dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Quavis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Link With Lyon Announced

A parent club while in the Prem? Thats a bit odd to me. Surely as a top flight side in one of the top leagues, the board wouldn't want to be a feeder side to anyone.

Anyways, congrats on survival!

oh... and slow down! icon_wink.gif j/k icon_smile.gif I just wish I had more time to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you request a new parent club for that link, or did they just give you Lyon for no apparent reason?

Either way KUTGTW

Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quavis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Link With Lyon Announced

A parent club while in the Prem? Thats a bit odd to me. Surely as a top flight side in one of the top leagues, the board wouldn't want to be a feeder side to anyone.

oh... and slow down! icon_wink.gif j/k icon_smile.gif I just wish I had more time to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you request a new parent club for that link, or did they just give you Lyon for no apparent reason?

Either way KUTGTW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They just gave me it at the end of the season when it ticks over to the next year, June 18th

Originally posted by kaNovi:

Wild scout

Had loads like that when I was in the championship & then they went down when I got promoted. Even my own scouts who were all 19 or 20 in both PA & CA scouting went down to around 12 or 13 so maybe they can scout players for those divisions but not really that reliable for the real top divisions?

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Wild scout

Had loads like that when I was in the championship & then they went down when I got promoted. Even my own scouts who were all 19 or 20 in both PA & CA scouting went down to around 12 or 13 so maybe they can scout players for those divisions but not really that reliable for the real top divisions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah. when i sign them they drop drasticly too, it might be a bug

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quavis:

Link With Lyon Announced

Either way KUTGTW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They just gave me it at the end of the season when it ticks over to the next year, June 18th </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, wish I had your board. Mine seem to have no ambition whatsoever.

Originally posted by ntfc:

What's this all about V2 of the Beta Patch? Is it worth restarting the challenge? I am probably going to restart when the actual patch comes out but is it worth restarting again now?

It has fixed some of the confidence and financial issues that people have had. icon14.gif

You may as well just wait for the full official patch as I'm sure many people will re-start when that time comes. It shouldn't be too long now.

Sitting 3rd after 10 games, playing some great stuff & just got a brilliant 1-0 win against Spurs who were top.

If only I could pay the wages for a real top striker as Petrov is missing so many chances for me, could really stand a chance of European football if I had someone real quality up front I think.

spurs-> how much can you scout and how many scouts can you have ?

Can scout wherever I want now but finding scouts since I came into the premier league is pretty rubbish. I have 3 because there are now so few with decent attributes & I don't see much use having some rubbish scout being trusted with my money icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

My captain wants to leave. So I demoted him to the reserves. **** him. Thank god I've great MCs to replace him

Requests to be removed, then requests to be added to transfer list again a day later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope he leaves actally, use him to buy some brazilians with portugeuse nationality. I love having knowledge of brazil icon_smile.gif Some of the regens there are astounding at 17

hehe ok, but if you try to sign a scout, how many do the board think that you should have in total ?

I can have 4 scouts now & 6 coaches but I actually have 3 scouts, 8 coaches & a youth team coach.

Just got humped 2-0 by Pompey, had my centre back sent off in the 4th minute icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donald-Duck:

My captain wants to leave. So I demoted him to the reserves. **** him. Thank god I've great MCs to replace him

Requests to be removed, then requests to be added to transfer list again a day later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope he leaves actally, use him to buy some brazilians with portugeuse nationality. I love having knowledge of brazil icon_smile.gif Some of the regens there are astounding at 17 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing having the knowledge but when you can't scout them it's not easy to actually get them on trial prior to being able to sign them. I've had 7 of them of my short list from when I was in blue square premier, 4 of them are now worth £15m+ icon_frown.gif

okay icon_smile.gif thx for the info..

looks like your team is processing well, good luck with getting that european spot icon_smile.gif

im still stuck in the championship. but i managed to stay up the first year

I'm at the stage now where it's mainly regens taking over the majority of the top teams so as long as I can find a few gems I should be ok to try & capitalise on them not buying the right youngsters etc.

Just a shame my youth setup is so rubbish my best youth player is only predicted championship level but they're improving again soon I hope so maybe get someone in the next 2 years.

I hope he leaves actally, use him to buy some brazilians with portugeuse nationality. I love having knowledge of brazil icon_smile.gif Some of the regens there are astounding at 17 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing having the knowledge but when you can't scout them it's not easy to actually get them on trial prior to being able to sign them. I've had 7 of them of my short list from when I was in blue square premier, 4 of them are now worth £15m+ icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah clubs are reluctant to let them come on trial icon_frown.gif I just offer every single brazilian a trial, a few were accepted. And a few failed due to work permits because I didn't check if they had dual nationality

CHELMSFORD Season 2010 / 2011

This season was one to forget. I never troubled the teams at the top, nor the teams at the bottom. I won some and lost others.

I had Andy Caton to thank for my season. He scored 30 in 41 appearances and was scouted by numerous clubs. I received a few 100k bids but resisted the temptation to sell.

Other notable players were Sam Wedgbury, Jamie Stevens and Jonny Harkness.

My Transfers In screenie shows a major sale of MArk Ellis to Gillingham for 100k. Overall 135k received is pretty decent and hopefully will be changed into some spending power come the end of the season.

My finances are in decent shape as my average attendance jumped by 200 since promotion to the Conf. Additionally, I managed to keep under my wage budget.

At the end of the season I finished mid table as already stated. My squad needs an overhaul for the new season and my link with Charlton should help.

Originally posted by paulsgruff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I have the new beta patch, and it doesnt seem to have made a difference.!

(any news though, perhaps i've not done something to make it work...)

I hear doing a little dance in OTF sorts out this problem icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, i tried that .. and ... nothing.

just incase you missed it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Me1sbqmRE

Season 2012/13 Review - Hendon in the Coca-Cola League 1

League Table

So nearly 100 goals... Also, I'm amazed that kamikazes Peterborough managed to stay up. There's throwing defence to the wind for you...

Past Positions

After last year's results I didn't expect to struggle, but this was above expectations. Truth is I was in a tight race with Plymouth, but after going back 22 games to an old savegame to fix the stadium expansion bug, they didn't have quite as good a season while I did a bit better.

The Squad

Desperately resisting the temptation of accepting a number of good bids on my better players, or I get the feeling I'll have a hard time in the Championship. This list includes a bunch of reserves I played at the end of the season after already winning promotion by the way, hence the large number of strikers for example.

Transfers

Great transfer season. These sales plus the months we got to share 12749 capacity Griffin Park earned the club a good deal of money. Took a gazillion released players on trial and ended up signing quite a few of them; almost all youngsters. Work permit's been a b**ch, though. icon_frown.gif

Confidence

Not too worried... I insist on signing 1-year contracts, so I suspect I'll get an offer from the board pretty soon.

Star Player

No competition. Brought in as a replacement for Ivanov, my previous Bulgarian striker, but has outclassed him handsomely. Always creates a lot of chances for himself.

Random Stats

Balance: £7,008,966

Wages: £39,793/49,900

Average Attendance: 7411 (8212 in the league)

Media Prediction: 24th

Squad Average Age: 22

Squad Personality: Fairly Determined

Club Value: £11.75M

Originally posted by oldmanken:

Guys, how are you finding players... should i be setting my expectations rather low, or are their some blockbuster deals out there?

You can go hardcore..hire a scout and then use his recommendations or you can go soft and use the player search

Mangotsfied Town - League Two - 2011-2012

Having consolidated in League Two last year I was expecting bigger and better things from my young squad. I brought in some new players and long time captain Ben Townsend was relegated to a backup role. The strength of our team was the young midfield tandem of Frost and Bean

However this was FINALLY the year that Lewis Killeen became a true goalscoring threat, bagging 24 in 42. Killeen is now on the favored personnel of the club and holds the record for appearances for the club. Ironically this has been his best scoring year, he didn't even score this many in the Blue Square Premier. Killeen Profile

Moving on to league one there are simply some players that I really like, but they aren't going to be able to cut it. Darn me and my sentimental nature. Key to the future will whether or not I can keep the midfield tandem of Bean and Frost who work brilliantly together. I also need to find a partner for Killeen, preferably a target man, though i've never been able to find one...

Here's some screenies!

Position Graph

Finances

Final League Table

Originally posted by rashidi1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oldmanken:

Guys, how are you finding players... should i be setting my expectations rather low, or are their some blockbuster deals out there?

You can go hardcore..hire a scout and then use his recommendations or you can go soft and use the player search </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been mostly doing player searches at the moment, and have managed to find a couple of players that may be half decent. My only problem is that I sent my two scouts out on assignments and they have been so for a month with no reports back. It says their assignment is 150 days... can that be changed?

Either way, picked up this French striker called Dubois... hoping he does alright.

Dafuge/Allan ref website

just finished second season with Heybridge Swifts but its 2013, have carried on challenge after leaving whitby because of confidence bug.

can you change my details manually on website or add them to list and i'll just work thru seasons until 2011/12 and 2012/13 which i've played at Heybridge?

thanks guys

2012-13 heybridge swifts bss

After last season struggle in the BSN the Essex boys moved back closer to home as the BSS was the challenge ahead.

At the end of last season le fondre had been sold for 250k to ease debts and in his absence

the season started slowly good performances didnt' necesarily result in victories.

Confidence rose through fine cup runs exceeding the boards expectations throughout and benefitting from a capacity 5000+ away game at Newcastle BS(despite them having no information on their home ground!)

Indeed a 13 game unbeaten run in the new year saw us storm upto 4th with 5 games to go. However defeats at Torquay and Ebsfleet left us in 7th with one game to go, and the unfortunate scenario of 5th and 6th playing each other on the last day of the season, making our game meaningless.

final table

Two players worth a mention an excellent regen goalkeeper who has interested League one clubs

super keeps

and my first international 25 goal striker

star man

The links with former club Whitby seem hard to banish as a left back, central midfielder, right winger and striker who all helped whitby do a job were consistently valuable this season for Heybridge.

Up in the BSP Whitby's 3 pronged strike force of Dunn, Super Kyle and Hines powered them to the title and to the football league. This now definately scuppers any thought of a return to the turnball ground, but i'm pleased that the legacy i started has proved fruitful to the fans. An Fa Trophy and BSP Title for them.

Back to Heybridge and again unfortunately the confidence bug seems to ride its head once more. All this season the long term expectation has been at zero, whilst club wanted me to battle relegation. Will see what happens this season as its the end of 3 year play and my contract!

Come on you Swifts

Season end - Prescot Cables 15/16 - Championship

Terrible season!

I was loosing alot of matches and found my self under the relegation zone. but i did manage to stay up ! i did have a really bad defensiv season, beeing second worst team when it comes to goals against my team. 101 !! and a goal difference on 37!

Table

My big hope andy kennedy scored 22 goals and was the top goalscorer, but didnt do well either.

Not much more to say about the season!

Pre Season

Ive lost a couple of players because of theyre contracts running out, my biggest purchase ever, tom banks, i managed to sell for 100k less than what i gave for him.

I lost my danish midfield playmaker jorgensen for free.

Ive managed to sign a couple of decent players who should help me to stay up:

Kacaniklic

Nuno

He should be a great signing for the club, he would be good for any PL side.

Im about to sign some better defenders, but they are hard to get for free.

My finances looks alright, having sold 8000 season tickets it stands on 2 mio.

Hopefully my new stadium will be filled to the rim this year 15000 seats should be enough to pay those 500k every month for the stadium!

I hope for a safe mid table finish this year

Season end - Prescot Cables 15/16 - Championship

Terrible season!

I was loosing alot of matches and found my self under the relegation zone. but i did manage to stay up ! i did have a really bad defensiv season, beeing second worst team when it comes to goals against my team. 101 !! and a goal difference on 37!

Table

My big hope andy kennedy scored 22 goals and was the top goalscorer, but didnt do well either.

Not much more to say about the season!

Pre Season

Ive lost a couple of players because of theyre contracts running out, my biggest purchase ever, tom banks, i managed to sell for 100k less than what i gave for him.

I lost my danish midfield playmaker jorgensen for free.

Ive managed to sign a couple of decent players who should help me to stay up:

Kacaniklic

Nuno

He should be a great signing for the club, he would be good for any PL side.

Im about to sign some better defenders, but they are hard to get for free.

My finances looks alright, having sold 8000 season tickets it stands on 2 mio.

Hopefully my new stadium will be filled to the rim this year 15000 seats should be enough to pay those 500k every month for the stadium!

I hope for a safe mid table finish this year

I see Man Yoo have been relegated on your game!

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulsgruff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I have the new beta patch, and it doesnt seem to have made a difference.!

(any news though, perhaps i've not done something to make it work...)

I hear doing a little dance in OTF sorts out this problem icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, i tried that .. and ... nothing.

just incase you missed it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Me1sbqmRE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know its off topic but i bet you go down a storm at the office xmas party! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by shaggy61:

Dafuge/Allan ref website

just finished second season with Heybridge Swifts but its 2013, have carried on challenge after leaving whitby because of confidence bug.

can you change my details manually on website or add them to list and i'll just work thru seasons until 2011/12 and 2012/13 which i've played at Heybridge?

thanks guys

You can update games / end games / start new games on the site so you should be able to do things yourself. You also need to post your profile on here when you start a new challange.

Originally posted by Scab:

Thanks. icon14.gif It's been a great season.

This great, in fact.

Complete season summary to come soon(ish).

Damn you i'll need to get on with updatying the site so you can complete the challenge! Didnt think anyone would be this fast!

Archived