The Rise of Cockfosters - An English Youth Challenge

BrokenEagleEye

Hello everyone, I'm BrokenEagleEye and I'm new to the forums so I thought I'd bring myself into the community by doing the Youth Challenge which seems popular and very hard to do, I've made it even harder by loading England down to Level 10 where I've chosen Cockfosters who play in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One.

Cockfosters_FC_logo.png

Cockfosters Football Club is a football club based in Cockfosters in the London Borough of Enfield, England.

The 2007–08 season saw Cockfosters make their debut in the FA Cup. They beat Essex Senior League side Southend Manor in the Extra Preliminary Round before losing to Welwyn Garden City after a replay in the preliminary round. In the 2010–11 season Cockfosters proceeded through to the preliminary round after beating Hullbridge Sports 2–1. Cockfosters then played local Isthmian League Division One North side Cheshunt, the match ended in a 2–2 draw forcing a replay to which Cockfosters lost out to a 2–1 defeat.

Cockfosters play their home games at Chalk Lane, Cockfosters, Hertfordshire, EN4 9JG.

EpoWlRh.png?1

US0JbhR.png?1

eDdIh32.png?1

cockfosters+102.JPG

The grandstand at Chalk Lane.

The rules are simple, I can sign staff if I want (will only sign a Head of Youth Development) I can't sign any players, not even on loan.

yes! Seen 3 teams relatively nearby to me on careers for FM13: Enfield, Wingate & Finchley and now Cockfosters! More North London saves please!

It was going to be between Cockfosters & Sun Postal Sports, I only chose based on the name :p

Loving these youth challenges! Hope this one's gonna be exciting to read!

Thanks Shevchenko, I'll try my best to make it half-decent haha.

August 2012

8BIwDHc.png?1

gwJZpl3.png?1

It looks like everyone was made joint favourites apart from Chesham Town Reserves, poor Chesham, we managed to make a whole £1050 already this season just from those 15 people buying season tickets which is great news for us!

b7takLN.png?1

197cdGG.png?1

The league has begun and life has started good picking up 9 points from 12 with only the loss to Coldicote going against us so far. In the first game we did also break a record!

WwX6Hui.png?1

FA Cup

b5Pf1wy.png?1

We didn't exactly put on the best of shows in the FA Cup, going out to Ryton & Crawcrook Albion in the First Qualifying Round although we did take them too a rather dramatic penalty shootout!

LMragfM.png?1

Cockfosters, ha :D.

I thought people would like the name :D

Interesting that as a (near) London team you're in the South Midlands league..

I guess it's on the borders of 2 different leagues.

A tenner prize money. :D

Why are all your reserves and youth players ineligible for the first team?

It will definitely keep us going ;) and I don't know but they can all play now so it's all good :)

October 2012

SCj5ZCx.png?1

UTDGTqr.png?1

A busy month of inconsistency and another Cup loss, I was really disappointed with the Sun Postal Sports results, we should have had all 3 points, they are bottom for a reason after all...

I'm also disappointed with the cup loss, we would have been given a whole £25 for winning the 2nd Round!

Doing well so far,good to see that your not too far off 2nd either.

Thanks B.W.G, the top 2 teams have broken away from the rest of us with a 6 point gap so there's still a big push to be made.

I think you should also add the backroom staff should be made up of entirely former players eventually ?(makes it more interesting and unique)

That's the plan :thup:

2012/13 - Cockfosters - Spartan South Midlands League Division One

League Table - 2nd - Promoted

A great debut season sees us go up at the first time of asking where I'll just be looking for survival next season.

FA Cup - First Qualifying Round - Lost to Ryton & Crawcrook Albion.

FA Vase - First Qualifying Round - Lost to Wolverhampton Casuals.

Challenge Trophy - Second Round - Beat Buckingham Athletic, lost to Stotfold.

Division One Trophy - Second Round - Lost to Chesham United Reserves.

Squad - The squad is big and there was a lot of rotation.

Finances - Declining, our biggest expenditure was on Player Wages and I don't know who to get rid of.

Transfers - None.

Youth Players at the club:

Paul O'Meara (YP1a)

Shaun Windass (YP1b)

Nick Hooker (YP1c)

|Season |                  League                    | Position | Avg. Attendance | Salary p/a | Club Worth (£) |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|2012/13| Spartan South Midlands League Division One |    2nd ^ |        35       |  £48.77K   |      £8K       |                   

Nice job on promotion for your first year :thup:
Well done on earning promotion.
Nice job man

Thanks guys :thup:

well done on the promotion. As Shevchenko says they must be really good for that division even though they look really poor :D Having O'Meara and Windass being able to go straight in to the first team is an amazing bonus for your chances next year :thup:

Thanks Dexter, I'm hoping that the jumpe up isn't too big and we cxan settle for a mid-table place this season.

Congratulations on winning promotion :thup:

Thanks B.W.G :)

Congrats on promotion. Hopefully these 1st few leagues will be a breeze.

Thanks Jack, I think it'll be hard until our Youths hit their early 20's.

Archived