Every city / town in the database has it's altitude set so I reckon it does make a difference (maybe it makes the players more tired playing there).

Also, I found a city in England that had something like 1 million altitude, I think that's a bug :p

Not to get derailed into a weather discussion, but most of the winter Scotland's features wind, sub-freezing temperatures and hail. Now, where I'm from, if it's hailing, you don't run out and play a game in it, lest you get your brains knocked out (we're talking nickel to golfball-sized and up). Is Scottish hail much smaller?

regarding altitude, I would think there SHOULD be a fitness effect for playing at altitude (there certainly is where American football is concerned, teams who play in Denver's altitude substitute often and keep oxygen on the sidelines). I would also think teams that train regularly at altitude might have a fitness bonus when playing at lower altitude.

Here in Norway (which isn't too far from Scotland when it comes to climate I assume) most hail will be small enough to only be slightly annoying to people. While it's not optimal, moderate amounts won't stop a football match either

Not to get derailed into a weather discussion, but most of the winter Scotland's features wind, sub-freezing temperatures and hail. Now, where I'm from, if it's hailing, you don't run out and play a game in it, lest you get your brains knocked out (we're talking nickel to golfball-sized and up). Is Scottish hail much smaller? .

Yeah the hail in the whole of the UK is in general pea-sized or so. It's not normally that big unless it's a fluke of weather over here and we certainly wouldn't play in it.

Yeah the hail in the whole of the UK is in general pea-sized or so. It's not normally that big unless it's a fluke of weather over here and we certainly wouldn't play in it.

so, we're talking "lumpy snow" then? Last night, out in western Kansas, we had what is described as "softball-sized" hail, so hail up to 4 inches across. It does a fairly-effective job of removing roofs, car windows, agricultural crops, and small prairie-dwelling creatures.

• 2 years later...

Time to revive a dead thread that never got an answer.

I was recently toasting Peru's victory over Uruguay with some locals in Cusco at 3400m above sea level, which certainly leaves a mark on your physical abilities for several days.

The locals proudly confirmed that Cienciano was the only Peruvian team to win a continential competition (even though they were banned from playing in Cusco for the final due to the altitude).

It is clearly a massive advantage, the same day Bolivia defeated Argentina 2-0 in La Paz at 3600m. Is this extreme home advantage for acclimatised players modelled in FM?

Archived