World Cup 2014 Shock

• Administrators

There's an issue related to who qualifies for the 2014 WC in the pre-release beta. This is something we're looking at addressing. But even so, quite an achievement by them to make the final!

That doesn't seem that out of the blue to be honest. The group looks like one that could happen. Russia can flatter to deceive. Colombia is unlikely, but could happen, and then Germany could have been one of those games where things just didn't go right for the Germans. It isn't that bad when looking at it like that.

Well as being from Slovenia myself its nice to see something like this.OK its not really a thing that should happen but looking at group and further rounds its not look they had to beat top nations on the way to the final (Germany being the expection).

There's an issue related to who qualifies for the 2014 WC in the pre-release beta. This is something we're looking at addressing. But even so, quite an achievement by them to make the final!

When you say there's an issue that you're addressing, do you mean the fact the results are not as in real life to begin with or is there some other issue with the qualifiers?

When you say there's an issue that you're addressing, do you mean the fact the results are not as in real life to begin with or is there some other issue with the qualifiers?

The lack of real results is due to legal reasons from what I can gather, and I'm guessing they can't elaborate because they haven't done so. But it's a World Cup year and the World Cup is FIFA's cash cow, so I expect they've sold the rights to the results to the highest bidder.

I think he means the simulated results are, at the moment, a bit wild, Scotland were top of Group A in my save, for instance, so we should see these tweaked for full release at the end of the month.

AI has always been a bear bug of mine in all editions of football manager releases from top clubs giving away their best players for nothing or be it a top club takes on some guy nobody has ever heard off and of course the club and national results where the most poor teams play and win like Brazil sigh!

Archived