FM2010: Hull City A.F.C - Let The Tigers Roar

TigerTime

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn man 29 mil thats HUGE!

I don't believe you bought Altidore... I'm in December and he aint scored a goal yet and he has played a decent amount of games... It's not like he doesn't get chances as he does get heaps he just fangs (smashes them) left right and not centre at goal... I've never in my life seen someone with such horrendous shooting inside the box..

Damn man 29 mil thats HUGE!

I don't believe you bought Altidore... I'm in December and he aint scored a goal yet and he has played a decent amount of games... It's not like he doesn't get chances as he does get heaps he just fangs (smashes them) left right and not centre at goal... I've never in my life seen someone with such horrendous shooting inside the box..

Altidore has been great for me. Try him as a target man in a 442 with a supporting striker next to him.

Alright ive made 5 transfers, overspent majorly :D, i set my sights on avoid relegation so was given 7.5 mil and a wage of 650k

So signed McGeady 10 mil ( over 48 months ), Silviu Lung Jr 200k, Otmanedi 4.5 Mil, Fonseca 750k, Pineda 6.75 mil ( over 48 months, expensive but atleast i know hes a tried and tested lb )

Sold George Boateng for 600k to wigan ( got rid of 40k of the wage budget ), Cairney 425k, Hughes 425k, Kilbane loan fee 130k, Folan and barmy on loan with future fees, and a released Tony warner and the old club captain Ian Ashbee on frees, to shore up the wage budget ( Ashbee a wouldve sold except he was out for 13 - 14 months with ligament damage )

So 1st team is

Myhill

Pineda

Mendy

Gardner

Otamendi

McGeady

Geovanni

Bullard

Halmosi

Fonseca

Hesselink

what u all think?

Man this season was strange, awful start but got up in the end.

League:

http://i50.tinypic.com/302uqeu.jpg

Transfers:

http://i45.tinypic.com/33utx8y.jpg

I'm a legend!:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zgdjle.jpg

And I just got this promising guy:

260ew4l.jpg

Wow that regen looks amazing. If you train him highly in Areboic and Strength then his pace and natural fitness should rise to 10. He'd be a perfect AM/ST then!

Just finished my first season and summary as follows:

http://yfrog.com/j5tabledrp

My Best players:

Amazing Etien great striker dosent have a great PA and CA but did the job very happy for 500k or so he also won EPL young player of the year!

http://yfrog.com/0eetienp

Pablo Mouche loaned him for a fee of 1.5 mil a great Advanced Forward alond side Etien a Poacher will sign him on a premanant basis fro 2 more mill

http://yfrog.com/0apablowp

Geovanni, well i dont know why people sell him he is brilliant as a right winger cutting in and his through balls are great!

http://yfrog.com/5bgeovannip

Overall very happy finishing 7th great result looking forward to the 2nd season!

Game summary

Version: Football Manager 2010

Patch: 10.1.1

Database: Medium

Leagues Loaded: England (BSN/S-EPL) Playable with Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Scotland and Holland top divisions on view only

Data Edits: Oxley, Ekra and Cooper given PAs of -8 and CAs of 90, Atkinson and Featherstone given PAs of -8 and CAs of 100

Manager Rep: Professional Footballer

So I've reinstalled FM and started a game with Hull. My reason for improving the CAs and PAs of the 5 players listed is to make the game more interesting and a touch more realistic as I fell all five are underrated in the game. Also setting my manager rep as a professional footballer was done so the players would respect me as anything lower would cause the players to become unhappy.

Pre-season Update

Results

1.jpg

Transfers In

2.jpg

Transfers Out

3.jpg

Overall it's been a good pre-season. Only Gardener got injured but that doesn't matter very much as I've got Sonko who is a good replacement. I'm confident that with my new signings the team is strong and if we stay relitively injury free then we should be able to avoid relegation. The next update will be january.

No I play a 4-5-1:

Myhill - good for the meantime

Mendy - consistent and good performer

Camara - very good defensive and attacking

Gardener - good when not injured

Zayatte - scores a lot of headers and long range shots and is consitent

Linderoth - very consistent

Olofinjana - does well at dictating the tempo of the game

Bullard - when fit he's amazing

Geo - same as Bullard

Halmolsi - surprisingly good and consitent

Hesselink - scorers a lot of headers

I rely on Hesselink, Bullard and Geo to score the most of the goals and also I've got Altidore and Featherstone who I can bring on if I need a goal.

Is this cheating?

Everytime I play Featherstone, Atkinson or Ekra they always seem to get 7.5 ratings and above. Oxley hasn't let in a goal in all the matches he's played in. I feel like I'm cheating as because of the data edit I did and how good there turning out. Don't know what to do :(

Hi Clark!

Horton has a full bar in squad knowledge so anyone who he gives 2 stars or under I'd sell (Doyle, Marney, Duke, Warner etc). That should get you some decent funds! The first position you need to improve is the left back area. Buy a quality DL. :thup:

Any players you reccomend for the left back then?

The strikers looks a bit poor if im honest, could maybe do with a new DM too (?)

Just give me some names of players that have done reasonably well for you.

Clark x

DL - Garrido, Camara

DM - Linderoth, Djemba Djemba

ST - Lewandowski, Zaki

• 2 weeks later...

Was a great 1st season for me.

I played Counter at home and defensive away. I attempted playing contain away to the top 4, but after two 4-0 thrashings, I changed to treating them the same as everyone else and used defensive!

Important players;

Altidore

Geovanni

Ochoa

Diego Buonotte, despite paying 10m for him in Jan didn't offer much, He got injured for a large part of the season. But will hopefully come good next season.

I now need to bring in a striker, right back and generally improve the squad. I doubted other peoples credibilty when showing high finished with Hull 1st season, but after getting 11th myself completely legitimately, i regret doing that. As long as you realise your always going to be the underdog, then results can go very well. Rarely open up creatively, and you'll be fine

leaguetablec.jpg

transferst.jpg

Has someone ever had success with Altidore? If so what did you use him as, Poacher?

I played him as a Target Man, alongside an advanced forward or a deep lying supporter. Did worldies for me, mind you it took him till January to really set on fire. Scored some very important goals for me though

Despite absolutely obliterating QPR, i just have managed to go down 1 nil. I was gutted too, because ive made a fantastic start to the season, and was really banking this as 3 points before it had begun.

Changed from attacking to Overload, with the instantaneous effect of Obinna scoring and absolute peach, breaking away and rocketing it into the top corner.

Took beckham off who was playing deep playmaker, for Krivets to play CM attack, only for him to head an open goal chance onto the post at 90 mins.

Only for Zuberluvian (sp) to ****ing step up and score a bloody rocket with the last piece of play. What a Xmas present come early.

I just had to post somewhere, as im still buzzing. Was one of the best goals ive ever seen

Had i have lost or drawn, i would have been gutted. I love FM!

Archived