FM10 : What Team Should I Be Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tcoleman1

Don't listen to HoPeY, PSG is the way to go in france ;)

No bias at all though...

Spain- Sevilla, Atletico or Valencia. Having someone like Agüero or Villa upfront is always a plus. No money with Valencia though. Sevilla have a great team atm, so another good choice.

Italy -I'd go for Juventus or Fiorentina. Juventus have some really quality players, and youngsters like Ariaudo and Giovinco. Fiorentina, Stevan Jovetic :cool: need I say more.

France- I can only say PSG. Great core of french players, great stadium, get a good amount of money injected around november. And of course Alphose Aréola and Mamadou Sakho... :D

Germany- I'd say Wolfsburg or Hoffenheim. With Wolfsburg you can build the team around Dzeko, and they get a good amount of money, as far as I'm aware. Hoffenheim have some great players like Obasi, Ba and Zuculini, a club with great potential.

England- Sunderland. Always had a soft spot for them. Although Bent and Jones look pretty poor in the game, so maybe someone like Fulham or West Ham.

Probably confused you with so many choices, so sorry about that. :thup:

I am looking for and under dog team who finishes 12th 8th in the Spanish, English or Italian leagues with 10 million and some potential. I know I am asking for a lot here but any help would be really appreciated maybe even a gold star ;)

Zola444

Teams like Sunderland (10m), Genoa (6m), Fiorentina (8m) and Napoli (8.25m) all have potential and start with a pretty decent amount of money.

If your wanting about 10m to spend then steer clear of La Liga. Teams start with very little money. If you want to go there though, I think Zaragoza start off with about £5m, and have underachieved greatly recently, so they may be an option. Theres obviously like Sevilla and teams like that, but they are already pretty big, and still get very little money anyway.

Hope I've helped :thup:

Zola444

Teams like Sunderland (10m), Genoa (6m), Fiorentina (8m) and Napoli (8.25m) all have potential and start with a pretty decent amount of money.

If your wanting about 10m to spend then steer clear of La Liga. Teams start with very little money. If you want to go there though, I think Zaragoza start off with about £5m, and have underachieved greatly recently, so they may be an option. Theres obviously like Sevilla and teams like that, but they are already pretty big, and still get very little money anyway.

Hope I've helped :thup:

Thanks very much :)

Finallllly my fm came today :D now i have the hard choice who to be =[ if any of you can help id like a team based in either england or scotland but will listen to other teams from other nations , i quite fancy a team without any debt or very little who i can make into a bigger team in time im open to offers with what teams you suggest :)

thanks in advance

Finallllly my fm came today :D now i have the hard choice who to be =[ if any of you can help id like a team based in either england or scotland but will listen to other teams from other nations , i quite fancy a team without any debt or very little who i can make into a bigger team in time im open to offers with what teams you suggest :)

thanks in advance

wilson you have not gave a lot of detail I could give you hundreds of clubs for example tell me what type of position you want your club to have e.g mid table, relegation fighters etc

also Lewis16 thanks for your choice I chose sunderland and have brought vincente, rud van nistroy & melchiot

Wilson7

Could really be anyone mate, I'll chance my arm and say PSG :D They don't get much money at the beginning, but give it a month or two and your rolling in it. Great stadium and some great young players, but a challenge to overtake Lyon, Bordeaux and Marseille. If not PSG, I'd recommend managing in France, it's good fun, lots of competition. Someone like Toulouse could be fun, they have some great players.

I'm gonna get in trouble for touting my own thread, but there you go ;)

Zola444

Nice one mate :thup:

Glad I helped a bit. Some good signings man, good luck with your game :)

Club: Lewes

Division: Blue Square South

Transfer Budget: £0 IIRC

Board Expectation: Top half finish/promotion

Key Players: Danny Cullip

Pros: one of the favourites for promotion

Cons:Really small wage budget, in debt

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 7

Additional Information:

Just got the game and had a quick go on it but now I want to start a proper game!

I'm looking for a lower league(BSP/BSS/BSN) team who need complete rebuilding from the finanaces, squad, staff, etc.

Not sure if there are any teams like this but any team as close as possible would be great! :)

Having money and ideally not having any star forwards or midfielders is pretty hard, I'd say maybe OM, Sevilla? But both teams have some good forwards or attackers so I guess that isn’t much help? :(

Outside bet maybe Porto or Genoa? Neither of those will be able to afford Fellaini without some players being sold though.

Club: Blackburn Rovers

Division: English Premiership

Transfer Budget: Zero

Board Expectation: Respectable league position

Key Players: Paul Robinson, Samba and Pedersen

Pros: English Prem offers big TV money and chance for a good team in a few seasons. Blackburn has a good foundation and facilities. Some decent prospects around

Cons: No transfer budget and limited wage budget. Some players have too high salary and are not easy to sell. Some of the players are difficult to handle. Not really an interesting squad. Needs strengthening in a few areas.

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 6

Additional Information: Blackburn has the potential to be competing for UEFA league. They have a few key players in their peak, so if the current squad wont succeed the club needs rebuilding. Kalinic and Samba probably the only ones who could remain in the starting lineup in 4-5 years. Some players are in their peak abilities and value vise and could be sold for good money. Then there are players who needs dumbing.

Club: Birmingham City

Division: Premier League

Transfer Budget: 6-10m

Board Expectation: Avoid Relegation

Key Players: Christian Benitez, Roger Johnson, Joe Hart

Pros: Decent transfer budget and a great player in Benitez

Cons: Lots of places to improve

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 8

Additional Information: N/A

Having money and ideally not having any star forwards or midfielders is pretty hard, I'd say maybe OM, Sevilla? But both teams have some good forwards or attackers so I guess that isn’t much help? :(

Outside bet maybe Porto or Genoa? Neither of those will be able to afford Fellaini without some players being sold though.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've managed to find the right club; Lille. Fellaini cost me 27m, but was affordable over the 48 months. Now to turn Lille into a Fellaini led powerhouse of France!

Hi, im looking for a team that i can close to completely rebuild myself, but has a star or two to build around. Looking for a team that is expected to finish 16-20th in either seria A or La liga, a bit of money would be nice aswell. In '09 i had fun with Valladolid who has asenjo to build the team around.

So in short:

1. La Liga/ Seria A

2. Relegation candidates

3. Atleast one absolute star player to build a completely new team around.

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Hi, im looking for a team that i can close to completely rebuild myself, but has a star or two to build around. Looking for a team that is expected to finish 16-20th in either seria A or La liga, a bit of money would be nice aswell. In '09 i had fun with Valladolid who has asenjo to build the team around.

So in short:

1. La Liga/ Seria A

2. Relegation candidates

3. Atleast one absolute star player to build a completely new team around.

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Could give Getafe a try, they have Soldado, Albin, and Ustari but not a great deal else. A few older players who will see you through for a season or maybe 2 or you can offload them for a bit more cash such as Cata Diaz, Contra and Celestini.

You get a budget of I think its 3mil to avoid relagation and there are a couple of players you can sell to get a bit more. Avoiding relegation shouldnt be too hard. I just started with them and Albin left right away for Arsenal which gave me 11mil to play with, but have decided to stay more or less with the original squad until January. My two biggest signings have been Denilson and Jorge Andrade on frees. Soldado however has been a legend, scoring for fun.

Could give Getafe a try, they have Soldado, Albin, and Ustari but not a great deal else. A few older players who will see you through for a season or maybe 2 or you can offload them for a bit more cash such as Cata Diaz, Contra and Celestini.

You get a budget of I think its 3mil to avoid relagation and there are a couple of players you can sell to get a bit more. Avoiding relegation shouldnt be too hard. I just started with them and Albin left right away for Arsenal which gave me 11mil to play with, but have decided to stay more or less with the original squad until January. My two biggest signings have been Denilson and Jorge Andrade on frees. Soldado however has been a legend, scoring for fun.

Nice shout, had a look and i rekon i'll give it a go, thanks.

I want a club from a less well known nation but that have quite a bit to spend.

Ukraine: Shakthar or Dinamo Kiev, both good size budgets.

Norway: Rosenborg, insane budget compared to other Scandinavian teams.

Russia (is that less known?): CSKA and Zenit.

Turkey: Not sure but Galatasaray and Besiktas should have some money...

Guys, what team in the lowest available English league (i mean right from the bottom) u'd recommend? Looking forward to a long-term challenge, aiming to win Champions League and Barclays Premiership in 5-6 years. So an expandable stadium and stable financial chairman are preferrable. Guess it'd need to be a promotion favourite in the 1st season as well.

Looking for a club in one of the top european leagues - relatively low debts, good training, youth setup and stadium - that can be challenging for the title and european glory after a few years. Any recommendations?

Club: Notts County

Division: Coca Cola League 2

Transfer Budget: £1.3 million, but can ask for a lot more

Board Expectation: Winner

Key Players: Ben Davies, Kaspar Schmeichel.

Pros: Sugar Daddy chairman, no debts, good starting squad.

Cons: Slightly aging squad, poor staff other than Tord Grip.

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): 5 (easy till you get to the Championship)

Additional Information: Don't underestimate the power of money :D

Excellent, glad I could help :thup:

Have a look in the PSG thread too, I wrote that one, so if you ever need any help I'll be in there :)

Make sure you keep hold of Aréola, Chantôme and Sakho, they are all potentially world class.

It's a great save mate, hope you enjoy :D

Club: Athletic Bilbao

Division: Liga BBVA ('La Liga')

Transfer Budget: Around £5 Million

Board Expectation: Avoid Relegation - Mid Table finish

Key Players: Llorente, Javi Martinez, Amorebieta

Pros: Solid core of players who, given the right direction, will keep you up.

Cons: Can only buy Basque players, meaning there is a huge - and I mean huge - reliance on youth (You can sign 'non-basque' Spanish U19's).

Level of Difficulty (1 to 10 - 10 being very hard): To stay up, 8. To win things, it has to be a 10

Additional Information: This is for people who like a challenge, very small player pool to choose from.

hiyant sure what team to be. I am wanting a long save game. Leauges i have got all uk the rest down too bottom. gemany,spain,france,brazil,argentina,italy.austria.swi.russia. czech rep ukraine. belguim, hland, portugal not botherd wat team justloking for od sae game

Archived