From Non-League To World Champions

Hypanimz

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet FC

From Non-League to World Champions

Welcome to my career thread.

I am planning for this save to be my one and only save for FM14. I managed to play for 50 seasons with Kettering on FM13 and I am hopefully going to go even further this year.

With this season being a World Cup season I am looking to do something I have never done before!

The Game

Setup

Large Custom Database

All English leagues loaded

All players from UK and Ireland

Top players from top European Clubs

This is approximately 40,000 players in my database

Stage 1

I will be following all of the rules set by dafuge in his challenge. This will be a one club save where International management is not allowed until the completion of the challenge. That means winning the Premier League and the Champions League.

Stage 2

Once I have completed Stage 1 I will be looking to dominate English and European football for a good period of time hopefully over hauling Liverpool's 5 Champions League titles whilst in the mean time really focusing on producing fantastic youth players from my own academy.

Stage 3

The final stage of my challenge will be to sell all of my established players and go to a squad that is made up of my own academy players. So I will be no longer signing players and relying purely on youth players. At this stage I will look to take over the England job and take a squad purely of my academy players to the World Cup and hopefully win it!

I will also be doing this for the first time using a 3 man defence hopefully throughout the entire career. I have only recently started using a 3 man defence and I'm still learning a lot about it so it could make this career a bit more interesting.

Pre Season 2014/15

I've spent the pre season looking to improve my squad. Hopefully I have done this whilst staying within my wage budget. We played in 6 friendlies and we lost only 1 game whilst winning 3. Overall this season all I am looking for is survival, if I can achieve this we can then look to push on.

Aims

Survival.

Cheeky FA Cup run.

Just reached the 1st round proper of the FA Cup, I was taken to replays against Burnham in the 2nd Qual. round and then Staines took me to a replay in the 4th Qual. Round where we managed to sneak by 4-3. The reward for making the 1st round is a away tie against Dagenham and Redbridge.

Well, you got that nice cup run. Good luck in the league.

Thanks, we managed a 2-2 draw in the first leg after coming back from 2-0 down at half time. The replay is only 1 game away. Hopefully we can cause a big upset.

Best of luck with Dulwich Hamlet :thup:

Thanks alot :D

Just thought I would post up here the formation I will be trying to use throughout the majority of this career.

8231269a-0136-41b2-b842-d52145a32cac_zpsb5a2dba8.jpg

Eventually I may move the DMC up to AMC but at the moment I get alot more defensive stability with the defensive midfielder.

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Mid Season Update 2014/15

League Table

Pretty inconsistent start to life at Dulwich Hamlet. We have played really well in some matches getting some big wins scoring 6 against Welling and Chelmsford. We have been getting in quite a few high scoring games and if we can just get past the close defeats we would be further up the table. We have lost 3-2 on 4 separate occasions so far this season.

The FA Cup was a fun distraction making it all the way to a 1st round replay against League 2 Dagenham and Redbridge where we eventually lost 5-2.

The most pleasing thing so far this season is the form of my main striker Bobby Traynor who has scored 34 goals in 29 appearances so far.

Hopefully we can sort out our leaky defence and move up the table in the second half.

You did very well in the FA Cup.

Thanks Nobby. Its all gone down hill a bit since the replay defeat.

How's the 3 man defense system working? It is my standard in any soccer games ... except for FM. Will have to try it.

Its been a struggle at times. I'm doing a lot of tweaking to my tactic which probably isnt helping me at the moment. Next season I will look to stick to something throughout the whole season. Hopefully that will be better.

Impressive record for Traynor. If he keep it up you should improve in the league.

He is still scoring goals but I've mesed around with my tactic too much and in the 2nd half of the season we have struggled. We are in a relegation fight, we have 7 games to play and we are 6 points above the drop zone. Every point counts now.

Looks like a very good youth intake,how many of those can play at a much higher level?

My 14 JPA 15 JPP assman think 3 of them would be leading Skrill Premier players.

Definitely some good prospects there.

Looks promising they will be used in squad rotation for next season I imagine.

Ah - you beat me to it! I'm going to do a Dulwich career save too (although only from full release).

Best of luck.

Thanks, I'm really enjoying being them. Good luck in getting them to get promoted. They seem to be pretty rare. Took me 3 and a half hours or so reloading to get them.

Epic game!

Yeah it was a bit of an epic. The season is now finished. I'll just wait for the playoffs to be done and then I'll post my report.

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Skrill South - 2014/15

This season was a tale of inconsistency. We started well enough and sat comfortably in mid table. I then started to mess about with the tactics and we suffered massively. Our form dropped and we found ourselves only 3 points above the relegation zone. Thankfully swapping back to my original tactic with 10 games to go did the trick as we got 20 points in those games which was enough to survive comfortably and finish in a respectable 14th.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Got through the early rounds with a couple of replays. We made it to the 1st round proper and faced Dagenham and Redbridge, we got a 2-2 away draw before losing 5-2 in the home leg. Brough in over £100k in just those 2 matches.

Squad - Its not a brilliant squad but I'm pretty happy with it. Really need to strengthen my defence as that is my weakest position.

Finances - Nothing special. We still have some money in the bank... just.

Key Player Profiles:

Bobby Traynor - Was here when I arrived. Scored a amazing 54 goals in 49 games.

Ishmael Thomas - Solid first season from the young defender.

As we all know in dafuge's challenge the first season is all about survival. Thankfully we achieved that. Next season the aim is to just consolidate and hopefully improve the playing staff a little bit.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                14th              Survival

Interesting to see the three man defence. I had huge success with three centre-halves (along with wingbacks) on FM13 but have really struggled to get it working this version, although I think there are still some defensive issues with the beta which may also be contributing.

congrats dude. nice work

Cheers buddy.

Congrats on the survival! Bobby Traynor was a beast.

Thanks. He was amazing last season, Hopefully he can replicate that again this season.

Interesting to see the three man defence. I had huge success with three centre-halves (along with wingbacks) on FM13 but have really struggled to get it working this version, although I think there are still some defensive issues with the beta which may also be contributing.

Thanks. I have heard there are some issues with the midfielders tracking back and allowing players to run with the ball far too much. Makes for high scoring games which is always good fun.

Good first season man. Traynor is an animal.

Thanks. It was a struggle at times but that was purely down to me messing about with tactics. Traynor was amazing. Shame he is now 31 and wont be around for as long as I would like.

Good job on survival.

Thank you. Need to make sure we do it all again next season.

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Pre Season 2015/16

Odds: 50-1 (21st of 22)

I wasted no time going out to try to strengthen my defence. I managed to bring in 2 new centre backs who can fit straight into the first team. Hopefully they can shore up my defence. I allowed 3 first teamers to go from last season including Connor French who my my 2nd top scorer and my strike partner for Traynor. He was on £300 p/w but wanted to increase that to £450. It was more I was willing to pay and when my scouts found a 17 year old striker who was better and only wanted £35 (not a typo, £35) I had to let him go.

I brought in 4 players on season long loans to add some squad depth. They are unlikely to feature much but they are there if required and I'm not paying the wages for them which is a bonus.

Season Aims

Consolidate and push for Mid-Table

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Mid Season Update 2015/16

League Table

We started really well and at one point we were in the playoffs and within just 3 points of top spot. We have since lost our form and are currently 7 league games without a win. Hopefully we can work it out in the second half of the season and move back up the table. If not hopefully we can just get enough points to survive again.

The FA Cup was junk this season. Lost to a unplayable team in the 2nd qual round...

Bobby Traynor hasnt been as prolific this season but 20 goals in 26 is far from a bad return.

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Skrill South - 2015/16

For me this was a extremely frustrating season. We started nicely and we were in and around the playoffs up until week 15. at this stage we decided we wouldnt win a game for another 10 games. We then found ourselves sitting just 3 points above the relegation zone and I was fearing the worst. Thankfully we found our form at the end and jumped back up to 8th position. We finished only 5 points off the playoffs and in my opinion if we didnt have that terrible run we would have comfortably reached the playoffs.

League Table

Past Positions[/url]

Cups - FA Cup was rubbish. Knocked out in the first game. FA Trophy we mafe the 2nd round where we lost 5-2 to AFC Wimbledon. This started our downturn in form.

Squad - I'm happy with the squad. Needs a few more reinforcements. Especially in goal.

Finances - Meh.

Key Player Profiles:

Bobby Traynor - Not as good as last season but 36 goals in 46 is still a exceptional return.

Robin Nicholls - 6 goals and 10 assists from central midfield.

Hopefully next season we can really push on from this season. Avoid the mid season slump and maybe we can get into the playoffs.

Career Overview

2015/16         Skrill South                8th                  

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Pre Season 2016/17

Odds: 50-1 (20th of 22)

I made sure I kept the bulk of my squad together for this new season. My wage budget was slashed by the board from £5,500 pw to £4,700 pw and to get that I had to promise a mid-table final position. I have managed to bring in one very promising young midfielder and I've promoted the star player from last years youth intake. Once again I've loaned in 4 long term players and these will be used for some depth.

Hopefully this season we can really push on and get into the top half and hopefully get into the playoffs.

Season Aims

Mid Table position minimum

FA Cup first round

Good to see you've made an improvement,I expect playoffs next season!

I was really hoping for that. I was a bit worried after our first 7 games and we hadnt won.. things have picked up and my mid-season report will be up soon.

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Mid Season Update 2016/17

League Table

I was very worried after the first 7 matches. We didnt win any of them. The only saving grace was that we drew 5 of those 7 but I think that has destroyed the season already. Thankfully things have picked up since and we currently sit in 9th place just 5 points outside the playoffs. So with a bit of luck we can gatecrash the top 5.

Were out of both cups. FA Cup was to Thamesmead which was very annoying.

Good luck with the 3 man defence. I'm trying a similar approach so will be intrigued to see how yours fairs and hopefully can pick up some tips :thup:

Thank you. I have tweaked it a lot since my original idea. I think I'm finally getting somewhere with it.

Good luck pushing on and into the playoffs.

Cheers. Hopefully we can catch up on lost ground from earlier this season.

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Skrill South - 2016/17

We came very close to reaching the playoffs this season. With only 5 games to go we were 1 point off the playoffs. Unfortunately we had a poor run in and slipped down the table. We only lost 10 games this season which jointly the 2nd best in the league, we just drew far too many games, 16 in total which was the highest amount in the league. The best thing about this season was the amazing youth intake day which got us Matt Little. Hopefully in a full season he can be the difference.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Early exits in both competitions. Not to worried.

Squad - Very happy with the make up of this side. I think it has the potential to reach the playoffs next season.

Finances - Meh.

Key Player Profiles:

Bobby Traynor - 29 goals in 35 games. Missed long parts of the season injured.

Matt Little - I am pinning my hopes on this guy over the coming seasons. Hopefully he can make the difference.

If we can get a good start I dont see any reason why we cant challenge the playoffs.

Career Overview

2015/16         Skrill South                8th                  
2016/17         Skrill South                10th              

Good start and yet another good career thread to keep me entertained while bored at work! :) lol

Quick side note seeing as you've already experienced 3 of the youth intakes. Has the star system been fixed this year? Obviously was very buggy last year with the star system and then suddenly once you signed one there star rating went up. Notice on your images the stars are all 4+ which looks superb!

Archived