Alternative 3D Match Balls Pack

gillsminnow

Match Balls for 3D view by gillsminnow

Pack contains 6 default balls and 6 winter balls.

Rename and replace them as you wish with the files from the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\sigfx\meshes\ball

Or wherever your FM file happens to be located.

The files that you will need to rename/replace are:

Default ball - ball_shader.dds

Winter ball - orange_ball_shader.dds

balls.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zomom0k5ymo/ball.rar

Also dont get it, should we rename the ball files to the stanard names and do we then get onyl 1 ball or is it possible to get all 12 used.

EG:

Rename "Ball 7" to "ball_shader"

Rename "Ball 1" to "orange_ball_shader"

and replace them with the existing files.

From what I see it's only possible to have one default and one winter ball loaded at any time hence having to pick your balls from the ones I've created and do it this way.

Can you see thumbnails of the files?

Balls 1-6 I created for my own personal winter use and have no white on them.

Balls 7-12 I created for my own personal default use and as such all have white on them.

I'm not here to say "use this ball for default and this one for snow" hence why I said it's upto you.

These are brilliant :thup:

Could I be really cheeky and ask for a variant making? If possible I'd like ball 2 recolouring to be white with a wide yellow stripe bordered by two black stripes. Or ball 11 to have yellow where the red is.

• 4 months later...
Oh, I thought you meant that you physically couldn't. Fair enough then.

Dose anyone still have these please i can have filefront link is dead:thup:

can send me them through msn my email address in my profile

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How did you get them working?

Extracted the files and copied the one(s) I wanted to Program Files>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>data>sigfx>meshes>ball and renamed it ball_shader.dds or orange_ball_shader.dds then refreshed the skin cache as though I'd installed a skin or logos.

It's the same method as with FM09 I think, I just couldn't get it working previously in FM10 but it did when I tried again. It only works in the 3D match engine obviously, I'd love a version that worked in 2D if anyone knows how.

Can someone please be kind enough to re-upload the file? Your balls look GREAT gills!! (This really sounds wrong...lol)

If gills says it's ok, I'll happily upload them (not sure I have the full set, but I still have most of them).

Extracted the files and copied the one(s) I wanted to Program Files>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>data>sigfx>meshes>ball and renamed it ball_shader.dds or orange_ball_shader.dds then refreshed the skin cache as though I'd installed a skin or logos.

It's the same method as with FM09 I think, I just couldn't get it working previously in FM10 but it did when I tried again. It only works in the 3D match engine obviously, I'd love a version that worked in 2D if anyone knows how.

To install 2D ones you just need to do the same as what you did for FM09 and previous versions.

If you already have the 2D balls you just need to download the base skin and install them as per the instructions in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=154934

If gills says it's ok, I'll happily upload them (not sure I have the full set, but I still have most of them).

For god sake, why will he mind that you upload his great work??? He would probably do it himself if he wasn't so busy or something....can someone PLEASE UPLOAD IT!?!?!

Yeah, i made some images that were the same size as the normal ones, one for normal, one for winter. Renamed them from .png to .dds overwriting the old ones. Went into FM and reloaded the skin cache. They still show up as being black in the engine though.

Yeah, i made some images that were the same size as the normal ones, one for normal, one for winter. Renamed them from .png to .dds overwriting the old ones. Went into FM and reloaded the skin cache. They still show up as being black in the engine though.

I don't think it's that simple tbh. I've got the necessary codec to produce dds files in Photoshop but don't know which settings to use. The game just crashes when I try and use the ones I made :(

I'll re-upload them tonight, if gills is unhappy about it I'll remove the link

Archived