has anyone found any genuine regens?

He wont be, unless you raise that determination stat. ;)

Its just to poor. What is his personality?

Sorry to be picky but do you mind quoting the right person when replying, as you have given the impression i use fmrte when i don't.

22OlafMenger.png

11Anselmo.png

Here are just a couple of the 'genuine' regens from my Arsenal team in 2017.

fine but olaf menger doesn't look great, he looks like a squad player with those mental stats.

It doesn't help when people criticise others for pointing out flaws in the game. There is evidence all over this site that the quality of players declines over a 10-20 year period.

That is not something to praise and claim makes the game 'more challenging.' It would be more challenging if the game remained realistic and you were competing against great teams. If there are only 3 world class players in the whole game and you have them all due to obsessively scouting them, bully for you. But it's not a positive thing, so quit claiming it is.

It's because of people like this that SI get away year after year with their appallingly developed games.

Just in the second season, so this is the best till now.

Baught from West Brom in this window, 6.5M.

30csil5.jpg

he's only 16! It's all very well claiming he's a 'great regen' but watch his stats! I doubt they'll develop much over the next 10 years!

This is the whole point. Young pplayers are not developing as they should.

To graemeS: I've been reading many of the posts you have been posting recently and they are all pretty similar in the fact that you are criticizing SI without offering much constructive criticism. Would it not be more helpful to SI if you did a bit of research and post the results to back up all your criticisms and give some ideas as to what you think they could be done to improve the game rather than ranting about how SI don't care about the game just as long as they sell.

You might say that it is SI who make the game and they should have tested all the possibilities but you have to remember that there are an awful lot of permutations when you consider the number of leagues, the size of database and the number of players retained.

I don't think its the number of good regens that's the problem, it's the fact that some regens don't have the attributes you might expect. There can always be improvements in this aspect in this area of the game but the way that I look at it is that it is the same situation for the AI so it is a level playing field. I don't see how this would make the game unplayable but that is for people to decide for themselves. It's all about opinions so it is impossible to please everyone all of the time.

Well that's my opinion on the regen issue, any comments that dis/agree are welcome and hopefully there can be a proper discussion rather than just ranting.

This is a proper discussion. And no, I don't think I need to remember anything. This game is a farce that crashes constantly for many, is ridden with bugs and is deeply flawed in many arenas. It's a game I paid for and so I don't feel I need to 'balance' my comments or offer constructive criticism. The game is simply not good enough.

Having said that, it does have potential and if they could resolve the long-term playability, youth development and bugs/crashes issues, they might have a hit on their hands.

It's extraordinary to me that some individuals come here and defend the indefensible. It's nothing personal against SI developers or against those who love the game! It's just that this game is not up to the standard I would expect!

I have - on numerous occasions - made suggestions of how i feel the game could be improved and if you look at the 'unhappy with fm 2010, post comments here' thread you'll see one of them.

I look forward to hearing your response to my 13 suggestions to improve the game on that thread. And please try to be objective and honest rather than saying nothing at all.

I don't have much to say to this other than you're talking out of your arse.

In response to your 'points' find me another development team who puts in the effort that SI does, or listens to their customers as much as SI does, do EA do it? Do Eidos? If so, i stand corrected, but somehow i very much doubt it.

The game isn't perfect no, it never will be, no game is. It is however the closest we have to a lifelike sim atm. Instead of just openly criticising SI why don't you try to come up with some reasoned, intellectual arguments and suggestions?

Haha! The effort SI put into game development can't be that good if they have to release 2 patches within the first few weeks simply to make the game functional for most people! Almost everyone experienced repeated crashes until the patches!

Listening to customers?

Just because they created this website? They close down threads that are criticial and fail to respond to most of the comments. This is a fairly low-cost PR exercise.

Your attitude is typical of many on here in that you almost talk about SI as though it's a charity. That's pretty good PR on their part.

It's a money-making corporation.

Any effort they make in coming up with patches etc. is all about ensuring they don't go bankrupt when everyone takes the game back to the store, pointing out the fact it doesn't actually work.

Stop being so naive and get a grip.

In my opinion:

- Keep them in U18 (or whatever your youth team is) until they're 17/18. Ensure they have good training schedules, but at this time in their career I'd say it's more important they develop as a whole, and focus on becoming a well-rounded player, rather than to excel in their position

- If they're a top prospect, possibly at 17 look to loan them out to someone a few divisions below (maybe L1/L2 or the equivalent of). Don't loan them to someone too high up the pyramid.

- If you choose to keep them, or while waiting for offers: play them in cup games, put them on the subs bench, give them the occasional start in low pressure/unimportant games.

- If they're good, but not world class potential or a wonderkid keep them in the youth team until they're 18, then look to loan them out to a lower team. If they're not good enough to come near the first team, you'd be wasting your time playing them. Usually by 18/19 you can tell if someone is ready or not.

- Once they're in the first team squad, make their training more intensive and make them train with the first team and feel part of the squad. Here focus on training them specifically to be a top player for their position.

- It is essential to avoid burnout. Some players may excel if dropped in at the deep end, but be careful. Monitor their performances closely. If they look to be suffering from nerves, try to mentor them. Give them a player to learn from, and be supportive in your management. Try to ease them in and out of the team, and make it clear that they're a player very much in your plans for the future.

- If they get injured, ensure they recover properly and have more than enough time out. Do not try to over do their physical training to try and get them back to fitness - they're young, and assuming they're not very unfit naturally, they should recover very well.

- If they're an understudy to a player in the first team, it could be a good idea to get the two players to work together in training. When developing a player, it's important that both you and the player know what is wanted in terms of their development, and how you see them being used in future.

Anyone got anything to add/contest?

This is good avice. A couple of other things that will help ...

1. Whatever strategy you choose, check their match ratings every 3 months or so. This is VERY important. If their match rating is below 6.0 (or thereabouts), it means you've placed them into a league that is too difficult for them. Their "current ability" points will not increase enough if you do this. Equally, if their score is consistently above 6.6 (or thereabouts), you've probably got them in a league that is too easy for them. Again their current ability points will not be increasing as much as if they were playing against higher reputation teams in higher reputation leagues. Remember that it is the combination of match ratings, league reputation and opposition reputation and minutes on the pitch that determine the rate at which the current ability points are increased. You need to get the balance of this just right. I see too many people complain about the non-development of the younger players but I can tell you that this balance will be way off. The guidlines I've given you here should help to develop them very well.

2. Always remember to include the leagues (at least as view only) that you expect to be sending your players out to. If you don't, again they will not progress as quickly as they should - mainly because the system does not process them correctly in non-activated leagues.

3. Be careful about who you ask to tutor them. It has to be someone with higher reputation (which is usually the case anyway), and it has to be someone with high degrees of professionalism. If it's not, they'll "pick up the bad habits" and not develop quickly. The more professional they are, the more they will have their attributes shaped appropriately to meet the needs of their position (and the way you play them).

Hope that helps because it is almost a formula you can use to develop them.

p.s. The figures I've given you here are based on FM09. The reason I've not taken the time to do proper research into FM10-specifics is because I'm loving playing the game too much at the moment. Fantastic!!! I've never played a game for 31 seasons before so it's a sign that they've got something right with this one.

Regans are made on the following dates (this is found out by going 2 a club in that country, then transfers, history, promoted youth players)

"Jan 1 - Brazil, Chile

Jan 5 - Rep. Ireland, Iceland

Jan 7 - Finland

Jan 10 - Colombia

Jan 15 - Africa (exc South Africa)

Jan 20 - Norway

Jan 28 - Peru

Feb 14 - Belarus

Jun 7 - Baltic States, Georgia, Bosnia, Cyprus, Armenia, Montenegro, Albania

Jun 20 - Germany, Ukraine, Portugal, France, Turkey, Israel, Australia, Scotland, Hungary, Croatia, N.Ireland, Greece, Switzerland

Jun 24 - England, Austria

Jun 29 - Slovakia

Jun 30 - Italy, Czech Rep, Poland

Jul 1 - Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia

Jul 7 - Denmark, Holland

Jul 10 - Serbia, Spain

Jul 15 - South Africa

Jul 20 - Mexico

Aug 1 - Argentina, Uruguay

Sep 19 - North/Central America & Caribbean, Ecuador, Bolivia, Venezuela, Paraguay

Dec 9 - Japan, Middle East

Dec 27 - Russia, USA, China, Sweden"

taken from http://loswonderkids.com/community/topic/6144-regen-release-datescreation-dates/

Therefore u can save your game 1 day before - if you can't find any good ones re load your game.

Something tells me that he played the player in the first team...

No money on what tells me that...

I've got two player developing very rapidly too, it's not exactly quantum mechanics (though we could discuss player potential as a wave function), proper training, good coaches, good tutoring and of course, most vitally, FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL!

Errr Ding! Ding! Ding!

Yeah he had a mixture of starts, subs and Reserve games. I also had Aguero mentor him.

I've got two youngsters who are basically putting some of my previously starting players on the transfer list. Absolute beasts. In fact, I may have mentioned them on this thread before.

Jimmy Williams and Simon Gillett.

Jimmy Williams is now basically first choice leftback, despite an inability to dribble, and Gillett is not only featuring in commericals with Tiger Woods, but also banging in goals like a pro. He's also getting quicker by the day!

Also, if you are to play them often, make sure not to burn them out!

I've got two youngsters who are basically putting some of my previously starting players on the transfer list. Absolute beasts. In fact, I may have mentioned them on this thread before.

Jimmy Williams and Simon Gillett.

Jimmy Williams is now basically first choice leftback, despite an inability to dribble, and Gillett is not only featuring in commericals with Tiger Woods, but also banging in goals like a pro. He's also getting quicker by the day!

Also, if you are to play them often, make sure not to burn them out!

Fernando was just selected in World Team of the Year, 2nd to Aguero in European Footballer of the Year, 2nd to Aguero in World Footballer of the Year and European Striker of the Year.

44 Apearances 44 Goals 16 Assists Average Rating 7.54 not bad for an 18 year old that is still not garantueed 1st team football.

Fernando was just selected in World Team of the Year, 2nd to Aguero in European Footballer of the Year, 2nd to Aguero in World Footballer of the Year and European Striker of the Year.

44 Apearances 44 Goals 16 Assists Average Rating 7.54 not bad for an 18 year old that is still not garantueed 1st team football.

Reminds me a bit of Eshan Zamani, my rightback.

I bought him as backup. Played him in the Community shield as my first choice was in bloody light training and not worth risking. Never looked back. He now averages around 7.40+ and kicks the crap out of every other rightback in the World. He's still only 21 and by a country mile the best rightback around.

Hopefully the now 18 year old Jimmy Williams can follow suit and make my flanks the best on the planet!

when i was working at fc nantes i saw this kid, when i moved to psv i bought him, at age 15. His stats were so good i used him once in a while in the first team, when i moved to roma, i bought him again, and he was still young enough to be home grown at roma. he was a regular in the first team at 18.

14abdelkrimtrabelsi.png

14abdelkrimtrabelsi2.png

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/meloni1.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/mon2.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/gyy1.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/guy2.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/gunk.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/rom.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/ron.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/sanch.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/griff.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/di.jpg

file:///C:/Users/Eduardo/Pictures/New%20Folder/ant.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I have at least 5 wonderkids in my team, some of which has already turned world-class.

What I've noticed is that these wonderkids suddenly appears on july 1st - the time of their creation. They aren't 16 or 17, they're more likely to be 18-20 years old. So around this date I do a search for players between 17 and 20, and since I have an extensive scouting knowledge and most players in this age has been scouted already, I just take a look at those who are not scouted. I look at their career history, and when I see the combination of good attributes and the new season is their first, I know I've struck gold! Do it on the 1st of july, otherwise you must stand in line and buy them expensively from some other team. Just picked an 18 year old german right winger, and sure enough, after some gametime on loan at Fulham, and 4 games with me, he is now rated as a "wonder-kid"! Beautiful!

I do know what you mean, but that isn't what happened. Why would I need to cheat anyway when at this point I have won every trophy possible for St. Blazey?

Sorry, but those stats are just totally unconvincing. I would like to take a very large bet that those are tampered with regens. Seriously mate, stop saying that there not tampered with because you're making yourself look daft, or maybe everything you're saying is tongue in cheek? In which case, I'll take it all back. ;)

On topic - I rarely seem to find any good regens and I'm running pretty much every league. People have said maybe it's my scouts, well, i can safely say it isn't them, there very good scouts with very good stats. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

• 2 weeks later...
In my opinion:

- Keep them in U18 (or whatever your youth team is) until they're 17/18. Ensure they have good training schedules, but at this time in their career I'd say it's more important they develop as a whole, and focus on becoming a well-rounded player, rather than to excel in their position

- If they're a top prospect, possibly at 17 look to loan them out to someone a few divisions below (maybe L1/L2 or the equivalent of). Don't loan them to someone too high up the pyramid.

- If you choose to keep them, or while waiting for offers: play them in cup games, put them on the subs bench, give them the occasional start in low pressure/unimportant games.

- If they're good, but not world class potential or a wonderkid keep them in the youth team until they're 18, then look to loan them out to a lower team. If they're not good enough to come near the first team, you'd be wasting your time playing them. Usually by 18/19 you can tell if someone is ready or not.

- Once they're in the first team squad, make their training more intensive and make them train with the first team and feel part of the squad. Here focus on training them specifically to be a top player for their position.

- It is essential to avoid burnout. Some players may excel if dropped in at the deep end, but be careful. Monitor their performances closely. If they look to be suffering from nerves, try to mentor them. Give them a player to learn from, and be supportive in your management. Try to ease them in and out of the team, and make it clear that they're a player very much in your plans for the future.

- If they get injured, ensure they recover properly and have more than enough time out. Do not try to over do their physical training to try and get them back to fitness - they're young, and assuming they're not very unfit naturally, they should recover very well.

- If they're an understudy to a player in the first team, it could be a good idea to get the two players to work together in training. When developing a player, it's important that both you and the player know what is wanted in terms of their development, and how you see them being used in future.

Anyone got anything to add/contest?

has there been any evidence to suggest that getting players to train together is benificial? how do you let them know what is wanted in terms of their development in the game?

are you sure at 17 you should still keep them in your youth team? don't they get better training as a pro in the reserves?

With the recent debates of newgens on this forum in recent months it is clear that newgens do have great talent as seen by many peoples pictures.

However as many people have said the more countries/leagues you run the better newgens you will get. I only run a few leagues from one country due to laptop restrictions and it seems like people have said you may not get the very best newgens but why???

As I only play from one country then I can appreciate that I only have a minimal amout of players. But surely the quality newgens should be there but the quantity of newgens (run of the mill) should be far less and surely the original data base should be replaced with similar standard players but this does not seem to be the case.

Are people saying that you have to have a top of the range PC/laptop to get the best newgens and a poor computer will have the opposite results?

I can understand I will not get loads of quality newgens but I would expect to get a decent amount to replace the existing players in order to make the game as realistic and playable down the line.

Can someone please give me a reson for this without saying it is bacause you have a small database and play in one country becasue the database/no of players at the start of the game is fine but why cannot these existing players be replaced with players with similar ability and why therefore do I have to run every league and country under the sun to get these exceptional players. I understand I will not get the quantity but why not the quality - I still have around 10,000 players in the game- its a bad job if I am at a severe disadvantage here.

Cheers. :)

Well, I got this player from Gimnasia La Plata two seasons ago, while I was managing Hull City. Having bought Michael Owen on a free transfer months before, I made him teach Garrone, and it was successful. Well, that's what I think, do you think he developed well?

luisgarrone.png

luisgarrone2.png

He's had a hard time trying to get into the starting eleven when the other strikers are Mirko Vucinic, Oscar Cardozo, Giacomo Beretta and Jô

My West Ham game...currently in 2015 (Sorry about the stupid sized screenies lol):

ashanismithseason7.jpg

His been quite slow to develop but Smith - who came directly from my youth academy - has built up a decent reputation for himself and has performed admirably in the first team.

samuelasareseason7.jpg

He's been an ever-present in my first-team for a couple of seasons now and was classed as a wonderkid before turning 21.

chrisjohnsonseason7.jpg

Another player to come out of my academy, Johnson has been incredible for me and is probably my favourite player. He is already a full international, but despite this his rep is only national and he isn't a wonderkid :confused:

Well, I got this player from Gimnasia La Plata two seasons ago, while I was managing Hull City. Having bought Michael Owen on a free transfer months before, I made him teach Garrone, and it was successful. Well, that's what I think, do you think he developed well?

luisgarrone.png

luisgarrone2.png

He's had a hard time trying to get into the starting eleven when the other strikers are Mirko Vucinic, Oscar Cardozo, Giacomo Beretta and Jô

lol at first glance i thought that was a CB but then i realised the language changes the order of the stats :D

Continued:

pauloseason7.jpg

A truly insane keeper who I signed at 20 years old for £15m. He now has Worldwide rep and is one of the best keepers on my save.

gregboothseason7.jpg

The player I've been wanting to sign since he was 16, I may never get this incredible talent due to my rivalry with his team. Unsurprisingly, he also has Worldwide rep.

Archived