Real London CSE - Opening ideas

Ok, so here is the idea.

I'm going to go to the FM09 Editor. I'm going to create a club called "Real London CSE" - it will have a stadium with a capacity of 6,000 - but only 3,000 seated. It will have 1 for the amenities, and other values will be set to 0 - unless that happens to be "random" - in which case they will be set to 1.

I will be Chairman, naturally

2 Directors will also be employed. These will be filled by 2 CSE member of my choice. It will NOT affect them from being a player in the team.

I'll open a sign up thread, and have the gaps filled in. However, I'm going to chose some CSE members to pre-fill slots, because sometimes the "first come first serve" thing is a pain in the arse (yay, I can say arse on the forums) - if you get 15 people who sign up but never play again.

I'll fill in the details, put the club in the BSS and then put the game up for download. Then, close the sign up thread, open a new "Real London CSE - Small Club to Big Club Forum Challenge" thread, and track the movements of peoples careers in the thread.

The thing that will hopefully set this aside from other challenges is, that there could be 10, 15, 100 games with YOU playing in it. So you can have great careers or poor careers. You can manage yourself, too.

I'll also be doing 1 more thing for those who don't make it into the sign up, but want to be involved. I'll be putting the file in the game, so that other users can get born into the game at a later date. (From what I've assumed, its actually the next season) - These will all have fave club as Real London CSE - so should hopefully come up through my youth team.

So yeah, whats this thread for, you ask?

Well, its just to see if anyone feels any other additions, or indeed restrictions should be added in, as to not giving Real London CSE an advantage over other BSS teams. I want it to be a challenge, and will not allow the players to be out of their depth, but will provide them with high P.A - (not overly high) - so that as the club hopefully moves up the divisions, the training gets better and so do the players. Also, all players will be on very long contracts, (if the editor allows that) - and will have Ambition of 0 and loyalty of 20.

If anyone thinks there are better value ranges to allow people a long career at the club, let me know

But you'll still sign up, right ? ;)

PaulHartman - firstly, add Goldy to OTF FIFA09 Reserves. :D

Secondly, I don't know why, but I'm under the impression I ca just give them 20 year contracts? If not, perhaps a future transfer would be the way, except they will all have TRN signs in there name for ever.

I wanna be a player. :D

Looks great Nep. Maybe have a 170 or so PA? Maybe get a random draw where 1 or 2 lucky players can boost their PA. :p

Yeah, well, we need to discuss this. I mean, if someone has 17 CA but 170 PA, will they still outshine? Will they ever get close to the 170 PA... Would something like 130 (which IIRC is Championship credentials) - be a better range. What currently is the average CA for a BSS player? What is even the average PA for those kind of players?

But you'll still sign up, right ? ;)

PaulHartman - firstly, add Goldy to OTF FIFA09 Reserves. :D

Secondly, I don't know why, but I'm under the impression I ca just give them 20 year contracts? If not, perhaps a future transfer would be the way, except they will all have TRN signs in there name for ever.

Hm I've never seen it possible to add such a long contracts but I could be mistaken.

What are you thinking for CA and PA? I haven't really ever had much experience in the English lower leagues i'd guess that the top players in the BSS would be around 70-75??

And is PA going to be set so that the team is not full of world beaters (if they reach there PA), but rather a team of very good players?

Not even very good players tbh. Just your average players. Perhaps a couple of good'uns, because we don't want to be stuck in the division for ever. I don't have any idea what sort of CA and PA the lower league players have, in all honesty, so I wouldn't know where to begin.

Reposting here:

Hey Nep,

Interesting idea. :D

Just a few comments that might help you with this.

I'll be putting the file in the game, so that other users can get born into the game at a later date. (From what I've assumed, its actually the next season) - These will all have fave club as Real London CSE - so should hopefully come up through my youth team.

I don't believe that the favourite club thing actually influences where the regen will turn up.

The reason I say this is because I've seen the SI head researcher for BSS (who is generated as a regen - same concept as the regen file) turn up all over the place and I've not seen him turn up at his favoured club yet.

...will provide them with high P.A - (not overly high) - so that as the club hopefully moves up the divisions, the training gets better and so do the players. Also, all players will be on very long contracts, (if the editor allows that) - and will have Ambition of 0 and loyalty of 20.

This might be difficult to pull off in terms of PA. I'm not sure how easy it would be to stop the AI teams trying to sign your players if they have high PA. However, high loyalty should definitely help as would setting reputations low and trying to keep them low for as long as possible.

Giving low ambition might backfire hugely though as it doesn't just indicate how likely they are to jump ship to a bigger club, but also how hard the player in question will work to be the best he can be. With low ambition, the player might never meet his PA.

What I would suggest is giving the players reasonable CA (for the level you want to start at), really good PA (at the level you want them to play at), making them very loyal, professional and quite ambitious. Also give them low reputations and fairly low consistency.

The loyalty should help with making them stay at your club. The professional and ambition ratings should help them reach their PA. The low level of consistency (6ish probably best) should mean that they don't play to their full CA regularly straightaway, which means that their reputations won't suddenly skyrocket. I've been doing some tests regarding consistency and it will naturally increase over the course of the game as the players become more experienced. Therefore, the players should get better as they get older (hopefully the same with your club as it moves up the divisions).

There is a few thoughts for you. Sounds like it could be quite a fun game. :thup:

C.

Cheers crouchy, I'll take into account what you've mentioned. I guess you figured out the Consistency thing went away with that holiday game you ran?

also, are you going to sign up ;) - you don't have to play the game, but you may want to track your career. Is there any other way I can pre-program players to be born into the team in years to come?

just something else to think about, if the players were to inevitably leave the club they could always be resigned when Real London are in an equal or higher division and can afford them. (Obviously only if the person doing the challenge wanted to resign them that is, just thought that everyone would want to keep 'themselves' at the club as long as possible)

just something else to think about, if the players were to inevitably leave the club they could always be resigned when Real London are in an equal or higher division and can afford them. (Obviously only if the person doing the challenge wanted to resign them that is, just thought that everyone would want to keep 'themselves' at the club as long as possible)

Yeah I mean, you might come across other players that you sign and prefer, but it could be nice for the people involved to get updates of the players and stuff. Like a sign up and challenge all rolled into one :D

To get people to have more of a chance to "be born into the club" (as you put it :D), would it not help to have them born in the area (if possible)? Most of the youths I get on my Leeds save are from the surrounding area, and so having them born in the area of Real London CSE should increase the probability of them coming up through the ranks there, should it not??

Cheers crouchy, I'll take into account what you've mentioned. I guess you figured out the Consistency thing went away with that holiday game you ran?

also, are you going to sign up - you don't have to play the game, but you may want to track your career. Is there any other way I can pre-program players to be born into the team in years to come?

Yes, I did a few holiday games (because I'm a total nerd :D) as I wanted to see how it developed over the course of a player's career.

I'll sign up to be included, for sure! :D

Only way to get players to be 'born' into the game that I know of is that regen file. They could turn up anywhere though and could be utterly rubbish. But they will have 'Real London' as their favourite team, which should mean they are easier to sign.

It could add an extra element to your challenge though, getting people to try to sign as many CSE regens as possible. :thup:

If you put enough regens in, you should get enough for all levels of the pyramid, which means that if someone loses some (or all) of their original squad, they can still sign up CSE regens. :thup:

C.

I wondered when you where going to do something bigger with the Real London concept, sounds good. I'd be interested in signing up to track my progress in other peoples games but not to play it myself (time limitations currently).

Interesting fresh idea.:thup:

Guest roberto922

As I said in the ideas thread, great idea. The only suggestion I could think of after reading through was to use future transfers but thats already been said.

Anyway, gl :thup:, any idea when the sign up thread will be up?

Cool idea and a nice change from the usual sign up format. :)

I'd love to be a part of it (I can supply a regen face too if necessary) though I can't make any promises about taking part as there are so many things to do on FM already but so little time.... ;)

Great idea this mate, And I'd love to be apart. I've always been heavily interested in your 'Real London' adventures inside the Small Club to Big Club challenge thread.

I reckon the best way to make sure the players stay at your club, Is to give them a huge, long term contract (In my Nuuk sign-up, The lad's are signed up until 2020) and also give them a future transfer about when you reckon the sign-up will finish. That way you'll be keeping hold of the players for as long as you need to, but the players will know they can 'get out' as soon as that time rolls around.

Guest mikeytwigge

looks like a really good idea always wanted to manage myself but never bothered putting me in the db efore

I really don't think the future transfer thing is the right road to go down. If people play the game for a while then they may want to sell a couple of the players or get rid of them, but with a future transfer in place they will not be able to, and will be forced to keep all the players until they retire.

Guest roberto922

Isn't that kinda the point of the challenge? To get to the top using CSE forumites, otherwise it's just Dafuges Challenge renamed

I'd like to be a part of this as it looks like its going to take off :D

Don't do future transfers as it limits the possibilities of the players and means they will always be looking forward to moving clubs and not caring about Real London.

Isn't that kinda the point of the challenge? To get to the top using CSE forumites, otherwise it's just Dafuges Challenge renamed
That's the point I think, Is that we want the forumites to be the centre point of the team and consistently getting games!

Thats very true. I would assume though that those taking part in this will be keen on keeping all the forumites (I know I am :D), but if a massive offer comes in for someone at some point then it would be nice to have the option of possibly offloading them. Also, if the team isn't good enough for the top flight then I wouldn't just want my reserve team full of forumites, instead it would be nice to report on their career away from the club (as they may get sold). This is as much about reporting on the careers of the forumites (the sign-up part), as climbing the leagues with the team (the challenge part).

I may be wrong :D

How about putting Real London in the BSP instead of the BSS and giving the players 5 year contracts so that it would add another element to the challenge eg if in 5 years time you haven't reached the premiership then you run the risk of losing your stars.

How does a -9 PA sound for the players? That way the sign up players PA will be different on everyones game.

Hope it helps :)

How about putting Real London in the BSP instead of the BSS and giving the players 5 year contracts so that it would add another element to the challenge eg if in 5 years time you haven't reached the premiership then you run the risk of losing your stars.

How does a -9 PA sound for the players? That way the sign up players PA will be different on everyones game.

Hope it helps :)

-9 is too high. -7 is more realistic imo.

Archived