FM2010 Asian Football Confederation Project

rancer890

The prospect of the new Competition Editor in FM2010 gave me many sleepless nights (;)), thinking about the possible creation and expansion of various leagues in Asia.

With the new Asian Champions League format, my goal is to at least have the option to play as any country eligible to participate in the ACL for the upcoming season. This means the following countries:

West Asia

• Saudi Arabia
  • UAE
  • Iran
  • Uzbekistan
  • Qatar

East Asia

• Japan
  • Thailand
  • Vietnam

I have already found some initial data, although for most countries, there is little or no data.

I am also open to activating additional tiers to the playable countries in the game.

You can just declare your interest and I will update this post.

The basic guidelines for searching are here. Just find anything that is editable according to the blog. :)

If there are additional Asian countries that you are interested in researching, please post.

The initial data I have found can be found here

I may also not get FM2010 around the release date (lack of time due to uni, to avoid using too much of my time on FM and not enough on school), so once all the data has been gathered, I may ask one of you to put all the data into the db.

FM2010 Asian Football Confederation Project List

- Saudi Arabia - sydfc4ever

- UAE - dinamo_zagreb - Info

- Iran - Romanista. - Info , Dan13L

- Uzbekistan - Pompeyboyz - Done

- Qatar

- Japan - Eken10 - Info 1 Info 2 Info 3

- Thailand

- Vietnam - sydfc4ever

- China expansion

- Hong Kong expansion

- India expansion

- Indonesia expansion - (it's near impossible to find data on the 4th tier)

- Australia expansion - millwallrules

- New Zealand - millwallrules

- NSW (New South Wales I'll safely assume...) League - charlo116

- Victorian Premier League - damo666 - Info 1 Info 2

- Lebanon - Shaft® - Info

- Brunei - Unknown Hacker - Info 1 Info 2

- Oman - Unknown Hacker - Info 1

- Kuwait - Freagle, bu ghazi - Info 1 Info 2

- Tajikistan - Darth_Sidius

- Turkmenistan - Darth_Sidius

- Kyrgyzstan - Darth_Sidius

NOTE!!!

Thank you all for helping with this project!! Frank Ng, the FM official Chinese, Hong Kong, Singaporean, Malaysian & Asian Researcher has created the files, which can be accessed here

The Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan league files can be downloaded through the sites here. UPDATE: Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan 2. league, and Turkmenistan league updated here

A third update of the above leagues are here

Philippines and Northern Mariana xml files can be downloaded through the sites here

North Korea xml file can be downloaded here

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no knowledge of Asian football, so I probably won't be much help, but I'm just stopping in to say thanks to whomever is helping to expand FM in Asia. I'm looking forward to playing in Japan and Vietnam (only to manage that American misfit at HAGL :p).

My current editing focus is on CONCACAF, and like I said, I know nothing about Asian football (other than catching a few Asian World Cup qualifiers and seeing a few episodes of Football Asia), but after I'm done with my CONCACAF commitments, I'll be glad to assist with any internet based research and its corresponding editing.

Coasterkoa: You're welcome. And thanks for being interested in this project. As the creator of the SC2BC Asian Challenge, I did feel that we were underrepresented since all of West Asia was unplayable. I'm excited to possibly add 8 leagues, and expand some current ones. :D

sydfc4ever: Thanks for joining my project! :thup:

I would request the teams to be as recent as the 2009-2010 or 2009 season. :)

Rancer, I am planning on expanding the Australian Leagues to include the State League especially mainly the main ones being WA, NSW, QLD, SA and Victorian. I also want to add the New Zealand League, should add more realism to anyone playing in Australia.

Can you expand a bit more on the Australian State League? What's the difference with the A-League?

I'm not sure about the New Zealand League, since it's not part of the AFC region...I did think of possibly of including the OFC region, but there's no data on it. But I'm interested in this New Zealand League so it's a :thup: from me.

The prospect of the new Competition Editor in FM2010 gave me many sleepless nights (;)), thinking about the possible creation and expansion of various leagues in Asia.

me too, thanks FM2010 and SI Games

I can do United Arab Emirates as I d like to have team and much money.............like ''crazy'' sheiks who are now in England (City and P'mouth - I especially like their new boss, he looks like real fan) :thup: :thup: :thup:

I may also not get FM2010 around the release date (lack of time due to uni, to avoid using too much of my time on FM and not enough on school), so once all the data has been gathered, I may ask one of you to put all the data into the db.

Sir, in FM10 it seems like you can merge data files. So we can all work with the editor.

EDIT: Sir, can you just please make J1, J2 AND JFL playable, in Japan JFL is important.

Sir, in FM10 it seems like you can merge data files. So we can all work with the editor.

Oh, that's good. No need to worry about that then. :p

EDIT: if you can find the JFL data, then go ahead. :thup:

If there's enough info on the regional leagues, maybe add that in too. :D

But JLeague 1, JLeague 2, and JFL are seriously just good enough.

EDIT2: I don't that we can realistically recreate all this for promotion to J-League 2??

Ah, sir. Maybe we can do a playoff? Not real, I know, sir, but definetly more realistic than that no team gets promotion to J-League.

Yeah, just having the top 4 getting promoted to the J League would the best we can probably do. I don't think we have the ability to code all the J League associate membership requirements into the game yet. :p

Would you happen to know the approximate financial models of the J-League and JFL? (example: prize money)

EDIT: I misread wiki a bit. How many do get promoted to the J-League 2 on an annual basis (on average) anyways?

Yeah, just having the top 4 getting promoted to the J League would the best we can probably do. I don't think we have the ability to code all the J League associate membership requirements into the game yet. :p

Would you happen to know the approximate financial models of the J-League and JFL? (example: prize money)

EDIT: I misread wiki a bit. How many do get promoted to the J-League 2 on an annual basis (on average) anyways?

Her it is sir:

2007: 1

2008: 1

2009: 3

But now J-League will expand in a sonn future so say two teams up, two teams down (between J2 and JFL) or maybe a playoff between the four teams. Thats my recomendation sir.

About the financial aspects I sadly dont know.

EDIT: Sir, here what I think about the reputations: http://www.mediafire.com/?jvqimmmyczh http://www.mediafire.com/?uy00nyjqwye http://www.mediafire.com/?enkzmd43jje

Have nothing to do with this years standing, as you see. But thats how good the teams really are.

Her it is sir:

2007: 1

2008: 1

2009: 3

But now J-League will expand in a sonn future so say two teams up, two teams down (between J2 and JFL) or maybe a playoff between the four teams. Thats my recomendation sir.

About the financial aspects I sadly dont know.

EDIT: Sir, here what I think about the reputations: http://www.mediafire.com/?jvqimmmyczh http://www.mediafire.com/?uy00nyjqwye http://www.mediafire.com/?enkzmd43jje

Have nothing to do with this years standing, as you see. But thats how good the teams really are.

A playoff is a good idea. But I'm thinking more along the lines of:

J-League 2

• bottom club is relegated
  • 2nd worst team goes into a playoff

JFL

• top JFL team get automatic promotion
  • 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place clubs go into playoff

A random draw between the four clubs over a two leg aggregate. The winner of the playoffs get promotion. If this can't done through the editor, a straightforward 2 teams relegated/promoted would be fine.

And for relegation into the regional leagues, perhaps just a two clubs getting relegated outright (or be like the above).

We need to find some system for prize money for the league and the cups.

I might need to find the AFC researcher but have no idea how to do that...

The two worse team of JFL get a playoff between the two final teams in this cup: The current number of places in the tournament is 16, distributed as follows:

All regional league champions (9 clubs)

4 regional league runner-ups (4 clubs)

University club recommended by the university association (1 club)

Club recommended by the JFA (1 club)

All Japan Senior Cup winner (1 club)

Other clubs (other league runner-ups, Senior Cup runner-ups or third places, etc.) (0-3 clubs) - more allowed if Senior Cup holder has won a regional league or been runner-up

EDIT: Thats irl, sir.

With the new Asian Champions League format, my goal is to at least have the option to play as any country eligible to participate in the ACL for the upcoming season. This means the following countries:

West Asia

• Saudi Arabia
  • UAE
  • Iran
  • Uzbekistan
  • Qatar

East Asia

• Japan
  • Thailand
  • Vietnam

I have already found some initial data, although for most countries, there is little or no data.

I am also open to activating additional tiers to the playable countries in the game.

You can just declare your interest and I will update this post.

The basic guidelines for searching are here. Just find anything that is editable according to the blog. :)

If there are additional Asian countries that you are interested in researching, please post.

The initial data I have found can be found here

FM2010 Asian Football Confederation Project Interest List (Preliminary)

- Saudi Arabia - sydfc4ever

- UAE - dinamo_zagreb

- Iran

- Uzbekistan

- Qatar

- Japan - Eken10

- Thailand

- Vietnam - sydfc4ever

- China expansion

- Hong Kong expansion

- India expansion

- Indonesia expansion - JSalter

- Australia expansion - millwallrules

- New Zealand - millwallrules

- NSW (New South Wales I'll safely assume...) League - charlo116

- YOU DECIDE!

Thank you for assisting me with this project in advance!

Hey what about Malaysia and Singapore?

The two worse team of JFL get a playoff between the two final teams in this cup: The current number of places in the tournament is 16, distributed as follows:

All regional league champions (9 clubs)

4 regional league runner-ups (4 clubs)

University club recommended by the university association (1 club)

Club recommended by the JFA (1 club)

All Japan Senior Cup winner (1 club)

Other clubs (other league runner-ups, Senior Cup runner-ups or third places, etc.) (0-3 clubs) - more allowed if Senior Cup holder has won a regional league or been runner-up

EDIT: Thats irl, sir.

I hope the editor can code that all in. :p

Is that a single draw and single elimination, or is it like in groups, with top teams advancing to a single elimination round?

And 10vaders, are you interested in doing those leagues? I can assign you to those leagues. And if you know anything about the Malaysian league, do Beverly FC exist anymore irl??

I hope the editor can code that all in. :p

Is that a single draw and single elimination, or is it like in groups, with top teams advancing to a single elimination round?

And 10vaders, are you interested in doing those leagues? I can assign you to those leagues. And if you know anything about the Malaysian league, do Beverly FC exist anymore irl??

Preliminary round

The clubs are grouped in round-robin groups of 4, playing at a single city per group (no home-and-away format is followed). Only 3 matches are played per club, since the match location is the same. The winners of each group qualify for the final round.

Final round

The four group winners are grouped in a final group in a single locale, with three matches played per club. The top two places are guaranteed a chance at promotion, but this is subject to JFL place availability, and a promotion/relegation series may be used by the involved promotion-eligible clubs.

Round-robin rules

The usual 3-1-0 system is used; however, in case of a draw, a penalty shootout is added and the winner gets one extra point.

That´s it sir.

Take me off the list rancer for Indonesia please, there is absolutely no chance of finding any accurate info on the 4th tier :pHere is all I've found in a brief search, and wiki doesn't even have team lists for the top division. Anything else seems to be in Bahasa, so no chance there.

Take me off the list rancer for Indonesia please, there is absolutely no chance of finding any accurate info on the 4th tier :pHere is all I've found in a brief search, and wiki doesn't even have team lists for the top division. Anything else seems to be in Bahasa, so no chance there.

It's an amateur league...I don't think SI would have enough data for those teams. :p

Are you still interested in researching another league?

So is the plan to create XML files with the editor to add these leagues, or is the plan to also add all sorts of players and non-players to the database as well? Personally I'd like to see XML files without adding people to the database, because I'd prefer to see the player and non-player data left to the official researchers.

So is the plan to create XML files with the editor to add these leagues, or is the plan to also add all sorts of players and non-players to the database as well? Personally I'd like to see XML files without adding people to the database, because I'd prefer to see the player and non-player data left to the official researchers.

Then you're going to see a lot of teams and leagues with no players. To be honest, I doubt that research in Asia is very high on the priority list, and thus the research in that department is going to be quite poor. I know that CONCACAF is very stretched as far as research goes. I don't see why basic player creation shouldn't be included if a person has a good working knowledge of a league.

Jorge, you've got this thing about wanting a 100% perfect to life league, but the truth is even the leagues that SI creates and the players they rate aren't going to be 100% correct. The entire basis of this game is based upon educated guesses and benchmarks that could be far off real life. Heavily researched places such as England are going to be pretty close to real life, but most of their market is England. I'm not trying to be rude, if that is what it seems like I am being, but to be honest you have to take the game for what it is: a game. I had a similar complex to you when I first started the game, but now when I load a database, no matter how messed up I believe it to be, I just play the game as if that were real life. Its hard to explain exactly, but its like a snapshot in time, and I just go from there, as though it were reality.

That being said, this project should strive for realism in all aspects. But I would rather have a team of real player names, birthdays, nationalities, etc, and have their CA and PA be more or less "guessed" then to have a team with no players.

I'm not concerned about 100% accurate players. I'm concerned only with 100% accurate league structures and competition rules. Those are easy things to get right because they are not subjective. The only question is whether the game code can implement it or whether the new editor will offer enough options to handle the different structures and rules.

Player attributes will always be subjective, so I hardly expect accuracy there. I don't disagree about liking to have real player names and guessed CA and PA versus having no players at all. Names, birthdays and nationalities can be entered while leaving everything else up to the game to generate at random. But I simply don't trust third party data and will likely only use the SI database.

As far as there not being enough players, I don't think many people realize how many players and clubs from obscure countries are already in the database. I developed a spreadsheet two versions ago that outlined the numbers of players by each nationality in the game. It seemed pretty clear to me that there was all sorts of countries that had hundreds of players, meaning that their domestic leagues would be reasonably well suited to become playable in FM. At least the top flight would be okay in many cases, and the database is now much better researched than it was two years ago. Many of those players have limited attributes, but that simply brings us back to randomness, which is okay for me. I just don't want people making wild guesses. If you haven't been able to see these players play regularly, then you should not be assigning them attributes.

Countries as diverse as Pakistan and Uzbekistan, DR Congo and Mali, and Nicaragua and Honduras will have a very good supply of players. Sure, there may be some grey players filling out reserve squads, youth squads, or maybe the occasional few spots for the first team squad. But this doesn't bother me and isn't much different than some playable lower leagues in FM. Grey players can be signed to contracts or simply used as needed. In the long run, if the leagues are made playable, then the game should generate new crops of youth players each season, and these will help quickly fill up the league in the long run.

Sure, there will still be many small countries that are effectively unplayable due to the lack of sufficient players, but many of these are nations that will probably never be fully researched, because the information is simply not available out in the world.

Anyway, that's my view, but this topic is supposed to be about the AFC effort, and so I'll leave it at that. Hopefully I'll be able to modify the XML files or otherwise separate the league setups from the player and non-player data.

I searched in the credits and here is the official data researchers of the Asian leagues. :thup:

And this project has nothing to do with finding player data. That job can be left with SI and their researchers. They have the personnel and experts in the specific leagues to compile realistic data. The goal of this project is to emulate the real life Asian leagues with the most up-to-date rules and regulations and give the football manager more options in Asia. I'm not concerned with the amount of players in the database. If you load Australia, you can manage Vanuatu. I'm sure the Asian nations have a lot more players than Vanuatu.

I searched in the credits and here is the official data researchers of the Asian leagues. :thup:

And this project has nothing to do with finding player data. That job can be left with SI and their researchers. They have the personnel and experts in the specific leagues to compile realistic data. The goal of this project is to emulate the real life Asian leagues with the most up-to-date rules and regulations and give the football manager more options in Asia. I'm not concerned with the amount of players in the database. If you load Australia, you can manage Vanuatu. I'm sure the Asian nations have a lot more players than Vanuatu.

Sir, cant I fill in players for Japan, they have no players from domestic championship in it.

just checked how things are with iran in the game. there are all the teams from div1 and div2, however i see that many players have wrong positions. like a right back is a left winger, a midfileder is a winger....players also having wrong proffered foot. the attributes are a bit better but still far from real life.

And this project has nothing to do with finding player data. That job can be left with SI and their researchers. They have the personnel and experts in the specific leagues to compile realistic data. The goal of this project is to emulate the real life Asian leagues with the most up-to-date rules and regulations and give the football manager more options in Asia.

Fantastic. I'm certainly hoping that all the required information can be found, and I'll be looking forward to downloading the XML files once they're available.

My worry will still be that if players are also added, that may not be separable from the file that handles the league structure and rules.

Fantastic. I'm certainly hoping that all the required information can be found, and I'll be looking forward to downloading the XML files once they're available.

My worry will still be that if players are also added, that may not be separable from the file that handles the league structure and rules.

That's because there's not a single player in the db of Japanese players based in Japan...

Since there seems to be two camps, perhaps a "wet" and "dry" version of each league structure could be available. The "dry" version being simply the league creation (as well as can be done with the editor), and a "wet" version meaning added/adjusted players.

To echo something that Jorge Campos said, I wouldn't really want someone rating a player if they actually haven't watched the player, but I wouldn't mind someone taking a stab at player creation if they watched the league and such.

Or perhaps this is something for a separate project, a 'Community Research Project" if you will. Leave the AFC and CONCACAF projects (and I'm expecting having African, South American, European projects springing up eventually too) without player additions/adjustments, and then have a separate larger project involving research done by Forum users who could help fill out teams with incorrect/too little research.

I think the second option is a good one, and I will start it and organize it if you all think its a decent idea.

Since there seems to be two camps, perhaps a "wet" and "dry" version of each league structure could be available. The "dry" version being simply the league creation (as well as can be done with the editor), and a "wet" version meaning added/adjusted players.

To echo something that Jorge Campos said, I wouldn't really want someone rating a player if they actually haven't watched the player, but I wouldn't mind someone taking a stab at player creation if they watched the league and such.

Or perhaps this is something for a separate project, a 'Community Research Project" if you will. Leave the AFC and CONCACAF projects (and I'm expecting having African, South American, European projects springing up eventually too) without player additions/adjustments, and then have a separate larger project involving research done by Forum users who could help fill out teams with incorrect/too little research.

I think the second option is a good one, and I will start it and organize it if you all think its a decent idea.

Of course I havent seen all J-League players but as Rancer says im japanese and think I have a relatively good knowledge of the J-League, sir.

I see all the home matches for Urawa Reds also, so I have seen all J1 teams in action, and a few J2 teams sir.

The second is a good idea as with the new editor you it saves small parts of the DB into seperate files. So you can make one file with the leagu setup and teams without players and one with the players...

Archived