Øyvind Hoas

I found this guy on my Lyn save, he starts off in the first division of Norway from a tiny club called Sarpsborg, needless to say, he warranted a chance playing in the capitol. He is slow as dirt, but as a target man, he is a beast, atleast in Tippenlaegen so far, but technique 18, good first touch, he's 6'8'' with jumping 19 and heading 16, I think he might be able to translate his game to the championship, maybe even lower prem? He only started off with a value of 6k. You need to have all norwegian leagues loaded o course

Øyvind Hoas-BARGAIN

2l9mhc.jpg

He's extremely slow though. I've never had a player with 5 pace and 7 acceleration.

yeh he's slow as dirt, I play him as a target man aimed to head, who runs with ball mixed, forward runs mixed, holdup ball, and next to this guy on Lyn Kim Holmen who is 20 accel 18 pace, that guy makes up for Oyvind's slow lazy ass, again this is just norwegian league but I think if you pair him with a quick striker it covers his extreme slowness kindof

set him to challenge keeper in corners, and every corner is basically a gimme haha

i dont think he could cut it in prem or higher cuz his determination is a lousy 7, even in Norway league despite having better technical stats than nearly everyone by far, and strength and jumping to tower over everyone, his low determination and average workrate is making him solid-but no way world beating in anyway. If he's not dominating Tippenlaegen I'm not sure he'll cut it in the prem, but championship should be fine

He does have some seriously bad determination. Christ. Don't know how someone can be so .. unmotivated? ... to play football. Payed 100k for him (New patch), and scored in his first match. (Ok, so it was an 8-0 thrashing against a non-league team called Barrow, but he still managed to score).

i know, he is the most talented player in norway, atleast from what I've seen technically, on par with Skjelbred even, but he just doesn't seem to give a crap.

However, its either i got my tactics sorted or hes finally gelled with the team, but the past 4 games with lyn he has gotten 2 goals in each game, and now has 15 goals in 11 appearances. I just had to figure out how to use him right, and on corners yes, they are just too easy for him, just need a corner taker who doesnt kick it out of bounds 50% of the time and i got it made.

His value is rising alot too the more he scores

It's funny that his Jumping is 19 too - which means not only is he 6ft8, he has a ridiculous standing leap as well!

This is what happens when basketball isn't a popular sport in Norway ^^

Who says white boys cant jump?! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've had him in my teams a few times and don't rate him at all. He's scored about 10 goals for me in all, playing in Denmark and League One. I even experimented with a tactic that had seen Eduardo score 46 goals in the Premier League and Hoas still couldn't score.

• 1 month later...

Just signed him for £25k as the offer was too good to refuse, I'm really please with my strikeforce now, he's keeping Henri Anier out of the squad. Half my goals now seem to be 3-Point plays, goal kik delivery to him, head on to Mame Biram Diouf who's pretty pacey for League 1, Biram scores 1v1....déjà vu every match=P

Archived