Alternative 3D Match Balls Pack

gillsminnow

Any chance you could tell me the settings you used to create them gills? I've got a codec for PhotoShop that will allow me to create DDS files but the balls constantly crash FM when I try to use them - presumably due to some small option that's been incorrectly selected :(

Yeah, creating the file is the easy bit. When I try to save it as a dds file I get about 50 different options and have no idea which set to choose.

I'll have to see if I can find a different codec or use a bit of trial and error.

Well seeing as I've now made my own succesfully working in-game, I thought i'd give you some help jp.

If you are using the NVIDIA D3D/DDS plugin for photoshop, just save it using the default settings making sure you selected generate MIP map.

Is it possible you could do the classic Adidas Tango design?

I'll take a look, if its really high detail stuff then no, as it's pointless a gills has already mentioned. Even using the closest camera to the pitch the ball is still so small that any real detail would be lost.

Actually, scratch that, I'm not even going to bother trying to figure out the UV map of a football to try and wrap on a sphere. Maybe this is the main reason SI just used a blank white, it's too hard to figure out where the panels go to add the details.

Actually, scratch that, I'm not even going to bother trying to figure out the UV map of a football to try and wrap on a sphere. Maybe this is the main reason SI just used a blank white, it's too hard to figure out where the panels go to add the details.

ok thanks anyway for having a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived