dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC Wimbledon - 2008/2009

Predicted finish: 5th

Final Position: 13

Biggest Attendance: 3039 vs Halifax (Setanta Shield 4th round)

Smallest Attendance: 1860 Vs Bishop's Stortford (Blue Square South)

Biggest Win: 4-0 Vs Weston-super-Mare (Blue Square South)

Biggest Loss: 4-0 Vs Thurrock (Blue Square South)

Seasons Highlight: 3-1 Win against Halifax in the Setanta Shield 4th round after going 1-0 down we scored in the 86th minute and then scored 2 winning goals in extra time. Not bad against a side a divison higher and flying.

Season performance: Well what to say, we started well, then hit a 7 match run of losses, then the season went all wierd after the January update, where we ended up comfortly beating teams in the top 5 then losing to teams struggiling for relegation

League Table

We added 2 new players to the squad, before pulling in a few more players on short term loans. New captain Luke Graham was easily the man of the season for me while Raphael Sylvester was the lead scorer, and only player to reach double figures in goals

Squad

Transfers

As for the Board and Financial side. The good news is i can't see myself getting sacked just yet, but the club has got some very heavy losses to deal with, mainly from players in the team before i arrived on high contracts that i just could not get rid of.

Confidence

Finances

Somehow i don't feel good about next season

Real London Update - Season 1 (2009/2010)

Blue Square South Prediction - 22nd

Blue Square South Position - 8th :eek:

F.A Cup - 2nd Qual. Round

Setanta Shield - S 1st Round

F.A. Trophy - 2nd Round

Blue Square South - Graph | Table

First 13 Games :

| Won | Draw | Lost | GF | GA | GD | Points

0  |   2  |  11  | 13 | 41 |-28 | 2

The rest of the season.....

| Won | Draw | Lost | GF | GA | GD | Points

17  |   5  |   7  | 70 | 48 |+22 | 56

Blue Square South : Unreal, really. 13 games without a win, and then only 7 more losses in 29 games. I amassed more points in the 29 games than any other club, with exception to Crawley. If I had a better start to the season, I would have no doubt finished in the play-off positions, and as it is, only missed out on them by 8 points. Cant complain with the season, a fantastic result in the league, when I was predicted to finish last, and was 12 points behind 2nd bottom after 13 games. Unreal.

F.A Cup : Lost out early to a team I've never heard of. Barton Rovers destroyed me 3-0.

Setanta Shield : Lost 2-0 to lewes in the first round. This was still in the period when the club was playing exceptionally bad.

F.A Trophy : This cup is the only one that I won a game in, in the domestic cups. I beat non-leaguers Lincoln Town, before turning over Thurrock in the 1st round proper, until I eventually went down 3-2 to Prescott Cables in the 2nd round.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Best Elevens : Despite the fact it says Lille played Centerback and scored 27 goals, he didn't. He played Center Mid and scored 13. :confused:

Other Info

Finances

Team Selection

Team Info

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Records

Transfers

Affiliated Clubs

Real London Staff

Awards

Fans Player of the Year : Richard Talbot

New Real London Records

Most Goals in a match : Paul Hardy, 4 Goals.

Players of the Season

Paul Hardy : Loaned in for the season, and almost single handed saved the club from relegation. Top scorer for Real London, and finished 4th in the league charts.

Kirk Butler : Another loaned in for the season. Not as prolific as Hardy, but still did a job, and covered well when Hardy was injured.

Darren Withe : Signed after my top scout recommended him, and he ended up playing a vital role in the center of midfield. finished up with 11 assists.

Season Summary

I'm overjoyed. I've got a great basis for a team now, and hope to bring in some fresh new faces after some relentless scouting. More loans will come in to sure up the squad, but I'm very confident a top 6 finish is in the offing.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 8th place

*Real London were formerly Hendon

*Real London were formally Hendon

Sorry, this has been bugging me for ages.

formally

1.in a formal manner: The store was formally opened on Tuesday.

2.as regards form; in form: It may be formally correct, but it is substantively wrong.

formerly

1.in time past; in an earlier period or age; previously: a custom formerly observed.

2.Obsolete. in time just past; just now

It's the second one you want. I'm probably the only one to spot this, it's just me being incredibly pedantic. ;) Good season, though :thup:. Looks like next season you can play more consistently by starting well.

Definitions from [noparse]www.dictionary.com[/noparse].

Borehamwood. Conference National. January 2011/12. Short and sweet update.

After a 5-0 home victory against AFC Wimbledon in mid October 2011, a run of 9 league games without a victory, (3 draws & 6 losses), was ended when some key players came back from injury & suspension, (and we somehow managed to keep 11 players on the pitch for the full 90 minutes), as we stuffed Kidderminster 4-0 to stop our slippery slide down the table, (17th of 24, 8 points clear of relegation). Having 4 players shown red cards in these 9 games didn't help, but we weren't good even without that:(.

Scott Doch is the top goal-scoer with only 11 goals in 13(15) appearances as we have really struggled this season. I'm still hopeful of avoiding relegation and living to fight another day.

I have had a Dafuges Challenge game going since pre 8.0.2 patch but have not contributed to the forum and my game has got boring after 40 odd seasons so I am going to restart and post my updates.

The game is loading as I post this and I am just about to holiday, have also unticked real players so hopefully with a few people doing this and all starting at same time it is interesting.

Nep. Nice recovery:thup:.

Looking good for next season.

Cracking turn around there Nep - fingers crossed that next season will start the same way this one ended and you can use this form to secure promotion.

Cheers lads. Jimbo - Honestly couldn't have done it without your input :thup:

Its unbelievable the impact loan signings that "weren't" interested in my club had.

As it turns out, I've just got Hardy back on another season long loan. :)

mag man takes over at Margate

mag man re-signs for Margate. After successfully leading Margate to premiership and champions league glory with Margate in FM07 I have been given the task of re-leading Margate to there former glory in FM08.

An extensive period where job applications from potential ass man, coaches, scouts and physios is about to go underway followed by player trials to fill a rather thin squad.

Manager Profile

I got myself a new pc over the weekend so I thought that in the run up to FM09 and my proper assault on this challenge (hopefully), I'd start up an FM08 game and see where I can get to.

So after a season's holidaying, I'm proud introduce the new manager of Hitchin Town:

Brucie Bonus

(Apologies for it being a couple of days late, had forgotten to take a screenshot until after the first 'continue' press).

Initial Club Info

With mostly just 16 year old regens in the squad, I decided to do a bit of shopping whilst also requesting a parent club. I ended up getting Crystal Palace, which I think has turned out quite well so far.

I have to say I haven't attempted this challenge since the release of the 2nd patch, I was quite surprised to find what the quality of loanee that would come to Hitchin. Whilst only being allowed 2 season long loans, I decided to ask whether this guy would like to come on loan to our measely little club and to my shock and delight we got him on a season's loan! :D

The new messiah - Moses

I'm a bit stunned that someone this good would come to BSS, as I'm sure are a few of my opponents!

Unsurprisingly he has been in cracking form for us so far this season, hitting 8 goals in 5 games! :cool:

1st Team Squad

Now I'm just waiting for John Bostock to turn 17 in January so I can put in a cheeky 3 month loan bid for him!!! :D

mag man - Margate 08/09 mini update

So after my post about being unable to win, mainly friendly games i had set up against my lower league rivals and a hammering in the first game of the season, i decided to go for an attacking narrow diamond formation (my recruitment of players failed to find me a single winger).

Some crucial defensive loan players from parent club reading were also bought in and a winning/drawing run of 7 games started.

League after 10 games - 3rd position

Not having much luck with this challenge, i've tried it 3 times and in those times my computer has died, the game has corrupted and then my computer turned off while saving so that games now gone :(

But i will be starting again as the new manager of Boreham Wood:

Here's my profile (well 3 days late)

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=profilert3.png

I signed up and posted for the first time a couple of weeks ago and things were going well for me at Ilkeston Town.... and then someone stole my laptop (with FM2008 CD inside). Gutted. Didn't even have insurance. Looks like my short crack at this challenge is over. At least I was only half way through season 1.... Ill be back for FM2009!!

Halesown Town, Season 1 2008-2009

Exiting start to the season, lots of goals:

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/hassebasse80/Fixtures.jpg

Both my strikers have 4 goals in four games, probably wont last tho :)

Halesowen started with 9 seniorplayers in the squad, so i didnt have to redo the entire team , have signed a couple of "talented" englishmen which provide additional cover

Authenticity. :)

No other reason, really. I like the name Real London for a club, and if I were to do something like this in real life, (IE - create my own club in the Sunday Leagues and try to bring them up through the ranks) - Its what I'd call them. So I just like to go with it. Its obviously quite important that I have a London based team, though :) - and so far I've gotten Wimbledon and Hendon, so its pretty cool.

I've never had a parent club. When I got promoted to PL, I got a few feeder clubs, but no parent club.

I never had a parent club when I played with Maidstone so this is a first for me.

I'm not to sure but in FM07 you were only allowed one parent club and couldn't request a second. In this game I have a parent club and was able to request a second, the board just didnt find anyone.

mag man manages Margate - 2008/09 End of Season Update

League

With losses in nearly all my friendlies to far inferior teams I thought I was in for a tough season with Margate, the 4-1 thumping on the first game of the season did little to help my fear.

Then a few loan signings from parent club Reading and a few free transfers bought in along with an attacking policy adapted there was an immediate change in fortunes. The team went on a 7 games unbeaten streak and then after a single loss the feat was repeated. After 15 or so games we were sitting on the top of the table and stayed there up to the final day. So Margate at there 1st time of asking were League Champions.

End of season summary labelled us overachievers. Media prediction 16th.

League Table

Cup Competitions

FA Cup

2nd Round Qualifying vs Windsor & Eton - Margate suffer a scare against a non league team but come through with a 2-1 win after a harsh team talk.

3rd Round Qualifying vs Wealdstone - Another 2-1 win bringing Margate closer to the FA cup, a late penalty save from the loaned GK ensured Margate went through.

4th Round Qualifying vs Ramsgate - Margate travelled away to rivals Ramsgate knowing a win will send them into the FA cup, with the squad riddled with injuries this was going to be a big ask. A closely fought 1-1 result took the game to a replay.

4th Round Qualifying replay vs Ramsgate - Margate were to strong for Ramsgate at home and the game was wrapped up within the first half, next stop FA cup 1st round. 4-1 win.

1st round vs Rotherham - Margate welcome League 1 side Rotherham to Hartsdown Park. A record crown of 2051 came to watch the game unfortunately Rotherham were to strong. Lost 3-0.

Setanta Shield

1st Round vs Eastleigh - A comfortable 4-2 win despite an early sending off for Margate.

2nd Round vs Welling - 3-0 win, dominated from start to finish. Cup runs taking a toll on my squad with injuries and suspensions.

3rd Round vs Worcestor City - Comfortable win 4-2.

4th Round vs Tamworth - Dramatic equaliser from a Margate freekick made the game 1-1 and took it to extra time. A second penalty shoot out in 3 days, this time a win 5-4 with 10 pens taken by each side.

5th Round vs Cambridge - This game coincided with a drop in form and so the BSP side dominated the game and took away a 3-0 victory.

FA Trophy

3rd Qualifying Round vs Eastbourne - 1-1 draw, nothing exciting. Replay to be played at home.

3rd Qualifying Round replay vs Eastbourne - Margate again showed there home domination with a comfortable 3-0 win.

1st Round vs Altrincham - a 0-0 draw away to a BSP team, hopeful for replay at home.

1st Round replay vs Altrincham - 1-1after full time. Lost on pens 4-2.

Key Players

GK

Jamie Butler - Loaned from Reading

Defenders

Ben Dean - Defender on 3 month loan from Reading, wouldnt come back to Margate when I tried to renew. (14 apps, 5 goals, 2 assists, 3 MoM, 7.43 av. Rat.)

Matt Ramsden - conceded at least 10 pens.

Celal Metin - Loaned from Reading

Joe Evans - Loaned from Reading

Charles Mills - Loaned from Reading

Luke Wright - Club Captain

Midfielders

John Clough - Loaned from Reading, banged in some great freekicks and pens.

Derek Cronin - Loaned from Reading

Stuart Hill - Manager and fans player of the season.

James Rice

Attackers

Paul Brennan

Peter Carter - Club Top Scorer, Runner-up player of the season.

Darren Elliott - Made a great start, missed 6 months of season injured

Josh Rowe - Young striker, played more than I expected, did wel.

Other screenshots

End Season Manager Profile

Squad

Finances

Club Info

Home League Table

Away League Table

League Positions

Best Eleven

Fan Day

Manager of the Season

That took ages :D

Borehamwood. Conference National. End of Season 2011/12 report.

The whole season was a bit of a slog if I'm honest. The early season points that we picked up always kept us ahead of the relegation dog-fight that we were slowly being sucked into.

League Table.

League Graph.

Squad Stats.

Key Players.

Scott Doch. 21 goals in 29(17) appearances for a team that barely escaped relegation was another impressive season. The 19 year old has now scored 74 goals in 48(87) appearances.

Chef. His days as a key member of the squad are numbered. Although he chipped in with a few goals and double figure assists, he left us completely exposed on the left flank and offered us little in terms of going forward from open play. In Conference South the opposition were not good enough to explot this weakness but in Conference National we seem to be getting taken apart down our left every single game. If he was just a little weak physically then it wouldn't be quite so bad but he is simply shocking.

Murphy. He started off as back-up to Chef at left-back and was meant to really just be used from the bench and when Chef was injured/tired. It developed into him becoming my starting ML to make up for Chef's physical deficiancies. I wasn't going to select him on this list but changed my mind when surprisingly he was selected in the Conference National team of the year.

Most highly rated youth players promoted each season.

Scott Doch. Inherited youth player promoted 2009, (1 week before I took over).

Stannard *** 2010

Laws *** 2011

Joe *** 2012

Info. Chef & Scott Doch both listed as favoured personnel.

Finances. Over £500,000 in the bank now so looking good.

Confidence.

Seasonal Best XI.

Overall Best XI.

Transfers 2010. £79,000 profit.

Transfers 2011. £180,000 profit.

Transfers 2012. £300,000 profit.

Next season. My style is to take things nice and slowly, (as long as we progress). I will be looking for something approaching a mid-table finish, but anything above 19th is acceptable. Despite us now having £500,000 in the bank, the board still refuse to give me any transfer budget at all. This sounds a bit strange to me, but it isn't really an issue as I don't planning on paying money for anyone anyway. Would still nice to have the option though.

Jimbo:! - I need your help. For some reason, the option to scout the Reserves is no longer available. :( - I've got 2 new scouts, and theres no option, and the guy thats already scouting the reserves hasn't handed me a response from it in months.

Hopefully you should find that the scout you are looking at is already scouting another domestic competition or he is down to scout your next opponent. He can't do both.

Cancel the other scouting of the other domestic competitions and the scouting next opponent, (but don't cancel scouting England). You should now be able to scout the Reserves again.

It does take a while to get a response sometimes.

You will generally only get a message when he has finished the whole trip, but you can have a look at how he is getting on at any time.

Let me know how you get on.

Archived