FM2010: Hull City A.F.C - Let The Tigers Roar

TigerTime

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a quick update on my last post - http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4194637&postcount=86

I'm still using the 4-1-4-1 formation, made a decent start to the season, I'm targeting top 12 this season, Michael Owen has scored 7 in 11, lost to a couple of the big teams, Man Utd on the opening day. Managed to get in Ochoa for £4m and £3m add ons over 24 months, plumped for him over Craig Gordon and Chris Kirkland as even though their teams got relegated they were demanding £10m+. I've arranged a future signing of Jozy Altidore for £3.6m (joins in summer), good value as he has potential and even if he doesn't live up to it I'll get my money back off him no problem also there is a future signing in January of some regen RB from Denmark, he has decent all round stats but some physical leave a lot to be desired, i've got hopes for him even if its just to replace Belletti and move Mendy back to 1st choice.

I've sold Halmosi for £1.6m (wanted rid) to Newcastle, but still haven't managed to flog any more of the deadwood. I'm on the hunt for an AMC or a DMC, one to replace Mullins in the DMC, but if it was an AMC I'd move Kevin Thomson back to DMC and train him in that role as he has all the correct stats to do a good job there. Any suggestions ?

Man City seem unbeatable, they spend like 50+ mill each year on players so its hard to keep up.

This season QPR came out of nowhere for the title challenge and had spent 52m on players this season.

Championship Cup: Runner up

Premier Div: 3rd

FA Cup: Won it :D

f3dh1x.jpg

vy3aya.jpg

25ivitx.jpg

Start of Season 1 (2009/10)

FM10 still won't play on my computer but after giving up trying to get it to run I'm playing it on an older laptop instead. Not as fast but hey, hopefully a patch will sort out the issues on my comp and I can transfer to there later. Finished my FM09 Hull save with a great season - only finished 3rd in the league but won the Euro Super Cup, Champions League and League Cup. Was a nice way to end :) So on to FM10 and I'm starting with the Tigers as always. In '09 I stuck with original players the first couple of seasons which slowed me down and I was going to make a few transfers this time round but ended up with a relatively quiet opening transfer window.

Players In:

Eric Djemba-Djemba (£3.2m) - OB

Players Out:

Caleb Folan (£1m) - Coventry

Nathan Doyle (£1.1m) - QPR

Djemba-Djemba isn't huge quality but he's coming in as one of the strongest players in my squad, along with Bullard and Geo. I wasn't happy with Olofinjana/Marney/Boateng so wanted someone a bit higher quality to play in the middle as the more defensive midfielder. Going out, Folan and Doyle wouldn't have featured so I took as much cash as I could get. Was going to sell more but decided to keep extra depth for the first season. I looked at other positions to sign players but no one high enough quality wanted to join and I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on players I didn't really want so will have another look in the January window and see if I can tempt someone in.

Tactically I haven't decided what to base my squad on yet, and settling on a primary formation will shape my future transfers. I'm a bit torn between a 433 and 442. Having one of the lowest quality squads I'll probably try to play for draws away from home and go on the offensive at home. Hopefully I can secure safety this season and to some real rebuilding for next season, with a tactical setup in mind by then. Right now I'm not sure if using the new tactic creator is a good idea or if I can make something better using the traditional slider approach so I guess there'll be some experimenting.

Hey everyone. Just starting the second season as Hull manager. Finished 14th last year. I'm looking for a strong striker that wont break the bank. I have about 2.1 mil left as transfer budget but that should increase shortly as I'm finalizing deals for a couple players.

I haven't changed my strikers at all really as I focused on strengthening my defense and midfield last year and spent half my budget on signing Ochoa as my keeper.

My strikers are:

Vennegoor of Hesselink

Kamil Ghilas

John Fleck

I'm looking at Macheda but he's out of my budget right now. Any thoughts?

Yes! yes! and yay! I won the premier division :D I got knocked out of the European Championship in the Group stage! (I had Inter and Bayern kicking my ass in that group) FA cup, Man City knocked me out and same with the League Cup, I think Man City should be added to my rival list, I'm starting to get all pumped up every time I face them

2pzzcyx.jpg

1415pjk.jpg

34rjhae.jpg

After a mid season slump I managed to stave off relegation by 1 point (Villa went down at my expense). Sheff Utd - Aston Villa was the game on the final day, Sheff Utd were 2-0 up at H/T then Agbonlahor scored twice and Carew scored in the 83rd minute to put them 3-2 up, then James Harper scored in the 86th min which meant Villa only picked up 1 point (I was 2 clear heading into the final game).

Season round up.

Premier League - 17th (down from 16th the year before)

FA Cup - Lost 2-1 to West Ham in the 3rd round replay (5th round last season)

League Cup - Lost 1-0 to Arsenal in 4th round (out in 3rd last season)

Top Scorers

Michael Owen - 15 in 35

Jimmy Bullard - 6 in 30

Geovanni - 5 in 21(1)

Top Assisters

Stephen Hunt, Jimmy Bullard and Michael Owen all with 5

Nice to see some people taking the Hull City route this year! I had a fantastic game with them on last years version, so I've decided to start with them again this year (because my Fiorentina save got corrupt!!). Out of interest, is there anyone that played as Hull last year around?

Tyler you look like you're doing a brilliant job with the Tigers, and you're so far in already!!

Hello Tyler42 - Great achievements mate, thats absolutely unreal. Please could you post a screen shot of your tactic and possibility a download link? Did you make it yourself or download from somewhere else? Did you keep with the same tactic throughout all the seasons or did you change it about abit?

I made the tactic myself and I've been using it since the first season. I've tweaked it a little through the years.

Tactic: http://www.filefront.com/14939971/4-1-2-1-2%20v0.1%20%28Hull%2C%20Feb%202020%29.tac

29pax51.jpg

Results when I won the premier division:

http://i37.tinypic.com/11907jt.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/spkolz.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/ekqgdj.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/whce2x.jpg

I'm currently 2nd this season, Liverpool are at the top with 7 wins and 1 loss (I beat them :D)

Just started a game with Hull, had a great save with them on FM09.

Who has everyone bought for the full back positions?

At DL I think Dawson is too slow and Kilbane is lacking defensively. At DR I sold Doyle since he looked poor and I need a strong defensive right back to rotate with Mendy, who is more attacking.

Any suggestions??

Just started a game with Hull, had a great save with them on FM09.

Who has everyone bought for the full back positions?

At DL I think Dawson is too slow and Kilbane is lacking defensively. At DR I sold Doyle since he looked poor and I need a strong defensive right back to rotate with Mendy, who is more attacking.

Any suggestions??

I signed Onyekachi Apam for 4.3mill the first season, hes a DC/R.

I kept Dawson for 2 seasons, the second season he was a backup, until I replaced him with Danny Fox for 600k from Celtic.

Here are some players that I've signed and then sold for great profit, or they have done great things for my club:

Coutinho - Vasco - ~3.3mill (This guy can play ST and score loads, and AMC and assist loads. I Currently make him go AMC but he used to be my ST)

Ingólfur Sigurðsson - KR - ~600k (Inter signed this guy for 16m in my save, then he was sold again for 13m)

Jordan Spence - West Ham - ? (He becomes a key defender in my save and i sold him for 12m when he was 31 years old)

Diego Buonanotte - Juventus - ? (Key AMC, scored 20 goals in his best season for me)

Pablo Piatti - Almería - 8m (Expensive but worth it imo)

Per Ciljan Skjelbred - Rosenborg - 1.7m (THIS IS A MUST! Can be sold for up to 15m and becomes a key member in a very short time)

Thanks for the recommendations Tyler!

So far I have signed:

Jose Goncalves on loan from Hearts (£100k) to cover DL (pace/acc = 16, tack = 15, also high strength, determination, stamina, work rate and long throws)

Beckham - £550k

Sapara - £1.1m

Awaiting work permits for Krivets (£425k) and Annan (£2.4m)

Offered contracts to Skjelbred (£1.4m) and Kryvtsov (£2.8m)

Sold:

Doyle, Hughes, Folan and Geovanni for a total of £7.25m. Fagan and Cousin also on their way out hopefully.

Will have a look at Apam and the kid from KR. Will keep my eye on Spence too. Tried to get Otamendi but they want over £7m!

-TV-

This may sound dumb but what does "HOYLE" stand for???

joe seddon, Hoyle is the name of the USofA's Playing Card Company. They have been regarded as the definitive and worlds leading authority on rules of multivarious games. Whenever a rules dispute arises, it is more often than not soted out by referring to Hoyle. For about 200years they have been the definitive authority. Hence the phrase "playing according to Hoyle". It is now widely regarded, that if you are not playing accoding to Hoyle, you are, shall we say, not playing with a straight bat, if you get my drift. You are cheating, Sir! You are a rank outsider! A bounder! Hope this explains it all.

I have just begun a new save with Hull City, against my better judgement. I have played as Hull City in every CM & FM game. I thought that as an awful lot are now trying Hull, that I would go elsewhere. I have just played my last friendly, using a 4-4-2 wide diamond formation. however, I am again thinking along the lines of the 4-2-3-1 formation that I have used for the last two FM releases, especially now that the AMC problem has been fixed. if you are interested, I shall try to keep regular updates of my progress. Kind regards.

oescus.. please keep us updated!

I considered using the wide diamond 442 but went with the narrow diamond 442 (Ancelotti style). I keep Halmosi and Krivets on the bench in case I need to change and try a wider formation.

Sapara is awesome at AM C.

TonyVain. I have just played my first friendly v the "Stiffs"! Only just won 2-1 but I made sure that the reserves were able to put out what I would regard as their best team. I used a 4-2-3-1 deep formation with two DMC's, one support and the other defensive. One DC [ the faster ] is set as cover and the other is set to "stopper". The AMC is set as an advanced playmaker and the lone striker is the target man. Team instructions are set at default except for "philosophy" which is balanced,starting strategy which is standard and marking is zonal. That's it. I use the shouts as and when I feel I need them. They are never a constant as they must vary as each match is different from another. My next friendly is against Reading. However, I am already having doubts about a lone striker and I am sure that I shall revert to my old formation of 4-1-3-2 [ wide ]. I will explain the workings of that tomorrow. Suffice it to say that the 4-1-3-2 formations tactics will be very similar to the 4-2-3-1 tactics, albeit with one or two player instructional changes.

To backtrack a little. I started with no tranfers or funds in the first transfer window. This means that I can sign only "free's" and "loan" players. I got the wage bill down by sending my two loan players, Sonko and Altidore back to their respective clubs. I brought in the following players on "frees". Lauren, cover for the RB, Kuffour for the DC and Ian Walker as cover for Myhill. Doing this has at least given me a squad that is more or less covered for most emergencies, although the LB position is still weak. If I can get a formation and system to work, Hull City should at least survive.

The trick is to try to put as many of my best players into their "natural" positions within my tactic. I always feel that it is better to play a natural full back, ahead of a secondary full back, even if he seems not to be as good. I may be wrong but that is my belief, for what it's worth. You now know as much as I do. I hope some of it may be of use to anyone who would like to use it, although I am not a tactical genius. Kind regards.

oescus.. I've never really thought about how much better a player is if he is a natural in that position, will have to consider that in the future.

Mendy can do a decent job at leftback in an emergency.

Don't overlook Ghilas - his attributes don't look anything special but he has done really well for me as a Deep Lying Forward (Support).

Have a look at Roberto Grimaudo (ST) on a free.

Zayatte is my best defender by a mile so far. I have both centrebacks set to 'limited', that way they don't get caught in possession just outside their own box - no nonsense approach!

Just played my first league game and beat Blackburn 2-1 (away). Annan got the second goal and the man of the match award.

-TV-

Hey team how are we all?

I basically been playing FM10 for over a month now but couldn't find a team that tickled me fancy and only played half seasons with 3 or 4 teams and well was bored... I was getting worried that I was getting over FM but then I found Hull. Last place prediction in the PRM however good enough budget and team realistically to stay up!!!

I only started last night so only into mid September and not doing all that bad really... After nine games I am 2 wins and 7 losses and find myself 17th... 1 point out of the drop zone...

I think my transfers have been good:

IN:

Lukovic, Aleksander £900k

Otamendi, Nicolas £3m

Beckham, David £425

OUT:

Geovanni £4m

Folan, Caleb £1m

Fagan, Craig £1m

Nothing special really. I only sold Geovanni because he wanted out and I had Beckham coming in. In Janurary I have Donovan and Reginiussen coming in on frees and the original Ronaldo coming in for £1.4m.

I am a huge VGHesselink fan and I was playing a simple counter 4-4-2 with VGH and Jozy leading the line, however Jozy sux... Gonna release him in Januray when my signings come in. He gets plenty of chances but fires them everywhere but into the back of the net. Bullard just came back and honestly noone is playing all that well... Finances are good but struggling to score goals and keep them out...

I am acutally not a fan of the 4-4-2 and want to play a 4-3-3 (a DMC, 2 MCs, 2 winger/forwards and Target man) or a 4-2-3-1 (same but 1 AMC instead of DMC) but cant fit everyone in... Maybe when reinforcements come in I might be able to, or I'll have to switch back to a 4-4-2... I am conseding tooo many goals does anyone have some advice? Should I push up or lay off? Should i go in hard or soft? Do I counter or hold possession? Too many questions?

Haha anyways thanks for reading any help is most appretiated!

Cheers,

ReeNah

Archived