dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

How dare you! :D It's the year of returns as Wojniech Sczesczny is set to return in January for a fee of 250k. We are currently 7th in the table.

At least the media isn't as stupid as last couple years (but still pretty dumb:D) as they predict us to be 15th and NOT 24th like the 2 previous years. However, Sky Bet is a bit more accurate, considering AFC Wimbledon the 6th best team in the league:)

Hope this will be a good season and we can finish in the top 3:)

yay I finally have found some defenders who can defend! Which means that I should be winning close games now! No, my strikers have decided against being good and all 4 of them have injuries :(

I was hoping for a top half finish, but the start so far hasn't been too good (even though I've won 4-0 and 6-1 already , but that was before the inuries).

I'm hoping I can get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup again this season, as that really helped my finances, but I'll have to hope for a lucky draw again.

nope. I used to do backups, then i didn't for this one. arg. I'll guess I'll start again. -_-

Since seeing that a lot of people have had problems with games not loading, I've started keeping backups just in case, but thankfully it's not happened to me yet.

Gutted for you though, I can understand how annoying it must be to lose all that hard work.

I know this is overkill but I used to keep a save from every single month on my dafuge save so that when any bugs cropped up I could give the testing team everything they wanted.

I'll probably do the same again with FM09. There is nothing so soul destroying as losing a long term game to a corrupt save when you haven't got a back-up.

Guest roberto922

I really am lazy :D I waited until someone posted here so I didn't have to look through my subscribed threads :D

I'm having a cracking season so far, I'm in October so the mid season update should come today or tomorrow

Cheers rancer890.

By the way, are we allowed to sign players via the transfers screen? For instance, a Swedish team has released a keeper who is willing to go on trial (I managed to brainwash him by spiking his cup of tea), I am allowed to sign him through these means right?

Cheers rancer890.

By the way, are we allowed to sign players via the transfers screen? For instance, a Swedish team has released a keeper who is willing to go on trial (I managed to brainwash him by spiking his cup of tea), I am allowed to sign him through these means right?

Yeah, you can trial anyone who you can't scout.

King's Lynn - Blue Square Premier Season 2011-12

Transfers:

Again given a massive transfer budget of bugger all, we had to rely on free signings. Carl Regan came from Blue Square South side Salisbury and slipped right into the right back position left vacant by Matt Jackon's retirement. The versatile former Grays' player Ernie Cooksey also came on a free and was an important cog in the side as well. Outside of this, striker Dexter Ravenhill came from Histon having scored twenty in the Conference North the year before last, whilst veteran Darren Huckerby made a permanant move from Norwich after his contract expired. Young defenders Ronnie Dailly and Russell Bosnar came on frees to help solidify the weak point of the side.

Norwich again were generous in their loans as centre back Matthew Fry and left-back Nick Taylor came for the season, whilst Danny Sturgess returned to the club on loan and highly rated Ukranian winger Miroslav Slavov also came for the season.

Despite announcing that he'd play on to the new year, Mustapha Hadji was replaced as club captain by hard-working midfielder Sam Tuttnott, whilst Lewis Alessandra was named his deputy. (Transfers)

The League:

Whilst it was only an improvement of two places, it was a much better season all around the board as we scored slightly more and conceeded a lot less goals. A finish of sixteenth was completely satisfactory given the non-existent resources handed to us and we are becoming less reliant on loan signings - hopefully they will just become the icing on the cake as we push for a top half finish next season. The highlights of the season were a 4-0 win over eventually fourth placed finishers Crawley, a 2-0 win over eventual winners Kettering and a 2-1 win over ninth placed Dorchester.

Cups:

Cup success is what will make this club prosper - and another exceptional FA Cup run was just what the doctor ordered - including an unbelievable 2-1 win over an understrength Aston Villa in the 3rd round. Other scalps were hard-fought wins over League One side Swansea and Championship side Blackpool. The dream run came to an abrupt end in the 5th round at home to Blackburn - the Linnetts going down 6-0. We also made the main draw of the other major competitions - losing in the 4th round of the Setanta Shield and the 3rd round of the FA Trophy; both times on penalties.

Season Results:

League - 16th (12-21-13) - League Table - Media Prediction: 23rd, Bookies Odds: 81-1.

FA Cup - 5th Round (0-6 vs. Blackburn)

FA Trophy - 3rd Round (2-2 (1-2 on penalties) vs. Halifax)

Setanta Shield - 4th Round (0-0 (3-4 on penalties) vs. Blyth)

Players:

Loan signing Miroslav Slavov was crucial on the right-wing in his 48 appearances for the season. The winger scored eight and had a hand in twelve as he and Robert Eagle were an exceptional combination on opposite flanks. The former Norwich left-winger Eagle scored six goals in his 36 starts and also assisted in seven. Striker-wise, vice-captain Lewis Alessandra had an inconsistent season, but his record shows an impressive fifteen goals from 27 starts whilst he also had six assists. Young gun Danny Sturgess was the first-choice striker with fifteen goals in 38 starts in an impressive showing. Mention must also be made to club legend Mustapha Hadji who finished his career in January at the club after 125 league appearances for the club after a career spanning nearly 20 years and an even 500 league appearances.

Manager Overview

Finances

Confidence

Club Information

Stats

Records

Best XI | Overall XI

Muller nails third in the Blue Square Premier Manager of the Year :D

English Premier League - Liverpool

FA Cup - Blackburn 1-3 Portsmouth

Carling Cup - Arsenal 4-0 Chelsea

Community Shield - Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Oldham 1-2 Swindon

FA Trophy - Port Vale 3-1 Exeter

Setanta Shield - Histon 2-4 Exeter

UEFA Champions League - Man Utd 0-0 Real Madrid (Man Utd won 3-0 on penalties)

UEFA Cup - Arsenal 1-0 AC Milan

Conclusion/Looking Ahead

Hoping to capitalise on a good season to push for a top-half finish next year. With over one million in the bank, I'll be very unhappy - but we've shown we can survive. May find some big offers for Bosnar and Tuttnott which I hope to be able to fend off. Also, Darren Huckerby has announced he will retire before the 2012-13 season after 562 career appearances and 145 goals.

I'm in December so I will hopefully have an update at some time tonight

Looking forward to seeing your update.

I have decided that an AFC Wimbledon game won't be happening for me now. I went back to my NI game for just a quick look and have fallen straight back into it, so will be having another bash with that for a while.

I have completely aped Mongrel's format for my first post so I hope that is acceptable and thanks to him ;)

AFC Wimbledon - Blue Square South Season 2008-09

Transfers:

I knew I had drastic changes to make looking at my lackluster AFC Wimbledon squad. While I had no doubts that they would compete in the BSS, it would be difficult to obtain promotion with the players I was given. We splashed the cash on American striker Jon-Paul Pittman for $150k from Crawley. All other transfers arrived on a free after they were let go by their previous teams.

A key to the success this season was my feeder club affiliation with Arsenal. The Gunners provided me with some of their young starlets to nuture, and Rhys Murphy, Havard Nordtveit, and Gavin Hoyte would soon become fan favorites amongst the Wimbledon faithful.

Squad

The League:

We cruised to victory in the league, finishing with over 100 points and a goal difference of +75. Losing only 5 times, it was never really in doubt as we finished 22 points above Hampton and Richmond in second place. However, it was to be Ebbsfleet who would win the chance to be promoted with us in the playoffs.

Cups:

AFC Wimbledon had little success in the FA Cup and Setanta Shield, disappointing our supporters with poor showings in both Cups. However, a sparkling run in the FA Trophy competition would soon make them forget about our failures in the previous two cups. Wimbledon did very well to reach the final (beating several Blue Square Premier teams along the way), before stuttering and ultimately succumbing to Kettering on penalties. A disappointing result, but the money earned from progressing so far in these cups will go a long way to helping fortify the squad for the BSP next season.

Season Results:

League - 1st (34-3-5) - League Table

FA Trophy - Final (2-2 (4-5 on penalties) vs. Kettering) - Competition Stats

Players:

Rhys Murphy was a revelation at striker, poaching 37 goals and 10 assists in 33 league appearances. Jon-Paul Pittman offered a great return on the money invested in him as well, grabbing 24 goals and 12 assists in 33 league matches. The young centerback pair of Christopher Fisher and Mitchell Nelson both played admirably under such pressure all year and both have been drawing multiple transfer inquiries as of late. Wingers Mustapha Hadji and Patrick Bexfield both performed well but these are areas that will have to be inspected closely ahead of next season.

The real surprise of the season was Charley Hearn, who is highly rated by my coaching staff despite what appears to me to be some rather modest ratings. He was unstoppable playing on the left side of central midfield however, contributing 15 goals and 27 assists in 36 league matches. He is a player who handles pressure very poorly however; will he be able to cope with the spotlight at a higher level of play next season?

First-choice Goalkeeper Jon Stewart, while capable, was not impressive in his first season for the club and his is a position that will have to be addressed with a move up to the BSP.

Confidence

Bussen tops Manager of the Year List

Pittman and Hearn for Player of the Year

Conclusion/Looking Ahead

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better first season. Grabbed some talented young players as well as crafty veterans on frees and cruised through the BSS with little trouble. Disappointed in my two failed cup runs but I can't complain overall as the squad doesn't have much depth and promotion was my number one goal for the season.

Some bad news at the conclusion of this season however as Rhys Murphy has refused to renew his loan to Wimbledon for next season. Nordtveit accepted our loan proposal but lots of teams (Man United, Villa), have been sniffing around him so hopefully Arsenal hold onto him for now. Hoyte is also happy to return, something that will no doubt cheer the Wimbledon faithful ahead of next season.

I have asked the board to expand our training facilities several times and they are beginning to get annoyed with my constant proposals :( May have to wait until our financial situation is a bit more stable before I ask again.

Number one need for next season is a capable goalkeeper. I may have to look towards getting somebody on season-long loan because the transfer market isn't looking good for keepers. I would also like to sign some more capable wingers and grab some backups as I don't know how much longer some of the club's aging veterans can keep playing (*ahem* Hadji).

Actually, just to leave you hanging, I have managed to sign a spectacular young winger for loads of money. Will update with transfer information soon. Still looking for a keeper though...

Guest roberto922

AFC Wimbledon January Update - Season 7 (2014/2015)

To Begin....

My stadium has been expanded again, we now have a capacity of 9400 which means we have a half decent capacity at last. The youth facilities are also upgraded and are now average.

Championship Prediction - 24th

Championship Position - 5th

F.A Cup - Third Round (Nottm Forest 3/1/15

League Cup - 3rd Round (Defeated by Fulham)

Championship - Graph - Table

Championship : A brilliant season so far, we look like surprise contenders for promotion and I'll be absolutely delighted if we do but just to be in contention in my first Championship season is a great achievement. If we don't I'm confident that we'll go up next year so it's all good.

League Cup : I won't go into detail but we travelled to Bristol City in the 1st round and came away with a 3-1 win. We then entertained Chesterfield and finished the match with a 2-1 win on penalties after drawing the first 120 minutes 2-2. And now to our failure, we travelled to Top (sniggers) premiership side Fulham hoping for a decent result, to be honest we did what was expected and put up a fight as we lost 2-1, the final goal coming up in the 92nd minute after we had equalized in the 80th minute... Ok I went into detail :rolleyes:

Other Info

Finances

Squad

Team Info

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Player Records

Team Records

Transfers :-

Fantastic season as far as transfers are concerned.

Ole Soderberg - He's been alright so far but not very good, I've got a new goalkeeper in to replace him anyway so it's all good.

Danny Woodards - I brought him in as a first choice but he has since turned into good back u due to Davis playing well.

Patrick Boyle - I was delighted when we got Paddy in and so far he has lived up to his reputation, it looks like he has a great future ahead of him and could be our first choice left back for year to come

Pedro - History - Finally! What an epic journey this was, so far he's been rotating with Kareem Phillips, mainly due to me forgetting to ignore my assistant who keeps putting Phillips in! I'm just delighted to have him in though and I think he'll be with us until he retires.

Rui Fonte - At last the two season wonder has realised we're good enough for him, so far he's played very well and looks like he'll be competing with John Simpson for the top scorer award.

Wojniech Sczcesny - Yet another Arsenal youngster has signed and boy do we need him, Soderberg might be good as far as attributes are concerned but otherwise... anyway Sczcesny has been top for me every other time I've signed him and I'm sure he will be this season too.

George Krenn - A good young defensive midfielder that could turn out to be brilliant or terrible.

I'll discuss the other signings in the Young stars to watch section.

Players of the Season

Season Summary so far

Everythings been going good so far and I remain hopeful that we can get promoted this season, even if we don't we've still had a good season and can go on to next season with confidence. The youngsters are coming along nicely, the Germans in particular have been very good so the future looks bright too so smiles all around.

The players to watch section will be in the proper season review

I always like combining a bit of update styles from everyone (including Nep:p) and then add something that no one uses in their own updates (parent/feeder club info, highlights/lowlights of the season):D

And roberto, looking good so far in the Championship:thup:

Signing on fees, construction costs and more wages. I'll make it back as we progress in the cups hopefully.

Oh ya, nearly forgot about signing fees. Never gave a player on my team one yet:D

My season looks ok, mid table as usual. I think we can obviously do better, but I want a stadium upgrade before entering L1...

My wages are around 1.5 to 1.7 million annually.

500k sign on fee for Rui Fonte

Half a million?:eek: (I assume British pounds so around US$1 million, 1/5 of how much money I have right now lol)

I'm cheap lol. I only sign players on a free and sell them for profit when I find someone as good, if not better:D

Only 8 more goals from Scott Rhodes and we will pocket an extra US$110k:D

Archived