Official Saved Game thread

VA101

Anyone got a game they would like to share?

Upload your saved game and post it here, people can give feedback on what they have achieved.

Club:

Difficulty Level:

Year:

Database:

Playable Leagues uploaded:

Viewable Leagues uploaded:

Countries retained:

Accomplishments:

Other Clubs you have been at:

Link:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stating Difficulty Levels:

Easy: The top league clubs and those expected to rule their particular leagues, this excludes relegation fighters.

Medium: Lower leagues (League 1 and League 2 equivalant) and relegation fighters. Also including bigger clubs that are major trouble with finances.

Hard: The bottom tier clubs, with barely any funds or reputation.

Almost Impossible: This is only for special cases, mostly edited databases. Examples include bottom tier clubs such as Wimbledon being put in the Premier League from the very start of the game.

Other Rules

There aren't very many rules for this thread, but when uploading a game, please say what part of the season you are in (e.g. Mid-season). If you are uploading a database in which you have edited the game say so as well.

Stevie G

Personally, I think the reason you have not won the league is because you have no depth in your squad. If you take away those who are listed or loaned out, you have 17 players. IMO, to have a healthy squad, you need at least 22 and at most 26. In you first team squad, you need to bring in (by buying and promoting people in your reserves) 2 more centre backs, a right winger, a left winger and 2 strikers. You have good youth players and a fantastic first XI though.

Why is this a sticky? Just curious.

Because I wanted it as one, as it will be useful for all those people who keep posting 'I'm bored' threads. Now I can close them and redirect to here, or other simliar threads.

Club: Celtic

Difficulty Level: Easy

Year: Sept 2011

Database: Large

Playable Leagues uploaded: 41 Leagues

Viewable Leagues uploaded: 41 Leagues

Countries retained: 0

Accomplishments: 4 Leagues , 4 League Cups and 2 Scottish Cups

Other Clubs you have been at: None

Link: http://files.filefront.com/cfcrar/;11158634;/fileinfo.html

Version: 8.02

Been woeful in Europe , so maybe you can (probably will :) ) go a lot further .

Super idea :thup:

it is a good idea, but would it not be better linking it throught o the challenges/sign-up threads?? we are just discussing with Dafuge about setting up something almost identical to this, so would it be best to link the two together in some way??

Club: AC Milan

Year: 2013

Database: 8.0.2

Playable Leagues uploaded: Italy, Spain, England

Viewable Leagues uploaded: Scotland, Germany

Countries retained: Scotland & Brazil

Accomplishments: 5 league titles in a row. European champions

Other Clubs you have been at: None

Link: http://files.filefront.com/AC2fm/;11211194;/fileinfo.html

Ok here's my game. Not 100% sure what stage it's at as this is the link to the game on my work laptop.

I've got a great squad here and a very solid tactic.

Have a go see what you think.

it is a good idea, but would it not be better linking it throught o the challenges/sign-up threads?? we are just discussing with Dafuge about setting up something almost identical to this, so would it be best to link the two together in some way??

I was talking to Dafuge a few weeks ago and we (i think) decided to do some link stuff of some kind, as things are easily adaptable to fit here. I'll catch him later on MSN and have a proper chat, see what we can brainstorm :)

I was talking to Dafuge a few weeks ago and we (i think) decided to do some link stuff of some kind, as things are easily adaptable to fit here. I'll catch him later on MSN and have a proper chat, see what we can brainstorm :)

that'd be great. i'm not sure how easy it'd be (alhough i can't imagine it being difficult) and it just seems to make sense, that's all :thup:

Richard76: You have a great squad, but it is way too big! You have 30 players in your first team squad, and a bucketload of hot prospects who are almost ready to make the jump to the first team. How you've managed to keep everyone happy is beyond me! Cut down on your squad till you have around 22-25 players in your first team, including prospects that can be back up.

Richard76: You have a great squad, but it is way too big! You have 30 players in your first team squad, and a bucketload of hot prospects who are almost ready to make the jump to the first team. How you've managed to keep everyone happy is beyond me! Cut down on your squad till you have around 22-25 players in your first team, including prospects that can be back up.

Yea I know.

I don't play that game any more now. Moved on.

The reason I wanted to play as Milan is I wanted a big team after my first game as Leicester.

I wanted to transform their ageing squad and turn it into a top young team. Once I'd done that and won the title 5 years on the trot I kind of lost interest a bit and started all over again.

I was disappointed I didn't win more champions leagues though.

I was also annoyed I couldn't sign Fabregas.

I've always beleived in squad rotation in every CM/FM game I've played. That's the key to keeping players happy. Unless its a really big game I don't play a player with less than 95% condition.

Club:

Bank Balance:

Transfer Budget Remaining:

Wage Budget Remaining:

Difficulty Level:

Year:

Database:

Countries retained:

Accomplishments:

Link:

wouldn't this format be better so we can see what we have to work with

Club:

Bank Balance:

Wage Budget Remaining:

Difficulty Level:

Date:

Database:

Countries retained:

Accomplishments:

Link:

So we know whether we can do any spending, selling etc.

maybe cos i brought him to the club and he wanted to be with the current manager but he retired then so he just resigned? ive been trying to get rid of him anyway and get a better one in so maybe that works out better for you? let me know how you get on and what you think of my tactic and squad/prospects

i have downloaded Stevie G's save but when i retire (as Alby Coates) to use my profile why does the assistant manager resign?

If your assistant and/or coaches have the manager on the save listed as their favourate people then they'll resign if the manager leaves.

ah thanks richard cleared up nicely :D didnt know i was his fave personel :D

ah yeah one more think singhy what was players and fans reaction when you retired me?

I think it's a really good feature.

Do you think they got the black armbands out???

Club:

Bank Balance:

Wage Budget Remaining:

Difficulty Level:

Year:

Database:

Countries retained:

Accomplishments:

Link:

wouldn't this format be better so we can see what we have to work with

If people want to add more info then fine, but the template in the first post is a good starting place.

Club: Birmingham and Egypt

Difficulty Level: Medium

Year: 2011

Database: Large

Playable Leagues uploaded: England, Scotland, Spain, France and Germany

Viewable Leagues uploaded: None

Countries retained: None

Accomplishments: None yet

Other Clubs you have been at: Nigeria

Link: http://files.filefront.com/Birminghamrar/;11214279;/fileinfo.html

This is a good game its my girlfriends and only her second ever go on FM08 she used to play LMA so thought it was my duty to get her into a proper managing game. She had a go as Arsenal and moved to Valencia but in this game wanted a challenge so went for Birmingham first season I told her if you avoid relegation that would be a good season and she finished 17th. Second season I said aim for midtable and she finished 6th but then disaster the board sold Luis Jimenez and this meant the 3rd season she finished 8th and got knocked out in semis of the UEFA cup. Onto the 4th season and its now 5th of Feb and she is 5th in the league and still in the FA Cup and UEFA Cup and also hnas a League Cup Final to play against West Ham.

Birmingham are 250k under their wage budget and have got £8.8 million in the bank and a transfer budget of £9.4 million. The team is great up front and in the midfield but the defense is short as the board accepted an offer for Diakhare I think his name is and off he went she tried to sign Vidal to replace him but his work permit was turned down and due to it being a last minute deal never got to appeal.

The problem with this game or the challenge is that she has not got many wingers due to playing a flat back 4 with 3 CMs an AMC and 2 Strikers. Had a bit of a bad run that knocked the team from 4th to 5th lost 3 in a row or maybe 4. After 2 wins in a row it appears to be a blip.

So anyone want to see how girl plays FM08?

I have zipped the file so let me know that it works please. Hope to hear from someone soon if only all women played FM.

The difficulty levels are a bit wrong imo

Easy should be teams that are dominating there league, example the top 4

Medium should be people who are mid table, or lower leagues

Hard should be people who are fighting relegation, or in major debt in mid table things like that

Just my opinion

Club: Newcastle United

Bank Balance: -9.75 million (woops)

Transfer Budget Remaining: £100,000 (if you look at the bank balance, it makes sense.)

Wage Budget Remaining: £425,000 (see, it's not all bad)

Date: 27th November 2011

Database: 8.0.0

Playable Leagues uploaded: England (premiership and championship) Spain (first division and liga BBVA) Italy (Serie A and Serie B) France (Ligue 1 orange and Ligue 2 orange) Germany (first and second divisions) Holland (premier and first divisions) Portugal (Bwin Liga and Liga Vitalis)

Viewable Leagues uploaded: -

Countries retained: -

Accomplishments: 2 Premierships, 2 FA cups, League cup, 2 Champions Leagues, Club World Championship, 2 Community Shields, 2 European Super cups.

Other Clubs you have been at: Brazil, just quit.

Link: http://files.filefront.com/Newcastle+07+fm/;11260437;/fileinfo.html

I haven't played on this game in yonks as i felt i'd achieved basically everything at newcastle and felt i couldn't really do much better.

however, the redeeming quality of this game is the wealth of talent i have in my squad and the vast amount of great youngsters i have, hence why i am recommending it :D

it's on the original 8.0.0 patch btw, another reason why i stopped playing it.

also, because of the great players i have in all areas of the field, you can tweak it as much as you like :D

however, a new dm is needed desperately.

that's all i can say about it atm, enjoy :D

Richard 76

Finding it hard to settle into a game so will try out your Milan save looks good, interested to see what players you bought may move teams though seeing as you have won everything

I will let you know how i get on =]

Cool, let me know how you get on.

Club: Red Star Belgrade

Difficulty Level: Easy (League) Hard (Europe)

Date: July 10 2009/2010

Database: 8.0.2

Playable Leagues uploaded: Serbia

Viewable Leagues uploaded: Brazil, England, France, Germany, Spain, Holland, Portugal, Italy

Countries retained:??

Accomplishments: Superliga Champion: X2 SerbianCup: X2 SuperCup: X1

Other Clubs you have been at: N/A

Transfer Funds: £6,340,000

Wage Budget: £71,000 (£12,000 avail.)

Link: Red Star Belgrade

Club: Newcastle United

Bank Balance: -9.75 million (woops)

Transfer Budget Remaining: £100,000 (if you look at the bank balance, it makes sense.)

Wage Budget Remaining: £425,000 (see, it's not all bad)

Date: 27th November 2011

Database: 8.0.0

Playable Leagues uploaded: England (premiership and championship) Spain (first division and liga BBVA) Italy (Serie A and Serie B) France (Ligue 1 orange and Ligue 2 orange) Germany (first and second divisions) Holland (premier and first divisions) Portugal (Bwin Liga and Liga Vitalis)

Viewable Leagues uploaded: -

Countries retained: -

Accomplishments: 2 Premierships, 2 FA cups, League cup, 2 Champions Leagues, Club World Championship, 2 Community Shields, 2 European Super cups.

Other Clubs you have been at: Brazil, just quit.

Link: http://files.filefront.com/Newcastle+07+fm/;11260437;/fileinfo.html

I haven't played on this game in yonks as i felt i'd achieved basically everything at newcastle and felt i couldn't really do much better.

however, the redeeming quality of this game is the wealth of talent i have in my squad and the vast amount of great youngsters i have, hence why i am recommending it :D

it's on the original 8.0.0 patch btw, another reason why i stopped playing it.

also, because of the great players i have in all areas of the field, you can tweak it as much as you like :D

however, a new dm is needed desperately.

that's all i can say about it atm, enjoy :D

That is one 'mad ass' game mate.

I took over after you retired, put in my current very simplistic tactic that has been working well for me...and off!

I got rid of all the top earners (Saivet is on £200k a week!!!!!!!!!!!), Saivet, Owen, Kaka, Pirlo etc etc - and put in some of the 'superb' kids in the reserves and youth squads...plus a few signings of my own.

In the January window you can secure great bargains, I signed Nani from United for £300k!!!! Also signing on free for July I signed players like Zhikov, Mathieu and Balotteli...for nada!

The kids are great and the game is easy peazy lemon sqeezy. If anyone is tired of always struggling on FM (you get these posts every now and again) then I would suggest that they try this game to get that winning feeling.

Personal highlight beating Liverpool 7-2! ;)

ooo, glad to see you're enjoying it lol.

yeh the wages were annoying me too, just couldn't be bothered in the end :p

the 'winning feeling' does get kinda boring after a while though.

what do you think of my regens in the reserve team btw???

As I say the regens are all top notch, enough for 2-3 teams in fact. I never findmany myself.

But they are progressing with 7* training right now and had to play three kids in ECL final (won 4-2 vs Lazio I think). Mati Fernadez is tearing up the league since his injury.

Reigning EPL and ECL winners, over £50m in transfer fund and wage budget is greatly improved. All pretty painless. :)

Oh...the three kids I played in ECL final were Smith (ST), Campos (GK) and a central midfielder whose name I forget. They have never looked out of place.

Aguero is getting mighty high bids...interesting!

haha, well i'm glad to know you're having so much success with them :D

yeh i can remember smith, i never really played him in that many games but it's good to know you're getting him playing :thup:

and i brought in quite a few good regen 'keepers as given isn't good enough anymore.

if it's not too much trouble, could you show me what formation and things you play?

i found i had so many top quality players i never knew who to play or how to play them, so i just stuck with a 4-4-2 lol.

Club: Man Utd

Date: November 22nd 2008

Database: Medium

Playable Leagues uploaded: England Championship +

Countries retained: none

Accomplishments: Premier League 07/08, Champions League, Community shield, Euro Super cup

Link:http://rapidshare.com/files/134284794/MAN_U.fm.html

If you want to buy in january you'll have to sell first as only 337k budget remains after the purchase of Alves and Aguero

@Piddy - Well imagine a 4-4-2 with the left sided striker pulled back to a AMC role. Give that AMC a farrow and instructions to play through balls often. Then get your MC behind the AMC to have a barrow aimed nehind the other MC and the other MC to have a short farrow. Full backs are instructed to hit it long to centre, which means they knock it down the flanks for the RM/LM or ST to collect.

Here is the team. Won the league by almost 20 points.

------------Campo------------------------

Alves----Vidal------S.Taylor----Bale-------

M.Fernandez--Navas--M.Richards--Di Maria

----------------------V.Persie-----------

--------------Bojan----------------------

The player in the AMC does a lot of good stuff. If V.Persie is not doing it then I can throw Fernandez in there. the whole thing is pretty fluid.

I do not use the corner trick or indeed use any instructions for corners, freekicks or anything else.

lol Richard76 your squad is WAY big. I got the fright of my life when i first looked at it. I'll work to trimming all the older players such as Pirlo, Gilardino and Zaccardo, altho that means my squad is almost devoid of italians. Blame Italians for not having younger players then!

Also some of your youngsters are not up to mark, such as Jonny Evans and strangely, Henri Saivet. On your game he looks surprisingly lacklustre. Will post how I get on then. Overall, looks like a good game, and surprisingly isn't too laggy on my laptop.

Archived