Steam Pre-Load

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
isn't there a chance that they would release it before? :rolleyes:[/quote

Well, if I remember correctly, they released it around 9:30-10pm gmt last year...it was something like that, I think. Although, I guess it doesn't necessarily mean they'll do that again this year..could be just after a midnight as stated. If we're really, really lucky- maybe this afternoon- but that's just wishful thinking :)

isn't there a chance that they would release it before? :rolleyes:[/quote

Well, if I remember correctly, they released it around 9:30-10pm gmt last year...it was something like that, I think. Although, I guess it doesn't necessarily mean they'll do that again this year..could be just after a midnight as stated. If we're really, really lucky- maybe this afternoon- but that's just wishful thinking :)

My ISP capped my download limit again this month... good thing I brought the laptop with me to work today :D

Chaps - does pre-load mean that when its completed download you can play it?

How much is the game on Steam? I might just download it tonight rather than pick it up in the shop.

here is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/34000/

Ignore the unlock time, it isn't correct- it should be unlocked at just after midnight today, or earlier if we're lucky.

Sorry to spoil the party, steam's delayed fm10 until Saturday, it wont activate until Fri/Sat 00:00 gmt by my reckoning.

What makes you say that? The unlock time its showing is incorrect- sega have assured us it will be released at just after midnight today...steam, for whatever reason, often have incorrect times showing, especially near time of release...we have the preload now at 99.5%...can't see any reason why they won't give us the .05% on the offical release date 30th Oct, i.e. 1 min pass midnight today.

Last year we even had it a few hours before midnight...

Excuse my ignorance, but what happens if I purchase the game via Steam and then change my computer, do I just login and download it again??

Others answered but I will add... you can also back the game up onto a disc, then copy to the other pc, if you didn't want to download it again.

Should the fact I have entered the code from my boxed copy have any impending effect on my ability to preload?

FM 2010 is there in my games list but it just remains as 'not released yet'...

...Yes I have restarted it, went offline e.t.c.

Steam won't enable it until the release date even if you have entered the code from the box. Unlike other retailers Steam sticks to the rules!

Why would you need to pre-load a game when you have a boxed copy? Pre-loading is just for people who have ordered from steam, they are just pre-downloading their game for when it is unlocked and they can play at midnight.

You don't need to download anything as you already have the game. You just can't play it through Steam until midnight as that as when they offically release it. In the meantime, you could install and play it normally without Steam, just by keeping the disk in the drive.

Should the fact I have entered the code from my boxed copy have any impending effect on my ability to preload?

FM 2010 is there in my games list but it just remains as 'not released yet'...

...Yes I have restarted it, went offline e.t.c.

Why would you need to pre-load a game when you have a boxed copy? Pre-loading is just for people who have ordered from steam, they are just pre-downloading their game for when it is unlocked and they can play at midnight.

You don't need to download anything as you already have the game. You just can't play it through Steam until midnight as that as when they offically release it. In the meantime, you could install and play it normally without Steam, just by keeping the disk in the drive.

Sorry my fault, I should have made it clear. I rely on the code in the box copy because my disc drive is unable to run DVD's (which FM 2010 is).

With that in mind should I still not be able to preload?

I have no idea, but I'm assuming though that Steam will not allow you to download a game from them, when you haven't actually bought it from them. I don't think a code from a boxed copy will do much good. You'll have to ask someone from SEGA/SI though.

Why on earth did you buy a boxed copy when you can't read DVDs lol? Should have just got a digital download...

As far as I know, when you have a boxed copy, you install it normally using the DVD, and then just have the option of registering with Steam, you can't actually download the game from there though. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry my fault, I should have made it clear. I rely on the code in the box copy because my disc drive is unable to run DVD's (which FM 2010 is).

With that in mind should I still not be able to preload?

I have no idea, but I'm assuming though that Steam will not allow you to download a game from them, when you haven't actually bought it from them. I don't think a code from a boxed copy will do much good. You'll have to ask someone from SEGA/SI though.

Why on earth did you buy a boxed copy when you can't read DVDs lol? Should have just got a digital download...

As far as I know, when you have a boxed copy, you install it normally using the DVD, and then just have the option of registering with Steam, you can't actually download the game from there though. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought you could download the game? I did last year.

That's very cool, I had no idea you could buy a boxed copy and then still download off Steam for free!

How long is the Steam pre-download taking people, out of interest? Just wondering what sort of time I'm gonna be looking at tonight, as it doesn't look like GAME are gonna let me download it till midnight :-(

Yeppp, I can use my boxed copy code to download it, in response to Reflection22...:)

sorry, whats pre-load mean??

Pre-load means that you can download most of the game before it is made available to play. At midnight tonight you'll be able to download the last little bit and then install the game and play.

Mine was done in about 20 mins. Seemed to average about 1MB/s, which is getting close to top speed for my connection. GMT-4 here, so I am hoping to be up and running at just after 8pm tonight and finish off the demo season. Won't have a thrombo if I'm not though, cause I'm probably going to get the release patch and start a new game Friday/Saturday/whenever it comes.

im confused - is the "pre load" only for people who have brought it off of steam??

as i have the boxed copy and do not have "pre load" on steam it just says not realeased yet....

Same here pal, would appreciate a concrete answer if possible. If not we will have to wait until midnight to fully download.

If you have brought a boxed copy then won't the game files be installed via the DVD?

So (apart from the patch) you have nothing to download, while the people who have got it off Steam will have to download everything which you have on the DVD.

If you have brought a boxed copy then won't the game files be installed via the DVD?

So (apart from the patch) you have nothing to download, while the people who have got it off Steam will have to download everything which you have on the DVD.

...See my previous posts in this thread.

Archived