Fm update version 5 2009/2010 season

Chris22

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has he mucked about with stats?

Yes, it does make a better update but it only takes a few over-rated strikers to kill your enjoyment, the benchmark is... 150 is your average Premiership player, and when there's unproven/terribad strikers in Germany rated alot higher than that, it is abit silly. I've gone back and edited anybody with a high CA. I just prefer things to be as realistic as possible.

However, he's done every transfer I've seen apart from Lee Chung-Yong to Bolton. Well done to him.

i thought you said that you had cracked the hard coding and we could start in the year 2009? It the year 2008 the game starts on, whats going on?

He's posted since then saying it won't be included as cracking the game like that causes major crashing.

Yes, it does make a better update but it only takes a few over-rated strikers to kill your enjoyment, the benchmark is... 150 is your average Premiership player, and when there's unproven/terribad strikers in Germany rated alot higher than that, it is abit silly. I've gone back and edited anybody with a high CA. I just prefer things to be as realistic as possible.

However, he's done every transfer I've seen apart from Lee Chung-Yong to Bolton. Well done to him.

He's posted since then saying it won't be included as cracking the game like that causes major crashing.

To be fair..Pompey are rich which is wrong and Saints have the likes of Skacel/Smith who have been released.

Thats just the two teams I have looked at I have found a problems with.

Fair play though.

- Marko Arnautovic is still at FC Twente, his transfer to Inter has not gone through yet.

- Riccardo Meggiorini has been transferred to Genoa.

- Francesco Bolzoni has been transferred to Genoa.

- Ivan Fatic has been transferred to Genoa.

why is it people moan about little things on the update chris proberly spends hrs doing this update for us cos there gonna be a few mistakes in there instead of critising just fix the litttle prob u see

It's not really criticism as such it's more helping Chris out to make sure his update is as close to realism as possible I'm sure users such as Humzi appreciate the amount of time and effort Chris puts into his updates, human error is always going to happen whoever does these updates.

Grafite & Dzeko at 165? That makes them as good as Mario Gomez, Berbatov and Ronaldinho. They're just not in the same league.

Dzeko and Grafite scored 28 and 26 goals in league last season. Gomez scored 24 in the same league while playing more matches than both of them, Berbatov only had 9, but assisted 9 too, and Ronaldinho barely did anything. So it looks like they are in the same league. They also scored much more than Klose and Toni who are in the same league and have higher CA's. He also tuned down Vagner Love, which was the right thing to do.

So, I say well done thanks for the update.

Nothing to do with the database (which is very good btw)

Could you post up the folder with the competition badges that you use on your screenshots please?

I have been looking for a decent English Comps logo's but the only ones I could find are inside a navy blue circle

Many Thanks

Dzeko and Grafite scored 28 and 26 goals in league last season. Gomez scored 24 in the same league while playing more matches than both of them, Berbatov only had 9, but assisted 9 too, and Ronaldinho barely did anything. So it looks like they are in the same league. They also scored much more than Klose and Toni who are in the same league and have higher CA's. He also tuned down Vagner Love, which was the right thing to do.

So, I say well done thanks for the update.

There's a difference between quality and form. Berbatov and Ronaldinho have both played below their level this season.

Everybody acknowledges that Grafite is bad, he's 30 and not done much with his career until this past season. Plus, the German league doesn't have the cast iron defences there once was. He did score an awesome goal last season but I wouldn't give him any other praise.

Dzeko has the potential to be a good striker, but his CA really shouldn't be above a Premiership European place challenger's equivalent strikers. We're talking the likes of Aston Villa, Everton and Tottenham. A shouldn't be drastically altered because of one good season. Remember, Dzeko only scored 8 in 28 the previous season. His career goal ratio wouldn't be impressive at all without this season's hot run of goals. He could easily come off this hotstreak failing to score and fading into Michael Ricketts like obscurity.

Could you post up the folder with the competition badges that you use on your screenshots please?

I have been looking for a decent English Comps logo's but the only ones I could find are inside a navy blue circle

Yes, yes, yes... C'mon Chris share them with us all! (;

Anyway could anybody be so kind as to tell me before I download this update if Championship teams have 7 subs instead of 5? Has this been updated?

Right. I have just signed Jan Venegoor of Hesselink as Saints manager.

I think I will turn off now before my bids for Zenden, Campo, Lita and Hugo Viana all go through.

I appreciate Saints being rich. But were in league 1 ffs. Players like that should not want to play for us.

I'll go and enjoy Weegie's update I think. They haven't messed around with stats. Just updated.

There's a difference between quality and form. Berbatov and Ronaldinho have both played below their level this season.

Everybody acknowledges that Grafite is bad, he's 30 and not done much with his career until this past season. Plus, the German league doesn't have the cast iron defences there once was. He did score an awesome goal last season but I wouldn't give him any other praise.

Dzeko has the potential to be a good striker, but his CA really shouldn't be above a Premiership European place challenger's equivalent strikers. We're talking the likes of Aston Villa, Everton and Tottenham. A shouldn't be drastically altered because of one good season. Remember, Dzeko only scored 8 in 28 the previous season. His career goal ratio wouldn't be impressive at all without this season's hot run of goals. He could easily come off this hotstreak failing to score and fading into Michael Ricketts like obscurity.

Yeah I agree with most of that, could just be a fluke, but 28 goals in 24 games is still pretty impressive. His CA may be a bit much, but not outrageous, he wont progess any further though at least. He did give Dzeko a reasonable PA, if not a little high also. Who knows, but I like having different players be good for a change. It feels like a completely new game. He did do an equal amount of CA lowering it seems, so it should balance out, and it's not like Dzeko is available for too cheap, I think I was quoted at 17m. Podolski may have got an undeserved boost though ;). Forlan looks like the best striker in the game with the composure boost, and he's available for a decent price.

Can't get em all right though, and I really like the changes made, so thanks again.

anyone else had problems downloading??? i've downloaded twice now, and both times it says a file is corrupt... i can still copy the folder accross to the db folder, but it wont load up in the editor... says it fails to load...

also fails to load in the game... just says " could not load data " any suggestions??

"people_db.dat" the file is corrupt.... Help!

it seems like nobody has had trouble downloading this?? which makes it strange for me to have a corrupt file in my download doesnt it?? any help guys?

maybe u can open it using the data editor and save it as something else or save it as the same file name... and try loading the game again

hope that might help.. just thinkin about it from an IT perspective lol might wanna "recreate the people.db file by saving over it....

TY.

After having a quick look through genie scout the only criticism I have is Cristiano Ronaldo having Dirtiness of 3. It should be more like 18 or 19.

Edit: Just realised that its the same on 1.3, I hope they change it next season.

can anyone tellme how to do this. i have downloaded the file and tried to put it in my db file it looks like this.

name date modified type size

900 02/08/2009 09.39 file folder

fm_update_v5 01/08/2009 21.55 izarc rar archive 75,679

i have also tried to put it inside the 900 file but both these arent working. what am i doing wrong? please help, so confused

Yes, it does make a better update but it only takes a few over-rated strikers to kill your enjoyment, the benchmark is... 150 is your average Premiership player

How sure are you about this? and if an average potiental for a premiership player is 150 then 170 is near world-class. As long as they get to their potiental that is.

just found a site with loads of blue square prem north and south transfers aswell more italy portugal transfers post link later guys i will all so post the logos i use if any one intested

just found a site with loads of blue square prem north and south transfers aswell more italy portugal transfers post link later guys i will all so post the logos i use if any one intested

Yes please with updates for Swindon Town.thanks

can anyone tellme how to do this. i have downloaded the file and tried to put it in my db file it looks like this.

name date modified type size

900 02/08/2009 09.39 file folder

fm_update_v5 01/08/2009 21.55 izarc rar archive 75,679

i have also tried to put it inside the 900 file but both these arent working. what am i doing wrong? please help, so confused

It's a .rar file, kind of like a .zip file. You need WinRar to unzip it.

uploading v5.1

fixes in update

re done southampton finace so there not so rich and they wont bye unrelistic players

done loads more transfers for the chapionship down to blue square south of the website i found early today i wish i found it a few days ago lol

done a few argentina transfers

lee chung-yong is now at bolton

i have now done the new newcastle third away kit

m.arnautovic is back at fc twente he has not signed for inter yet

i will uploade my logos i use if any one whants them

No no no. Southampton are rich. They just won't be buying players like Hesselink on a free.

We are the 5th richest team in England. We should be richer than Pompey, but the money should be spent on players who will play in league 1. And as Saints progress through the leagues, the money spent is more and on better players.

No no no. Southampton are rich. They just won't be buying players like Hesselink on a free.

We are the 5th richest team in England. We should be richer than Pompey, but the money should be spent on players who will play in league 1. And as Saints progress through the leagues, the money spent is more and on better players.

southampton are still rich mate

Liked your updates, but not using this one. Think you should release a version with stat updates, and without, as some of the updates are way off the mark.

Good update, well done, but I'll no longer be using it.

thats ok mate it just takes to long to do two updates one with player sats and one with out

Archived