Steam Pre-Load

Guest roberto922
Kopite,I don't understand how you can buy a dvd game and play it without a dvd drive. How can steam download the game for you if you did not buy though them even with your code in the box. Please explain to me mate as I did not think this was possible.

It worked for me with FM09, I lost the dvd so just put the code into steam and it let me download it

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kopite,I don't understand how you can buy a dvd game and play it without a dvd drive. How can steam download the game for you if you did not buy though them even with your code in the box. Please explain to me mate as I did not think this was possible.

I lost the DVD for FM09, and when I got my new computer just downloaded it off Steam. Although I had already installed the DVD via Steam, so that might be why I could do it.

Kopite, how could you play the game when you had no dvd drive. The people who are waiting for the last part of the game to download from steam are those that ordered and paid though steam.For those with a disc,you have to have a drive that takes a dvd then install it and then either play with the disc in the drive or authorise though steam which gets your patches downloaded for you .I fail to see how you brought the disc last year and played a dvd in a cd only drive.
Nice one then,got to say never thought that was possible but you learn something new every day.
I lost the DVD for FM09, and when I got my new computer just downloaded it off Steam. Although I had already installed the DVD via Steam, so that might be why I could do it.

Dont worry Stevio, I must admitt I never thought about it either until a Moderator on the site told me I could do it...:)

...and you dont have to have it installed beforehand with the disc.

At least i had a nap now and i'm waiting for FM nightshift ;)

Yeah...hmm...must admit only 9pm now...but begining to feel sleepy already! I will hang around til midnight, load the game up, but not play it too much tonight... I'm free until Tuesday, so plenty of time to play in the coming days...could be nice to wake up tomo, feeling quite fresh and start more in ernest in the morining- but, we'll see, knowing me once I start it up it could be a 3am job!

Yeah...hmm...must admit only 9pm now...but begining to feel sleepy already! I will hang around til midnight, load the game up, but not play it too much tonight... I'm free until Tuesday, so plenty of time to play in the coming days...could be nice to wake up tomo, feeling quite fresh and start in more in ernest in the morining- but, we'll see, knowing me once I start it up it could be a 3am job!

setting up training, tactics, scouting, etc ......... you will be till 4am .

@Cerneo .... you lucky to have something to watch ........ i'm sitting in front of pc and listening to TalkSport as there is no football on tv tonight :(

Bad for me in the states, first leg of the playoffs is on tonight for the Dynamo going to have to leave to watch right when the game opens ha

well, you can enjoy the evening and then look forward to coming home to FM later- something to kinda look forward to! :thup:

setting up training, tactics, scouting, etc ......... you will be till 4am .

@Cerneo .... you lucky to have something to watch ........ i'm sitting in front of pc and listening to TalkSport as there is no football on tv tonight :(

haha you're probably right! I'm watching True blood at the mo on sky+...whilst waiting..

You dont need to put the disc in the drive, just open steam, and input your code found on the back of the manual, and away you go.

Its possible!

Well Matt from SEGA is online now, sure he has had his dinner now and he is ready to give STEAM green light LOL

haha that would be cool.... well, if my memory serves me right it was around this time last year, that he did give it the green light! Would be nice...save me going to bed at 4am ;)

i am probably just going to do my preparations tonight training,tactics, transfers e.t.c

as said above that will take to at least 3am :)

i saved all my settings from the demo, will just drag it into FM2010 folder .......... I cant wait ......

Join the club mate lol

From what I remember from last year there were all those names in bold black under members online .......... only one is online atm so we still gotta wait

Do you mean not enough decision makers online at the mo...? There are at least 6 ppl from SI on aswell...but, I guess its sega's call anyway...well, I'm sure it won't be far off now...that won't keep us waiting til midnight will they !???

got it thanks one more training schedules go in? (tactics i presume?)

sorry havent played in depth for a few years

The Schedules folder, if you don't have one, just start saving them as you make them and it will create one for you to copy.

Do you mean not enough decision makers online at the mo...? There are at least 6 ppl from SI on aswell...but, I guess its sega's call anyway...well, I'm sure it won't be far off now...that won't keep us waiting til midnight will they !???

After all the grief people have given him in other thread (yes I was one of them) will not be suprised if we wait till saturday

just realised it must go into schedules? do i have to restart steam to refresh the fact ive dropped a file in there btw?

thanks

No you dont mate

sorry this is compleltley off topic

can find the folder it should go in and have dropped it straight in there, however when i try and manage schedules from the demo there are no files available

Just make a custom one, save it and then you will have the file created.

ok thanks for your help

i have created a new file and dragged the training schedule into this folder, when i load the demo the new folder is showing but no file :(

the file is in .rar format is that ok?

No, you will need to unpack it, google winrar and download and install it, then right click the file and extract.

Archived