dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rashidi1:

MachinegunHead Good luck next season.

Thanks mate, I'll need it according to Sky Bet.

Although I think the transfer market swung in my direction this pre-season. This guy I've been keeping track of since midway through my first season was released on a free. Luckily I had just offloaded a heap of dead weight, allowing me to finally capture young Magnus Nilsen. He really pushed it with the contract, but from his three friendly appearances, he has really impressed. Especially seeing as this is the first time Matlock have had a keeper. I've had to loan players in or have my youth keepers stand in whilst I scour the market for someone who doesn't let in silly goals.

My team now has some fantastic depth, with some experience, a fair bit of youth, and a hell of a lot of pace. I'm just waiting to see who Sheffield United decide to loan me this season.

Originally posted by sydneytilidie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by acidmonkey:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sydneytilidie:

Now I'm new to these forums, so I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this beforehand, but I'm wondering if it would be in bad taste for me to tamper with certain teams promotion chances?

I REALLY want to manage as Cirencester Town, but they have a reputation of 750, so their promotion is unlikely.

Hence, I intend to tweak their chances a little by taking charge of their parent clubs (Swindon and Cheltenham) and sending players to the affiliated clubs (being Cirencester, of course).

So far i've managed to loan out a very good first team striker out and some decent league 1 reserve players. I think their chances of promotion will now be greatly enhanced.

Does this sound like a good idea to you guys, and am I breaking some kind of rules by doing this?

i dont think its allowed but if theres no problem i would like to ask the legiticmy of me switching a team in the list of sides in the unibond prem with my local non-league club sunderland-nissan, i would like to do this challenge so if its not 'legit' ill take over gateshead again when the patch comes out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not allowed, this challenge was designed to be played without anyone changing anything at all in the database. Although there is clearly no advantage to be had, no editing has to mean no editing what so ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about my idea dafuge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like your thinking, but sadly this wouldn't be allowed.

approaching the end of my second season with AFC wimbledon . not looking good . played 17 games and sitting 8th in the league with 52 points . mass clear out is going to take place at the end of seasona s i have a lot of dead wood on my books , and this should free up my wage budget for some good exp players icon_smile.gif

3Sixty's Chippenham town update 2014-2015

Top draw season, dead pleased.

Table

A very respectable position for our first season in the championship.

Had a slight blip in form during mid-season, but all was well in the end.

Imageshack is playing up, so I'll be back later with more screenies and play off news.

Just played my 2 semi final legs.

1st leg was at home,thought i would go as attacking as possible.

Proved to work out as we won 1-0 thanks to Jakub Sylvestr my January signing who has been immense.

2nd leg, away at notts forrest was never going to be easy, played with 10 men behind the halfway line, ground it out for 75mins, was prepering for some time wasting tactics when out of nowhere Jakub popped up to score another goal to make the tie comfortable.

On to the final.

Anyone else notice that the board/fans seem to just pick on a player for the sake of it - they don't seem to be impressed by the left winger I have on loan, but do they not realise he's not costing me a penny and has been played out of position to save someone more important getting injured (they did the same thing in the previous season with a youngster who sat on the bench and only came on for injury/tiredness).

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

Anyone else notice that the board/fans seem to just pick on a player for the sake of it - they don't seem to be impressed by the left winger I have on loan, but do they not realise he's not costing me a penny and has been played out of position to save someone more important getting injured (they did the same thing in the previous season with a youngster who sat on the bench and only came on for injury/tiredness).

My fans were doing that with a loan player last season.

Jsar's Chippenham Town End of Season Update 18/19 Season

All in all a great season managed to stay in the top half for most of the season and eventually finnished in 6th place and after some hard fought games in the play offs got promoted to the championship.

League table

League Graph

Season Summary

Player Stats

Manager of the Year

these results where inspired by Fans player of the year Kris Renton yet again.

and also Karl Popech who set this New record. unfortuantly he became a transfer target for many clubs after this season and wanted to move to a bigger club, much as the 300k offers where tempting i managed to convince him that he should stay at the club, only for him to refuse a new contract and move on a free. icon_mad.gif

I did however get a New contract and a New stadium

Played on late through the night and have actually finnished my 19/20 season as well now so will take screenies and post the results shortly, it is safe to say the first season in the championship has been hell of a big step and very tough.

Play off final.

Heading into this, i had never come close to beating Spurs, thought i stood no chance.

A defensive counter attacking game from us saw us coming out victors 2-1, both goals coming from corners, but they all count.

Still no screenies, a mix between slow internet and imageshack giving me problems today icon_frown.gif.

Ill try and get some screenies up of players etc tomorrow.

Untill then, see you all in the Premiership.

I trialled and signed a young Bermudan striker 4 seasons ago called Jamie Bean and now despite my awful training facilities, my ass man highly rates him.

I managed to slap on a high asking price during the summer transfer window, and now I have vultures circling again. I really dont want to let him go, but dont want him to possibly get annoyed if I turn down offers, so I am having to put a stupid asking price on him.

I am petrified a club will come back agreeing to my demands, and that the player will then want to go, or the chairman will just accept on my behalf. We have close to £1Million in the bank due to a cup run last season, so money isnt a huge issue for the club.

I just dont want my best ever signing (and I did/do have some great Bulgarian strikers too) to leave so soon.

OK, so what's going on with the counter attacking option.

Two consecutive games now, been leading 1-0 with 20 minutes to go, switched to Defensive minded Counter Attacking, with direct balls to my Target Man to flick on for a pacey striker.

First game (a cup replay) we concede in the last minute and go on to concede another 3 in extra time.

Second game (league) we're hit twice on the break ffs to lose 2-1.

Something smells here.

Originally posted by 3Sixty:

I have a new contract.

New stadium.

Can scout lots of places.

13M transfer budget.

Life is good.

got all but the last 2 for my second season in the championship, but life is far from good icon_frown.gif the new stadium straight after back to back increases in size of the old one means i am paying back some monster loans so i have no transfer budget, a very limited wage budget and a 90% of my good players went at in the last 12 months.

life is very very bad. can see myself slipping back down to league one this season icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by jack.browne:

Is it alright to still join, even though im a bit later than everybody else?

Of course, it's never too late.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people (including myself) waiting for the patch before starting again.

After narrowly missing the playoffs last season i have gone and made some really strong signings over the summer. A centre half from Exeter and another who was a hero for me in last years challenge have both been bought in to sort our defensive problems. In attack I've bought in Tom Webb who last season topped the scoring charts in the Conference North and looks a good partner to Andy Caton.

I also managed to get Joe Mason back on loan from my parent club Plymouth along with a right winger who will fill the spot vacated by Cherno Samba who left Plymouth and i was unable to sign him to a full time deal.

I have started at Margate but wont be able to post any screenies until sunday when i get the internet on my laptop, but have all neccesary screenshots saved for when i can get them on here.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brencamb:

Something I discovered that I found quite funny...

"A Particular Highlight" icon_biggrin.gif

The same thing happened to me last season, the board spent the whole season banging on about my performance in the Carling Cup, despite me losing on penalties in my first match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, either the boards are far too easily pleased or will sack you for not fulfilling their expectations to the letter icon_smile.gif

Now they've started saying the same thing about the team's performance in the BSS. Oh well, at least someone's looking into it.

Game update: I was sacked (obviously, as I was relegated), but I thought I may as well go on as far as to see who would employ me, if anyone.

Turns out Tiverton Town were stupid enough icon_smile.gif

I shalln't give them a go, I'll wait for the patch methinks.

Originally posted by jsar:

Jsar's Chippenham Town End of Season Update 18/19 Season

All in all a great season managed to stay in the top half for most of the season and eventually finnished in 6th place and after some hard fought games in the play offs got promoted to the championship.

League table

League Graph

Season Summary

Player Stats

Manager of the Year

these results where inspired by Fans player of the year Kris Renton yet again.

and also Karl Popech who set this New record. unfortuantly he became a transfer target for many clubs after this season and wanted to move to a bigger club, much as the 300k offers where tempting i managed to convince him that he should stay at the club, only for him to refuse a new contract and move on a free. icon_mad.gif

I did however get a New contract and a New stadium

Played on late through the night and have actually finnished my 19/20 season as well now so will take screenies and post the results shortly, it is safe to say the first season in the championship has been hell of a big step and very tough.

I see you have Michael Noone too. For me he is the best player on the game. Not though for his match contributions though but for all the text commentary on what he does.

Every goal he scores sees the text Noone scored that goal, or Caton scores from a cross from Noone.

I had him onFM07. I have him in my team now. It still brings a smile every time icon_wink.gif

Carshalton 09/10 BSP end of season update

Absolute tear jerker this one. Finished 7th, three points outside the playoffs which I'm cursing due to five straight defeats mid-season where following two big losses I freaked out and butchered my tactis. icon_frown.gif

Couple of old guns in the bag for next season following releases from fizzy pop league teams so here's hoping I can get two promotions in three seasons. icon_smile.gif

Annihilator666 - Merthyr Tydfil - Season 08/09 - Blue Square South

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Top Scorer - Andrew Mangan

Fans' Player of the Year - Andrew Mangan

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Excellent season overall, finishing comfortably in 2nd place. Won the first leg of the Playoff Semi-Final 2-0, but my team decided to play like muppets in the return leg, duly losing 3-0. icon_frown.gif

Chippenham Town - 2010/11 - Blue Square Premier

Really a bit surprised here, as pre-season I figured we'd be in the lower half of the table. As it was, we stayed around mid-table pretty much all season (if towards the lower end of that), and ended up in 10th place, distant from the playoffs, but a great performance for our first season in the Blue Square Premier. For the next season, I've promised a title challenge, so we're going to have to perform...

Final table Graph

Results p3

Also, a surprising winner to the Premier League, with Portsmouth picking up their first title since 1950, and Manchester United just sneaking into the UEFA Cup.

EPL Table

I'm all fired up for next season, all set to go for league football!

Now here is what i think is a first for the challenge. Young Mark Larkin who was at the club when i took over as one of the 16 year old youth regens has been called up to and capped for the Ireland Under 21's icon_eek.gif

He has been fairly solid for me and first choice for my previous 2 seasons although is now only a bench player. Not great stats but good to see a youth player go to international level. Since then he has played 3 more times so now has 4 Under 21 caps to his name

Mark Larkin

Originally posted by oldmanken:

Sonic, you got Danny Dichio in? Nice one... he is immense for Toronto FC, and he scored their first ever goal this season. Huge fan favorite. Wonder if I could pull him in below the BSP level...

Yeah, remembering that was part of why I signed him, but he really hasn't turned out very well... getting on a bit given he's 36 now. Played a few games at the end of the season, but I'm not sure if he'll get much of a run-out in 11/12

well i said i was going to wait for the patch to start a new challenge game, but i just can't wait!!!! so, i introduce the new manager of Matlock Town...

Profile picture

again, i join a club with no players other than a few youth players. i have no staff again, so i decided to sign up the staff i had at Worksop, as they did pretty well for me.

as for players, i set out to sign up the best players i had for worksop. i have managed to sign ben saynor, jack palmer, brian mcewan, justin cochrane, luke malcher and Zavon hines. i am waiting to hear from oliver hotchkiss, although i have competition for him... icon_frown.gif i am also about to sign Darryl knights, which should hopefully give me a pretty potent strikeforce.

i haven't got a parent club, and my board won't give me one, which i'm not too chuffed about...

will post more soon but wanted to get up and running again on the forum.

Well I think I have finally figure out why my Stamford team always seems to start the season well and then trail off, its due to fixture congestion

I have had 3 good cup runs, and multiple matches rearranged due to international call ups, and the result is that most of the season I have been playing far too many games without a gap.

I have no idea how I will ever get out of this division since the congestion seems to have occurred for the past few seasons without fail.

has anyone else noticed that when you play teams that aren't in the league structure in cup competitions

they always seem to have all players at 100% and you always seem to struggle no matter what tactics you use

surely teams like these would never have a squad full of players at 100%

Archived