FM 15 youth intake dates?

I remember an old fm used to have some youth players join later in the season? Is this correct? It was on an old version when middlesborough had Jimmy-floyd Hasselbank. However all the english youth were completely useless all stats around the 1 mark!

Could this return? It is a lovely exciting gem

No, it changes each season.

Having had a short discussion with some folks about regen dates down the line, can you confirm that while it changes from season to season, it's the same for everyone for a particular season?

without knowing for sure, is this so (as human manager) we can't go round hoarding up all the hot talents for peanuts before they sign a pro deal?

No, it just means if you want to do that you'll have to click a lot more.

So with it being random, has anyone had the problem of countries not generating players? The lower level Brazil clubs did, but the first division--from one July to the next--never generated any youth players. I scanned the youth intake, and there was nothing for any month or the whole season. A bug? What happened?

So with it being random, has anyone had the problem of countries not generating players? The lower level Brazil clubs did, but the first division--from one July to the next--never generated any youth players. I scanned the youth intake, and there was nothing for any month or the whole season. A bug? What happened?

Brazilian clubs always used to be December for regens. I imagine it's still around about that time but you might have to wait 18 months before you see any, they might have decided the Brazilian clubs don't really need regens within the first six months of the game. Give it till December and if there aren't any then it's a bug.

Brazilian clubs always used to be December for regens. I imagine it's still around about that time but you might have to wait 18 months before you see any, they might have decided the Brazilian clubs don't really need regens within the first six months of the game. Give it till December and if there aren't any then it's a bug.

I believe this is correct.

I also believe, if I recall correctly, that Brazil had the same regen date as Ireland last year, like September 20th or something.

To make it more realistic. I'm pretty sure clubs around the world don't get a batch of new kids on the exact same date every year all at the same time.

Why they changed it?

1) To make it more realistic

2) Generates players over a few months, probably allows faster processing this way, instead of having to generate a tonne players on a specific date.

To make it more realistic. I'm pretty sure clubs around the world don't get a batch of new kids on the exact same date every year all at the same time.

Why they changed it?

1) To make it more realistic

2) Generates players over a few months, probably allows faster processing this way, instead of having to generate a tonne players on a specific date.

Agree with both of these. It wasn't fair you could just snap up all the youngsters as you knew which day they'd appear.

I suspect the bigger bonus is the processing times though. Way more spread out so it should be much quicker.

I think this is a great change in terms of gameplay. Ties in very well with the changes to scouting.

It now means that you won't neccessarily know when new players are promoted to the youth teams, and therefore cannot get them on their first day within the game. Instead you will only discover them through a thorough scouting network, and usually after they start to impress for their youth team - much like real life.

I think this is a great change in terms of gameplay. Ties in very well with the changes to scouting.

It now means that you won't neccessarily know when new players are promoted to the youth teams, and therefore cannot get them on their first day within the game. Instead you will only discover them through a thorough scouting network, and usually after they start to impress for their youth team - much like real life.

You can still check youth intake on world/region/country tabs, you just need to be more on the ball about it.

Brazil and Argentina just got their intakes in September for me in the second season. I didn't have any problems poaching at least one of them.

Hmm... 2015, I got Argentina on August 29th and Brazil on September 11th. Can you verify that your dates for 2015 were different than mine?

Is it possible to get news in the inbox when the youth intake is in different leagues\countries? Very hard to snap up good regens now if there is no set date anymore.. gah

I don't have the beta, I'm waiting for the demo to make a decision. But in FM 2014, there is a dropdown menu between the search button and the "FM" dropdown menu (it's only an arrow pointing down, it doesn't say anything), and then you have a list that it says "transfers", you can choose a region or the world. Once you choose, inside the transfer page you have another dropdown menu with the type of transfers, simply click "youth intake" and you'll see all the intakes for that month. If there are too many countries, identify them and from the country page you have a box that says "major transfers" and a link below that says "view all transfers". Click there and you go back to a similar list like before where you can pick "youth intake" again and you'll only see the list for that country. If there are no major transfers in that country, the link "view all transfers" is not available, so you'll have to use the "bigger" list, but if the link is not available it's maybe because it's a smaller or not loaded league, so the intake might be smaller. You might want to take a look at it on certain days (maybe 7th/15th/22th/31th of every month) or after every match you play (just to name a reference).

Now, I know they changed the layout for FM15 so I don't know if any of those menus are still there, changed places or don't exist anymore, that's something I can't help you with.

I don't have the beta, I'm waiting for the demo to make a decision. But in FM 2014, there is a dropdown menu between the search button and the "FM" dropdown menu (it's only an arrow pointing down, it doesn't say anything), and then you have a list that it says "transfers", you can choose a region or the world. Once you choose, inside the transfer page you have another dropdown menu with the type of transfers, simply click "youth intake" and you'll see all the intakes for that month. If there are too many countries, identify them and from the country page you have a box that says "major transfers" and a link below that says "view all transfers". Click there and you go back to a similar list like before where you can pick "youth intake" again and you'll only see the list for that country. If there are no major transfers in that country, the link "view all transfers" is not available, so you'll have to use the "bigger" list, but if the link is not available it's maybe because it's a smaller or not loaded league, so the intake might be smaller. You might want to take a look at it on certain days (maybe 7th/15th/22th/31th of every month) or after every match you play (just to name a reference).

Now, I know they changed the layout for FM15 so I don't know if any of those menus are still there, changed places or don't exist anymore, that's something I can't help you with.

They are still there. You click the menu that looks like a globe, and you get a series of menus from left to right that you can select categories, which are progressively more specific (world on the left, then regions, then the list of countries in the selected region, then the leagues in the selected country, then the teams in the selected league, then the sub-teams and coaches on the selected team, then the players on the selected sub-team). The world, region, country, and league pages each have a transfers page, which has a drop-down menu where you can select Youth Intake.

Archived