics works great if you tweak it slightly to suit your players AND more importantly, keep an eye out for your opponents style of play, dangermen and so on...

When using v1 away from home, remember to tick counter attacks! This is highly effective against teams that are likely to come at you. And of course it's still important to set up your OI's correct too...

Depending on the opposition attack it in fact help to raise the D-line instead of lowering it. This makes for a very compact area for the opposition to play in...

tried something new tonight.fed up of losing away from home i decided to go 4-2-4 and play long ball.firstly i moved the two outside amc`s to fl and fr postions then moved the middle amc to play upfront.then i took the farrows of the fullbacks and moved the two mc`s back to dm and changed the paasing to long ball.results won 1-0 away to middlesborough and 3-0 away to newcastle both times the oppostion hardly created anything yet to try it at home or against a strong team i`ll let you know how i get on feel free to try these changes.i`m playing as birmingham btw.

Never believed using tactics designed by other people but I have to say Kimz you are piece of something outa this world. I saw a lot of Arsenal fans using Kimz V1 (Arsenal Team Guide thread) so thought of using. It paid off. Al though I didnt win any trophies with it but have to say it is amazing.

You can exploit teams like damn crazy and score goals. Something I really wanted against small teams. Through my 3rd season, after drawing 6 games out of 13 in the league, I started using this tactic and in my first game I won 8-0 at home against wigan. Out of the blue. Then my team started to click. From there I only lost to Man U, the league, away 4-0, away to Everton, second last game of the season (used my back up players), Chelsea FA cup semi final, and Barca away 1st leg semi final UCL. All those games I lost I should have won considering the amount of chances and shots I created but you know they say "you can not win all". Man U picked a very good form and won the league because of those 6 games I drew before I used your formation. Lost to Barca on away goals in the semi final UCL. And Chelsea scored late goal in FA CUP semi final.

The problem I faced with this tactic is, I dont know if any one else found out, I conceded a lot of free kicks, deflected on to my wall then past my keeper. It happened so often. And also from corner kicks but not really that many.

Another problem with this tactic is you can fk up against teams with good counter attack players. Like Man U. Because they are getting so much possession they can almost put you to sword. Luckly I dont have to face them week in week out.

Anyways, this tactic is out of the blue and I would use my 4th season in Arsenal and hopefully win my first real trophy apart from the FA cup. Thanks a lot.

Here is my how I put my players in the line up.

------Adebayor/RV Persie-------------

-----Silva--Fabregas---Aguero

---VD Vaart ----- Bodmer/Veloso

Clichy ---- Richards ---- Toure© --- Sagna

-------------- S Frey ---------------

Bench

L Fabianski

Quaresma

Rosicky

Eboue

Hugo Almeida

Fran Merida

Nordveit

The tactic works fine if you are not heavily outmatched. Otherwise you leak a lot of goals. Obviously that is the most likely scenario when you play LLAMa and try to climb up the ladder.

Needs to be clarified. If you are playing as a LLaMa, then you won't use Kimz's tactic. If you are playing LLM, then you can. Nothing upsets LLaMas more than being compared to a standard lower league management game (LLM). It is a philosophy of playing that doesn't allow for tactics such as Kimz to be used and wouldn't know they existed anyway.

I'm trying out this tactic with Arsenal too. So far I must say I'm not impressed at all. It's so up and down. One game it looks tremendous and the next it's an utter disaster. For example: I'd beat Chelsea at home 6-0, only to barely scrape out a 1-1 tie against Everton also at home, then loose 2-3 to Reading away, and then tie Villa away 2-2. I have many other games like this in just the first half of my first season. And before any of you jump on me about tweaking, yes, I've tweaked based on this thread. I've also read this thread twice back to back trying to see if I missed anything. This is one of the most unbalanced tactics I've ever tried.

Yakubu Scored 6 against chelsea with this tactic but have a huge problem hes now out for 4 months and AJ cant cut it up front any suggestions for a new striker.I may give anichebe a game against west ham

Originally posted by wwfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The tactic works fine if you are not heavily outmatched. Otherwise you leak a lot of goals. Obviously that is the most likely scenario when you play LLAMa and try to climb up the ladder.

Needs to be clarified. If you are playing as a LLaMa, then you won't use Kimz's tactic. If you are playing LLM, then you can. Nothing upsets LLaMas more than being compared to a standard lower league management game (LLM). It is a philosophy of playing that doesn't allow for tactics such as Kimz to be used and wouldn't know they existed anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My apologies. I concede, if we go that deep into details then you are right.

Tactics on trial!!!!

Came third in 1st season in prem last year by luck considering the amount of goals i conceded, but willing to try something new.

Wolves, 3rd season, Prem 3rd currently.

Game1 vs Blackburn away lost 1-0 poor poor poor performance. Not enough opps on goal left fuming.

Game2 vs Wigan away won 4-3 what a game, 29 shots on goal. impressed with 3 attacking midfielders who all scored with ratings of 8 8 8

Team2 Hednesford Town bss

Game1 vs Histon top of leagues away won 2-0 destroyed them

game2 vs Farsley Celtics 1-1 2players sent off in 1st half had double chances they had and scored in last minute to draw.

Looking good so far in non league but need more game play to see if it works over a period of time. looking for consistency. will update

I'd like to give this tactic another try, but would like to hear some concrete suggestions for tweaking. From what I've read, it is v2 that is the better one but I've also read so many tweaking suggestions that I'm not sure what to make of them. What are the most recommended? Should a target man and/or playmaker be used at all?

I've been playing since Championship Manager 01/02 and have always been loyal to the 4-4-2 diamond.

I must say that this is by far a superior tactic. In my second season with Arsenal (2008-2009) I won the quad. League cup, FA cup, Premiership, and Champions League. Beat Barcelona 6-1 in the Champions League final. It was 1-1 in regulation. Scored five goals in extra time.

I'm essentially doing the same thing as you (also suing Wolfsong's guide). However, I just don't know why my Arsenal is playing like a bunch of school boys. This tactic is supposedly all about scoring many goals but my team is doing the exact opposite. 3 games in a row now, half of my squad gets a 6 rating, not to mention Adebayor who has two 6s and a 5 as his last three ratings. Is there some other secret to make this tactic work? I just can't believe how it's a huge success with so many people here but in my game it's a complete disaster.

Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

I'm essentially doing the same thing as you (also suing Wolfsong's guide). However, I just don't know why my Arsenal is playing like a bunch of school boys. This tactic is supposedly all about scoring many goals but my team is doing the exact opposite. 3 games in a row now, half of my squad gets a 6 rating, not to mention Adebayor who has two 6s and a 5 as his last three ratings. Is there some other secret to make this tactic work? I just can't believe how it's a huge success with so many people here but in my game it's a complete disaster.

Something tells me biffydl is not using 8.0.2 patch. I used v1 of this tactic with arsenal as well and i had nowhere near the success that people have commented on here.

I'm starting to suspect the same thing as you Aquaplex. I'm on 8.0.2 patch and I've tried both versions of the tactic and it is nothing like what people here are boasting about. I watched some matches in full and it doesn't look like there much cohesion in this tactic, it just looks like chaos. I'm lucky to score 1 goal in most matches let alone 2, and I'm using Arsenal with players like Aguero, Fernandez, and Rosina added to the already impressive team.

I was bored so what i did was run kim V1 for 1 season on holiday mode. Here are my findings. Holiday mode, first season, no new players, starting 11, no team talks abviously.

won 25

drew 7

lost 6

After looking at the fixtures i could see that this tactic, V1 was very effective at home with excellent results. I think my home record was something like 17 wins 0 draws and 2 losses. The away record wasnt nearly as impressive as most of my losses and all my draws were away. Suprising match of the season was 7:3 trouncing of Chelsea in 4th round of the Cup where Adebayor scored all 7 goals.. lol Not sure how that happened but it looked interesting. I am now testing V2 and will report back later.

Archived