Just had 3 red cards in a CL final

Well, you know what some people would say about that...it's....your...tactics. Probably should have dialed back the aggressive play after the first one.

oh, and of course....sorry for your loss.

Was winning 2-0. Lost 4-2 in extra time. I just ... there are no words.

As usual you blame the game rather than looking at your own choices :rolleyes:

Did you check the referee stats before the match?

Did you read the messages which state how many red/yellow cards he has issued this season?

Was he regarded as a strict referee who gives out a lot of cards?

Were the cards deserved in match?

Did you adjust your tactics before or in match to reflect the strictness of the referee?

To be fair, there's literally nothing in this post where he blames the game. Like, at all. At least wait until he does before you go diving in.

Did you check the referee stats before the match?

Did you read the messages which state how many red/yellow cards he has issued this season?

Was he regarded as a strict referee who gives out a lot of cards?

Were the cards deserved in match?

Did you adjust your tactics before or in match to reflect the strictness of the referee?

your comment is quite amusing, you talk like fm is not a game and is actually true to real life lol, fm is like any game with coding that decides outcomes, just cause a ref in fm has high cards doesnt mean hes strict every single game he refs in, i bet its totally random to a point if a player gets sent of, nothing to do with how strick the ref is.

to suggest that looking at the ref stats before kick off would have prevented 3 random red cards is amusing to say the least, but hey if you wanna explain the unexplainable go for it, but id say he where just incredebly unlucky and i doubt i could accept such a unrealistic scenario.

now ive given you my 2 cents back to playing fm, instead of listening to nonsense like this everyday on this forum.

i bet its totally random to a point if a player gets sent of, nothing to do with how strick the ref is.

This isn't true at all. If it was, there wouldn't be a point in differentiating between the comparative strictness of the referees.

The decision of sending a player off is first and foremost driven by the incident itself - what sort of infringement / foul was committed. In addition to that, the strictness of the referee absolutely plays a part.

This isn't true at all. If it was, there wouldn't be a point in differentiating between the comparative strictness of the referees.

The decision of sending a player off is first and foremost driven by the incident itself - what sort of infringement / foul was committed. In addition to that, the strictness of the referee absolutely plays a part.

so your suggesting a strick ref would always have more cards than a ref not listed as strick every single season? i dont think so pal lol, red cards are random, i always get stuck in and dont see anymore red cards than if i wasnt getting stuck in, and to get 3 reds in one game is very random to say the least, but as i said if u like to explain the unexplainable go for it.

BTW i said to a point, meaning a very bad challenge is always a very bad challenge, when and how that challenge occurs is very random since its proven fact this game isnt scripted.

so your suggesting a strick ref would always have more cards than a ref not listed as strick every single season? i dont think so pal lol, red cards are random, i always get stuck in and dont see anymore red cards than if i wasnt getting stuck in, and to get 3 reds in one game is very random to say the least, but as i said if u like to explain the unexplainable go for it.

BTW i said to a point, meaning a very bad challenge is always a very bad challenge, when and how that challenge occurs is very random since its proven fact this game isnt scripted.

No. Just....no.

I recently played a Spanish Cup final where the ref seemed reluctant to send anyone off but yellow cards were being handed out for fun, I finished the match with 9 players on a caution & the ref received a 3.0 rating for his performance.

Looking at the ref table for this season there are clearly some officials who are more lenient than average & others who take a very strict approach.

Barside_Ref%20League_zpswoct0xgs.png

To be fair, there's literally nothing in this post where he blames the game. Like, at all. At least wait until he does before you go diving in.

He does it all the time in most of the threads he starts.

Although he didn't spell it out this time the underlying tone remains the same inferring that the game is at fault rather than considering how his choices or non-choices affected what happened.

It was maybe even just one of those games where he was really unlucky and his choices wouldn't have made much difference but its still no reason to have yet another dig at FM.

fm is like any game with coding that decides outcomes, just cause a ref in fm has high cards doesnt mean hes strict every single game he refs in, i bet its totally random to a point if a player gets sent of, nothing to do with how strick the ref is.

to suggest that looking at the ref stats before kick off would have prevented 3 random red cards is amusing to say the least

A bit of a contradiction there don't you think?

You are correct that FM is coded like any other game and referees have attributes just like staff & players. Therefore some referees are "coded" to be stricter than other while some are more lenient.

Generally I find the bulk of refs fall somewhere in the middle but you do get extremes and yes I do check the refs stats before every match. If I notice one that is particularly strict and hands out a lot of cards I adjust my tactics accordingly to reduce the risk of my players picking up cards. Likewise if I notice a ref is particularly lenient I know I can give more aggressive instructions to the players.

Its not just before a match though because, as you say, a strict ref isn't always strict. They can have matches where they don't seem to want to give out cards while a normal looking ref can have a game where he hands them out like candy. With this in mind I also alter instructions during a match if I think a ref is being particularly strict or lenient on the day.

Although he didn't spell it out this time the underlying tone remains the same inferring that the game is at fault rather than considering how his choices or non-choices affected what happened.

That's really not the impression I get. It seems more like 'I don't believe this has happened to me and I'm in shock' rather than something that carries a single atom of implication that he thinks something is seriously wrong with the game because of it.

In an odd way it's things like that which make the game the incredibly engaging experience that it is. Unless you're a dafuge-level 'Super-manager' you're going to have to endure all sorts of setbacks, big or small, that the game will throw at you (since things rarely go that smoothly for anyone in real-life football) on the road to glory and it feels a lot more like an epic and rewarding adventure for it, at least that's how I see the game.

Man Cougar gets defensive of FM at the drop of a hat. This really was more of a "woe is me" thread than a "this game sucks" thread. I admit I was a little upset because I was not playing a tactic with aggressive tackling, and 2 of the red cards happened simultaneously because one was a 2nd yellow for arguing with ref about the first red.

I can only assume Mario Mandzukic has a very low hidden professionalism attribute because he is a diving, fouling psycho in FM. Who throws a vicious 2-footed tackle in a CL final that you're winning with 20 minutes left? Such is the behavior of a madman!!

I recently played a Spanish Cup final where the ref seemed reluctant to send anyone off but yellow cards were being handed out for fun, I finished the match with 9 players on a caution & the ref received a 3.0 rating for his performance.

Looking at the ref table for this season there are clearly some officials who are more lenient than average & others who take a very strict approach.

Barside_Ref%20League_zpswoct0xgs.png

Wait a minute...there are REFEREE stats in FM? I've never even seen those, and I've played for 5 years. Huh, learn something new every day.

If you click on a specific ref you also get to see the stats for the last 10 matches they have officiated.

If you click on a specific ref you also get to see the stats for the last 10 matches they have officiated.

Good to check out before doing post-match questions with the media, in the event that the referee has had a stinker. Often the post-match 'rating' of the referee by the reporter is different to what the general rating happens to be, a nice touch because it would be very boring if the post-match reporters agreed on everything.

I can only assume Mario Mandzukic has a very low hidden professionalism attribute because he is a diving, fouling psycho in FM. Who throws a vicious 2-footed tackle in a CL final that you're winning with 20 minutes left? Such is the behavior of a madman!!

err, to be completely frank that absolutely describes Mario Mandzukic to the letter. after following him for years when he was still playing in croatia i can fairly confidently say he is as unpredictable, violent and generaly fairly low on sportmanship as you can get without actually being vinnie jones.

anyway, you should take into the account that it was cup final and by default that can be very nervous game (just as any final or rival game). if you also participated in a press conference firing up your team or later during the team talks... well, you get Mario Mandzukic :D

and the strictness of referees is coded in the game of course.

well, picking right players for the job is certainly a part of manager's job. no wonder ibra never won any big cup while players such as ivica olic did. funny enough ibra is sharing the record for most red cards in champions league :D that's some balkan blood you get with mandzukic as well :D

Archived