FM16: FC Internazionale Milano - Year Zero, take five

GunmaN1905

I have a goal to make Inter one of europes greats again. I'm calling it the 5 year plan. How I vision my lineup in the next 5 years. GK Perrin LWB Gaya CB Laporte CB Romagnoli RWB Danilo DLP Ruben Neves\ CDM William Carvalho BBM Kondogbia/Renato Sanches IF Bernardo Silva/Zivkovic CAM Dele Alli/Angel Correa IF Jovetic/Felipe Anderson With Icardi rotating with Vietto and Kuki. I believe this team can dominate in europe, wish me the best I'll keep you updated on my Inter journey.

I don't think you'll ever be able to sign Romagnoli if it's directly from Milan.

And Murillo/JJ are more than good enough.

Gnoukouri is also better than everyone basically if you develop him.

As for the second question I like Felipe Anderson the most because he's really professional.

I don't think you'll ever be able to sign Romagnoli if it's directly from Milan.

And Murillo/JJ are more than good enough.

Gnoukouri is also better than everyone basically if you develop him.

As for the second question I like Felipe Anderson the most because he's really professional.

Thanks for the advice, Gnoukouri is currently on loan at Augsburg to get more game time but he's part of my future plans. I've noticed a couple of amazing youth prospects in the unders 18s & under 20s Belgian duo Vanheusden & Xian Emmers, one is 4 star pot greyed out 5 stars and Emmers 3 star pot greyed out 4 stars, have you seen them develop and how good do they become?

Haven't managed to develop them into world class players.

Only ones that I developed nicely were Dimarco, Gnoukouri and Pinamonti.

Thanks for the feedback, they both look to have great potential so I hope I can develop them. I've seen from this thread that Dimarco becomes great, one for the future for sure. I'll keep you updated on my career as Inter manager.

INTER MILAN – FIRST SEASON

FORMATION

sMN62CM.png

TRANSFERS

2Yxqxvc.png

RESULTS

goZtwHK.png

SERIE A LEAGUE TABLE 2015/2016

https://i.imgur.com/VjLlgek.png

TOP PERFORMERS

h8WYDEB.png

pd6lml2.png

SN2CORY.png

DISAPPOINTING SEASON

mJXeHXQ.png

The team were set up to play a controlled possession style football which worked perfectly as we were dominating possession in the opponent’s half and we were creating a number of chances.

Most matches were watched on full match mode due to the nature of the match engine which has been improved.

The tactic worked to perfection during the season even though the team was extremely weak in midfield as well as other key areas of the pitch. The team were playing beautiful football once they were familiar with the tactical style the manager wanted to implement.

Young players were given an opportunity to shine as Inter Milan tend to lack quality home grown players. Federico Dimarco, Xian Emmers, Melkamu Taufer, Miguel Mari Sanchez, Andrea Pinamonti, Rey Manaj, Reno Piscopo were given opportunities due to the lack of goals coming from the strikers. Mauro Icardi, Stevan Jovetic and Palacio played well and contributed with a lot of goals. Carlos Fierro was very disappointing. He hardly scored, he lost the ball and it came to the point when Miguel Mari Sanchez was preferred more often.

It is important to sign Italian players to keep a strong Italian presence within the first team squad and to successfully meet the home grown status rule. Therefore, Italian players will be signed in the future.

More fire-power is needed up front and new central defenders. Jeison Murillo would be eventually sold once Niklas Sule has been signed. Mateo Kovacic and Marco Verrati will be continuously scouted and will be signed immediately once they are affordable and interested in a move. In the meantime, young players will be given the opportunity to cement a position in central midfield.

In the summer 2018, starting fourth season, I wanted change of scenery. I won two Champions League titles, 3 EPL, and some cups with my beloved Arsenal. It was getting to easy so with one year still to go in my contract I decided to leave. I declare interest in Inter's job after seen it as insecure. At first, I hesitated to take over Inter because I wanted either Roma or Napoli to finally take them to title and a champions league but neither was available.

I really enjoyed that first post and am glad to have taken Inter. I never knew the meaning and history behind the club's name. Sadly both Kondogbia and Icardi are gone. It will be great if we can finish top 3 to get UCL. I was given very good budget (around 63m English pound) but it is hard to attract quality players without UCL. Not to mention, it is harder to keep the ones I have with many teams lurking.

This is my line up:

Petr Cech (GK)

Martín Montoya (RB)

Jeison Murillo (CB)

Juan Jesus (CB)

Yûto Nagatomo (LB)

Gary Medel (BWM)

Gnoukouri (B2B)

Alexandre Lacazette (IF)

Denis Suárez (CAM)

Dudu (W)

John Guidetti (CF)

(Continuing from my above post)

I finished my first season in charge of Inter in 2019. I started very well in the first half of the season with below outcomes:

17 Matches

11 Wins (64.71%)

4 Losses (23.53%)

2 Draws (11.76%)

I was two points off the top of the table and in second place; with Lazio very close to me on third. Then I made decision that I would regret which was to sell Gnoukouri. PSG put around £36m with half of it being paid over 12 months period. Then I negotiated with them to pay his release clause £43m with again half of it being paid over next one year. They accepted the offer and off he went in the first week of January. I did few mistakes in here. One is to never sell one of your better players in January and another is I didn't think I would struggle with his replacement. I thought with that amount I could improve on him. Sadly, no player of his caliber let alone better wouldn't want to join me. So, I was stuck with my inferior backup option. On top of that, the number of red cards with Gary Medel, it became ridiculous - My midfield. I lost quality in the middle of the park not to mention stability. The positive in this transfer window was getting Martin Odegaard for just £8m and some change from Real Madrid after he was transfer-listed. He just 20 years of age but really quality (Click for Screenie)

Anyways. This is my second half of the season's result overview:

21 Matches

6 Wins (28.57%)

5 Losses (23.81%)

10 Draws (47.62%)

So yeah, I missed out on Champions League football for next season after finishing fourth just two points behind AC Milan. The number of opportunities I had to claim 3rd spot in the last 6 matches of the season was unforgivable. On 36th match, I was playing at home against Torino and AC Milan was away to recently crowned champions Juventus. I was two points behind them. Instead of winning my match to overtake them I lost and so did AC Milan. Then in the next match, 37th, it was the Milan derby. It was must win game for me but then I drew with them even though they played with 10 men in the last 20 minutes.

Next season I must buy first team players for DM and Box-To-Box positions:

Petr Cech (GK)

Martín Montoya (RB)

Jeison Murillo (CB)

Juan Jesus (CB)

Nicola Murru (LB)

------- (BWM)

-------- (B2B)

Denis Suárez (Left-Wide-AM)

Martin Odegaard (CAM)

Dudu (Right Winger)

Alexandre Lacazette (CF)

League Table

Click Here

• 3 weeks later...
Most matches were watched on full match mode due to the nature of the match engine which has been improved.

When you say most, like 80%? and what do you mean nature of the match engine? what are you looking out for when watching in full detail? Anyway, very well done first season. Winning the league isn't easy, something I am still trying after 3 or 4 attempts :D

When you say most, like 80%? and what do you mean nature of the match engine? what are you looking out for when watching in full detail? Anyway, very well done first season. Winning the league isn't easy, something I am still trying after 3 or 4 attempts :D

In order to implement the tactical system/style, it was important to watch matches in full match mode. In previous Football Manager games, it wasn’t really necessary to watch every single match in full match mode as you only really needed the friendly games to understand and implement a style that works every single time whereas in Football Manager 2016, in order to make decisions that would influence the match, it was important to watch the game in full match mode.

The reason being is that I needed to adapt my tactics depending on the opposition which were unpredictable in my experience. I found that I had to constantly switch from a defensive and attacking system which worked quite well. We dominated possession and had a very defensive system due to the quality of players at the football club especially since I gave opportunities to everyone, regardless of their age. That was my mind-set and therefore I use to judge each individual performance based on the statistical data as well as what I see on the pitch.

As a result, I have only finished one season as I have been progressing very slowly. So, I would assume that 80% sounds about right. The other 20% was probably used to watch the game in extended match mode.

Thank you very much. If you are Inter Milan in any of your saves, I would advise you to look at their youth system. Fantastic potential for the future.

• 2 months later...
On 1. februar 2016 at 17:50, GunmaN1905 said:

Update from my career, continuing from post #18.

Not so detailed now because it's from a while back.

There's a link to season three transfers up there, other than those, I've brought in Mascherano for peanuts in January because I had some injury issues and sold N'kolou for 18.5mil€ since I didn't need him.

Season three results

Season three table

I had a solid season and Juve was also doing great, but I broke them down mid February by winning in Torino. Table shows only 3 points difference, but that was because I lost some points at the end, situation was never alarming. I lost in CL quarter finals and I was extremely annoyed. After 2-2 away I led 1-0 at home, but managed to lose 2-1 somehow.

Also won the cup easily. Same goes for CWC and two Super Cups.

Come season four my squad was pretty much complete and I only got two players. I didn't really need Vallejo, but he was a great prospect and I had money to throw away.

Depay was cheap by his standards. Made good profit on Jovetić and Pavon.

Season four transfers

Season four results

Season four table

I was really pleased to get 100 points in the league. Thing that always happens after a few seasons is that the opposition just implodes. Juve's worse and worse every years. They sold Pogba for ridiculous 37mil. Dybala was also gone a season before for 52mil.

After last season's disappointment in CL I had to bring back the trohpy. I did my usual thing of getting second place in the groups which meant I had to face Bayern straight away.

It was easier than expected, tho. Had some luck with draw in quarters, trashed Barcelona in semis as I posted previously.

Final was a struggle, but Gnoukouri managed to bring it home for me after he entered as a sub. Assist and the winning goal from him.

CL finals

I also won the Coppa and Super Coppa.

Season five transfers

Pretty much nothing, changed Brozo for Kranevitter, I needed another DM and I already had one too many CMs. Fiorillo for free as a 3rd keeper.

Squad at the end of season four with stats.

Tactics I've been using.

IFs have close down more and shoot less often instructions.

Fullbacks basically have all the wingback instructions: cross more often, get further forward, run down the line and stay wider.

Other than that it's pretty standard.

Screnshots of some players that developed nicely:

Andrea Pinamonti

Jesus Vallejo

Assane Gnoukouri

Andrija Živković

Lucas Romero

Mateo Kovačić

Federico Dimarco

Gabriel Barbosa

Gnoukouri and Živković are my favorite players in this version, world class at the age of 20 basically. Icardi is also amazing.

One fun fact from the game.

Atletico winning Primera every season.

At this point, this save is pretty much done because I don't enjoy trashing everyone with no challenge.

Can you post a link to your tactic, Gunman? Looks like it's a hell of a tactic :D

There you go.

This is actually by far the best tactic I've ever made in any FM game.

I've also won Primeira with Valencia in first season using it and got 2nd with West Ham in the first season of EPL.

But in all honesty I actually think it's not the tactic itself, but the FM engine which always favored lots of crosses and wingers more than anything else.

You need all-round fullbacks with good physical attributes, a beast box to box midfielder who's able to cover everything. Other CM doesn't necessarily have to be a  playmaker, I've also played with two B2B midfielders. With two B2B or even B2B+BWM you can have your DM set to DLP or regista, that also worked decently for me.

Wingers don't have to be inside forwards, you can also have normal wingers. Striker has to be a real no9. So either AF, poacher or even CF. Not treq, DLF or F9. I've had Emenike and Sakho score 30 each in one season for example, so AF/poacher are the roles best suited for the tactics.

As for set pieces, feel free to change it up depending on the players you've got. I usually have my fastest player stay forward after corners and depending on the DMs aerial ability I'll have him going forward or stay back during attacking corners.

433si_CC278B28-AADE-4ABD-AD9B-1428573D8DB7.fmf

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

There you go.

This is actually by far the best tactic I've ever made in any FM game.

I've also won Primeira with Valencia in first season using it and got 2nd with West Ham in the first season of EPL.

But in all honesty I actually think it's not the tactic itself, but the FM engine which always favored lots of crosses and wingers more than anything else.

You need all-round fullbacks with good physical attributes, a beast box to box midfielder who's able to cover everything. Other CM doesn't necessarily have to be a  playmaker, I've also played with two B2B midfielders. With two B2B or even B2B+BWM you can have your DM set to DLP or regista, that also worked decently for me.

Wingers don't have to be inside forwards, you can also have normal wingers. Striker has to be a real no9. So either AF, poacher or even CF. Not treq, DLF or F9. I've had Emenike and Sakho score 30 each in one season for example, so AF/poacher are the roles best suited for the tactics.

As for set pieces, feel free to change it up depending on the players you've got. I usually have my fastest player stay forward after corners and depending on the DMs aerial ability I'll have him going forward or stay back during attacking corners.

433si_CC278B28-AADE-4ABD-AD9B-1428573D8DB7.fmf

Perfect! I will try it with my Inter save and see if I can get success too :D

What about OI?

2 hours ago, niklas1907 said:

Perfect! I will try it with my Inter save and see if I can get success too :D

What about OI?

I usually do a weaker foot and closing down on the most dangerous opposition players, never had much success with man marking and such.

Archived