Trident Tactic Released for FM13 Version 13.1.3

(When I first started to rebuild this tactic I called it MAGMA but after hours and hours of work decided to call it TRIDENT) Apparently when you load it the name shown is MAGMA but its the same file as TRIDENT If you prefer to keep it as MAGMA dont do anything! If you prefer the name TRIDENT simply save as "TRIDENT" :-)

Like so many other members of this forum I was really looking forward to the release of FM 13. So when it came out I just loaded my tried and tested tactic from FM 12 knowing it had served me so well in the past. However my 4-1-2-3 formation failed miserably. It did not matter how much I tinkered with it I keep losing. Frustrated and to be honest a little bit pissed off I decided to take the back bone of my 4-1-2-3 formation and dissect and rebuild it.

The first thing I had to eventually accept is that FM 13 or completely different from FM 12 and by extensive analysis decided that I needed to bolster my midfield and decided to drop a striker to midfield and therefore my 4-1-2-3 became 4-1-3-2.

I read the FM 13 ingame hints and tips and I painstakingly examined every position one by one and edited the player instructions until I had finished. Thus was born my new tactic which I call TRIDENT.

Goalkeeper

Make sure you get as good player as possible with Handling, Reflexes, Positioning, Communication, Aerial Ability and Jumping.

Full Backs

Since the Full Backs quite often make Forward Runs Stamina and Pace must be as high as possible as the last thing you want is to get caught on the Counter Attack especially late in the game. Also try and get high stats in Positioning, Tacking and Anticipation. Work Rate and Crossing would be a bonus.

Centre Back

I decided to give them very little freedom after watching them wonder off to many times. Both Centre Backs will clear the ball quite quickly so hopefully they won’t get caught in possession too many times. I also decided to tell them not to Close Down as quite a few times I found that opposing Attackers were dragging them out of position.

It is important that these players have good stats in Tackling, Heading, Jumping, Positioning, Marking, Strength, Bravery and Team work.

Defensive Midfielder

I always play with a DM/C as he helps out not only in defence but midfield too. Must have good Heading, Tackling, Stamina, Positioning, Passing and Work Rate.

Midfield Centre (NOT the one in the middle)

I still cant get over not having 3 Strikers so I decided to tell two of my midfielders to be Box to Box midfielders and to support the attack. In my twisted mind I thought having two midfielders making runs forward would sort of make up for the Striker I took away.

Just because they are set up as Attacking Midfielders doesn’t mean you should buy Attacking Midfielders. As long as the players have as good stats as possible in Passing, Creativity, Stamina, Work Rate, Pace, Technique and Dribbling you should be fine., Heading and Tackling would be a bonus as would Long Shots.

Midfield Centre (Yes the one in the middle)

A little bit more static in midfield so the Heading, Tackling, Passing, Jumping and Work Rate stats should be slightly higher. I like this player to be good at winning the ball in the air so when their Goalkeeper kicks it out this player and the DM/C have a good chance of winning the header.

Striker Centre Right

This player is set up as a Poacher and as such sits on the shoulder of the last defender. He will hopefully be able to beat any Offside traps and run onto through balls from the Midfield or any passes from his strike partner.

He must have a high stat in Pace, Acceleration and Composure but also as good as possible in Dribbling, Finishing, Heading, Jumping, Off The Ball, Technique, Stamina and Work rate

Striker Centre Left

I wanted a Striker who was very much in the mode of Teddy Sheringham. So he doesn’t have to be as fast as his Strike Partner but maybe a bit of strength would be helpful as well as passing and creativity. Other than that try and get as many of the stats listed for the Striker Centre Right as well.

I have uploaded it for those of you who want to give it a try. I think you will be impressed with it once you have bought the players to fit it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nh2guryh8aa5cb3

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22654513/TRIDENT.rar (Please note this file has been uploaded again as previous file didnt work)

I think you need to upload the file again because it it says "trident.rar.html" and the file is not working

thanks for letting me know... I have added it to Mediafire. Not sure what is happening with Gamefront as I have tested it myself and it works..so im confused.. it is a zip file on Gamefront where as the one on Mediafire is just the file

Results? Screenshots? Do you make any changes according to whether you are leading or losing? Do you use the exact same tactic when you are huge are a huge favorite or an underdog?

IF I find myself behind after 70mins or so I will take off the midfielder who is playing the worse and stick on a forward. I will then move the DM/C up to the M/C position. Obviously if it the DM/C who is replaced then I just put the striker up front.

Also its important to have a Striker on the bench who is quite quick.... he can take advantage of the opposition defenders tiredness... and thus around 70 mins will hopefully make a big impact.

Trying this with my Dag & Red team in the Championship. Was on a awful run with my tactics but first 3 games with this has seen me win 1-0, 3-0 and 4-0 so very positive start so far. Will report back with more results when I have them

Trying this with my Dag & Red team in the Championship. Was on a awful run with my tactics but first 3 games with this has seen me win 1-0, 3-0 and 4-0 so very positive start so far. Will report back with more results when I have them

I am really happy not only with the fact that TRIDENT seems to of turned your season around (hopefully) but also the fact that the defensive tweaks for version 13.1.3 seem to be working.. thanks for the feedback :)

Defense is not working for me, at the moment.

2-4

2-6

But then, in the 3rd game, we was down 0-3, so again crap defense. But the last 3 minutes, with extra time included, left striker scored 3 goals and made the game even, amazing.

But yes, this is the 3 first games and I'm gonna keep going to see if it gets stable later.

My first 6 games W W L L L L W, will keep going, and see how it beds down (in L1, average/ decent squad)

Couple of questions,

First, the tactic is called MAGMA not TRIDENT ? once its downloaded thats the name that comes up, is it the same one ?

Secondly all 3 MC are BBM, , is that correct ?

Third, apart ftom the formation change to 4-3-3 as mentioned in the first post (when losing), do you use shouts ? or any form of Opposition instructions before / during the game

Thanks for taking the time to upload your tactic, and to respond,

Cheers Mate

EDIT just beat Palace 3-1 away after a man sent off in the first minute (gotta love FM)

Defense is not working for me, at the moment.

2-4

2-6

But then, in the 3rd game, we was down 0-3, so again crap defense. But the last 3 minutes, with extra time included, left striker scored 3 goals and made the game even, amazing.

But yes, this is the 3 first games and I'm gonna keep going to see if it gets stable later.

TRIDENT isnt a cheat tactic it will take time and a few players bought in to make it work if you follow the guidelines for stats for each position. Also dont forget to change training to TACTIC until the players get used to it and I would suggest Cohesion traing for a while after.

Without actually loading your savegame up on my PC I cant see why you are conceding so much! How were your defenders doing before TRIDENT? What are their Morale like etc?

First, the tactic is called MAGMA not TRIDENT ?

Simple answer is they are the same tactic!

Before I started to rebuild the tactic it was called MAGMA after what seemed like forever and a million tweaks I renamed it TRIDENT.

If you prefer to keep it as MAGMA dont do anything! If you prefer the name TRIDENT simply save as "TRIDENT" :-)

First, the tactic is called MAGMA not TRIDENT ? once its downloaded thats the name that comes up, is it the same one ?

Answer= YES (see other posts) ;-)

Secondly all 3 MC are BBM, , is that correct ?

Answer = YES

Third, apart ftom the formation change to 4-3-3 as mentioned in the first post (when losing), do you use shouts ? or any form of Opposition instructions before / during the game

Answer= If I am a goal down around 60-70 mins in I make the substitution as previously described and see what happens.. however as time progresses I might change from ATTACKING to OVERLOAD and depending on whats happening on the field I might change to the 4-3-3 formation as previously described. I ignore Opposition Instructions completely.

Literally getting stomped in my Liverpool save (since the patch). Hoping this tactic can turn something around before the game frustrates me.

I am worried for you as its not just about the tactic. If your team is losing that bad ..... morale will be very low and that means its going to need not only a good tactic such as TRIDENT but also good Managerial Skills... are you up to it :)

Seriously though..good luck and give the tactic time to work :)

Answer= YES (see other posts) ;-)

Answer = YES

Answer= If I am a goal down around 60-70 mins in I make the substitution as previously described and see what happens.. however as time progresses I might change from ATTACKING to OVERLOAD and depending on whats happening on the field I might change to the 4-3-3 formation as previously described. I ignore Opposition Instructions completely.

Thanks mate , much appreciated, going to stick with it, and will report back !

Thought Id try this for fun. But a couple fo questions:

what tactic do you use to defend a lead or do you just change the team tactics?

when you push a third striker up what is his role... adavanced forward? and with only 3 in the middle and no Dm do you still stick to BBM?

I've been using this tactic as a base for my own. Tweaking slightly a few things (left striker as AMC playmaker for exemple, as well keeping all MC long shots to a minimum), and the results are very good :)

It's very solid defensively and strong in offense too. I got dominating players so I stomp pretty easily my own division, but I can also crush Milan 4-0 & 6-0 in Champions' League :D

what tactic do you use to defend a lead or do you just change the team tactics?

Answer=

Most of the time I do not even bother to defend a lead the exceptions to this is when you are watching the game and the opposition seem to have chance after chance. I would then change from ATTACKING to COUNTER or STANDARD.

In testing the tactic I found that changing it too far towards CONTAIN or DEFENSIVE was just asking for them to attack.

when you push a third striker up what is his role... adavanced forward?

Answer=

When I push a third Striker up making the tactic a 4-3-3 the default setting is a DEFENSIVE FORWARD and this hopefully bridges any gap between the Midfielders and the Strikers .. and most of the time this is enough (hopefully)

However I would imagine this strategy might work differently from team to team so my advice would be to try my way but if its not working for your set of players experiment with his setting ... making him a CF or Poacher might work better for your team! Hope that helps :)

and with only 3 in the middle and no Dm do you still stick to BBM?

Answer=

YES!

I made 3 big tweaks to this and made a HUGE impact

* Drop Dline about 1/3 the way up

* Standard Strategy (drops the offside trap)

* Use big man / little man combo upfront

Flying now, won 7 on the row. Before i was getting killed by through balls and round the sides. Changes have been amazing :)

Flying now, won 7 on the row. Before i was getting killed by through balls and round the sides. Changes have been amazing :)

Thank You! This type of post is exactly what I am trying to point out. This tactic isnt a cheat tactic you cant always expect to start using it and then all of a sudden your team is unbeatable!

wez007 Hopefully tried the tactic as it was and watched the replays and then decided the tactic needed tweaking for his team. For example you could change the setting to swop strikers to make them harder to man mark.

What other Managers shouldnt do is to edit TRIDENT (Previously known as Magma) with wez007 new settings and expect them to work for YOUR team.

wez007s team will improve over time and I bet you he will notice any shortcomings on the pitch and will tweak it again..and again which in my mind shows me he is a very competent Manager!

Which team are you wez007?

I will answer that one myself having read through thread :) .... Dag & Red ... so I will ask another question! What are your player stats like?

After the "bedding in" period, reults have been very very nice

P 15 W11 D2 L2.

scoring a decent amount of goals, and one of my CM has broken the assists record for the season.

Not tinkered at all, no OI at all, and no cheating / re-loading whatsoever,

I set training to tactics until fluid, then to balanced,

my advice is give it a try, but be patient for the first 5-10 games, get fluid, and enjoy

(It may of course just be a good run of luck, or perhaps my players are a good fit for this system, but its working so far !!!!!!)

thanks to OP for taking the time to upload:)

You guys must be genius.

My team is Port Vale and media pred. is 24.After the patch i was having troubled times finding a good tactic.Here the results after Trident Tac with the tweaks you made.

By the way Southend's media prediction is 1, and they are in the 1st place in the league.

asdsad.jpg

You guys must be genius.

My team is Port Vale and media pred. is 24.After the patch i was having troubled times finding a good tactic.Here the results after Trident Tac with the tweaks you made.

By the way Southend's media prediction is 1, and they are in the 1st place in the league.

asdsad.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

Archived