FM16: FC Internazionale Milano - Year Zero, take five

GunmaN1905

XbQJzLN.png

rhtQf8n.png

History

The Club was founded on 9 March 1908 as Foot-Ball Club Internazionale following a schism from the Milan Cricket and Football Club. A group of Italians and Swiss were unhappy about the domination of Italians in the Milan team and broke away from them, leading to the creation of Internazionale. The name of the club derives from the wish of its founding members to accept foreign players as well as Italians.

"This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

— 9 March 1908, Milano

100%20Inter%20-%20Primi%20giocatori.jpg

Early years

The club won its very first Scudetto in 1910 and its second in 1920. The captain and coach of the first Scudetto was Virgilio Fossati, who was killed in World War I.

During the fascist reign in Italy the club was forced to merge with the Unione Sportiva Milanese and was renamed Società Sportiva Ambrosiana. Return of the name Internazionale came after the World War II.

Over the years up to 1960s Inter won total of seven Scudettos and first Coppa Italia. Giuseppe Meazza was greatest player in that era and eventually the stadium was named after him.

Grande Inter

F3WiwWk.jpg

In 1960, Helenio Herrera joined Internazionale from Barcelona, bringing with him his midfield general Luis Suárez. The (in)famous catenaccio was introduced, 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation based on counterattacking. Modern day attacking wing-backs as we know them today originate from that formation. Giacinto Facchetti was widely regarded as the first attacking and scoring wing-back at the time.

Internazionale finished third in Serie A in Herrera's first season, second the next year and first in his third season, followed by back-to-back European Cup victories in 1964 and 1965. For his team's performances, Herrera would earn the title ll Mago, In 1967 Inter lost in the finals against Celtic and that was the end of an era.

From 1970 to 1990

Two more Scudettos were won in 1971 and 1980. Inter lost another Champions Cup final to Ajax in 1972.

Last Scudetto before the dry period was won in 1989. Inter's best players were the German duo Andreas Brehme and Lothar Matthäus.

Jk3FVFE.jpg

The dry spell

In the 1990s Inter won three UEFA Cups in 1991, 1994 and 1998, but that wouldn't satisfy the fans because not a single Scudetto was won over the years.

Masimo Moratti, Angelo Moratti's son, took over the club in 1995. He had a dream of creating a new Grande Inter that was dominating the Europe during his father's presidency in the 60s.

He was one of the first oil tycoons to take over a club and he started mindlessly spending the money, mostly on players that didn't live up to the expectations. But not all of the signings were failures. His first signing was a young right-back from Argentina, anonymous Javier Zanetti. Inter scouts went to scout Ariel Ortega, but came back with Zanetti instead. Another one was Ronaldo who was the best player in the world in the late 90s who's career got hampered by injuries. Inter at the time was known as a club with loser's mentality. They played good football, but the money wasn't spent wisely. Squad always had plenty of great strikers, but defense was lacking. Season was 97/98 and in the game that was basically deciding the title Ronaldo was brutally stopped by Iuliano inside the box and the referee stood silent, only to give Juventus a dubious penalty in the counter-attack. Inter lost the Scudetto and ever since that day people knew something was rotten. Moratti was notorious for changing coaches. Total of 17 coaches were changed over the 18 years of his reign. The biggest blow to Inter of that era happened on 5th of May 2002 where they needed a win over Lazio on the last matchday to secure the long awaited title. Inter lost 4-2 and Ronaldo's tears on the bench are still remembered by many up to this day.

1Ll5TkV.jpg

The uprising

Couple more years passed and then Calcipoli happened. With no real competition Inter won Scudettos two years in a row. In season 06/07 Mancini's Inter had record-breaking 17 wins in a row and was playing amazing football, dominating over Champions League winning Milan in the both derbies. Moratti wanted the Champions league and when Mancini kept losing in the first knockout round he got the sack. Mourinho came and the rest is history.

Getting to the top is easier than staying there

In the first season Mourinho also got knocked out in the first knockout round and he couldn't implement his 4-2-3-1 formation. He played 4-3-1-2 instead, because his big signing, Quaresma turned out to be a huge flop. Inter won the title easily and then the 09/10 season came.

Ibrahimović was traded for Eto'o, Sneijder, Milito, Lucio and Motta were brough it. Noone believed in the squad without Ibrahimović who was carrying Inter over the past three seasons. In the second matchday Inter trashed Milan 4-0 and everyone knew something great will happen in that season. Champions League was a struggle at start, Inter barely got out of the group by winning in Kiev in the dying minutes of the game. Pandev was brought in the winter mercato and Mourinho started using his 4-2-3-1 formation. Scudetto was won over Roma on the last matchday and in the Champions League Chelsea, CSKA and Barcelona were beaten. Everyone remembers the parked bus on Camp Nou, but the first leg 3-1 win over Barcelona was a true masterpiece. When the last three games with thre trophies in play came, Il Principe Milito decided all of them with and with four goals in three games Moratti's dream was fulfilled. Mourinho left for Real Madrid and the downfall started. Squad was getting older, everyone had huge wages and no fresh blood was introduced. Benitez won World Club Championsip and Leonardo won Coppa Italia in 2011. Ever since that Inter hasn't won anything. Moratti left the presidential spot in 2013 and Indonesian businessman Erik Thohir took his place. Still, nothing changed, at least not until this season. Hence the year zero, take five title. Over the past four seasons every year was the so called year zero, start of a new project for Inter and every season was a failure. This season started well, perhaps even in the Football Manager it's the time to take over the Europe again. It's up to you.

wXlGRmf.jpg

The trophy count of the only never-relegated Italian club up to this day

gX29LbJ.png

Rivalries

You play the Milano derbi, Derby della Madonnina against AC Milan and Derby d'Italia against Juventus.

Other rivals are Roma, Napoli and Atalanta.

Facilities

The legendary Giuseppe Meazza with capacity of 80.018, all-seater.

vhUjzg5.jpg

Finances

If you select Champions League goal you have 10mil€ as your starting budget and some wage budget to spare. The thing is that you'll need much more to buyout players currently on loan. Nevertheless it should be fairly easy to do so as I'll explain in the players section. You'll go in the red at the end of the first season no matter what, but don't worry. Don't worry if you get into the Champions League, otherwise it's gonna be really hard. Much like in real life where Inter commited a lot this season and Champions League is a must for financial stability. But after playing Champions League for a couple of seasons you'll get filthy rich and never have any financial trouble again.

The Players

507.jpg

Goalkeepers

1. Samir Handanović

Your first choice goalkeeper, good overall stats, although I think he's better irl than in the game, especially over the past year. His contract runs out in 2016, renewing it is a no-brainer, even if you're gonna sell him later.

30. Juan Pablo Carrizo

Decent backup, should suffice, especially in the first season where you don't have many fixtures to rotate. He can become homesick after the first season tho, you can offload him then.

46. Tommaso Berni

Third choice, he's pretty bad, but his wages are really low and he never complains. I usually keep him as the third keeper. He's a homegrown player and that's his only upside.

Strong area overall. No changes neede for the first season, or at all if you're comfortable with Handanović. I personally can't skip on Rulli for free, who's also Italian national. He becomes one of the best goalkeepers in the game and should last you for around 10 seasons. Bardi is also a good backup when he comes back from loan.

Central Defenders

25. João Miranda

Your best defender at the start of the game, you should be able to get good couple of seasons out of him, but he can also get homesick as he gets older. You can have him tutor Murillo at start of the game which works out well enough for his Murillo's mental stats.

5. Juan Jesus

Left-footed central defender, can also play as left-back where Mancini has been using him this season. Great overall stats, except for heading, which isn't that amazing but he's a great taclker. I'd personally never sell him since he always performs great. Stats in 2018.

24. Jeison Murillo

A bargain from Granada, best young player of this year's Copa America and spiritual successor to legendary Ivan Cordoba by the looks of things. Always performs, definitely a keeper alongside Juan. You're good to go in the central defense department with two of them together for like 10 seasons. Stats in 2018.

23. Andrea Ranocchia

His career at Inter is spiraling donwards really fast, he lost the capitancy and is a benchwarmer these days. In the game he's your best defender in terms of aerial ability, but he's also the slowest one. Depending on your tactics, he might be useful. But he has pretty big wages for a bench player and I usally offload him for decent amout of money, between 10 and 15mil €.

15. Nemanja Vidić

A huge mistake. Joined from United in summer of 2014, had some bad performances and two big injuries in a row. Injured for 6 to 7 months at start of the game. Huge wages and you can't get rid of him via transfer. Only option is to terminate his contract, but you don't really have funds to do so in the first season. He can be a great tutor and that's it.

Also a very strong area. You can maybe bring in someone transfer listed or some young prospect. I personally cash in Ranocchia and bring in some experienced backup at the end of the first season for free, like Zapata. Terminate Vidić's contract after the first season if you don't need him for tutoring.

Full Backs

21. Davide Santon

His first big appearance was back in 2008 when he was a teenager that kept Cristiano Ronaldo at bay, but as we all know Inter's handling of young and uprising stars is usually terrible and he was sold to Newcastle some time later. He came back in last winter's mercato and has been decent. In tha game he performs pretty well, is natural on both sides. Keep him. Definitely a starter because of good overall attributes. Stats in 2018.

14. Martin Montoya

In real life his Inter career is pretty much over because he isn't tactically good enough for Mancini and his stellar defense. In the game tho, he's pretty great and is always one of the better performers. He has a 8mil€ buyout clause which is a no brainer in my book. I've managed to sell him back to Barcelona for 45mil€ after the third season.

12. Alex Telles

Another full-back on loan from Galatasaray. Good technical attributes, but weaker on the defensive ones. I don't keep him because you already have two equally good full backs coming back from loan at the end of the season and there's young Dimarco.

55. Yuto Nagatomo

Can play both flanks equally well and even play in the as wide midfielder, but his defensive attributes are pretty bad. He's also turning 29 soon and I usually offload him for between 10 and 15mil€.

33. Danilo D'Ambrosio

Same as Nagatomo, he can play both flanks, but is simply a worse player than Santon and Montoya, even Telles. You can offload him for 10-12mil€.

6. Dodo

Injured for 2 to 3 months at the start of the game. Atrocious defensively. I sell him for 6-8mil€ as soon as he recovers.

Also fairly strong area with Dimarco as a great prospect. I wouldn't spend any of my money on full-backs unless you're going for world-class ones. You can get Danilo who often gets transfer listed for the right or Digne for the left back after you get into Champions League.

Midfielders

17. Gary Medel

The Pitbull. Defensive midfielder, warrior and heartbeat of Mancini's side this season. Pretty good in the game as a defensive or ball winning midfielder, is also natural at centre midfielder position. Can also be used as central defender, but I'd advise against that. His weaker side is that he has no aerial presence at all. Should be a starter if you play with 3 midfielders.

83. Felipe Melo

Mancini wanted him at all costs and he's been playing pretty good this season. Turns 32 as soon as the game starts basically and he lacks physical attributes to play anything except for stationary defensive midfielder or deep-lying playmaker. You should always have him tutor Gnoukouri as soon as the game starts since they get along very well and he boosts Assane's mental stats for quite a bit.

7. Geoffrey Kondogbia

The beast. Amazing physical stats, well-balanced mental and physical stats. To use him as anything else except for box-to-box midfielder is a waste of potential because he can cover everything. From winning the ball at 20 meters away from his goal, to starting the counter attack and finishing it in the other box. Never sell him. I got offers up to 95mil€ from PSG at the end of the first season. Stats in 2018.

77. Macelo Brozović

Was terrible in the last version, but he's pretty good now. Paired together with Kondogbia he covers the whole pitch and never stops. Good overall attributes and running for days. He's also a keeper. Very consistent performer, never has a bad game. Has Frank Lampard style preferred moves and Lampard is his idol. Stats in 2018.

13. Freddy Guarin

He either wrecks Inter's fans nerves or puts them in delirium. Not a team player, not consistent and can't run as nearly as much as Brozović or Kondogbia. But he can perform some magic when he has his day. If you manage to retrain him he can do well in AMC position. I usually sell him after the first season for like 13-17€. 29 at start of the game and his contract runs out in 2017. If you wanna renew it it he'll want a wage increase which he doesn't deserve.

Strong area, maybe lacking a playmaker if that's your preferred way of playing. You can bring in the usual Lucas Romero, who's Italian national or somebody like Borja Valero who's transfer listed. Later in the game you can get the lost son Kovačić back to Meazza for a bit less than 50mil€ in the second or third season. I also like Grzegorz Krychowiak from Sevilla as a holding midfielder a lot, reminds me of Cambiasso.

Wingers

22.Adem Ljajić

On loan from Roma, can be bought out for 12mil€. Natural on the left wing, attacking midfield and striker position. When he's in form he does pretty great, but he can also be terrible due to his bad personality. His contract with Roma runs out in 2016 so you should be able to sign him for free most of the time because he rejects their offer. Good for a couple of seasons then easily sold for over 30mil€. Best free-kick taker in the squad, scores pretty often for current version of the game.

44. Ivan Perišić

Transfer saga that lasted whole summer long finally came to an end and he joined in late August. I think his mental stats, especially his work rate, team work, vision and determination should be a lot higher because if you've ever watched him you'd see that he always tracks back whole game long and is not selfish. Stamina should be also higher. Nevertheless, he's natural on both wings and he performs pretty well. Good aerial ability, also. I've sold him for 45mil€ at the end of the first season, Premier League sides get interested in him.

11. Jonathan Biabiany

Speed demon and nothing else. Watching him with the ball is a pain. Useful back-up player and good as a late sub to score some goals from counters. If you're determination freak like myself, he's a pretty good tutor to youngsters.

You need another winger, especially if you're playing with Jovetić as attacking midfielder and not inside forward. Gabriel Barbosa and Andrija Živković are the obvious choices, both bargains and world class potentials. Especially since no big names will want to join you at start and you don't really have the money anyway. At the start of seson two I've managed to get Hulk for 10mil€ since he was unhappy and he beasted for 3 straight seasons.

Strikers

10. Stevan Jovetić

Whenever you watch Inter this season, it's pretty obvious that he's currently the best player at the club, maybe even the league. Produces magic very often. Great all-round stats, he can play upfront, as a classic no.10 or be easily retrained as inside forward on the left side. Biggest issue is that he is injury prone and if you're unlucky, he's likely to break his leg sooner than later. On loan from Manchester City until 1st of January 2017. Buyout clause is 12mil€ which is a no-brainer unless injuries destroy him.

9. Mauro Icardi

Icardi scores. Nothing more, nothing less. Except for more goals. It just happens all the time. Advanced forward that doesn't really offer that much in the build-up, but if you get the ball to him in the box, goal is imminent. Current captain of the club and possibly the best pure striker in the game. Never sell him. He usually has around one goal per game ratio. In this version tho, he can be pretty injury prone and that's something you should watch out for.

8. Rodrigo Palacio

Still pretty good at start of the game, but he declines rapidly. Big wages and his contract expires at the end of the season. If you're not playing with two upfront or not bringing in any young strikers in some bargains you should offload him. Goes for around 2mil€.

No need for a striker, you can offload Palacio, especially if you play with lone Icardi upfront and you bring in someone like Barbosa. In the second season I like to get Klose because he's an amazing tutor and he can still get 10-15 goals for you as a backup.

Players loaned out at the start of the game

Crisetig and Taider were unfortunately sold to Bologna and are joining them in 2017 so you can't do anything about that.

Federico Bardi

Decent goalkeeper, I usually use him as my back-up when he returns from the loan. Stron aerial ability and commanding presence in the back, weaker in the flashy saves department.

Marco Andreolli

Not good enough for your squad, on loan at Sevilla. You can get around 3mil€ for him at start of the second season.

Alvaro Pereira

Pretty good overall attributes, he usually declines the buyout from Estudiantes. His contract runs out tho and you should renew it. Either keep him as a backup left-back after that or sell him for around 8mil€ at start of the second season.

Cristiano Biraghi

Decent young left-back, but not even close to potential of Dimarco. Same contract situation as Pereira. Either keep him as a back up or sell for around 8mil€ at start of the second season. Free money basically.

Diego Laxalt

Same as Andreolli. Same situation, same price.

Samuele longo

Not good enough, his contract is expiring, but you can extend it and sell him for some money, same as Laxalt and Andreolli.

There are a lot more young players that are loaned out, but they're not even worth mentioning. Just offload anyone who's over 20 at the start of second season.

Hot prospects

Zinho Vanheusden

Belgian central defender. He can develop into a pretty good player with the right guidance. Vidić can be useful here as a tutor.

93. Federico Dimarco

Already made some apperances for Inter. Is a great potential. Have him tutored and put him in the senior squad with availability for u20 games. Should turn out pretty good later. On that screenshot of mine it didn't happen because he had injury issues. Stats in 2018.

27. Assane Gnoukouri

Upcoming beast. As I said in the Melo part, get him Melo tution and his mental stats rise quickly. Great overall attributes and he can be a great pairing with Kondogbia later on. Put him on the senior squad with u20 availability. Stats in 2018.

Andrea Pinamonti

Great prospect in real life, can also turn out to be amazing in the game. If he turns out well, he can be your next Icardi. On that screenshot I've had him tutored by Klose who helped him out well and skyrocketed his determination. Stats in 2018.

Few more youngsters that have good potentials on coaches' ratings are in u20 and u18 squads but I haven't been able to get anything out of them so I didn't mention them.

Staff and Scouting

You have pretty good coaching team at your disposal. If you manage it properly you can easily get 4 and 4.5 stars in the every category. Offer u20 coach Cerrone a new contract as a first team coach and get Giuseppe Baresi, long serving soldier of the club back in. He has 4.5 stars in defending category. You also have 20 scouts at your disposal but most of them are only familiar with Italy, so if you wanna create a good scouting network you have to make some changes.

Transfers and strategy

I've already explained which players you can sell. This start isn't like anything in the let's say English leagues because you're playing only 38 games of Serie A and maximum of 5 games in Coppa Italia which starts in December for you. And the board doesn't care about Coppa anyway. You can do just fine with 18-19 players and three goalkeepers, just to be safe. You'll often get unhappy players becuase the season starts late, you play two games and then there's an international break. If someone isn't played in those two games, he gets unhappy come mid September.

As I've said in the players section, you're just fine with three central defenders plus recovering Vidić. Santon, Montoya and Telles on fullbacks with Dimarco for some Coppa games. Juan also plays left back pretty well. Dodo is an instant offload as soon as he recovers. For the midfield Melo should stay until the winter to tutor gnoukouri and then you can get rid of him and his fairly big wages. In the attack, Palacio and his huge wages are not needed if you bring in some young winger/striker unless you play with two strikers upfront.

Important notice is that transfer revenue decreases rapidly so sell the players as soon as the game starts. By the end of first season you're gonna drop to like 35%. Don't worry tho, as soon as you start playing Champions League it goes all the way up to 100% by the end of second season.

Buy out Jovetić, Ljajić if he extends with Roma and Montoya at the end of the season. The better you do, the less money they'll ask for when signing the contract.

Bottom line is that the squad is pretty good and you should be in the positive when comparing income and outcome from the transfers. Get a couple of young stars and players who's contract is expiring in 2016. No world-class players want to join you before you get in the Champions league anyway.

Another important transfer related matter is that Serie A has different foreigner policy to other leagues. You don't have limit on foreign players when registering the squad for the league, but you can sign only two non-EU players from abroad per season. Be careful with that and staff resposibilites because your head of youth development can sign some young foreign player that will take a space, so better turn that off. And Serie A has this amazing rule of 12 subs named so you can rotate a lot better.

Tactics

The team is suited for a variety of tactics, as Mancini has shown us this season. From 4-3-1-2 to formations with wingers and even three in the back. I've personally had hit and miss experiences with various tactics, but I'd say playing 4-3-3 with wingers is your best bet in the first season.

mZOkTSX.png

This is my first thread ever and I tried my best. I'm happy with the work overall.

English isn't my native language but I think I did well.

History party is lenghtier in the modern days because I wrote it myself. It'd be stupid if I copied walls of texts for Grande Inter and other stuff, you can read it up everywhere.

All feedback is welcome and I'm sure that there are some spelling mistakes and stuff, feel free to correct me. <.<

Great thread!

Really a good read! I don't think I'll ever have the time to play Milan, but I really enjoyed reading this, and I almost read everything, at least concerning players and tactics.

(And the icons in the tactic screen look so much nicer if the jersey is mutli colored instead of just one color.)

Gets into opposition area.

Dictates tempo.

Likes to switch the ball to other flank.

Seems pretty familiar to me. Obviously he's never gonna be on the prime Lampard level, but he's very good.

He scores quite a few goals by surging into the box while the striker is creating space by dragging the defenders away.

Nice tread, I did not buyout Jovetić, i got a new loan deal in December second season for the rest of the season, and the i januar i signed him for free. save you a little money

It seems that in this year's FM things aren't so pre-determined and when he performed for me during the loan, they weren't willing to loan him out again.

Just a slight correction that Benitez didn't win the Coppa Italia with Inter, it was Leonardo :)

Very nice intro nonetheless, I'm starting a save with Inter too, I do it every year(since I support them) then move on to try the lower leagues.

Yea, my bad. Benitez left after Club World Cup cause they didn't wanna give him any new players. Leonardo had a good run, with that epic 2-3 win over Bayern included.

Great thread!

Inter are going to be my second save this year when i grab the game, beyond my Stoke save i'm itching to start. Meant to dive into an Inter save on 14 but didn't get around to it, and with some decent summer signings this year FM16 looks the perfect time. I just can't for the life of me decide which tactic to go for...

Hi All, So I decided to have a save with Inter and I have really enjoyed. Not too easy and provides a good challenge. I also love the Italian leagues rule of allowing 12 subs.

Formations:

I started with a 4-2-3-1 wide and a 4-1-2-3 dm wide. However, I ended up with a counter attacking and attacking 4-1-4-1 formation. As well as a Klopp like 4-4-1-1 system. The deeper wings just allowed for better defending and better transition in the counter attack. 3 very different tactical systems. At the moment the 4-1-4-1 counter attacking formation just edges it as my favored system.

Transfers:

In:

http://imgur.com/xGpxYxL

Total: 9.77mil

Out:

http://imgur.com/o0RieNE

Total: 12.57mil

Transfer discussion:

Started with making a few signing permanent. I didnt see a point in developing youngsters that would leave the club at the end of the season. So Gianni, Rapaic and Manaj have joined permanently. Brought the Ze Gomes who looks like he has a huge amount of potential and may get some sub appearance in the 2016/17 campaign. Mati Fernandez one of my favourite players from back in I think it was fm 2008 to 10. He was running out of contract and I couldn't wait so I brought him in for 2.9 mil, which to me is peanuts. I had the opportunity to bring some good players in on loan during the January window due them playing a lack of matches. Tore was amazing in the matches he played for me and fitted the 4-1-4-1 counter attacking system perfectly. However, because he was so good Bayern want to give him another chance in the first team, meaning I lose out. Leiva was solid and I am trying to make his signing permanent but it all depends on what funds I can free up and I could do so by selling Medell, whos discipline is atrocious. Valdes was solid and did a good job when called upon which is what I expected and wanted. Ilicic was brought in because he fitted the system excellently well and provided me with a professional left footer who could play from cm all the way up to ST and he did. Again he played so well they want to give him another chance and wont let me extend his loan. I have to admit that as much as I would love to keep the players I got in on loan but I am loving the realism.

First person to leave the club were 4 older players on a free who were old and played no part in the future of the club going forward. The sale of Yuto Nagatomo might surprise some but I had so many left back and right backs that I felt I needed to take the money and invest else where. The exact reason Dodo left. He was okay when he played but we had Telles, Santon and the young Dimarco coming through the ranks. Palacio was still a good player but he is old and he just wasnt performing to the level of Ljajic, so had to make the hard choice and let him go. Babiany and Melo on loan due to not gettting into the team and moaning. Manaj out on loan to get some much needed first team experience. I am hoping he will give me a completely different option to Ljajic and Icardi.

Team:

GK-Handanovic/Valdes

DL-Santon/Telles/Dimarco

DCL-Juan Jesus/Miranda

DCR-Racchia/Murillo/Miangue

DR-D'ambrosio/Montoya

DM-Leiva/medel/Kondogbia/Guarin

ML-Perisic/Ilicic

MCL-Guarin/Fernandez/Ilicic/Brozovic/Gnoukouri

MCR-Kondogbia/Medel/Brozovic

MR-Tore/Perisic

STC- Icardi/Ljajic/Jovetic/Ilicic

Competitions:

http://i.imgur.com/K5LvaBc.png

As you can see we had a decent season and came third, flirting with second through out the season. Juventus were by far the best team in the league, just no one could stop them. We did manage to beat them 3-1 at home which I was pleased about but we wont harp on about the 5-0 wooping we got away from home. We got the the quarter final of the Italian cup which was decent but then fell apart against Fiorentina 5-1.

Star Performers:

Guarin- With an avrg rating of 7.2 in 21(3) appearances scoring 3 goals and 5 assists, he played a big role and if he had not got injured would have played an even bigger role.

Ljajic-He performed so well that I had to make him a permanent signing. Playing mostly as an inside forward for most of the season and as a striker too, he was just brilliant. An avrg rating of 7.2 in 28(7) appearances scoring 14 goals and assisting 8 times. He may have to learn to play more often as a striker, ml or mc in my new system though and the jury is out on whether that will work.

Icardi- Out and out goal scorer. He probably should have scored more and missed a few but 20 goals and 5 assists in 31 matches played is good and not to be sniffed at. He had an avrg rating of 7.13. He may have to adjust to the new system as it will require him to be more of a complete forward if he is to play. Have some interest and if I got a 50mill + bid it would be tough to resist as I would look to bring in a more complete player.

Disappointments:

Jovetic- I really like this player in real life and feel he hadnt really got a fair go at City but he was poor for me and just squandered so many chances. 16(15) games and 4 goals with an avrg rating of 6.6 is not good enough.

Miranda-Injuries did not help and this compounded with tactical tweaks etc. he was pretty poor. The other central defenders were brilliant. Will give him another season to show me what he's got.

Brozovic-Probably didnt give him a fair chance and he may have a better chance this season in 2015/16 but I cant help but think he let me down. I expected a lot from him and after reading the thread thought he could be my Lampard of Inter (Chelsea fan) but he was not. Maybe a bit harsh since he only played 10 games and did score a goal and have 4 assists with in the time. I may be more fair to him this coming season.

The Future:

Dimarco-This kid looks like he could be special. Telles will not come back next season and I believe this young man will step into his boots and pick up where he has left off. Excited by what he could be in the future, especially being a home grown Italian and all.

Gnoukouri-The young ivorian has really impressed me and when he plays in the playmaker role- advanced or deep, he seems to thrive.

Lets see what season 2 2016-17 can bring...

It was about time for me to post some updates.

After trying out many tactics in the beta versions of the game and playing close to 10 seasons in various setups, I've started my long-term save.

I have to say I'm disappointed that things went so well, I guess it's onto me to keep the club growing now.

In the first season I started decently enough, but with two consecutive losses mid September. Managed to recover, wasn't playing that great, most of the wins were with 1 goal difference, true Italian style. It got the job done nevertheless.

Managed to miraculously stay undefeated at Juventus Arena, they had like 33 shots, 15 were on target. After that they started struggling cause they did well in CL and fixture congestion got to them and I kept scraping wins. With a five game winstreak, game of the season came. I won 1-0 at Meazza against Juventus. Juan scored the goal after a corner. In the last two games I needed one point to win the title because of better head to head against Juventus. My squad was destroyed by injuries, I lost to Milan but managed to get 0-0 home draw against Palermo to win the title. Lost in Coppa final against Juventus. Didn't have any real chance due to injuries. Overall, one of the most fun seasons I've played in a long while.

Season one results

Season one table

Come season two half of my squad was on the Olympic games and I also had some injured players. Didn't even wanna bother with raising fitness to maximum for the Supercoppa game because of that and therefore I got destroyed.

Season started shaky, I had four draws in Serie A,d two starting losses and a draw after that in CL. Icardi was injured, but I caught some form and started winning. Lost against Arsenal in CL again, which meant I had to be lucky with other results. Fortunately I was. In Serie A I won two huge games against Roma and Juve. Was lucky enough in the CL to decide my own fate on the last day and I managed to win against Dortmund, 1-0. Qualified as second.

CL groupstage

My last save was just after that game and before Milan derby. You might've read my complaining about fixture congestion in the main feedback thread, lol. These amazing new AMD Crimson drivers crashed just before the first CL game. I was drawn against City. I had to play all those games again, luckily I managed to win all of them in A, but I lost in the Coppa. Got Chelsea in CL instead. Won 5-2 in the first leg after colossal Kondogbia performance and the second leg was just a formality.

Chelsea game

In that period of season, Kondogbia had the most amazing run of form, with 8.24 avg rating and 5 goals in 5 games. Icardi recoverd, but got injured again for a month. Gabriel Barbosa had big shoes to fill in, but he was up for the task. Serie A wasn't entertaining at all because Juve just fell apart and ended the season with 7 defeats.

Kondogbia form at the time.

By the time I played Bayern I already had my squad rested because I could rotate. Lost the first game on Allianz Arena 2-1, I was really mad because Vidal was sent of in the mid first-half and I had a lot of great chances.

Didn't use anyone from the starting eleven in Rome and I got destroyed, it was my first and only defeat in the A that season. Rulli also got injured before the bayern game and was out until after the Juve game, so I didn't really think I have a chance before the games even began. Especially after that 5-1 defeat that somewhat ruined the morale. To my surprise, I opened the game with a goal, doubled it after one corner and luckily for me, Lewandowski didn't have the best game of his life. 3-0 in the end.

Bayern game

Won against Juve away after that to secure the title. In A I gave a lot of time to Gnoukouri and Dimarco and I got lucky with Atletico for CL semi-finals.

Another amzing game against great Atletico, who won the title in both seasons btw, and the final was secured. I really dislike when AI teams start falling apart and stop being a threat really fast. They sold Dybala fot 52mil€ to Real at the start of the season, they'll also probably sell Pogba and 73 points is a really bad result for a squad of that calibre.

Atletico game

Since there was some stupid break in A after 35th match day, I played my first team in last two games to maintain the match fitness. As it usually happens, Kondogbia gets injured on the last matchday.

I didn't expect anything against Barcelona, especially after that injury, and I didn't want to play defensively because I thought my only chance was to exploit their weak defense.

Boys performed admireably, Barcelona couldn't even dominate and I was gutted when I conceded from a stupid cross in 90th minute. Substituted my midfielders for overtime and Barcelona couldn't keep up with my tempo.

Won 4-3 after overtime.

Barcelona game

Season two results

Season two table

My current squad

Tactics, subs are named in proper order so you can see the squad depth.

Nothing special in player instructions, except for fullbacks to be more attacking orientated and midfielders to shoot less often. Wingers have instructions to get further forward even if they're on support duty and they also have to close down more when defending.

I find this formation to work much better than 4-2-3-1 because most of the good wingers you can get are inside forwards and then that area of the pitch gets too clustered. Jovetić also doesn't give his best as advanced playmaker, he's too far away from the goal.

I left the transfers for the last, because I'm sure everyone cares about that the most anyway :D.

In the first season, as I said in the thread opener, you don't really need anyone. I got the usual wonderkids. Sold the excessive fullbacks and two older players with 10mil€ wages combined because I didn't even need them.

Nothing special overall.

First season transfers

Basically this is how it always goes with my saves on any version of the game and any club, lol. In the first season I don't really get many players unless I really need to, then after getting some results and reputation second season is the biggest overhaul. Especially in the Italian teams where you have huge amount of players away on loan. I got three big signings, bought out Montoya and got some free agents. I was really unlucky with the outgoing transfers, especially with the Guarin one. Chelsea offers 15mil€ and he refuses their low wages! Then after that he refuses every offer so I get mad and just sell him to Bordeaux for 3.7mil€. Liverpool pulled out another one of their classic transfer with 32mil€ Perišić purchase, only to feature him in 3 games total over the season. All 3 were him coming on as a sub. Couldn't get any money for Pereira or Biraghi either, but at least I got rid of their wages.

Because I spent so much and I didn't get a lot of money in, I couldn't buy out Jovetić so I got Falque as a backup. He didn't play at all.

Second season transfers

For the third season I already signed Carvajal. He was bought by United but he didn't play at all. I'm gonna sell Montoya. Got Jovetić back on a free transfer also, he will be a great rotation option. Only other changes I'm looking for are a central defender for replacement for soon-to-be 33yo Miranda, world-class DM if I managed to find one. If not, Medel is more than good enough. I might offload Ljajić for some young left winger because Ljajić is really inconsistent and has bad personality.

Many teams want Felipe Anderson and meanwhile United failed to qualify for CL and sacked Ancelotti, so I might try to make a new record transfer with Depay signing. I already managed to get him on one of my beta saves.

All in all, second season is always the biggest spending and now I just change a couple of players every season and that's it. My squad is also really young, only Medel will be close to 30yo because Miranda will be offloaded now.

Development of some players after two seasons:

Geronimo Rulli

Federico Dimarco

Lucas Romero

Assane Gnoukouri

Andrija Živković

Gabriel Barbosa

EDIT:

I've completed my third season mercato. Except for Jovetić and Carvajal, I've brought in Krychowiak whom I really like, reminds me of Cambiasso. Was quite expensive but I have all that CL money so why not.

Pavon also looks like a great prospect and I've replaced Ljajić with him. Miranda's also gone, I've brought in Inigo Martinez who was out of favor at Barcelona.

Third season transfers

• 4 weeks later...

Just scored my biggest ever score in FM16 with Inter:

CHAn6fS.png

I also got my first 10.00 rating in FM16 in the same match:

a70Uja3.png

It is amazing how the small things can make your day lol. This was after I thought I would just have a few games with Inter. Has renewed my interest in my save and my idea of introducing highly attacking/energetic Klopp style football.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started as inter and so far going well after 10 games only 1 defeat sitting 2nd in league

did not manage to buy or sell anyone in 1st transfer window, am hoping will get few offers for players in the jan window, if not will just have to see the 1st season out with the squad i have

Well finished my 1st season and came 2nd in the League on 83 points only 2 behind Juventus, so not a bad season with a small squad

won the Italian Cup against rivals AC Milan

only players i bought in january were Zivkovic fro 2m and Calleri for 2.2, sold Ranoccia, Dodo, and Nagotomo to help balance the books

got Rulli and Romero arriving on free transfers, looking foward to the 2nd season to build up a decent squad to tackle the Champions League

• 3 weeks later...

I landed the Inter job (start of the 2nd season Mancini took the Liverpool job) after a decent season with Real Sociedad.

I won the Olympics with my native Argentina prior to joining Inter.

Currently 1 point behind Juventus after 19 games and I meet Man City in the UCL last 16 after finishing 2nd in the group behind group winners Arsenal who beat me 1-0 in both games.

I definitely feel I'm over achieving with my players relying on hard work more often than skill or flair.

I tend to play a 4-1-2-2-1 Counter\Std system but am having trouble with Icardi. He always seems too far forward compared to the rest of the team, a change of formation might be needed to get the best out of him.

The players purchased so far include

- Lincoln £8.75m (Mancini)

- Latuaro Acosta £2.4m (Mancini)

- Douglas Coutinho £6.25M (Mancini)

- Gabriel Mercardo £1m (Mancini)

- Christian Benteke loan

- Juan Iturbe £9.25m

- Sime Vrsaljko £10m

Players sold

- Palacio (Mancini)

- D'Ambrosio (Mancini)

- Perisic £21m

- Santon £22m

- Pereira £5m

- Biabany £4m

The end of my first season with Inter (16/17) and it went reasonably well.

I was knocked out of the CL at last 16 stage by Man City, 4-2 on agg.

I finished 2nd 4 points behind Juve who were unstoppable at times.

Whenever I dropped points they managed to sneak a win, it's going to be hard to topple them.

I was knocked out of the Italian cup 1-0 by Verona, mainly as I underestimated the opposition and put out my reserves.

I do feel a big overhaul is needed, defensively we are solid but we lack flair and creativity in the middle.

One signing confirmed already is Hirving Lozano who will join for £6.5m. I'm really excited to see this guy light up Serie A over the next few seasons.

Took over Inter a while back, good first season where I challenged Juventus for the league but fell away at the end when Icardi goals dried up. Second season started awfully, but no team was able to make any real headway so I'm in February and now second in the league on a good run of form. Here are my teams:

-----------------------Rulli

Montoya----Miranda----Juan Jesus----Ghoulam

---------Cabaye-------------Kondogbia

Barbosa---------Jovetic---------------Llajlic

------------------Icardi

--------------------Handanovic

Santon------Pezzella---------John Brooks----Di Marco

--------------------Schneiderlin

------------Guarin------------KP Boateng

Zaha----------------------------------------Perisic

--------------------Bony

I also have the following as backup: Davide Vitturini, Bardi, Lucas Romero (loaned out), Zivkovic (loaned out), Lozano (signing for free at end of season), Gnoukouri (loaned out), Pinamonti (loaned out)

Real Madrid have put Kovacic up for sale, so I will probably arrange that for the end of the season. Only issue is I have too many midfielders. Guarin will leave on a free and I will probably let KP Boateng go (he was a free signing when I had zero cash).

One major weakness is defence, I just brought in Ghoulam and sold Nagatomo so left back is done, but Miranda is awful and wants to go back to Brazil. Neither Pezzella or Brooks look like they will be able to be first choice. I tried a load of guys (Sule, Mustafi etc.) in January but everybody was asking for forty million and I don't have that cash. Does anyone know a CB that could be Inter's first choice and lead the defence for a number of years?

Also, I'm having issues with the Home Grown Player quota. Currently only Santon counts for Inter, I think Kovacic would too if I can get him. The current crop of youth aren't great. Is there any other ex-Inter youth products that would be worth bringing back home?

Why would you sell Murillo...

And if you ask me Zivković is better IF than Barbosa come season 2. Same goes for Gnoukouri vs Guarin/Boateng(lol?).

Too many medicore EPL players there mate :D

I brought in Inigo Martinez who was transfer listed and youngster Vallejo ('97) from Madrid.

It's kinda hard to get WC defenders for under 40mil in this game, that's why you should never sell Murillo or JJ.

PSG offered 23million after the end of the first season, he was still abackup at the time and Inter's reward for getting to the Champions league was about £3 million transfer budget so I was desperate for cash. I needed the money (which is also why I had bought Boateng, before I had sold anyone, who has been a reasonable backup). I'll definitely re-try Inigo and Vallejo in the summer.

I would say, I bought Zaha, Cabaye and Bony for cheap (each about 5million) and all three have been excellent. Cabaye and Zaha are rating about 7.5 for the season and Bony has about 12 goals in February despite being a backup and going to the African Cup for a month.

Zivkovic is odd, because I kept him until January again in the second season, gave him about 5 games and he averaged about 6.3 and we didn't win any game he played. Will try again next season.

Update from my career, continuing from post #18.

Not so detailed now because it's from a while back.

There's a link to season three transfers up there, other than those, I've brought in Mascherano for peanuts in January because I had some injury issues and sold N'kolou for 18.5mil€ since I didn't need him.

Season three results

Season three table

I had a solid season and Juve was also doing great, but I broke them down mid February by winning in Torino. Table shows only 3 points difference, but that was because I lost some points at the end, situation was never alarming. I lost in CL quarter finals and I was extremely annoyed. After 2-2 away I led 1-0 at home, but managed to lose 2-1 somehow.

Also won the cup easily. Same goes for CWC and two Super Cups.

Come season four my squad was pretty much complete and I only got two players. I didn't really need Vallejo, but he was a great prospect and I had money to throw away.

Depay was cheap by his standards. Made good profit on Jovetić and Pavon.

Season four transfers

Season four results

Season four table

I was really pleased to get 100 points in the league. Thing that always happens after a few seasons is that the opposition just implodes. Juve's worse and worse every years. They sold Pogba for ridiculous 37mil. Dybala was also gone a season before for 52mil.

After last season's disappointment in CL I had to bring back the trohpy. I did my usual thing of getting second place in the groups which meant I had to face Bayern straight away.

It was easier than expected, tho. Had some luck with draw in quarters, trashed Barcelona in semis as I posted previously.

Final was a struggle, but Gnoukouri managed to bring it home for me after he entered as a sub. Assist and the winning goal from him.

CL finals

I also won the Coppa and Super Coppa.

Season five transfers

Pretty much nothing, changed Brozo for Kranevitter, I needed another DM and I already had one too many CMs. Fiorillo for free as a 3rd keeper.

Squad at the end of season four with stats.

Tactics I've been using.

IFs have close down more and shoot less often instructions.

Fullbacks basically have all the wingback instructions: cross more often, get further forward, run down the line and stay wider.

Other than that it's pretty standard.

Screnshots of some players that developed nicely:

Andrea Pinamonti

Jesus Vallejo

Assane Gnoukouri

Andrija Živković

Lucas Romero

Mateo Kovačić

Federico Dimarco

Gabriel Barbosa

Gnoukouri and Živković are my favorite players in this version, world class at the age of 20 basically. Icardi is also amazing.

One fun fact from the game.

Atletico winning Primera every season.

At this point, this save is pretty much done because I don't enjoy trashing everyone with no challenge.

PSG offered 23million after the end of the first season, he was still abackup at the time and Inter's reward for getting to the Champions league was about £3 million transfer budget so I was desperate for cash. I needed the money (which is also why I had bought Boateng, before I had sold anyone, who has been a reasonable backup). I'll definitely re-try Inigo and Vallejo in the summer.

I would say, I bought Zaha, Cabaye and Bony for cheap (each about 5million) and all three have been excellent. Cabaye and Zaha are rating about 7.5 for the season and Bony has about 12 goals in February despite being a backup and going to the African Cup for a month.

Zivkovic is odd, because I kept him until January again in the second season, gave him about 5 games and he averaged about 6.3 and we didn't win any game he played. Will try again next season.

I don't know man, 23mils is nothing for one of the best young CBs in the game. Especially since if you read my post you'd have known that Miranda would go homesick :D

You can easily sell Perišić who's not much of a player in the game for like 40mils after first season. Or Guarin for like 15. Why would you keep Handanović if you got Rulli?

Another 10.

Then all those reserve players. Especially Pereira and Biraghi, they can net you decent money.

Also, for the Milanista guy, there's a thread about calcio in football forum. This is FM section.

I have nothing against banter tho, and be sure thank mr. Mancini for your win.

I don't know man, 23mils is nothing for one of the best young CBs in the game. Especially since if you read my post you'd have known that Miranda would go homesick :D

You can easily sell Perišić who's not much of a player in the game for like 40mils after first season. Or Guarin for like 15. Why would you keep Handanović if you got Rulli?

Another 10.

Then all those reserve players. Especially Pereira and Biraghi, they can net you decent money.

Also, for the Milanista guy, there's a thread about calcio in football forum. This is FM section.

I have nothing against banter tho, and be sure thank mr. Mancini for your win.

Trust me, I tried! I offered Handanovic around, got no bids. Same with Perisic and Guarin. I couldn't even sell Ranocchia until the end of the window. I received bids for only four players by the end of July, Murillo (sold for £23m), Brozovic (sold also for £23m), Kondogbia and Icardi. I eventually got Carizzo, Pereira and Biraghi out the door in August for a total of about £7m (of which I got to keep about £5m).

I kinda regret Murillo now, but as I said, money was so bad I was signing a player without a club to make up the numbers for the Champions League. Since then Inter have given me a bit more money and I squeezed 25m (15 up front - I keep about 10) out of Barca for Peruzzi so I could probably stretch to 25m up front for a defender who would lead the defence (this is if I don't by Kovacic).

Took over Inter a while back, good first season where I challenged Juventus for the league but fell away at the end when Icardi goals dried up. Second season started awfully, but no team was able to make any real headway so I'm in February and now second in the league on a good run of form. Here are my teams:

-----------------------Rulli

Montoya----Miranda----Juan Jesus----Ghoulam

---------Cabaye-------------Kondogbia

Barbosa---------Jovetic---------------Llajlic

------------------Icardi

--------------------Handanovic

Santon------Pezzella---------John Brooks----Di Marco

--------------------Schneiderlin

------------Guarin------------KP Boateng

Zaha----------------------------------------Perisic

--------------------Bony

I also have the following as backup: Davide Vitturini, Bardi, Lucas Romero (loaned out), Zivkovic (loaned out), Lozano (signing for free at end of season), Gnoukouri (loaned out), Pinamonti (loaned out)

Real Madrid have put Kovacic up for sale, so I will probably arrange that for the end of the season. Only issue is I have too many midfielders. Guarin will leave on a free and I will probably let KP Boateng go (he was a free signing when I had zero cash).

One major weakness is defence, I just brought in Ghoulam and sold Nagatomo so left back is done, but Miranda is awful and wants to go back to Brazil. Neither Pezzella or Brooks look like they will be able to be first choice. I tried a load of guys (Sule, Mustafi etc.) in January but everybody was asking for forty million and I don't have that cash. Does anyone know a CB that could be Inter's first choice and lead the defence for a number of years?

Also, I'm having issues with the Home Grown Player quota. Currently only Santon counts for Inter, I think Kovacic would too if I can get him. The current crop of youth aren't great. Is there any other ex-Inter youth products that would be worth bringing back home?

I signed Lorenzo Crisetig literally weeks after his confirmed transfer to Bologna went through. He is a leading star for Serie A teams according to my assistant and is also a Inter home grown player. Puscas, Camara & Dimarco in the U20's squad all have a fair bit of potential and all count towards the home grown rule.

I also signed a keeper from Empoli who is an Inter home grown player. The name slips my mind but I found him under player search, using the home grown status filter.

Update from my career, continuing from post #18.

Not so detailed now because it's from a while back.

There's a link to season three transfers up there, other than those, I've brought in Mascherano for peanuts in January because I had some injury issues and sold N'kolou for 18.5mil€ since I didn't need him.

Season three results

Season three table

I had a solid season and Juve was also doing great, but I broke them down mid February by winning in Torino. Table shows only 3 points difference, but that was because I lost some points at the end, situation was never alarming. I lost in CL quarter finals and I was extremely annoyed. After 2-2 away I led 1-0 at home, but managed to lose 2-1 somehow.

Also won the cup easily. Same goes for CWC and two Super Cups.

Come season four my squad was pretty much complete and I only got two players. I didn't really need Vallejo, but he was a great prospect and I had money to throw away.

Depay was cheap by his standards. Made good profit on Jovetić and Pavon.

Season four transfers

Season four results

Season four table

I was really pleased to get 100 points in the league. Thing that always happens after a few seasons is that the opposition just implodes. Juve's worse and worse every years. They sold Pogba for ridiculous 37mil. Dybala was also gone a season before for 52mil.

After last season's disappointment in CL I had to bring back the trohpy. I did my usual thing of getting second place in the groups which meant I had to face Bayern straight away.

It was easier than expected, tho. Had some luck with draw in quarters, trashed Barcelona in semis as I posted previously.

Final was a struggle, but Gnoukouri managed to bring it home for me after he entered as a sub. Assist and the winning goal from him.

CL finals

I also won the Coppa and Super Coppa.

Season five transfers

Pretty much nothing, changed Brozo for Kranevitter, I needed another DM and I already had one too many CMs. Fiorillo for free as a 3rd keeper.

Squad at the end of season four with stats.

Tactics I've been using.

IFs have close down more and shoot less often instructions.

Fullbacks basically have all the wingback instructions: cross more often, get further forward, run down the line and stay wider.

Other than that it's pretty standard.

Screnshots of some players that developed nicely:

Andrea Pinamonti

Jesus Vallejo

Assane Gnoukouri

Andrija Živković

Lucas Romero

Mateo Kovačić

Federico Dimarco

Gabriel Barbosa

Gnoukouri and Živković are my favorite players in this version, world class at the age of 20 basically. Icardi is also amazing.

One fun fact from the game.

Atletico winning Primera every season.

At this point, this save is pretty much done because I don't enjoy trashing everyone with no challenge.

Wow what a squad and a great couple of seasons to top it off!!!

What kind of possession do you get with those tactics?

I don't really get anything above 55% even against much weaker teams, but I've given up on possesion a long time ago, especially since I started the save in the first patch where it was nearly impossible to get any possesion, at least for me.

I also played with two b2b midfielders in the first season when I wasn't that strong. I still do in some CL away games, paired with standard mentality.

Just about to start season 3

won Coppa Italia in 1st season

2nd season won League by 2 points was a close race all the way, also got beat in Euro Cup final off Valencia

my squad for 3rd season is

GK Rulli / Bardi

DR Santon / Vrsaljko

DC Miranda / Jesus / Murillo

DL Telles / DiMarco

HB Lucas Romero / Medel

MC Kondogbia / Gnoukouri

MC Alex Teixeira / Christante

AMR Zivkovic / Calleri

AML Felipe Anderson / H. Lorenzo

FC Icardi / Belotti

sold most the dead wood and older players

Anderson was a great buy scored 18 league goals in his 1st season

Hoping for a good run in the champions league this season

I've made some real progress in the summer with regards to the business I have completed.

I felt we lacked some quality, steel & creativity in the middle so have brought in the following players to solve this;

Javier Pastore £15m

Lucas Romero £12m

H.Lozano £6.5m

Lorenzo Cristeg £6m

Sergio Samper £0

Christian Benteke was signed permanently for £9m after impressing on loan last season (9 goals in 18 games) and gives me an alternative to Icardi who has been injured since Feb.

Despite Handanovic having an impressive season I'm looking to play football from the back and have therefore purchased my old friend from Real Sociedad Geronimo Rulli £22m. I admit it's alot of cash to spend but my heart overruled my head here as he has played a big part in my short career already.

Miranda has announced he wants to move back to Brazil and I moved quickly to secure the signing of Matteo Musacchio for £11.75m to replace him.

Dimarco isn't quite ready for 1st team football yet so I've loaned him out and purchased Jonathan Silva £1m to provide cover for Cristiano Biraghi who has been promoted to captain.

I shipped out a lot of deadwood, over £40m worth.

A few of these include

Freddy Guarin £6m

Yuri Nagamoto £4m

Handanovic £6.5m

Gary Medel £5.75m

Acosta £4.5m

Felipe Melo £0

I'm hoping to replicate a passing style similar to Arsenal's (not quite as tika taka as Bayern) over the next couple of seasons and I now feel I have the squad capable of doing so.

Started 4th season and thing did not go well had a really poor start in league and board were on my back, decided to resign as my tactics and players were just not working, loads players complaining so seems i had lost the dressing room

was a shame as built a good squad, won the league once and won 2 Italian cups

the squad i left was

GK Perin / Bardi

DR Santon / Vrsaljko

DC Zouma / Miranda / Jesus / Murillo

DL Murru / DiMarco

HB Lucas Romero / Medel

MC Kondogbia / Gnoukouri / Stuaro

MC Alex Teixeira / Christante / Strootman

AMR Zivkovic / Beradi

AML Felipe Anderson / H. Lozano

FC Icardi / Belotti

Think i maby got the aquad too big and was rotating too much so performaces dipped

was a shame i enjoed the Inter challenge is good fun

The team are still adjusting to the new possession based tactic.

I am currently adopting a 4-1-2-2-1 Controlled flexible system.

We've had some good results including a 3-1 home win v Real Madrid in the CL group stage which ultimately ensured we progressed out of the group, finishing runners up behind Man City.

In the league we squandered a 2-0 lead to draw with Juve but did manage a 2-0 win away at City rivals AC.

The surprise league package have up to this point been the unbeaten Lazio who are flying, dropping just 8 points in the first 19 games.

Juve are 10 points them in 2nd with us a point behind them in 3rd, AC are currently 4th, 5 points behind us.

Our league form 38 points from 19 games is decent but is still 7 points behind where I believe we should of been at this point.

It will take some slump from Lazio and some turnaround from us if we are to take the title this season.

We are through to the Italian cup QF against Fiorentina & face Barca in the UCL last 16.

I may have to settle for the cup at this rate but there is still alot of work to do to achieve that.

I'm still having trouble getting the best out of Icardi. His PPM of playing on the defenders last shoulder is really causing us trouble with the possession based tactic we are currently using.

Since giving Benteke a run, our fortune changed with 8 wins out of 9 in the league which has taken us to just 2 points behind Lazio with 11 to play.

Juve are 3 points behind us which is going to make the title race very interesting indeed.

I may have to sell Icardi at the end of the season for the good of the team.

We managed to defeat Barca 4-1 at home in the CL first leg, which sets up the 2nd leg nicely.

After defeating Sassuolo 2-1 at home in the Italian Cup semi finals we are still in with a chance of completing the treble.

We were knocked out 5-4 on agg against Arsenal in the CL after a 5-2 first leg defeat at the emirates.

Juan Jesus got himself a red card in the 17th minute of the game and we fell apart from there.

In the league we only won 2 of our last 6 which handed the title to Juve finishing 4 points behind them.

Sadly we had a similar fate in the Cup final losing 1-0 to Juve in ET. Icardi missed a pen after we went a goal behind.

So the 2nd season has resulted in a grand total return of 0 trophies.

Juve have 7 Serie A wins a row. This game is proving tougher than I imagined.

Finally started a save with my beloved Inter. Should be a nice challenge.

Sold Nagatomo to Liverpool for £13 million, and signed Lucas Romero for £2,5 million.

Pre-season has been mixed so far with 3 wins and 2 loses. Looking forward to a nice long save.

Season 5 update, continued from post #30.

Even tho I said it's pretty much a done save, I continued for one more season because I wanted to get all 6 trophies and defend the CL title.

Everything started great, I had a nearly perfect first half of the season. CL group wasn't tough, either. Won CWC easily.

Gabriel and Živković, both of my right inside forwards got injured, 8 months for gabriel and 3 for Živković, so I bought Bernardo Silva for 47mil€ from City in January. He was transfer listed because City wasn't in CL and half of the squad was unhappy.

Then Digne and Kovačić got injured, 3 and 7 months, and I was pretty mad.

Knocked out CSKA easily and basically secured another Scudetto, also got in Coppa final.

I nearly stopped playing because Anderson also got injured before the first Chelsea game.

Then I missed a penalty at the start of the game. Chelsea led twice, but 2-2 was a decent result. Especially knowing that my team great in away games when the opposition attacks.

On Stamford Bridge Hazard missed a penalty and I eventually got the goal I needed.

CL quarter-finals

Same situation happened against Tottenham. I was a lot better, but I just couldn't score more than once, it ended 1-1.

In the second leg my team played one of the best counter-attacking games ever and scored 4 from 7 shots, 5 on target. 2-4 was the final score.

CL semi-finals

In finals against PSG it was supposed to be an easy win after Icardi scored a brace, but they came back. Managed to win on ET. Živković was the man again.

CL finals

Serie A results suffered a bit, but since opposition wasn't a threat I didn't care. Also won the Coppa.

Did the 6/6 with two Super Cups, CWC, Serie A, CL and Coppa.

Trophies

Season five results

Season five table

Squad stats at the end of the season

Kondogbia and Gnoukouri are like the best midfield duo on FM I've had in a long time.

Icardi on FM16 is just unstoppable.

At this point I have no interest in the save anymore, because as you can see opposition has fallen off hard, not even 70 points from them.

And I can't bring in any new players that will improve the squad, either. Bought Lincoln for 130mil€ just for the sake of it, haha.

In the end, the curious case of Primera continues, Atletico got their fifth in a row.

I'd really like to see the AI Simeone tactics and instructions.

Primera

A question to the knowledgeable: Juan Jesus has been transfer listed by Inter. I need a CB strong enough to hold his own against CL-level opposition. Would he get a work permit, and is he good enough?

I personally found he made too many mistakes in the big games and his passing let him down.

I think he would suit a top 4 prem team but maybe not one regularly competing for the league or CL.

I personally found he made too many mistakes in the big games and his passing let him down.

I think he would suit a top 4 prem team but maybe not one regularly competing for the league or CL.

I really wonder what are you doing on your save. <.<

You're complaining about Icardi on that other topic, now Juan is bad for your standards and you can't win anything.

Maybe it's your tactics, not the players.

Archived