FM2010: Hull City A.F.C - Let The Tigers Roar

TigerTime

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to undermine other people achievements, but starting a game on patch 10.1 or 10.2 and then updating to 10.3 after some seasons makes the game easier, cause we all know how much money you could raise from deadwoods on previous patches.

I'd like to know who's the first to have won the title with the tigers on 10.3 and in what year.

i don't believe that there are no players managing HUll anymore. Of course there are many in other forums but they should be even here

Ino :( Last year the Hull thread reached over 10 pages, 13 I think, and there were loads of people managing Hull. Unfortunately it's going to fall next year as well because we'll be a Championship team. But next year hopefully I'm going to have a massive save with the Tigers, anyone want to join me? :D

Just started a Hull game, it seems fun and really challenging, the financial situation is creating some troubles, I'm losing more than a million every month, mainly due to loan repayments, so I'll go very soon in red (I'm in November now).

I sold some big earners but was unable to discharge all of them, now I was thinking to sell Jimmy Bullard in January, so far he's been injured so never played, I was considering he's 30 now and with a huge wage, selling him could help to raise some money.....

What do you think?

By the way, I'm doing well in the league so far, with a team full of underdogs I'm 7th after 11 matches, but I'm aware hard times will come soon.

Wow Higgins you have started brilliantly mate!

Yes, I'd definately sell Bullard in January due to his large wages and him being extremely injury prone. When he comes back from injury give him some game time and that should increase in the intrest in him which will make it easier to offload him.

Good luck :thup:

Wow Higgins you have started brilliantly mate!

Yes, I'd definately sell Bullard in January due to his large wages and him being extremely injury prone. When he comes back from injury give him some game time and that should increase in the intrest in him which will make it easier to offload him.

I tried to do that but no one seemed to be interested, at the end I loaned him to Koln, for a 150k loan fee.....sic!

At least they will pay 50% of his huge wage, however I'm in February now, dropped to 11th place, mainly cause I have a small team, so injuries and the African nations cup ( Ghilas, Zaki and Olofinjana away) provoked a terrific losing streak for us, but we're still safely out from the relegation zone, even if we're heavily in red, 2 millions!

10 games to go, a very interesting season, if you want a challenge in the Epl this is the team to choose.

Line-up

Gk Myhill

Dr Savarsson

Dl Dixon

Dc Gardner

Dc Zayatte

Mc Holla

Mc Olofinjana

Amr Mares

Aml Hunt/Ghilas

Amc Geovanni

St Altidore/Zaki

Nice to see you've stuck with some of the players and didn't replace the whole team. Well done, if you stay mid-table that's a good achievement for the good season because like you said, "it's a challenge". Actually loaning Bullard out is a good move because if he plays well at Koln, which he probably will, there will be lots of intrest in him so you can sell him in the Summer transfer window.

How's Altidore doing for you?

Nice to see you've stuck with some of the players and didn't replace the whole team. Well done, if you stay mid-table that's a good achievement for the good season because like you said, "it's a challenge". Actually loaning Bullard out is a good move because if he plays well at Koln, which he probably will, there will be lots of intrest in him so you can sell him in the Summer transfer window.

How's Altidore doing for you?

Just finished my first season, a deserved 10th place, a good achievement, finally with the money I'll get for my position ( 11 M) I'll repay my debt.

Altidore was not bad, 9 goals & 8 assists in 24 games, but my best players have been Zaki, who scored 17 in 16 matches and Mares who scored 11 from the wing, the perfect inside forward.

Up the tigers!!:thup:

- The debt can be combatted by getting rid of the deadwood and some high earners. Try shift Bullard as he is on 40,000 a week and Geovanni if you can as he is on 35,000. Boaz Myhill will attract a lot of intrest from other clubs and you should beable to offload him for £3m if you offer him to clubs. Caleb Folan also can be offloaded for £1m if offered to clubs.

- Try spend as wisely as possible trying to pick up some bargains. If you want a good left back if you don't rate Dawson or Kilbane go for Peter Masilela. As for a goalkeeper there is the Croatian keeper Pleitkosa who can be brought cheaply. As for wingers you can get Boa Morte on loan and not have to pay any of his wages.

- Youth wise there is Tom Cairney, Jamie Devitt, Liam Cooper and Yann Ekra who all have potential. Try develop Cairney as much as possible, as you can see if you look in the Tom Cairney thread, that he becomes brilliant!

- The debt can be combatted by getting rid of the deadwood and some high earners. Try shift Bullard as he is on 40,000 a week and Geovanni if you can as he is on 35,000. Boaz Myhill will attract a lot of intrest from other clubs and you should beable to offload him for £3m if you offer him to clubs. Caleb Folan also can be offloaded for £1m if offered to clubs.

- Try spend as wisely as possible trying to pick up some bargains. If you want a good left back if you don't rate Dawson or Kilbane go for Peter Masilela. As for a goalkeeper there is the Croatian keeper Pleitkosa who can be brought cheaply. As for wingers you can get Boa Morte on loan and not have to pay any of his wages.

cool. I have some other bargains in mind which could help its just being quick to get them. I was thinking of bringing in Michael Ball and Tobias Linderoth. Also what tactics would you use. Attacking or defensive with 2 holding midfielders.

Im thinking of having a go with these as I enjoyed my game on FM09. However how do you combat the debt at the start of the season. Do you sell some players and hope for the best or do you keep what you have and hope for the best. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

The problem is that you can't discharge all the deadwoods in the team, some of them won't receive any offers.

Don't worry too much about the debts, just try to take them under control, I finished the season with more than 4 mil. In red, but if you reach a good position in the league you'll be able to fix that issue.

Personally I played with my own 4-2-3-1, a quite offensive tactic that worked well with the players I chose.

Try to retain these guys: Zaki, Zayatte, Hunt, Altidore, Ghilas, Geovanni plus the goalie.

If you play with a back four line, look for some reliable and cheap fullbacks and at least one or two central midfielders and a right winger.

Good luck and enjoy this save!:)

The problem is that you can't discharge all the deadwoods in the team, some of them won't receive any offers.

Don't worry too much about the debts, just try to take them under control, I finished the season with more than 4 mil. In red, but if you reach a good position in the league you'll be able to fix that issue.

Personally I played with my own 4-2-3-1, a quite offensive tactic that worked well with the players I chose.

Try to retain these guys: Zaki, Zayatte, Hunt, Altidore, Ghilas, Geovanni plus the goalie.

If you play with a back four line, look for some reliable and cheap fullbacks and at least one or two central midfielders and a right winger.

Good luck and enjoy this save!:)

I will do. both of you cheers for the help.

I need some help. Ive decided to use a different formation for Hull. 3 CBs, 2 DMs, 3 CMs and 2 Strikers and playing very narrow. However I need a 2 players like Boateng that can sit in front of the back 4. Im thinking of Annan and someone else and selling Boateng( High wages). Does anyone have any suggestions. Cheers for the help.

I need some help. Ive decided to use a different formation for Hull. 3 CBs, 2 DMs, 3 CMs and 2 Strikers and playing very narrow. However I need a 2 players like Boateng that can sit in front of the back 4. Im thinking of Annan and someone else and selling Boateng( High wages). Does anyone have any suggestions. Cheers for the help.

Tomasz Sokolowski?

Me too. I have a bit of a reputation of starting saves and deleting them after like half a season. :p

I had the same problem with FM 10, started many games but I'm still missing a long term career game as I had in previous versions, who knows, this could be the right time.

However I'm going to start my second season, after a busy transfer market session my team should be ready to face a difficult year two.

In a few days I'm going to post some screenies about my game, for now I could say I had some issues to sign good players for my team, our reputation is not so distinguished, but I'm trying to improve that.

Signed some nice players, Shaun Maloney and Miles Addison above all, but I changed the team a lot, so some gelling problem could rise.

I sold Myhill to Villans for 3.5 mil.:) and loaned Bullard this time to Galatasaray for 300k, it seems that other teams stay far from his absurd wage!

Ghilas wanted to move so I sold him to Birmingham for 3 mil., sold McShane for 2 mil to Fulham too.

Some good deals I think.

Then I renewed Zayatte contract for 4 years, I still have some players from the original team, like Zaki, Hunt, Geovanni ( a great first season for him) and Mouyokolo.

Stay tuned....:thup:

Ey' up lads, long time no speak. Haven't posted in here in a while so thought i'd give you a quick update on my save.

I'm currently in the 2017/18 season, and so far I've won the Premier League 4 times (2013, 2015, 2016, 2017), Champions League twice (2016, 2017), FA Cup twice (2011, 2014), League Cup 3 times (2015, 2016, 2017), Community Shield 6 times (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017), European Super Cup once (2017) & The Club World Championship once (2016). I've acheived legend status at the club and i'm one of the best ever managers in England and the world.

I also won the Euro's with Spain.

I've built a great team together, and admittely I've spent a lot of money along the way (Gourcuff £68m, regen striker £50m for example) but it's all been worth it.

This is how my current XI looks:

Akinfeev

Diego Renan - Otamendi - Sakho - Regen LB

Rodwell/Regen DM

Gourcuff - Ozil

Balotelli/Lukaku - Regen ST/Lukaku - Hulk

I'm really hoping to get Sergio Canales to replace Gourcuff eventually (he's 31 atm) but every time I get an offer accepted he doesnt want to come (Madrid are one of his favourite clubs).

That's pretty much it, chow!

Great to have you back Clark. You have done incredible and that squad you have assembled is brilliant. Vangelis isn't going to be happy though because wanted to be the Hull manager to win the Premiership the earliest and you've beaten him. :D

Well done Clark, a great Hull career you have there, one of the best I saw :thup:

Just a quick update of my seecond season in charge, after the first half of the season we're 7th, even if Villans have 2 games in hand, as you see defensively I'm not so good. :rolleyes:

So far we struggled versus top four teams, some severe lessons received, we really need to improve but we're doing amazingly well far from home (6 w- 1 d - 3 l), Shaun Maloney has been literally on fire for us, already scored 15 with 5 mom's.

End of Season 6: 2014-2015

It's been a while since I updated and I had a couple of months break from playing but recently dusted off my save and finished the season I was on. My last update half way through the season (at the top of this page) had me 6th and on track for a European spot - I'm glad to say I went one better and finished 5th, securing Uefa Cup matches for the Tigers next season. It is slightly disappointing from one perspective as an 11 game unbeaten run saw me 3rd ahead of Man Utd and Tottenham going into the final match but with that match being away against Tottenham I lost 1-0, with them obviously getting the 3 pts from me and Man Utd winning an easy home match against Ipswich, and I dropped out of the Champions League spots. Still, it's my best finish so far (previous best was 9th) and I made some good tactical and squad improvements so a strong season all in all.

endtable.jpg

League Cup: Quarter Final (Lost vs Chelsea)

FA Cup: 6th Round (Lost vs Man Utd)

Tactically I made tweaks and settled on the flat back four with 3 central midfielders, DMC plus 2x MC. For home games and easy away games I started playing 3 strikers for a 4-3-3, dropping back to a more traditional 4-5-1 or 4-1-2-1-2 for the tougher matches. The 4-3-3 in particular was great, with nice 4-2, 6-0 and 4-0 consecutive wins as soon as I began using it. Perhaps if I'd done so at the start of the season I might've finished higher.

Stand-out players:

Joe Sheppard had a great season as my main striker, finishing top scorer in the league with 20 goals, 30 across all competitions.

Matt James was fantastic as my captain, getting the highest number of assists (14) and MoM (7) in the league, playing as a customised advanced playmaker.

Jamie Milnes only joined in January as a young English regen but after settling in soon became a first team regular, picking up 7 goals and 4 assists from 10 starts.

Other noteable mentions are for Javi Garcia as one of the most accurate passers in the holding role and Ferronetti having the league's joint highest average rating at 7.34.

Squad Overview (click to see, large image)

With the season over now I'll be looking to build on this improvement and strengthen even more over the summer. With European football I'll need to rotate a bit more than this season and ideally I'd like to get myself a top 4 finish. To do so I could probably use a couple of attacking fullbacks as Ferronetti and Van Damme are solid defenders but fairly limited going forwards. Other than that it'll be a case of looking for good buys where possible, but to take the club forwards it's pretty much essential that I get the stadium expansion that I've been promised before I go and spend all my money. £32.7m in the bank should enable that :)

Start of Season 7: 2015-2016

After securing European competition with a finish of 5th last season my goals this season are simple:

-Stay in Europe (top 6 finish, preferably top 4 for Champions League)

-Strengthen the squad, with English players where possible

-Find good English regens

The board announced the expected stadium expansion during the summer so £17m went on that but it'll give me 37000 seats which is a big impovement and allows for better long term finances. They also said youth & training facilities need to be improved but no announcement for those yet, I'm guessing that'll happen next time I have money in the bank. Other than that I spent the day working through pre-season things, refining tactics a little and buying/selling players. I extended contracts for several key players that were into the last 2 years and made the following deals:

Transfers In:

SC - Edgar Cani (£575k) - Palermo

FC - Anthony Goodwin (£9.5m) - Siena, regen

DL - Mouhamadou Dabo (£16m) - Arsenal

I plan to play a 433 at home again, and for easier away games, so a bit of investment in the forward line was needed. Milnes and Sheppard are great for pacier, poacher style strikers but I really wanted more of an all-rounder in the centre of the three. Someone bigger and stronger in the air to win a few more balls and lay it off to the other two, yet be able to score themselves too. After working on deals with players on my shortlist and being rejected by most, I worked my way down to Cani and the regen Goodwin. Cani doesn't look spectacular and despite being 25 he's only played 68 games in his career, rotting away at Palermo playing for the reserves. He's strong, good in the air and has a decent shot on him too. At £575k and low wages there's barely any risk to bringing him in and even if he isn't a first choice starter he'll be decent cover. As a more long term signing and likely the better of the two I brought in the more expensive Goodwin. He's a similar player but has more key attributes at 16-18 rather than 14-15 and at only 18 years old has room to improve. There are a couple of areas that need improving, such as a bit higher strength and natural fitness, but I'm confident I can improve those. They should both be able to perform in that central role. Dabo completed my signings as I needed a more attacking left back. Garrido is only average backup and Van Damme at 32 has started declining, particularly getting slower. I wanted a fullback more comfortable on the ball and supporting attacks and though £16m is more than I wanted to spend he was the only option of sufficient quality that was willing to sign for me, and at least his wages are below £50k. Should give me more of an outlet down the left.

Transfers Out:

FC - Kamel Ghilas (Free) - Willem II

DL - Jelle Van Damme (£1.5m) - Aston Villa

SC - Mame Biram Diouf (£4.9m) - Siena

SC - Alessandro Diamanti (£2.5m) - Torino

Ghilas is now over 30 and didn't feature at all last season so his role as a backup forward was over and he went on a free to lose the wages when his contract expired. Van Damme was replaced by Dabo and Garrido was both a year younger and on lower wages so I kept Garrido as backup left back and sold Van Damme. Diouf had scored a handful of goals for me last season but just wasn't of sufficient quality to be part of my plans. His low composure led to a lot of easy chances being blasted over the bar and I had enough forwards in the squad with Sheppard and Milnes both ahead of him. I'd signed Diouf on a free looking to profit so to get £4.9m a season later is a deal I'm happy with. Likewise Diamanti simply wasn't needed any more, at 32 and turning 33 this season he's been declining for the past year already and though I've enjoyed having him in my team I knew he'd just end up being lucky to get on the bench now. As he was still on a half decent wage I decided it was best to let him go, so he'll see out his declining years back home in Italy with my thanks for 5 seasons of good service.

That gives me this squad for the start of the season: Squad (click to see)

And I'll play these formations, if you'll excuse the crude sketches:

formations.jpg

Goodwin or Cani in the middle with two of Sheppard/Milne/Nani either side in the 433. I tried Nani there at the end of last season and despite not being accomplished as a striker he still performed well. For tough games I'll drop the two wider forwards back a little, likely with Nani going to a more familiar AML position and Feghouli or Parejo coming in as a right sided AMC to make things a bit narrower and more protective. I might try other slight variations with the front three players over the course of the season, depending on the opponents, but 433 is my plan for most home games at least. Might occasionally be two up front with an AMC in the hole for instance. I expect the back four and midfield three to stay the same throughout though, with just the forward three changing a bit depending on exactly how I want to play in a given match.

All in all I'm happy I can match my performance last season and have a good run in Europe :)

• 6 months later...

Opps, revive! But this post is so awesome that I had to do it.

Well with my last season for Hull (since patch 11.3 is coming) I was ALMOST flawless in the PRM, damn leeds did a 0-0 draw with me to ruin it :( but I did enjoy a gear success in this game and this was my 14th PRM title in a row.

I had secured the PRM by the 28th game!

15nq2bt.png

And this is my trophy room:

j60jo5.png

And my history with Hull:

2lvy5c3.png

I shall now retire and go on holiday mode and see what the future has in store for the greatest team in football history

Archived