Rotation or a stable 11?

I try and build up a squad of 2 good players in each position and use a meritocracy. I start with what I consider my strongest then swap players around after a bad performance (only if there are certain individials, obviously if there's a particularly poor run where the team isn't outclassed, replacing most of them every time isn't a good idea), injury suspension, or tiredness. Obviously there are exceptions, especially as it takes time to get a squad like that. young players that are good enough to play but need plenty of action to develop fully and players that are rather better then their counterpart may be given the occasional benefit of the doubt and occasionally I might keep or replace a player on a instinctive whim.. Even when sticking to a fairly rigid 11 when I need to, anyone playing well can stay in the team as long as they keep it up. I suppose it is rotation but for me that implies switching players for the sake of evening playing time out, not for most of the reasons I switch.

A lot of rotation for me. I usually want to have a big squad, at least 2 for each position, in order to handle injuries/suspensions/fatigue etc. And by having a big squad I also have to keep the players happy. So I do a lot of rotation, however if a player is doing well I will keep him in the side as I don't want to drop in-form players and I do have a selected 11 that I want to play with in big games, if possible. My preffered choice is to have a young backup in each position, they usually have more patience if they aren't playing week in week out. And obviously if I'm playing in a lot of competitions I will rest key players for important cup games like the CL, if I'm in a position to do so.

That's something I should have added - I will rotate quite a bit if/when I reach that point in a season where, like Haynes28 just said, we have loads of matches in a short period of time. This is where having a large squad with plenty of healthy youngsters comes in handy :thup:

Normally I play a stable XI, but I had a hellish April because of getting my East Belfast side into the CL group stage so a ton of games got rearranged, then the All-Ireland Cup rearranged a ton of games too, which meant I had about 15 games in April. It got so bad that I had to draft in my youth squad to protect my tiring first team squad of about 20.

As previously mentioned, because of the insanely rate of injuries, I've had to rotate. Some games I've had 5-6 injuries, and I rarely have a game without at least 1 injury.

I play with Juventus, I don't have a strict training regime, and I never field players with low condition..

Archived