dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to use Photobucket for my FM08 A New World thread, but since I lost interest in it maybe I should upload my Wombles career onto Photobucket:D

And roberto, speaking of challenge threads, what happened to the CSE Euro Championships? It's not dead right?:(

Guest roberto922

No it's not dead but I got fed up and now the competitors are dead :D Nah it's getting ridiculous now, all that needs to happen is two people finish their challenges and they'll have a straight pass to the semis ffs

February '08 Update - Hednesford

Results

v Farsley won 3-0

v Harrogate won 3-1

v Droylesden drew 2-2

v Tamworth won 6-1

Again I consider this a successful month. We picked up 10 points out of 12, remianed unbeaten and the last result especially was just what we needed: We dominated from the word 'go'. It took until 57 minutes for them to have a shot and it went in. That would go on to be their only shot of the game as we ran out winners with 72% possession. The highlight of the month was Kirk Hudson; he scored 3 goals in that last match and assisted the 6th, he set up a wonderful goal against Droyelden taking on no less than 3 players and playing an exceptional through ball to veteran midfielder Dino Maamria. Mustapha Hadji was also a joy to watch as he scored two out of the three goals against Farsley and capped the performance with an assist of the third goal. And Finally, the other veteran, Dino Maamria, is the last player to deserve a special mention as he scored that goal against Droylesden, set up two more and scored an absolutely astonishing free kick against Tamworth.

League Table

t_BlueSquareNm_11f4cd7.png

Now we are back in the play off spots comfortably and it looks good for the remaining games we have left. I just hope Hudson can carry on his form.

Got second and third in MoTM and PoTM respectively :D:D

Guest roberto922

I really should stop looking round the boards for ages and get on with the game that's been lying in my taskbar untouched for 3 hours...

Bulfin - Good season so far :thup:

Real London Update - Season 23 (2030/2031)

Premiership Prediction - 4th

Premiership Position - 13th

F.A Cup - 4th Round

League Cup - Winner's

Champions League - Quarter Final

Premiership - Graph | Table

Premiership : This was the season I felt I had the best squad in the league, and the best chance of completing at least one half of the challenge. I was very wrong. Winning 3 of the first 3 games, I would only go on to win 10 more games for the entire season, never winning 2 in a row again. I was extremely frustrated, losing games 2-0 and 3-0 despite dominating, and the downfall of Raul Arguelles as a player is a massive contribution here. Tactically, my team were still brilliant, but they just lacked the confidence all season to convert the chances they had into goals. One game in particular I remember losing 2-0 despite the oppo having 1 shot, 1 on target and myself having 35 shots with 28 on target. I struggled to achieve what the board wanted, which was to qualify for Europe through the league, and 13th place was all I could manage. Very inconsistent, and something I'll need to address this for next season.

F.A Cup : Despite going out early in this Cup, I'm actually happy with the overall performance. Spurs were the club to knock me out, and it was only AET after my club fought hard against the title contenders.

League Cup : League Cup Final - Real London 4 - 3 Blackburn Rovers Saved my season really. An easy 3rd round draw saw me paired up with League 2 Mansfield, and one of my old Youth Projects would return to face me. Unfortunately, he couldn't do much to stop me, and we ran out eventual 2-0 winners, leaving us with a 4th Round draw v Crystal Palace. The minnows that consistently knock me out of Cups. It was time for revenge, and a 6-1 hammering of them was just reward for the hard work we showed in the game. Quarter Final was against League leaders Pompey, but a great display of finishing saw us win 4-2, after being 2-0 down at half time. It was starting to seem as though it was meant to be for us in this Cup. And so a tie against Stoke City in the Semi's for a shot in the final, and a great 4-2 win away saw us pretty much wrap up the tie. Well, nearly. Second leg, and Stoke hold a 2-0 lead with 15 minutes to go, leaving the tie in the balance. 1 Stoke goal now, and the dream is over. 1 Real London goal and its very much on. We did get the 1 goal, along with another from Liam Lamb leaving the tie 6-4 on agg, and Real London would play in their first Cup Final since the English Setanta Shield way back in 2013. Blackburn Rovers, a mid table team were the other finalists, and I was actually quite confident I could walk away victors. Although we made it hard work for ourselves, I was right. 3-1 up at half time, and never looked back. 4-3 at full time, but I never once felt like the tie wasn't ours. Europe for next season was now a certainty, and that gave me a little relief, as it wasn't going to happen in the league.

Champions League : So, my first shot at the Champions League, and I got a very unfortunate draw against Monaco. I was gutted. I felt like a chance of a lifetime had been snatched away from me. A 2-1 win after a 90th minute goal, and a 1-1 draw at The Real London Stadium ensured that Real London would be in the Champions League Proper, and were drawn against :

FBK Kaunus

Sporting Lisbon

AK

The game v Kaunus would see Davidas Sanejavas of Real London return to the club he signed for as a 16 year old. It was also the first game for Real London, and they made history, by winning the game 6-0. Quickly bought back to earth with a 3-1 defeat to Sporting, perhaps getting out of this group would be harder than the first game allowed us to believe. AZ were coming to the Real London stadium, and were leaving 90 minutes later empty handed after a Liam Lamb hattrick gave us a 3-1 win and put is in 2nd spot in the table. The return game offered little difference, but this time all 4 goals scored in the tie went to Real London, and with Sporting destroying Kaunus, 2nd spot was all but tied up for Real London. An away game against Kaunus was next up, with me being very easy going about it, and almost throwing the result away. I fielded a weaker team, and the 2-2 draw was a fair reflection of how the game went. The final group game v Sporting would only decide 1 thing. Weather Real London would finish top of the group, or second, and after the first result, I didn't hold my hopes high. But my team got out there and showed me they are worthy of Top Spot by demolishing Sporting 5-2, with a second Liam Lamb hattrick in the competition.

The first knockout round saw me drawn against Scottish Champs Rangers, and I was quite confident I could beat them. A 3-2 away loss made me very nervy in the second leg, but our class came through and we won the game 4-0 and took the tie 6-3 on agg.

A Champions League Quarter final draw v Real Madrid is what I got. I didn't care. At the moment the team were on a high in the Cups, Ruling everything put infront of them, and a shock 3-1 win at the Bernabau gave Real London massive hope to get to the Semi-Final at the first time of asking. Unfortunately, we fell apart at home losing 3-0, a 90th minute goal stealing the tie away from us, and Real Madrid were eventual winners. A lot of money came in from this competition, and should allow me to strengthen for next season to win the league and get back into the Champions League.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Club Ranking - 40th, (Up 23 places)

Other Info

Finances

Team Selection

Team Info

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Records

Transfers

Affiliated Clubs

Real London Staff

Awards

Champions League Best Player, 3rd Place - Liam Lamb

Champions League Dream team - 3 Players

Champions League Golden Boot Winner - Liam Lamb

Manager of the Year, 3rd Place - NepentheZ

Real London Fans Player of the Year - Liam Lamb

English Player of the Year, 3rd Place - Edguardo

English Team of the Year - 2 Players

Young Player of the Year, 3rd Place - Youth Project 19

New Real London Records

Average Attendace Broken - 35,711[/url]

Players of the Season

Liam Lamb - Top scorer. Champs League Golden Boot winner. One of the better players for me in a poor season

- I was stupid enough to underestimate his ability this season, and played him in rotation with a couple other strikers. He still managed to bang in an incredable amount of goals, and even signed a new 4 year deal.

Season Summary

Disappointing. I really need to sort the tactics out for next season to do better in the league. The Champs League and League Cup were obviously great successes this season, but 13th in the League just isn't good enough.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 6th place

Season 2 - Blue Square South - 3rd place

Season 3 - Blue Square South - 2nd place, Promoted

Season 4 - Blue Square Premier - 12th place

Season 5 - Blue Square Premier - 18th place, F.A Trophy Winners

Season 6 - Blue Square Premier - 7th place, Setanta Shield Runner-Up

Season 7 - Blue Square Premier - 4th place

Season 8 - Blue Square Premier - 5th place, Promoted

Season 9 - Coca-Cola League 2 - 16th place

Season 10 - Coca-Cola League 2 - 3rd place, Promoted

Season 11 - Coca-Cola League 1 - 4th place

Season 12 - Coca-Cola League 1 - 17th place

Season 13 - Coca-Cola League 1 - 3rd place

Season 14 - Coca-Cola League 1 - 4th place, Promoted

Season 15 - Championship - 14th place

Season 16 - Championship - 10th place

Season 17 - Championship - 3rd place, Lost in Play-Off Final (v Crystal Palace)

Season 18 - Championship - 2nd place, Promoted

Season 19 - Premiership - 13th place

Season 20 - Premiership - 6th place

Season 21 - Premiership - 7th place

Season 22 - Premiership - 4th place

Season 23 - Premiership - 13th place

*Real London were formally AFC Wimbledon

Guest roberto922

AFC Wimbledon January Update - Season 8 (2015/2016)

To Begin....

The training facilities are now rated as good after the recent improvements. This season wages have gone way, way up. The signings that have come in are taking up alot of money but it'll be worth it if we continue playing to our current standard.

Premiership Prediction - 20th

Premiership Position - 6th

F.A Cup - Third Round (Hartlepool 9/1/2016)

League Cup - Quarter Final (Defeated by Liverpool)

Premiership - Graph - Table

Premiership: A solid season so far, we've exceeded expectations and we look like we could be in Europe, probably through the Euro Vase as we're now on a downward slide in form, theres been a couple of players that have struggled to adapt to the Premiership but I'll see how they get on through the season before making any decisions.

League Cup : We got the furthest we've ever got this season, we got to the quarter final before falling to Liverpool, conceding a late goal to send us out.

Other Info

Finances

Squad

Team Info

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Player Records

Team Records

Transfers

Season Summary so far

Everythings been going good so far and I remain hopeful that we can get into Europe this season, even if we don't we've still had a good season and can go on to next season with confidence. The youngsters are coming along nicely, the Germans in particular have been very good so the future looks bright too so smiles all around.

Tiverton Town 2008-09 – Blue Square South – 18th

We went into the season severely understaffed (no staff) and with only 5 players (all under 20). Pre- season was spent arranging a makeshift squad of free transfers and loanees. After a mixed pre-season where we won only one, drew two and lost two, the league campaign began.

Transfers: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=Ky5ccWcEfm1OJOxTlO6Euw%3D%3D

League: 18th: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=Ky5ccWcEfm0Tk46DFhdd9w%3D%3D

FA Cup: 2nd qualifying round

FA Trophy: 3rd Qualifying round

Setanta Shield: 3rd Round South

Overall I was quite pleased with the result of this season; we achieved the aim of staying up, got a few good players in and look well set for next season. In the league, we started poorly and were in the relegation zone until Christmas before we pulled out of it during January and February. In the cups, we could have done better losing out in our first match in both the FA Cup and Trophy including a humiliating loss to Hillingdon in the FA Cup, Some of our best players were: Ashley Barnes, who was our top scorer and nominated for BSS player of the year scoring 29 times in 39 games on loan from Plymouth; another loanee Matt Taylor consistently held a crumbling defence together; Paul Jarvis arrived on a free and showed that he is too good for this division with some brilliant performances in centre midfield; and Donal McDermott did brilliantly scoring 15 goals in 16 games towards the back end of the season.

Next Season Targets

1) Win more away matches

2) Do better in the cups

3) Rely less on loanees

4) Finish in the top half of the table

Ashley Barnes: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=Ky5ccWcEfm0n%2Fe47jUhPTA%3D%3D

Donal McDermott: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=Ky5ccWcEfm2nvfY94ZfnhA%3D%3D

Matt Taylor http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=Ky5ccWcEfm3%2FBqt0oyfhPg%3D%3D

Decided to start this again last night and i went with Halesowen but when i went to play this morning the save had corrupted. So i started again although i wanted a team with a rep lower than 1000 i forgot to save it before the 19th June so had to go with a team with a rep higher than 1000.

So i ended up with Guiseley.

Nep - Unlucky on that season, it seemed that you were well on course for your first title. Any idea what might have caused the drop in performance?

roberto -Doing well so far, hopefully you'll be challenging for a European place come the end of the season.

Nep - Unlucky on that season, it seemed that you were well on course for your first title. Any idea what might have caused the drop in performance?

Nope. I had basically the same team as the season before, but more experienced. I only had 2 new 1st team players, so it wasn't because they didn't gell. I think the biggest thing was that Raul Arguelles hit 31 years old, and his performances dropped massively, and they were key the season before.

April '08 Update - Hednesford

Results

v Hyde won 2-0

v Barrow drew 1-1

v Gateshead lost 4-1

This was yet another disappointing month for us. We started well but faded away as the matches came. Charlie Macdonald deserves a special mention aswell. His work rate and overall skill was invaluable to us. That Hyde match could have easily outshone the rest of the month had we put away our chances. We dominated from the start and Hyde never got a sniff of the ball, if only we could do this every match.

Again no League table this time: I've progressed a little further. sorry.gif

I can however, tell you that I'm 5th going into the last game of the season and 1 point clear of 6th. Hopefully we make the playoffs. Leigh RMI have won the league aswell.

May '08 update - Hednesford

Results

v Blyth Spartans drew 1-1

v Kettering (play-off leg one) lost 2-1

v Kettering (play-off leg two) won 3-1

v Boston (play-off final) won 2-0

League Table

t_BlueSquareNm_a98e010.png

Ohh what a month for us. Promotion! We did it all against the odds aswell, which just makes it that bit sweeter. That Blyth match was tense though, Barrow were 2-0 up and we were still drawing. That result would have seen us take 6th, a place no-one wanted as it generally means you were close to the play-offs, just that little bit short. However, in the dying minutes of the game AFC Telford did us a huge favour and scored two to send us into the play-offs. We were overjoyed and everyone at Hednesford and it was a memorable day for the fans. However, promotion was not done yet. We had to win three more matches for that to happen. So I told the lads after the game that I was pleased and answered the media by saying we were only half way there. Then up cam Kettering, we had a tough first leg at our place where I thought we needed the added advantage of being in a good position to go into the away leg. The result was a 2-1 loss. I think the problem started when we let Westcarr go for the first time. After that he just ran us ragged and we paid the price dearly. We were kept in with a shout for the second leg after Kirk Hudson latched onto a crossfield ball by Simon Rusk and smashed int into the top corner. Then in the second leg I switched my tactic into a counter attacking one and it worked a treat with us actually dominating instead of inviting them onto us . We also kept Westcarr fairly quiet, this tme he only scored one goal as my counter attacking tactic has an ultra deep defence so his only advantage that he had over our DC was taken away from him. Charlie Macdonald, Charles Ademeno and Stuart Thurgood all scored our goals, Thurgood adding to his free kick highlight reel with another stunner into the top corner. Now, the final. We were drawn against Boston after they won their semi final. It wasn't really as dramatic as I expected/wanted. It was just a simple passing game, a few one twos and the goals were nothing special. All in all I would want the Kettering match to be our final it was that bad. I did however, claim the second place in manager of the year and was delighted with that considering I finished 5th and got through via play-offs. Leigh RMI manager got the top spot though. The squad got paid £40K between them and we didn't get a penny for being promoted, gutted.

Season 5

Chelmsford 2012/13 Coca-Cola League 1

After our surprise promotion via the playoffs last season, the bookies were writing us off again, claiming that we would do well to stay in the division. After over-acheiving for the past few seasons, we were in danger of being found out in this league.

In the transfer window, I concentrated on strengthening the weak spots in the team. In came Israeli youngster Haim Sabag, French defender Jerome Gohel and Brazilian keeper Luiz Carlos. We also managed to retain the impressive Ryan Preece on loan from Birmingham who was joined by powerful defender Jay-Emmanuel Thomas from new parent club Arsenal and striker Luca Senicanin from Sheffield United. However, one big loss to our squad was tricky winger Dennis Hinton to divisional rivals Hull City in a 500K deal.

Transfers

A very exciting season where we surprised a lot of people, including myself. We started off our campaign slowly, floating around mid-table for the early parts of the season. A bad patch of form early on led to a run of 7 games without a win, including 5 games drawn in a row but after an away defeat to Wolves in November, we would only lose two more games in the league all season. While we picked up points, other teams at the top dropped points and in the end, our fantastic season culminated in a second place finish and promotion to the Coca-Cola Championship.

Coca-Cola League One

Captain Consistancy Matt Fish was fantastic again and was rewarded in the Players Select and I picked up 3rd place in the Manager of the Season Award

Notable mentions go to Joe Tomkins who began to live up to his price tag, Danny Ward, who was forced to play in a very unselfish right wing role for much of the season and Lachezar Petrov whose magical left boot contributed towards 24 goals.

Squad I Finances I Fans Player I Season XI I Overall XI

Guest roberto922

Premiership Prediction - 20th

Premiership Position - 7th

F.A Cup - 6th Round

League Cup - Quarter Final

Premiership - Graph | Table

Premiership : We completely exceeded my expectations this season, to finish so high in our first season was fantastic and meant that we got £14.5m for our finishing position :D. The vast majority of our players adapted well to the Premiership although there were a couple (notably John Simpson.) It was a very good season for transfers and I hope to build on that next season.

F.A Cup : We achieved our best run yet in the FA Cup, we reached the sixth round before going out to Reading 2-1.

League Cup : Another good run in the cup, we reached the Quarter Final but went out against Liverpool 1-0

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Other Info

Finances

Squad

Team Info

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Transfers

Season Summary

Fantastic Season, we'll definitely be looking to build on this and get top 6 next year. I'm pretty sure we've got the Euro Vase place next season so I'm hoping to do well next season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the relative shortness but I'm short on time (Just spent 3 hours doing my ICT Project, though I still found time to scour the forums :D)

I started a new game but realised its been in keeping with the rules. Am I ok to enter, even though my profile is from 29th September?

That's fine. The profile screenshot is really just a check to make sure the original instructions have been followed. Your profile won't change much in the first few months (or years) so you should be fine.

Archived