FM13: Abel Hernández - La Joya

JD nawrat

Full Name: Abel Mathías Hernández Platero

Date of Birth: 8 August 1990

Place of Birth: Pando, Uruguay

Position: Striker

Abel_Hernandez.jpg

Abel Hernandez, nicknamed "La Joya" meaning "The Jewel" in English, is a Uruguayan striker currently playing for Palermo in Serie A. The young striker began his career at Peñarol in Uruguay before moving on to Central Español. It was here, at Español, where Hernández would get his first taste of profesionally first-team football, netting five goals in his first four games. Peñarol, impressed with their former-youth, re-signed him for their first team not long after the youngster would also establish himself in the U20 Uruguayan national side. Within a year of playing for Peñarol the second time round, Abel began to attract interest from European clubs, most notably Palermo who had signed fellow Uruguayan and now renown striker Edinson Cavani just two years prior. At Palermo, the two striker would become united only for Cavani to move on later. However Hernández would remain at Palermo, where he currently plays to this very day. He has also represented the full Uruguayan national team eight times, having scored three goals. He is another striker who has bags of potential, much like Diego Forlan, Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez. The 22 year old forward is described as being a pacey striker with great technical ability.

This is how 'La Joya' looks at the beginning of FM13.

8989D6BFEE3E8C82601A9BA2321271308C7FFB55

As you can see, he is indeed a pacey striker with great technical ability. He has pacey aplenty, as well as impressive finishing, composure and off the ball, making him a lethal Poacher. He is also capable of playing an Advanced Forward role due to his decent stats in passing and creativity. This, therefore, means you shouldn't rule out the possibility of playing him in a Deep-Lying Forward role, should you choose to. He's a versatile player who promises much. But does he fulfill the potential he has?

2BEAFA29D1EF544E4E75A3E29DBDA7AECE8224E5

This is Abel Hernandez at the end of season 2013/2014 with me (Swansea). As you can see, he does develop nicely. The stats that matter - finishing, composure, off the ball, pace, acceleration, technique - rise steadily when trained in a Poacher's role. In fact, even stats that perhaps he doesn't need too much like Anticipation and Strength, still valuable stats for anyone playing up front, have improved. Personally I have had much success with him as a Poacher, with him finding the net a rather incredible 30 times in 38 league games in his first ever season outside of Italy. Not only that, but he chips in with more than his fair share of assists, making him a huge thorn in the side of just about any opponent he comes up against. In 46 games, he made 50 direct contributions, an impressive record for any player, I think. Providing he gets adequate service, he's a match winner and an asset any team can only benefit from. Surely, though, a player of such quality must demand a gargantuan fee? Nope.

6C1360FEB5BC4372C4F2B832C85B416640A0B960

To my surprise, Hernandez seems relatively easy to get a hold of. Albeit I did have to wait until the Summer of 2013 before making a move for him, but at a total of only £12.5M and such a great return in terms of goals scored or assisted, he's proven to be an absolute steal at the price Palermo wanted.

His Current and Potential Ability are as follows:

CA: 133; PA: 167

Meaning he has the ability to be a quality player at any level. His PA might seem that outstanding, but please do bear in mind that his attributes are already very well distributed and with the right guidance will make him lethal at whatever appropriate role you designate him.

So Why Abel?

• In Hernandez you have a player who can perform consistently at a top level, including the Champions League (6 goals in 6 games for me in a group of Juventus, Real Madrid and Galatasaray).

• He's a proven goalscorer and a very capable assister.

• He's willing to join most clubs, providing they play in the top tier - Swansea for example (tipped for relegation at the beginning of the game).

• He demands a relatively low transfer fee and his wages aren't astronomical either.

• 50 contributions in 46 games!

Here's another two images which will perhaps help convey the quality Hernandez carries.

STfe0.png

A406E12273378FB0BF1DB3A8C84F6D68FAA1B9A4

His consistency is recognised by my assistant who also describes him as having the ability to be a leading star for most Premier League sides.

I had to race Juventus and a couple big other teams to his signature. He was listed by request, and chose us (newly promoted Pompey).

We can afford it thanks to a tycoon which took over in League One :brock: Only played one season, rotated with Pato and Belfodil, and he scored 12 or 13.

damn, me likey. playin as newcastle 1st season in, and approaching jan transfer window. as ba and cisse will no doubt be off to african cup of nations am short up front. you think this guy could do the job, and would he be likely to be available that early in the game?

He can certainly do the job, yup. Whether he's available that early or not I'm not sure, I suppose it all hinges on how Palermo (and Abel) are doing in Italy. He's signable, but whether he's reasonably priced I'm unsure. He should only have 6 months left on his contract, though. It can't hurt to have a look at him at the very least.

He was a legend in my FM12 game got me 80 odd goals one season, although that could be down to Brobs17 amazing tactics!

This year I am forcing myself not to download tactics (and enjoying it more because of it) so have been afraid to sign him as I dont want him to "flop"

Just loaded up at work to see what hes up to half way though season 3! Looks like I missed my chance, hes gone to porto and worth £18.25mil.

One of my favourite players

I bought him in FM12 for my Napoli side at a price of £11m as a replacement for Cavani(sold for £45m). He is a great forward, unfortunately lacking in workrate which I value very highly in one striker systems. He will score though. 14 in 32 in his first season, 23 in 37 second season and 26 in 36 third season. Looks like a quality buy in FM13 too. Just unsettle him in the first 6 months and get for a lower price in Jan as his deal is running out.

Signed him for Spurs along with Jovetic.

Haven't used that save much yey but definatly has alot of potential but he doesn't speak English.. I guess that will affect him, right?

He is having trouble blending in at my Newcastle team, so far he has 6 (4) games where he has scored twice and assisted once, averaging 6.77. So yes it is affecting him.

Hmm signed him for 9.5m and * drum roll * sold him for £30m but that's not all...

I have a 50% transfer in his clause, Please Barcelona sell him asap! Great player but couldn't turn down 30m with 50% clause I negotiated barca for this deal.

I'm Liverpool

Here he is for my Pompey side in 2015/16 season;

hernandezo.png

Solid player, couldn't get 30 goals out of him in my first season though.

Yep he's quality, just come on here to reccomend him and one of the first player threads is about him!

Just signed him for Napoli on a co-ownership, hopefully permenant in a year (plus it gives me insurance against the big boys poaching him), and currently playing him as an advanced forward but have the option of using him as a poacher too.

Do people have the most success training him as a poacher then? Or is advanced forward the way as it should help improve his work-rate.

Also how did you get the picture up for him?

• 2 weeks later...

E2F5DF4F7198CACC487CCD964632447839EAE083

Here's how Abel looks in 2015 on my save. His value has rocketed and he's comparable in ability to Ty's Abel.

He only scored 13 goals (in the league) last season but then he suffered a few injuries and had fiercer competition this season than he's had before. He 26 games. In total he scored 21 goals and was my joint top goalscorer with Nils Petersen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived