Argentinian league in FM15

Hello everybody,

Does anybody know if they are going to implement the new argentinian league for FM2015?

The new league (Primera division) starts on 2015, and it will now have 30 teams instead of the usual 20-22.

Some people like it, some dont. But It will be cool see it play out.

Thanks!

30 teams? How is that going to work?

That is a very good question :).. I dont know...

The league will run all year (with breaks here and there) as oppose as it is now where there are 2 championships per year. Each team will play each other once (Switching home stadiums every other year).

They are now 20 teams in the First division. The way they will get to 30 teams is by promoting 10 teams from the second devision in the last short championship that will run from august to december of this year.

They never specified what will happen the the second division since they are loosing 10 teams, but I imagine they will come from the third division and so forth...

It really sounds crazy, but I cant wait to see how it plays out. :)

Being from argentina I can assure you this will not play well at all. It is just a way to make sure that big teams do not get relegated anymore. We´ve been wanting a long tournament since a long time but this, this is plain ****. You can not by any means have all those teams in one league. It will bring the level down since you dont have to do much to not get relegated.

But the other thing on this new format for FM2015 will be, that they have to implement the "Torneo Transicion", cause when the game is coming out in Oct/Nov, SI doesn't know, which teams are gonna be promoted from second tier to the Primera División and which teams from third to second tier.

I read up a little bit, and unless the info was too outdated, nobody seems to know how this will even be handled. But from what I could gather, 3 teams will get relegated as normal this season, the new teams will come up from the B (which was apparently the more nationwide section and not La Plata or something like that, to get more 'smaller' teams into the top division). Then there was going to be a competition in two groups, among the other 'B' teams I assume, and the top five in each group are promoted. Sounds like a mess :D

But then to the clincher... only 2 teams out of 30 will get relegated a season. If that doesn't turn the league into a boring mess, I don't know what will. At least half the teams won't have anything to play for.

Sounda a bit silly and short-sighted, and if the idea is to get more smaller teams into the top division, then it won't take long before they get relegated again anyway, even with only 2 teams a season going down.

And of course, it will make it virtually impossible for the two big guns of ever going down (again).

30 teams? How is that going to work?

Do it the American way. Split the teams up into 4-6 regions of unequal numbers of teams, and have all the teams play each other twice, except teams in the same region/group, who instead play each other 100 times.

Then when the season's over, whoever's top doesn't matter anyway because there'll be playoffs between all the group winners and a couple of runners up. But instead of playing each other once on neutral ground, or over two legs, have them play each other up to 3, 5, 7 times!

Exciting!

And thus ends my rant on American sport seasons.

Do it the American way. Split the teams up into 4-6 regions of unequal numbers of teams, and have all the teams play each other twice, except teams in the same region/group, who instead play each other 100 times.

Then when the season's over, whoever's top doesn't matter anyway because there'll be playoffs between all the group winners and a couple of runners up. But instead of playing each other once on neutral ground, or over two legs, have them play each other up to 3, 5, 7 times!

Exciting!

Nothing beats NHL playoffs. Nothing. Playoffs ftw. :p

The AFA could always go the NFL route, just have everyone make the playoffs. :lol:

Exciting!

You forgot no one ever gets relegated, so there's no danger of a major team ever dropping. However, most of our major sports leagues now do have the same number of teams in each division. Baseball switched things around this year to equalize all the divisions, making it 6 divisions with 5 teams each. Basketball and football were already even.

• 2 months later...

Archived