The 2007/08 Chelsea Thread

Philip Rolfe

1.Pinhas Zahavi (FLA) has failed to co-operate fully with the Inquiry. There was an initial failure to disclose his involvement in a number of transfers but, more seriously, he has failed to provide the Inquiry with complete bank statements due to the confidential nature of them. There has also been a lack of responsiveness by Zahavi. There remain questions relating to his relationship with and payments to Barry Silkman (LA) and Barry Silkman’s failure to initially disclose his involvement in all the transactions in which he received fees.

The Clubs, Club officials and players listed below all co-operated fully with the Inquiry and provided full documentation (including bank statements where requested). There is no evidence of any irregular payments to Club officials or players and they are identified here only as a consequence of the outstanding issues the Inquiry has with the agents identified.

iv)Didier Drogba(to Chelsea FC)

v)Petr Cech(to Chelsea FC)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the transfer of Michael Essien (to Chelsea FC), again there is no evidence to suggest any irregular payments to Club officials or the player, who all co-operated fully with the Inquiry providing full access to documentation (including bank statements) as requested.

However, questions remain unanswered as to the relationship between Francis Martin (buying Club agent), Mike Morris, Fabien Piveteau (player’s advisor) and Thomas Belsoeur (FLA).

Originally posted by Reddiablo:

Sheva 80% certain to leave, I have just read from some headlines?

Thats what Berlusconi says.

To be fair, doesnt he talk from his ass a whole lot? Admittedly, last year, all of a sudden he came out saying Sheva told him he wants to go to England. Shortly after that things got into overdrive.

I prefer Sheva to stay though. Would stil be interesting nonetheless to see who would be his replacement. Bets are on icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

he's simply one of those players that doesn't handle English football too well but is a star anywhere else (eg. Forlan, Kanoute)

I do think Sheva could be a lot better though, I've seen him perform so bad that you'd think he's a completely different player. Just because he wasn't in a good form and that he really really wanted to show that he's still a good player. Mentally things weren't too great. I remember him giving passes that don't even belong in the conference... that's form of the day for a player of his calibre though.

West ham to big for SWP again? over biding their 18M€ from january acording to some press

And if Sheva does go who do we go get? Tevez?

Malouda closer to coming? according to the press L'pool dropped out of the race cause he was too expensive.

A maior revelação do futebol brasileiro no ano passado deixará o país. De acordo com Renato Maurício Prado, colunista do jornal "O Globo", o Chelsea, da Inglaterra, pagará 25 milhões de euros (cerca de R$ 64 milhões) para levar Alexandre Pato, do Internacional.

Desse total, 17 milhões de euros (R$ 43,6 milhões) irão para o clube e o restante para o jovem jogador. Em menos de um ano como profissional, Pato, de apenas 17 anos, conquistou dois títulos internacionais pelo Colorado, marcando gols importantes: o Mundial de Clubes no Japão, no fim do ano passado, e a Recopa Sul-Americana, na semana passada.

Além disso, ele foi campeão sul-americano sub-20 com a seleção brasileira, que defenderá no Mundial da categoria a ser disputado no Canadá, a partir do dia 30 deste mês.

If it's true Chelsea got The Duck, it will be a shame. He could use a couple more seasons here before moving to Europe.

Good move by Chelsea anyway, if it happens.

Hi,

I do have a question to you chelsea fans.

Is there any real good reason for the change from the succesful 433 formation to the not as successful 442 formation , other than the dubious signing of shevchenko?

Are there any tactical reasons maybe?

Originally posted by Helarxe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A maior revelação do futebol brasileiro no ano passado deixará o país. De acordo com Renato Maurício Prado, colunista do jornal "O Globo", o Chelsea, da Inglaterra, pagará 25 milhões de euros (cerca de R$ 64 milhões) para levar Alexandre Pato, do Internacional.

Desse total, 17 milhões de euros (R$ 43,6 milhões) irão para o clube e o restante para o jovem jogador. Em menos de um ano como profissional, Pato, de apenas 17 anos, conquistou dois títulos internacionais pelo Colorado, marcando gols importantes: o Mundial de Clubes no Japão, no fim do ano passado, e a Recopa Sul-Americana, na semana passada.

Além disso, ele foi campeão sul-americano sub-20 com a seleção brasileira, que defenderá no Mundial da categoria a ser disputado no Canadá, a partir do dia 30 deste mês.

If it's true Chelsea got The Duck, it will be a shame. He could use a couple more seasons here before moving to Europe.

Good move by Chelsea anyway, if it happens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would help if it was in English, not all of us are fluent in Portuguese?

Originally posted by almos:

Hi,

Is there any real good reason for the change from the succesful 433 formation to the not as successful 442 formation , other than the <STRIKE>dubious</STRIKE> signing of <STRIKE>shevchenko</STRIKE> ballack ?

Originally posted by Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by almos:

Hi,

Is there any real good reason for the change from the succesful 433 formation to the not as successful 442 formation , other than the <STRIKE>dubious</STRIKE> signings of shevchenko and ballack ?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

basically says a columnist for Brazilian paper O Globo has said that Chelsea have offered €25 for Alexandre Pato of Internacional.

Cheers - you know anything about him? Would you expect him to come to us straight away or spend a couple of years at PSV or something (like Alex)?

• SI Staff

The big revelation in Brazilian football according to Renato Mauricio Pardo, journalist of O Globo, Alexandre Pato (Internacional) could be off to Chelsea for 25 million EURO

he scored important goals in Colorado and uhmm stuff

The fastest rising star of Brazilian football from last season will leave the country. According to Renato Maurício Prado, from "O Globo" newspaper, Chelsea will pay 25 million Euro (about R$ 64 million) to buy Alexandre Pato, from Internacional.

17 million euro of this tally will go to the club and the rest to the player. In less than one year as a professional footballer, Pato, age 17, won two international titles for Internacional, scoring important goals: the Club World Cup, in the end of 2006, and the South American Supercup, last week.

He was also under-20 south american champion with the Brazilian national team, with whom Pato will be playing the U-20 World Cup played in Canada, starting in the 30th of this motnh.

Originally posted by Go-Go:

Cheers - you know anything about him? Would you expect him to come to us straight away or spend a couple of years at PSV or something (like Alex)?

Spending €25M on a player and then farming him off to PSV. Somehow I doubt that..

So what where Chelsea thinking? If Man U can pay huge amounts for Anderson/Nani, we'll just do the same with Pato? icon_biggrin.gif At least it shows ambition, eh Drogba? icon_wink.gif

So this kid will receive €8M at the age of 17? He's done quite well then I'd say icon_biggrin.gif Lets hope he's worth is. If he is, I'll get very excited. I'll wait for that first though. Did it last year with Sheva and that turned out wrong. icon_razz.gif (still hope he comes good though this season)

Besides, Pato isnt exactly on the same level as Sheva, so we should probably give him a few years.

But still, €25M? Young players get more expensive by the year. Man U with Anderson and Nani, last year Agüero for €23M.

Originally posted by Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by almos:

Hi,

Is there any real good reason for the change from the succesful 433 formation to the not as successful 442 formation , other than the <STRIKE>dubious</STRIKE> signing of <STRIKE>shevchenko</STRIKE> ballack ?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still banging the omgz Ballack is the worst signing ever drum. Congratulations, I don't know how you can live with being so wrong for so long though.

The Times who are not that bad with transfer speculation have also said PSV have asked to loan Slobodan Rajković for this season from you.

I think one thing we can take is that even if he doesn't go to PSV, Rajković is a Chelsea player now.

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

Hi,

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still banging the omgz Ballack is the worst signing ever drum. Congratulations, I don't know how you can live with being so wrong for so long though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re-read popyles and stop being a knobhead.

I've deliberately crossed out the dubious bit. The reason we changed formations without question is Ballack. I'm not saying he's rubbish. Now get off the high horse about him!

Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I think one thing we can take is that even if he doesn't go to PSV, Rajković is a Chelsea player now.

Yeah though we just had first option on him but we must have him now if there is talk of the loan to PSV.

Is it hard to loan in England? i mean the Dutch league isn't exactly the best place for Defenders to learn since from the scores they really can't defend icon_biggrin.gif although he would get CL action if he can become a regular.

Shame he hasn't been playing on the euro champs i would like to have seen him..he should get some time on the next game since they're already qualified.

Also in other news Arnesen apparently turned down a chance to go to valencia to earn more than at the Bridge

link

Is it hard to loan in England
it hard to loan in England? i mean the Dutch league isn't exactly the best place for Defenders to learn since from the scores they really can't defend

The loans Chelsea have done so far to PSV seem to be more for getting a WP than for the best experience.

Originally posted by Benoit2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

Spending €25M on a player and then farming him off to PSV. Somehow I doubt that..

So what where Chelsea thinking? If Man U can pay huge amounts for Anderson/Nani, we'll just do the same with Pato? icon_biggrin.gif At least it shows ambition, eh Drogba? icon_wink.gif

So this kid will receive €8M at the age of 17? He's done quite well then I'd say icon_biggrin.gif Lets hope he's worth is. If he is, I'll get very excited. I'll wait for that first though. Did it last year with Sheva and that turned out wrong. icon_razz.gif (still hope he comes good though this season)

Besides, Pato isnt exactly on the same level as Sheva, so we should probably give him a few years.

But still, €25M? Young players get more expensive by the year. Man U with Anderson and Nani, last year Agüero for €23M. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

€25M for Pato is pretty fair IMO, as he is our most promising player at the moment, and Chelsea can pay that much.

He is Inter's top goalscorer this year, by the way. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it hard to loan in England

it hard to loan in England? i mean the Dutch league isn't exactly the best place for Defenders to learn since from the scores they really can't defend

The loans Chelsea have done so far to PSV seem to be more for getting a WP than for the best experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, we're not adverse to sending players out on loan in the UK for sure if it's going to benefit them. Both Mancienne and Sinclair were on loan in the UK, because they didn't need work permits, and probably weren't good enough for PSV tbf.

PMLF, tell me more about this Pato guy. All I've watched is that one video, shows a lot of mad skills which I doubt he'd get away with in the premiership, some good finishing, some fantastic heading, and a dive. That a good summation of his career so far? icon_wink.gif

Besides what you said, he is pacy and he can take free kicks.

His ball control is great too. He is very skilful, etc...

On the other hand, he lacks stamina (he is often substituted in the 2nd half for this reason) and he is still skinny for the EPL.

He's only 17 though right. I guess beefiness would come with age. Still think that in general South Americans haven't faired as well in England as they could. The ones that have that stick in my mind are players like Gilberto Silva who aren't your typical flair filled Brazilians.

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

He's only 17 though right. I guess beefiness would come with age. Still think that in general South Americans haven't faired as well in England as they could. The ones that have that stick in my mind are players like Gilberto Silva who aren't your typical flair filled Brazilians.

Yes, he is still 17 and he is surely going to become stronger and with better stamina. He is already stronger this year than he was in 2006.

• Administrators

well it sort of puts some sense to something I wondered for a while, I saw Pardew at our last reserve game of the season, Sahar scored. Not sure who he was after and whilst the link is tenuous, it's possible.

Some comments from Steve Clarke at the end of last season suggested Sahar's development towards the end of the year stagnated as he got tired, he played at five levels last season, to be expected, but maybe won't be a part of the senior squad initially. Charlton's possible, I'd actually love to see him go there.

Archived