dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Allan:
Originally posted by shaggy61:

Dafuge/Allan ref website

just finished second season with Heybridge Swifts but its 2013, have carried on challenge after leaving whitby because of confidence bug.

can you change my details manually on website or add them to list and i'll just work thru seasons until 2011/12 and 2012/13 which i've played at Heybridge?

thanks guys

You can update games / end games / start new games on the site so you should be able to do things yourself. You also need to post your profile on here when you start a new challange.

thanks allan, it was just that couldn't see heybridge on the original list. Its the same profile as posted at start of game because i had 3 years at whitby, left them and have spent 2 and a half years at heybridge. Dafuge okayed carrying on with heybridge, will update on website accordingly.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

For the first time in their history Stamford will be playing in the FA Trophy final, in 2017.

We have a tough match with Crewe who we have never beaten.

Hope we put up a good show.

Nice! Good luck with this, I played my first final in this competition. Blue Square Premier against none-league side and we got beat 1-0 and had hardly any possession or chances - they totally dominated us. Hope you put up more of a display than my side did icon14.gif

Originally posted by Gilbster:

For the first time in their history Stamford will be playing in the FA Trophy final, in 2017.

We have a tough match with Crewe who we have never beaten.

Hope we put up a good show.

Best of luck. icon14.gif

Ok, so apparently, the beta patch has only been updated for PC. So im putting my game on hold until the confidence bug has been fixed for mac too. (should be soon i hope, there was only a days difference between the first beta patches).

Only problem is, SI dont announce when the beta has been updated icon_frown.gif .... so it could have been done in the last five minutes for all i know...

Bedford Town - Blue Square South - 2008/2009

Half-Way Update

Started the season very well by winning first to games by heavy amounts, then, the dip from teamwork etc set in. We lost 6 games in a row which put us down to 17th. Gradually, we picked up form again and despite a poor Setanta Cup run, we are now sitting in 4th place having recently going on a 7 Game Winning streak, and before that a 5 Game winning streak. All is well here in Bedford, and if we carry on the way we have been, I can see us getting play-offs! I also got quite lucky by being given Luton Town as a parent club haha. The bad thing at the start was being I had no staff and no players. I bought a whole new team meaning we didnt really blend well at the start. Meh all planned out well, as we are beting the top teams in the league... AWAY!

Team Sheet

League Table

Ill give a full update once the seasons over.

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazpeer:

My new profile

that's a lot of knowledge!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nothing wrong with that, hes a dane </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh yeah, i realise that..... just when you see lots of people with only england, it stands out!! wasn't claiming it was suspect or anything...

Merthyr Tydfil - Blue Square South - December 2009

We're halfway through the league season now and, with a game in hand on most teams, we're sitting in an impressive 5th place in the league. Our cup runs are all over now as well. In the FA Cup we made it to the 2nd Round, only to be comfortably beaten 3-0 by Oxford United. However, we only made it to the 1st Round in the FA Trophy, and were knocked out straight away in the Setanta Shield. Recent Results

Since the last update, I've only brought in one player - Charlie Henry. I mainly brought him in to act as back-up for the wings, but since signing him he has improved quite a lot, so he might become a starter soon. The performances of the team have been generally great, but the real shining light of the team is Conor Clifford. I started off playing him as a defensive midfielder, where he was good but not spectacular. Since then, I've tried him in centre midfield, where he has managed an average of a goal every two games so far.

With a bit of luck, I should be able to keep a play-off spot until the end of the season. The league leaders are 10 points ahead already, so the title looks unlikely, but theres no harm in trying!

Guiseley - Blue Square North - End of Season 2009/10 - Champions

What a difference a good parent club can make. Last season, we had Blue Square Premier side Rochdale as our parents, but swapped them for Leeds United over the summer. We took 4 players on loan from them, 3 of which were absolutely key to our success this season.

League Table - Incredible stuff, we destroyed almost everything put in our path, suffering just 1 defeat and dropping a mere total of just 9 points over the whole campaign. Three teams scored over 100 goals, three conceded over 100. Our only listed rivals, Harrogate, are relegated.

Position Graph - Not much to see here, just emphasises our dominance of the division.

In the cups, we matched all expectations to keep the board happy. An away match against Huddersfield in the FA Cup 1st round proper boosted the finances, but the 10-2 scoreline didn't even do much damage to morale. We went on to score 18 goals in the next three games.

The Lads - A couple of players missing off this, forward Gary Evans who scored 21 goals before being sold to Cambridge for £75k, and winger Chris Ovington who was on loan from Leeds, but returned due to injury.

Key Players:

Centre-half Wilko (on loan from Leeds) - Rock at the back, physically excellent. Leeds haven't yet renewed his contract so it looks unlikely that I'll be able to get him back for next season.

Centre-Mid Bayly (on loan from Leeds) - 16 goals from midfield, bossed most games and had a pass success of 81%. We've already secured his services up until February of next season, and hopefully we can extend that further.

Striker Elliot (on loan from Leeds, noticing a pattern anyone?) - Quality striker at this level, season was interrupted by a lengthy hip injury, but when he did play he was very useful. Like Bayly, he'll be back next season until at least the end of January.

Striker Clarkson - Also suffered a bad injury (fractured skull) that sidelined him for a while, but was a handful to every defence that faced him. Hit much better form than last season, and my coaches reckon he's just about good enough for League 2.

Other Things

Finances are looking alright at the moment, the sales of Evans and midfielder Webster each for £75k have left us with about £175k in the bank. Hopefully the board will give us a transfer budget for the upcoming campaign.

Average attendance for this season was pretty much the same as last season (down 14 to 636).

We have 3 feeder clubs, Harlow, Mossley and Rugby.

Confidence levels are all OK at the moment, so hopefully I'll have no problem securing an extension to my contract.

Aims for next season

The squad needs to be strengthen. A lot. Most of our players don't look good enough for the BSP so there'll probably be quite a few changes over the summer. Hopefully we can secure a comfortable mid-table finish and move onwards from there.

Finally, I received this news at the end of the season. The Blue Square North just won't be the same without him.

Think that's everything. Other screenshots available if anyone wants anything.

End of Season Update - 2011/2012 (Ilkeston Town)

2008/2009 - 14th Blue Square North

2009/2010 - 15th Blue Square North

2010/2011 - 2nd Blue Square North (promoted via playoffs)

2011/2012 - 11th Blue Square Premier

As expected a season of consolidation. In order to progress next year however I plan to have a big overhaul on my squad, and hopefully i can get Jamie Guy from Forest on loan for a 3rd season.

League Table

Ilkeston Town Squad and Stats

OK. I`ve decided to give this challenge a go. I`ve just been a victim of at Leeds board takeover. 3 seasons in I was sacked as the Leeds manager. (Really frustrating since I was doing pretty OK) Now I really need a different type of challenge. Decided to start with AFC Wimbledon ( Don`t look so weird on me, their not so good! icon_wink.gif

Here i my profile - > Profile

Originally posted by rashidi1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

Hi Guys

When do your reserves and u18s start getting league fixtures?

In BSN and BSS you need to set up the fixtures yourself since they don have any of their own </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye - and I did this last season when I was in the BSN - however I am now in the BSP but did not get invited to enter my resevers or U18s in their respective leagues so I am having to organise friendlies again.

Looking around I see that quite a few other teams in the BSP do not have teams in the reserve leagues but they all seem to have small squads - I signed loads of new players expecting to have regular reserve games at the begining of the season icon_frown.gif

Just wondering......

.....does anyone else scout a player who is on a free, decide that they are a good player but not really better than what you have, leave them on your shortlist anyway, hear that some other team is about to offer them a contract and think "sod it - dont want you to get him for free" and sign him anyway when you a) dont need him and b) cannot really afford the extra wages

...... as I say just wondering as this is a major fault of mine icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Simme:

I've downloaded the graphic packs from dafugeschallenge.com but where should I put the kits? They say where to put the logos but not the kits. A quick answer please

same place - in the graphics folder you make

CHippenham Town Season Update End of Season 16/17

well just a quick update here as i forgot to take many screenies as i carried right on into the 17/18 season (in fact almost finnished that so update on that to come shortly) but here is the bare bones.

Despite a good start i only finished a respectable 15th (was predicted to go straight back down) after strengthing my sqaud a bit the 17/18 season has gone much much better (despite still being predicted to go down) but update on that in the next hour or so.

Season Summary

Manager Overview

League Table

league graph

Confidence Summary

Competition Confidence

I have now also had a new stadium built

New Stadium

Originally posted by jsar:

CHippenham Town Season Update End of Season 16/17

well just a quick update here as i forgot to take many screenies as i carried right on into the 17/18 season (in fact almost finnished that so update on that to come shortly) but here is the bare bones.

Despite a good start i only finished a respectable 15th (was predicted to go straight back down) after strengthing my sqaud a bit the 17/18 season has gone much much better (despite still being predicted to go down) but update on that in the next hour or so.

Season Summary

Manager Overview

League Table

league graph

Confidence Summary

Competition Confidence

I have now also had a new stadium built

New Stadium

Jsar thats not a new stadium you have its a stadium expansion.

March 2010

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Harrow 3 - 1 Boston Utd

Barron

Jailow

Todorov

Halifax 2 - 1 Harrow

Dimov

Harrow 1 - 0 Nuneaton

Barron

Lewes 0 - 5 Harrow

Paoli

Barron

McGarry (3)

Kidderm'ster 2 - 1 Harrow

Dimov</pre>

Christ, the season does go on a bit. 6 games left before I can crack on with next season and what should hopefully be promotion.

Season 2014/15 Review - Chippenham Town in League 1

After securing automatic promotion last year (just), I went into this season looking for a mid table finish. I told the board I was looking to avoid relegation but I knew I could do better than that.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

Had a decent start, with consistently improving results. At about three quarters of the way through the season, I was looking like a decent shout for the title with a 3-0 away win at table topping Luton. I then installed the updated beta patch and things went tits up (this may have been a coincidence). A run of four games without a win and only one draw meant that I spent the latter part of the season scrapping for the last promotion spot. With a draw and a loss in my final two games I was doomed to the dreaded playoffs yet again. With my current record of three playoff finals and just one win I'm not looking forward to it.

Squad

Transfers

Did more selling than buying, selling my star centre back for £375k + a player I was after who was worth £500k. I replaced him with two youngsters, then used the loan player to cover him while the youngsters grew up.

The one major incident in my season was being hit with the stadium expansion bug. This meant that my newly expanded stadium that held around 5500 suddenly only holds 1600, which has also hit my finances. I had worked pretty hard at getting the clubs finances in order, I'm a bit worried that this will all be destroyed next season.

Oh well, bring on Ipswich.

Archived