FM14: Juventus FC Thread - 3rd Straight Scudetto?

stgahoy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tactical Zone

4M5RZrp.jpg

These are the positions that I used so far. Working quite good, so far 6 wins 0 draw 0 loses. Pirlo is a Regista role, wingbacks are set to Auto, botch CMs are set to Auto also. Tevez as Poacher and Llorente as Target man.

Mentality Standard , fluidity as balanced.

Still working on this tactic.

Potential Signings

Keisuke Honda -You can lure Honda from CSKA for low money or even for free, I offered them £1.1M and they've accepted but I did have to win the competition with clubs that offered £0, so probably you can get him for free. He accepted £36k p/w wages, really good backup for MC.

Fabio Coentrao - Real accepted an offer of £10.5M so quite a steal, still he wants a big contract about £80k p/w, still quite a good addition if u want another left defender/wingback.

Dante - the Brazilian defender from Bayern is quite cheap, Bayern accepted an offer of £10M, if you're looking for a CB quite a good start.

Doria - young wonderkid from Botafogo, 4* potential realy worth a try, I managed to sign him for £7.25M

Luca Marrone - Co-owned by you so you can lure him out, really usefull to cover MC and DMC spot at a good class, 3,5* potential, home grown. Cost me £4M to get him back

Potential Outs:

Fabio Quagliarella -not really usefull if youre playing 3-5-2, you'll need 4 strikers for it, and I found Giovinco and Vucinic better backups.

Paolo De Cegle - Never used him so far with my season...

Martin Caceres - If you're buying Doria and Gino Peruzzi as I did, Martin becomes useless. Would rather sell Isla than Martin but Isla is co-owned so its harder probably.

Excited to see this thread is up already!

I've started the Beta with Juve, and although I always disable first window transfer budgets, I've identified a few targets for January/Summer 2014.

Seems to me the squad is ageing in key areas, so you should be on the look out for a good young keeper capable if displacing Buffon within 2 years, and some younger CB's - Barzagli's getting on and Ogbonna and Caceres won't ever be top, top quality. I've also identified a lack of bodies in midfield (only 4 if you're using Asamoah as LWB), and with Pirlo just turned 34 I think investment is required here.

As such my targets are:

Leon Goretzka - Schalke (exceptional midfield talent for 19 years of age and should be available for £12m-ish)

Will Hughes - Derby County (potential to be one of the best AMs in the game, as far as I can see, and should be yours for £7.5m-£9m - recommend loaning him back to Derby for a year or so)

Xabi Alonso - Real Madrid (contract is up in 2014 and seems open to a move to Juventus after some press comments I've made. Ideal replacement for Pirlo)

Eder Alvrez Balanta - River Plate (20 year old centre back, good to go now and bags of potential. Interest from a number of clubs. £19.75m release clause)

Marc Bartra - Barcelona (contract is up in 2014 and seems keen on a move. Good potential, probably higher rated in game than IRL).

Nemanja Vidic - Man Utd (contract is up in 2014 and would be an amazing addition. Likely his wages will be prohibitive though).

I realise these are hardly news to anyone but I'm just getting going. Any ideas on other CBs? Anyone found Buffon's replacement yet?

In that tactic u have 2 poachers they must get isolated?. Also the wing back are set to defend so do u not struggle with width?. Good thread btw

Its just a first squad visualisation, didnt think of the positions yet. So dont really look at the positions set. Probably would work better with Auto Wingbacks, and Llorente as Target Man

I've signed 17 year old Alberto Cerri for 4million. He looks like he's going to develop into a good Target man (which I've only ever used now with Llorente and have completely fallen in love)

Also. Goretzka, Doria, Badelj have joined too for future/cover

yep stgahoy thats how I afforded the signings above, much needed! I'd reccomend not selling or buying anyone until january, and factor the 28million into the budget for potential players :)

I snapped up Gabriel Barbosa from under Barcelona's nose, similar player to Fierro it looks like. Timo werner can be had for under 7million before he signs a new contract (usually signs it not long after that transfer budget increase) I missed out on him though!

I could pick up the keeper called Ron-Robert Zieler (poor mans ter stegen?) for 7mil but im holding out for now

Will be having a save with Juventus this year, simply because of Pirlo.

Just extended deal with Pirlo for another year :cool:

so stgahoy, what about your tactic experiments? Still going with standard - balanced mix or gone over to control - fluid???

Also curious: how the staff should be managed, any tips here?

If anyone have got some decent money for unneeded players, please share it :)

Well I went to control fluid, I'm always low on ball possesion but well I'm winning with it. In Champions League - 6 games 4 wins 2 draws, in a group with Barcelona, Marseille and M. Tel Aviv, 2 draws vs Barcelona both 1-1. In Serie A after 15 games 11 wins 4 draws, 26 scored 6 against. So yeah more Capello then Conte style. I'm struggeling with the gap between midfield and attackers, and with converting the one on one situations, also I feel like there are too many long shots, defence looks solid, wingbacks are very good. Made some instructions for Tevez, Marchisio/Pogba, Vidal.

Here's the link to the tactic:

http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/2397160/file.html

The left MC is the more creative one, he is set to try more risky passes. Pick Tevez to the right striker, he is set to get the ball more often, the right MC is set to pressing more often. And yeah thats it for now, will work on this till the end of the season.

Decided to give Juve a go, signed Doria, Leon Gorentzka and Keisuke Honda. Managed to beat Lazio 2-1 in the Super Cup final, but then lost 2-1 to Napoli in the first league game. Just beat Bologna 2-0 in the 2nd game.

Juventus_FixturesSchedule_zps5d726ad3.png~original

Had a good September which sees me go 2nd. In my Champions League group, I've got Chelsea, Marsielle and Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

Early in to my second season with Juventus and PSG have come in for Marchisio and unsettled him. He asked me why I wouldn't let him talk to them and I said I could match his ambitions by winning the champs league (got to the final in my first season but lost). He didn't like that and he's now stuck on unhappy with abysmal morale and it's saying our relationship has

completely broken down! Is there anything I can do to make him come round or am I resigned to losing him? Don't want to sell him because he's a one club man and all.

Early in to my second season with Juventus and PSG have come in for Marchisio and unsettled him. He asked me why I wouldn't let him talk to them and I said I could match his ambitions by winning the champs league (got to the final in my first season but lost). He didn't like that and he's now stuck on unhappy with abysmal morale and it's saying our relationship has

completely broken down! Is there anything I can do to make him come round or am I resigned to losing him? Don't want to sell him because he's a one club man and all.

Same thing happened to me in the first January (except it was Man City doing the unsettling). He spent the whole month sulking and I spent the whole month driving up his price and looking for a replacement. In the end I sold him for £32m and bought Thiago from Bayern for £28m plus a few add ons based on performance. Not really a like-for-like replacement, but Thiago will get better and better and probably end up a better player.

Archived