Robbie Cotton

tommonufc

Signed him from Blackburn in the first season on a compensation deal, after his potential was rated highly from scouts. His stats aren't that overwhelming, even considering his age, but as you can see from the second screenshot he is being touted as a leading Premier League center midfielder; but I just can't see it. I intend to get him tutored, most likely by Alex Song. So hoping for some success stories from others with him, as I have to say I am skeptical of his potential.

Potential Ability;

End of 1st Season/Start of 2nd

6931267180_028d2181b6_b.jpg

Robbie Cotton (Overview_ Attributes) by TRichardsss, on Flickr

6931269072_2bd1f176b7_b.jpg

Robbie Cotton (Reports_ Coach Report) by TRichardsss, on Flickr

He never develops for me sadly. He is a bit like Ravel Morrison on fm11 and to some degree on fm12, reject tutoring, no sign of improvement in 3 seasons. Shame really.

Hmm, he rejected tutoring from Alex Song, and since a lack of viable role models within the team I set about trying my luck with Laurent Koscienly tutoring him. Took an assertive approach with him, and after rejecting at first he came round to the idea. Hopefully that will have a good affect, although I'm not holding out too much hope.

@ramie You mentioned Ravel Morrison, I brought him from Man U for peanuts when managing Chelsea, and turned him into a great, great player. Lacking in certain mentals, but he was defiantly on his way to fulfilling the much vaunted potential. By the time I stopped the save, he had made about 12 or so England caps and scored a few goals by the age of 22.

I got him on a free at the end of first season for spurs after Blackburn release him and he always rejects tutoring. Going to sell him in Jan window make a few quid I reckon, Man city interested.

This is what I'm thinking; have managed to get him tutored by Koscienly, so depending on how that goes, and if he were to reject tutoring from Alex Song after that I'll try and clear a profit on him and get rid.

Ive just got him for free as well for Montepellier, and same as OP my scouts rate him to have potential to be better than Belhenda, which I cant honesty see with them stats. But could be worthwhile even if I make couple of mill from him

I signed him on a free for Southampton, and he was happy enough to be tutored by Jack Cork (spirited, and sadly only 14 determination). They got along nicely, and Cotton picked up a bunch of PPMs that are a little above his skill level =) So far he's been chugging along in the U-18s and doing alright. He's seen some progress, but I'll need to ship him out on loan next season as his stats are still way below Premier level. I do get regular loan requests for him, so that won't be too hard to arrange.

I do think he's a long-term project, but I think he'll eventually come good. Just not as early as wonderkid regens do.

Signed him on a free, first pre season friendly comes on at half time. 75% passing accuracy (team average was about 70, was a poor performance even though we won 3-0) and scored the final goal. Seems a pretty good prospect if you ask me.

Got him for huddersfield in the second season having been promoted to the championship. He says we're a stepping stone which angered fans but I don't mind aslong as he progresses. Gonna see if I can get him tutored by my DM this season then my AM after. Keep you all informed.

i've tried him several times before, i can get nothing at all out of him. i won't go near him now.

He's a real git isn't he? Got him at Liverpool, rejects all tutoring, doesn't develop, and is a right pain in my ass.

He's a real git isn't he? Got him at Liverpool, rejects all tutoring, doesn't develop, and is a right pain in my ass.

i did pick him up on a free this save for the sole purpose of selling him :D sold him 6 months after i got him to chelsea for 2.5 million and 35% of next fee.

i did pick him up on a free this save for the sole purpose of selling him :D sold him 6 months after i got him to chelsea for 2.5 million and 35% of next fee.

Guess I know what I'll be doing with the lad now. :thup:

I picked him up for United on a free, managed to get him tutored by Scholes after rejecting Fletcher, it didn't go well but now he's being tutored by Rooney and Cottons Determination is now at 19. He needs to be loaned out for the rest of the season now, that's the hard part.

• 1 month later...

Archived